Chapter Eight

The Ghost Of You

"Junior year es!" Tao screamed, running through the school hallways. Kris may have graduated, but he was determined to have a good year. And this year, most of his friends would go away as well. It would only be Kai, Sehun, and himself left after that.

Lay tore after his friends, trying to catch up to him. "Tao, you're insane." he called, doing his best to keep up with him. Tao only laughed, dodging people left and right until he came to the person he'd been looking for. "Kyungie!" He called, hopping onto the older's back. Kyungsoo huffed, trying to carry his weight. Lay finally caught up to him, resting his hands on his knees.

"Wow Tao, you managed to get fatter over the summer. Look at him, Kyungsoo can't even hold you up." Kai commented, laughing at Kyungsoo's struggle. Sehun looked closer. "That or either Kyungsoo's just weak." He said, letting a bought of laughter come over him. Kyungsoo frown, sitting Tao on the ground.

"You'd never believe that you two weren't actually blood related if you didn't look different." He said, flicking Kai's forehead. The younger frowned. "Shut up, you're just mad cause Suho's not here any more." Kai said, turning his back and walking away. Kyungsoo put his hands on his hips. And like you're not upset that Luhan's not here?" He asked as Kai walked away.

The younger turned around and glared at him, flipping him off before he walked away. " you." He called, disappearing around the corner. Kyungsoo raised and eye brow. "What did I do?" He asked as Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Chen walked up. Lay put his hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder. "They broke up at the end of the summer cause Luhan went off to college." He said, patting his back. Kyungsoo's eyes widened.

"Why didn't someone tell me this?! Geez, I go to America for two months, and I miss everything." he said pouting. Sehun walked over to Lay, placing his chin on his shoulder. "That's not all you missed." He commented, giving Lay a kiss on his cheek. Everyone's jaw dropped, except for Tao.

"When did this happen?!" Baekhyun asked, his hand twined with Chanyeol's. It was no secret that the two had been dating since their Sophomore year. Lay blushed, pushing the younger away. "Two weeks ago. It's not a big deal." He muttered, taking Sehun's hand silently. Even though he said it is was painfully obvious that he was happy about it.

"What about you and Xiu?" Lay asked Chen. The other laughed as they walked to their class. "We're good. I spent the summer with he and his family. The really like me." he said, pulling out his phone as it rang. "Speak of the devil." He said, a grin spreading across his face. "I was just talking about you." He said, walking away from the group.

"And last but not least, the TaoRis couple. How are things in your world?" Chanyeol asked, grinning like an idiot. Tao smiled as he looked at his phone wall paper. "We're great. He started training to take over his father's company the other day. But his mom passed away over the summer." he said sadly.

The group all let out small gasps. "Why didn't you tell us?" Lay asked, feeling bad that he hadn't even sent a card. Tao shook his head. "It was very sudden. She had a car accident, and they had to make a tough decision." He said, quieting there upset. Lay looped his arm with Tao as they walked.

"Well, let him know we're sorry." He said, giving Sehun a small peck on the lips as he left to go to his class. The rest of the group dispersed each heading to their classes, leaving Lay and Tao alone. "So I have news..." Tao said, a small smile spreading across his lips. Lay raised a brow. "Let me guess, you and Kris are getting married?" Tao punched his arms.

"No, that would be amazing, but no." he pulled Lay into and empty class room and shut the door. After it was shut, he turned around, a eating grin on his face.

"I lost my ity this summer." he said, practically bouncing. Lay's eyes flew open. "What?! My innocent little Tao did the dirty?! Oh my God!" Lay gave him a hug and sat him down. "Details. I need them, now." Tao giggled before explaining.

"Well, it was a little after his mom had died. We had spent the weekend in China with his dad, that's where the funeral was, and we were just kind of chilling, and then he started this long speech about how much he loves me, and he doesn't want me to ever leave him." Tao's whole face turned bright red.

"And then we started kissing, and eventually we wound up , and he told me that he intends to spend the rest of his life with me. And he didn't want his life to pass by him and loose me the way his dad lost his mom." He ended on a sad note, but Lay could tell he was still happy about the outcome.

"That's great Tao!" The younger nodded, smiling from ear to ear. "So have you and Sehun done the dirty?" he asked, wiggling his eye brows. Lay's face turned red as he looked away from Tao. The younger's jaw dropped. "OH MY GOD, YOU DID?!" Lay shushed him, trying his best to clam down.

"It was an accident! I was drunk! He took advantage of me, but I liked it, so we got together, don't tell anyone!" Tao started laughing his off as Lay tried to keep him quiet. "It's not funny!"

~*~

"And that's what happened up until I left. You'll have to ask Kai or Sehun about your Senior year, I was already in college by the time you'd started." Lay said, playing with strands of Tao's hair as they sat in the living room. Tao had laughed, cried, laughed some more, and now he was sitting comfortably with Lay.

"Wow, was I always that crazy?" Tao asked as he sat up. Lay nodded, pulling his phone out as he felt is vibrate. "Yep, I'm sure you'll get back to being that way soo-.' He stopped talking as he read the caller ID of his phone.

"What's wrong?" Tao asked, leaning over his shoulder to read the screen. "Sehun." Lay breathed out, staring at the phone. "Should I answer it?" Lay asked, looking between the screen and Tao. The phone stopped ringing, only to go off again. Tao nodded. "I think you should." he said, urging his friend to pick up.

Lay let out a deep sigh as he answered. "What do you want, Sehun?" Lay asked, annoyed. Tao motioned for him to put it on speaker.

"Could you open the door?" Sehun asked. Lay could tell that he'd been crying by the way his voice cracked. He looked at Tao with a confused face. "What?" He asked. Sehun sighed. "Tao's door. Could you please let me in? I know you're there, I see your car." Tao nodded, standing up from the couch, and going to the door.

When he opened it, Sehun looked like a train wreck. His cloths were tattered, his hair looked like it hadn't seen a brush in ten years, and his eyes  were blood shot. "Where is he?" Sehun asked, sniffling a little as Tao let him in. "Couch." Tao said, pointing to the living room. When they entered, Lay was already standing, hands on his hips and an annoyed expression gracing his features.

"You better have a damn good explanation about yesterday." He said, his voice betraying his expression. Sehun cleared his throat as he walked closer. "I don't have one." he said, a tear escaping his eye. "I honestly wish I did." he said, standing in front of the older. "I promise you, that I did not sleep with anyone, or do anything that would violate our relationship. I'm so sorry Lay." Lay only huffed, rolling his eyes.

"Is that all you came to tell me?" he asked. Tao had sat down on the couch and was  now watching everything unfold. He hoped that it would all turn out okay.

Sehun shook his head. "No, that is not the only thing." he stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Lay, I love you more than anything. You should know that. I am truly sorry for forgetting our anniversary, but in my defense, I was out of it with alcohol in my system, and I had to wait on your present." Lay raised an eye brow. "What present?" He asked, folding his arms over his chest.

Sehun sighed and pulled out a small box. "I wanted to do this in a more special place, but I guess this is what it takes for you to forgive me." he slowly got down on his knee, causing Tao and Lay to both gasp.

"Zhang Yixing, I would be an idiot if I let you go. I love you so much, and I hope that you'll forgive me."  he opened the box. "Will you marry me?" In it held a diamond ring, and Lay was beyond speechless.

"You...." He began, tears falling out of his eyes. "You ..." he mumbled, causing Sehun's face to drop even more. "You think you can just waltz in here, a-and pull out an i-e-engagement r-ring, a-and everything w-will b-be fine and d-dandy?" he question, sobs wracking the end of his sentence. Sehun  stood up holding his arms out to the older.

"I was hoping for that." he admitted, waiting for Lay to react. The older wiped his face before throwing himself into Sehun's arms. "You're an Oh Sehun." he said, burying his face in Sehun's shirt. The younger sighed, wrapping his arms around Lay.

"I know." He kissed Lay's head, rubbing circles on his back. "Am I forgiven?" he asked hopefully. Lay leaned back and took the ring out of the box, slipping it on his finger. "Yes you're forgiven." he said, wiping away his tears. Sehun smiled, resting his forehead against the older's. "i love you, Yixing." he placed a gentle kiss on Lay's lips, pulling their bodies closer together.

Tao softly cried from where he sat on the couch. The loved that Lay and Sehun had for each other was beautiful, and he hoped that he and Kris had that same kind of love. He could hardly wait to hear about how Kris proposed to him as he stared down at his ring.

"Whoaaaaa, what did we just walk in on?" A voice asked from the door way. Tao turned and saw Luhan and Kai standing in the doorway. "How did you two get in?" Tao asked, sniffling a little. Lay and Sehun didn't even notice. They just kept on with their make out session. Luhan held up a key. "You gave me a key." he said, stuffing it in his pocket. "Good Lord, they're goin' at it, aren't they?" He asked, looking at Sehun and Lay.

Tao nodded, smiling a little. "They just got engaged!" he said, bouncing in his seat. Kai chuckled as he looked at his brother. "That's great." Luhan only shook his head. "Leave it to Lay and Sehun for them to give him a live demonstration about ." he put his face in his hand, adverting his eyes.

Lay broke away from Sehun, glaring at the older. "We made a tape one time, can we please lt it go?!" He screamed, his face turning red. Kai laughed as he sat down next to a gaping Tao, pulling Luhan into his lap. "Tell that to Hub." He said, smirking as Lay turned even more red. Tao's mouth was still wide open as he listened.

"LAY GE, YOU DID ?!" He yelled in Chinese. Lay hide his face in his hands. "Congratulations you idiots, you've just emotionally scared him for life." Luhan closed Tao's mouth. "It's not like he didn't know about it before he lost his memory." Luhan said, patting Tao's head. The younger stood from the couch, walking into the kitchen.

"I think I need some water..." he mumbled as he disappeared around the corner. He didn't know that his friends were so erted, and he would be sure to ask Kris later if Lay had really done a o.

---------------------------

[A/N:]

Now that's much better. Hope you enjoyed this. :)

Thank you for reading! Subscribe, up vote, comment for the comment ?

Saranghae!

-Kyla<3