Chapter Six

The Ghost Of You

"Are you sure you'll be alright? I can always call in sick again." Kris said as Tao handed him his coat. Tao sighed, leaning up to kiss his lips. "Kris, you've called in sick for a month, I'm surprised you still have a job." He said, fixing Kris' messy hair. The older chuckled, putting this coat on. 

"Everyone is aware that I need to take care of you." He said, placing a sweet kiss on the younger's forehead. Tao only shook his head as he pushed the older out the door. "Lay will be here in a few minutes, I can handle myself till then. I told you, I'll get my memory back, and this is just me learning to be on my own." He said, giving Kris one more kiss before shutting the door in his face.

"I'll call you when I get there!" Kris yelled, though his voice was muffled, Tao heard it. He only laughed, shaking his head as he went over to the house that started ringing. "Hello?"

"Hey Taozi!" Lay chirped happily. Tao laughed as he sat down on the couch. "Where are you?" Tao asked, curling his legs up on the couch and turning the TV on. "I'm almost there. I just passed Kris in my car, and he looked like he was going to bite his nails off." He chuckled into the phone. Tao shook his head again.

He knew Kris was worried about Tao being by himself. Since he didn't really know how to cook anymore, he was worried that Tao might either starve to death or literally burn the house down. He didn't know what to do in case of an emergency, he didn't know how to do house work. He didn't know how to do a lot of things any more.

"Hey, I'm at the door, come let me in." Lay said, hanging up the phone before Tao could respond. The younger threw the phone on the coffee table before standing up and rushing to let his friend in. "Hi!" He said, giving the other a hug. Lay held up a bag full of groceries. "We're gonna have fun today." He said, offering Tao a somewhat creepy smile that made the younger feel a little uneasy.

"Uh, what's in the bag?" He asked, moving aside for Lay to come in. The older simply walked past him and went to the kitchen. "Lock the door then come in here little one!" He called. Tao only shrugged, shutting the door and locking it before he walked into the kitchen. When he entered, he saw that Lay had an assortment of different tubes, and little candies.

"What the hell is all of this?" He asked, sitting down at the across from Lay. His friend smiled holding up two bowls and two spoons. "This, my dear Zitao, is your first lesson on how to make my famous Every Thing But The Kitchen Sink Ice Cream Sunday!" He handed Tao a bowl and a spoon.

"Now, first things first: Get the bull out of the way, get a huge scoop of Ice Cream. I have three different flavors. This is also test to see if you'll pick your favorite, so no pressure." He put the tubes in front of Tao. "Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry." He held his hands out gesturing to each one.

Tao hesitantly reached his spoon out, tasting each one before he dug his spoon into the chocolate. Lay let a small smile play across his face as he reached for the vanilla. "I'm glad you still remember what you love." He said, giving the younger a glance. Tao smiled, leaning back in his seat as Lay went on with the lesson.

"Next, you gotta pick your toppings. Now, I have lots of them, gummie bears, sprinkles, different types of candies like M&M's, Reeces, other stuff like that. That's what you go for next. Put whatever you want in it." He began picking up different candies and putting them into his bowl, as Tao did the same. Only picking the M&M's and  the gummy bears.

"How come you didn't get more?" Lay asked, smiling a little. Tao shrugged. "I don't now, the other stuff didn't look as good as theses." He admitted, leaning over the counter. Lay only smiled at him. "So far you've done everything that you use to do. You hate all this other junk, you only like those." He said, pushing the toppings away.

Tao smiled, happy that he'd done something right. "And last but not least, syrup. Now, we have caramel and chocolate. Pick which one you want." He said pushing the bottles forwards. Tao gave him an apprehensive look. "Can't we have both?" He asked. Lay's smile faltered only a minute, unshed tears b his eyes.

"Yeah you can have both." He opened one and poured it on the Sunday. Tao put his hand on top of Lay's. "Did I do something wrong?" He asked, worried that he'd said the wrong thing. Lay shook his head, sitting the bottle down. "No, not at all. You did everything you would have done if you still had your memory." He gave Tao a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

The younger looked at him sadly. "Then why are you crying?" Maybe something had happened with Sehun? Lay came around to him and gave him a hug, letting a few tears escape his eyes. "I just miss you." He said, burying his face in Tao's shoulder. "I'm happy that you still have a little bit of you in there." He admitted, hugging Tao closer.

The younger somehow felt that Lay wasn't telling him the whole truth. "Why do I feel like you're hiding something from me?" Tao asked, pulling Lay back to look at his eyes. He wiped away his tears and picked up the other's bowl. "Why don't we go eat these in there, and go talk about it?" He handed Lay the bowl, grabbed his, then pushed the other towards the living room.

After they were comfortable, Tao scooted close to Lay, digging into his Ice Cream. "So why did we really make these?" Tao asked, taking a bite. Lay sighed, pushing his around then taking a huge bite. "Sehun and I had a fight." He said with a mouth full. Tao nodded, taking another bite. "You wanna talk about it?" He asked, knowing that he might not be able to help, but at least he would be a good ear to listen.

Lay took another bite. "Sehun's an . He forgot out anniversary. He went out with his friends and they went to a strip club. A STRIP CLUB!" He pouted, furiously stiring his Ice Cream. Tao raised an eye brow. "What's a strip club?" He asked dumbly. Lay face palmed before turning to face him. "I forgot, you're still learning. Okay a strip club is where people go and take their cloths off for money." Tao gasped, sitting his bowl down in his lap.

"People do that? Isn't that wrong?" He asked, wide eyed. Lay chuckled a little before taking another bite. "Yeah, that's why I'm mad at Sehun." Tao put his bowl on the table, wrapping his arms around Lay. "I'm sorry, Lay Ge." He said in Chinese, hugging the older close. Lay smiled, hugging the younger closer.

"That's a classic Tao answer right there. Whenever you couldn't help others, you would just tell them you were sorry and hug them." He laid his head on Tao's shoulder, beginning to cry.

"I'm happy that you're slowly coming back, but I'm upset with Sehun. He came home and when I asked him where he went he told me, and then I asked him if he remembered what yesterday had been and he didn't. He kept throwing guesses at me, and when I'd finally had enough I blurted out, 'It's our anniversary you !' and stormed out of the house." Tao wiped away a few more tears that fell placing a soft kiss on his forehead.

"What did he do?" He asked. Lay let out a deep sigh. "He looked like a deer caught in the headlights. I just grabbed my keys and my phone and left. I spent the night at Lu's." Tao nodded. "Does he know you're over here?" Lay sat up, finishing off his Sunday.

"I don't know, and I don't care. We've been dating since my senior year in high school, this is our four year anniversary, and he just forgot it. It's like I don't mean anything to him." Lay sniffled and sat his bowl next to Tao's.

The younger laid a blanket over the, and snuggled up to Lay. "Tell me about high school." He picked up his bowl and began eating again. When Lay had mentioned high school, it reminded him that he wanted to learn more about it. Lay chuckled.

"Well, high school was hell. But our little group made it through it. I'll tell you what I remember, but Kris will have to fill you in on your love story as you put it." Tao laughed. He knew Lay was right, but he wanted to hear it from a friend's perspective. They would get back to Lay's relationship issues later, right now, Lay need a distraction. And this was the perfect excuse.

"I guess I should start with freshman year." Lay began, settling into the couch.

---------------------------------

[A/N:]

I know I had said this chapter would be the flashback, but I decided to do it a different way. The next few chapters will be nothing but flashback. Like probably the next two or three depending on how I space it out.

Okay, you guys wanna know a little secret?

....

....

....

I technically already wrote the ending for this story! XD

SO! That being said, I will simply have to write the middle. LOL

Anywho!

Thank you for reading! Subscribe, up vote, comment for the comment ?

Saranghae!

-Kyla<3