Chapter Eleven

The Ghost Of You

"This goes here.... no.... here...UGH! Kris!" Tao called frustratedly from the living room.

The older came jogging down the stairs, stopping at the landing as he spoke. "What's wrong babe?" He asked, staring where Tao sat.

The younger sighed sadly, lifting up his foot. His shoe was on, but the laces were not tied. "I can't remember..." He said sadly, putting his foot back down.

Kris smiled sadly, walking over to him. "It's okay, as I recall you were never good at it even when you knew how. You're laces would always come apart on their own." He bent down in front of him, placing his foot on his knee. "I'll just do it for you." He said sweetly.

Tao nodded silently, watching closely as Kris tied the laces. Kris seemed to be good at everything: cooking, cleaning, dressing, tying shoes. And then there was him.

He couldn't do anything.

It didn't seem fair to Kris to have him do everything, but he was always happy to do it. He loved taking care of him, and Tao thought that it was really sweet of him to do so. Besides, there were plenty of times he could have just given up on Tao, yet he didn't.

It had been almost two months since he'd come home and he never once got angry at Tao for anything wrong he did, instead, smiling softly and saying, "It's alright, I'll help you."

Kris was just the opitomy of kindness.

"Do you think he'll like me?" Tao asked, peering down at Kris befroe he stood up. Kris raised an eye brow at him.

"Tao, it's my dad, of course he'll like you, he loves you already." He said, patting the younger's knee. "There's no need to worry about seeing him again. Everything will be fine."

Tao nodded, standing and looking at himself in the mirror hanging on the wall above the fire place. Kris had picked out his clothes, but for once Tao dressed himself, and didn't ask for help once. It took him five tries and about fifteen minutes to get it right, but ultimately he came out of the bedroom fully dressed and feeling confident about not calling for Kris at all.

Though, the shoe tying was a bit of a set back.

~*~

"Dad! We're here!" Kris called, walking into his childhood home. Tao gazed in amazement at the large home, taking in all the beautiful tiles and stainglass windows. He didn't remember such things, and it was new to see so many gorgeous things at once.

"Yifan!" Mr. Wu called, giving his son a hug then turning to Tao. "Zitao," He said, bringing the young boy into a hug. "It's so good to see you. I was worried sick about you, but I trust that Kris has you back up and running." He commented, placing his arm around his shoulder.

Tao chuckled awkwardly, leaning towards Kris. "Y-Yes, he's helped me quite a bit." He responded his voice a little shakey.

Kris quickly picked up on this, wrapping his arm around Tao's waist. "Dad, easy, you're scaring him. Remember, he doesn't know you." He warned, giving his dad a look that read, 'Seriously? Tone it down.'

The older gentleman smiled taking a step away. "Sorry about that Tao, I know walking into a new place and meeting a strange man whom people say you have met, yet you don't recall it can be ascary thing." He said.

Tao melted imediatly seeing his smile. It looked just like Kris'.

"It's okay, really." He said, looking to Kris. "You look a lot like your dad." He told the older.

Kris nodded, reaching for his hand and leading him to the living room. "Well then, shall we have tea?" He asked.

Mr. Wu modded, following after his son and his fiance. "Of course, everything is already set, please help yourself."

The sofa was big, and fluffy, and Tao nearly died when he sat down on it, feeling himself sink into the fabric. It was all he could do not to squeal in panic.

"U-Uh, Kris," He said, his voice tremoring slightly. "I think the furniture is trying to eat me."

Kris couldn't help the chuckle the bubbled up from his throat as he reached down to help Tao. "Sorry, I forgot to warn you about that particular sofa, it's a bit old and worn out." He turned to Mr. Wu. "When are you going to get rid of that old thing?" He asked.

Mr. Wu's face seemed to fall as he gazed sadly at the sofa. "I've been meaning to have it moved out, it must have," he paused a moment, before clearing his throat. "Slipped my mind." He replied.

Kris nodded, leading Tao over to another sofa. "Well, perhaps it's time you finally get it done."

~*~

"How come your dad got so upset when you mentioned the sofa?" Tao asked, slipping off his shoes. It had been bothering him ever since it happened, but he didn't want to ask in from of Mr. Wu. He thought it might be a touchy subject.

Kris sighed, removing his shirt and sitting on the edge of the bed next to Tao. He was quiet a long moment before he spoke.

"It was a sofa my mother made," He began. "She was a desginer. That was one of her best pieces." His voice was laced with hurt and pain, and Tao could hear every bit of it. "Oh," He said, reaching for Kris' hand. "I see."

The older nodded, throwing his shirt to the floor. "Yeah, we don't normally talk about it." He said.

"What was she like?" He asked, turning to face Kris. "Tell me about her."

If Tao had had a camera, he would have snapped a picture of the eating grin that broke out on Kris' face. The only other time he'd seen that smile was when he was looking at him.

"Where do I begin?" He said, turning as well to face Tao. "She was so full of life. Like even though she was busy, she always found time to spend with me and dad." His voice was so happy when he talked about her.

"There was never a dull moment with her. She always made you laugh, always wanted to make you smile." His smile began to falter a little. "She was so kind, and gentle, and loving, and," He paused. It seemed he couldn't find anymore words to say, or rather he didn't know how to say them without breaking into tears.

Tao squeezed his hand a little, letting him know he was there. "You miss her." It was a statement, not a question. The older nodded, staring down at his and Tao's hands, playing with the fingers.

"Very much." His voice came out in a whisper, barely loud enough for Tao to hear. Had he not been paying attention, he wouldn't have heard it at all.

"What happened to her?" He asked. He knew it might have not been the right time to ask, but he was dying to know and Kris seemed willing to talk.

Kris looked up at him, his gaze staring directly into Tao's soul. "She died in a carr accident." He muttered, his eyes shinning bright with unshed tears.

Tao's eyes widened a bit, tensing from that bit of information. It seemed like the lights finally went on, and everything made sense. He was beginning to understand why Kris was so protective of him, why he was always so willing to do anything and everything for him.

It all made sense.

"So that's why you were so upset..." He whispered, leaning to rest his forehead against Kris'. The older nodded, pressing firmer against Tao.

"Kris, I'm here," He said, letting go of his hands to gently cup Kris' face. "I'm still here, I haven't gone anywhere."

Kris nodded, his hands cupping Tao's face as well, drawing him as close as possible. "I know," He said, his fingers tracing over the soft cheeks. "I know, but," He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath as his tears fell. The overwheling pain in his chest began to take over, making him feel as if he would never be able to live.

"I thought I'd lost you too..." He said, drawing Tao in for a deep kiss.

The younger didn't fight it, sucumbing under the lust that burned in the pit of his stomach and the undeniable that was between he and Kris.

His back was pressed into the bed, clothes beginning to fly off them left and right.

Words were whispered, hands touched and held, desires and relentless kisses were fufilled over and over again.

They were down to the last piece of clothing when suddenly everything stopped.

Kris sat up in the bed, running his hands through his hair. "What am I doing?" He asked, more to himself. Tao sat up, breathing heavy, placing a hand on the other's shoulder. "Kris, it's okay, we can do this now." He said.

Kris shook his head, turning to look at Tao. "No," He said. "No we can't do this, not like this." He moved away from Tao, standing from the bed. He paced back and forth, not saying anything for a long while.

"I don't want to have with you just because I'm ually frustrated," He said, looking at Tao. "I want to make love to you."

Tao tilted his head, not quite understanding what he meant. "You what?" He asked confused. Kris sighed, walking back over and sitting down next to him. "This, that we have between us," He said, taking Tao's hands in his own. "It's special. I don't want to throw it away by just having ." He shook his head, scooting closer to Tao.

"I want this, believe me, I do. But," His hand came up to carress the side of Tao's cheek. "I don't want to hurt you in any way. I want to show you my love for you."

Tao nodded, a small smile coming across his lips. "Okay." he said, opening his arms to Kris. "Hold me?" He asked, making grabby hands at the older.

Kris smiled as well, crawling over to him and laying down, being sure to pull him into his strong embrace. "I love you, Tao." He whispered, kissing the youngers head. Tao smiled, snuggling his face further into Kris' neck.

"I love you too, Kris."

-------------------------------

[A/N:]

Holy ....I have been gone way to long from this story.....

*Waves shyly* Hey guys. Sooooo a lot has happened since I last updated.

If you don't keep up with my blogs, here's a short synopsis of why I've been gone:

went crazy, I was depressed for quite sometime (Still am), went on hiatus because I lost all motivation for writing, and to top it all off my grandfather died earlier last April.

So, I needed a break.

Anywho! I'm back. Though, I don't know how long for, please be patient with me.

Thank you for reading! Subscribe, up vote (Pretty please?), comment for the comment ?

Saranghae!

-Kyla<3