Chapter Seven

The Ghost Of You

[A/N:] This is the beginning of the  flashback chapters! I thought about putting it in Italics, but decided against it since technically this is part of the story.

Enjoy!

----------------------

"I am going to die." Tao muttered as he and Lay walked the hallways of their new high school. The older laughed, hooking his arm with Tao's. "You'll be fine! Trust me, I've already been here a year." Tao sighed as Lay stopped him in front of his locker. "And lucky for you, I pulled some strings so you could be my locker mate." He said, gesturing to the one next to him.

Tao smiled, opening the door and putting some of his books in. He had gotten most of them from the office, but still needed a few more. It was Tao's first year of high school, and he was beyond scared of the outcome. He'd heard horrible stories about bullies in high school, and he wasn't looking forward to his first encounter with one. Even if he did know Wushu.

Lay closed his lockers door, taking his hand and pulling him along. "Come on little one, we're late for class." As he dragged Tao through the hallways, he made the mistake of letting go of his wrist, causing Tao to run into someone. His books went all over the floor, and he landed softly on his .

"Ow." he complained rubbing his back side. "Are you alright?" A deep voice asked. Before Tao could react, a large hand reached out to him, offering to help him up. Tao's gaze lifted up and was locked with the most beautiful pair of brown eyes he'd ever seen, coupled with a strong jaw, and an adorable smile. "I-I, uh, thanks." He mumbled, taking the hand and standing to his feet.

"Sorry for running into you." The boy admitted, reaching down to pick up one of Tao's books. The black haired boy's eyes flew open as he leaned down to pick them up instead. "N-No! It was totally my fault, I should have been watching where I was going." He said, giving a sheepish smile.

"Tao, come on! You can flirt with hot guys later!" Lay complained. Tao felt his face go red. "I-I'm not flirting!" He protested, reaching for a book. He and the stranger's hands both touched the book at the same time, each one retracting the appendage like it'd been burned.

Neither of them spoke. They stared at each other in shock, unable to say a word. When Tao's skin had touched his, he felt the biggest spark he'd ever felt in his entire life, and he was damned if he was gonna let it get away from him. "Thanks for picking up my books." Tao said, never taking his eyes off the boy and reaching blindly for his book.

The stranger smiled, showing off his gorgeous smile, and picked up the book, placing it in Tao's hand. "No problem." His hand lingered a little longer than the first time, slowly sliding off. "I'm Yifan, but most people call me Kris." The strangers said, standing to his feet. Tao joined him. "I'm Tao." he said, giving him a small smile.

Lay walked over yanking his arm and pulled him down the hallway. "Great, now that you've met, we need to get to class. His locker is right next to mine Kris, see ya around." Kris threw up a hand waving to the two of them. "Bye." He called as Tao and Lay disappeared around the corner.

"Whoa..." Tao muttered, looking at his hand where Kris had touched him. "Did you see his eyes? They're gorgeous. And his smile is so pretty..." Lay snapped his fingers in front of the younger's face, bringing him back to reality. "He's a junior. You best not go after that." Lay said, shoving Tao into the class room.

Yet the rest of the day, Kris and his beautiful smile was the only thing on his mind.

~*~

As Tao finished his freshman year, he had made many more friends, and had found himself spending a lot of time with Kris than he should have been. He'd met Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Chen, who were all in the same grade as Lay. He'd met Kai who was a freshman like him, and had a younger step brother who would be a freshman the next year. He also became friends with Luhan, Xiumin and Suho, who were friends with  Kris.

And then there was Kris. The hottie that had stolen Tao's heart on his first day of school. He couldn't believe that someone as cool as Kris would want to be with someone like him, but he soon found himself having a deeper connection with Kris than he thought he would.

~*~

Sophomore year rolled around, and Tao was once again entering his high school. This time with his Senior boyfriend, Kris. He got a lot of hell because he'd come out of the closet, but he didn't care. Kris had been the best, and stayed by him. Even when his other friends were getting bashed for dating boys, he stood by them too.

"I have a feeling this year is going to be good." Kris said, wrapping his arms around Tao's neck. He leaned down placing a kiss on Tao's forehead as they walked down the hall. "Would you please kill it with the PDA? Seriously, you annoyed me all summer, please don't do it all year." Lay complained, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yo guys! Look who I brought with me." Kai shouted, pulling a younger boy in. "Quit being a baby, Sehun. They won't bite!" A younger boy who was slightly taller than Kai was pushed forward. "This is my brother, Sehun, Sehun these are some of my friends." He put his hand on Sehun shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

"But don't get any ideas, you're not cool enough to hang with them." Lay's mouth dropped at Kai's words. "Kai! That's so mean! Don't listen to him sweetie, you're welcome to hang out with us." Kai only rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Oh! There's Luhan, later guys." He began to walk away when Kris grabbed his shoulder.

"How much longer do you intend to pester my friend?" He asked, staring the younger down. Kai wiggled out of his hold. "Until he agrees to go out with me." He called, bouncing over to the now blonde. Tao shook his head.

"What are we going to do with him?" He asked. Lay shrugged, taking Sehun's hand. "Hell if I should know. I'm gonna go show Sehunnie around. Bye guys!" He waved goodbye, watching Kris peck Tao's lips before shooing him off to his class. He wished he could have a love like theirs.

---------------------------------------------

[A/N:]

Lame I know. V.V Since it's from Lay's view point, there isn't much I could do on the romance side. I'm so sorry it was short, hopefully it'll get longer in the next chapter, but I make no promises...

Thank you for reading! Subscribe, up vote, comment for the comment ?

 Saranghae!

-Kyla<3