Chapter Ten

The Ghost Of You

The next time Kris left Tao at home by himself, he chose a couple that wasn't having relationship issues and that weren't two bastards. "Tao, Baek and Chanyoel will be here in a little while." Kris yelled as he grabbed his coast. He walked back into the living room where Tao sat eating cereal.

"Leave the door unlocked, cause Chanyeol told me they were just up the road. They're bringing the twins with them." Tao smiled from ear to ear as Kris leaned down to give him a kiss. "Okay, I can't wait to see them again. They seem to really like me." Kris nodded, running his fingers through Tao's hair.

"Well they should, you and I always babysat them when Chanyeol and Baekhyun wanted alone time." He commented, handing Tao his cell phone. "You remember how I taught you to use it right?" Tao nodded as he stood from the couch. "Yes, now go, I know you're stalling." He pecked Kris' lips one more time. Kris turned around one more time and kissed his lips. "Xiumin and Chen might stop by later." He said, still trying to stay in the house.

"I'll be fine, would you stop worrying?" He put both hands on Kris' back and pushed him towards the door. "You said it yourself, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are the safe option, and I believe you. Now focus your mind on work." With that Tao once again shut the door in his boyfriend's face, wishing that the older wouddn't worry about him so much.

All though, considering that Tao had almost died in a car accident, he couldn't really blame him. The older was just concerned about him, but sometimes he wished that Kris would try letting him be on his own a little more. A knock on the door drew him out of his thoughts. Upon opening said door, the little twin boys ran to Tao, each grabbing a leg and holding on.

"Chanhyun, Baekho, let go of your uncles' legs." Baekhyun scolded, leaning down to pick up on of his toddlers. Tao laughed as he reached down picking up Baekho who didn't seem to want to let go when Chanyoel reached for him. "Hi buddy!" Tao cooed, playing with the little boy as he walked into the living room.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol took a seat next to Tao, getting comfortable next to their friend. "So how's life being home?" Chanyeol asked, taking Chanhyun from his husband when he began to get fussy. Tao laughed as Baekho cuddled up into his arms, resting his head in the crook of his neck. "It's good." he said, reaching down to poke the little child's nose. "Different, but good." He said, smiling when Baekho let out the tiniest of giggles.

It made him wonder when he and Kris would have kids of their own. Baekhyun smiled at the sight, watching Tao play with his son. "Have you and Kris talked about kids?" He asked. Tao shook his head. "No, but I do want them some day." He said, rocking Baekho back and forth. The boy was beginning to falls asleep in his arms.

"We haven't even....you know...yet..." He said, feeling a little blush on his cheeks. Baekhyun chuckled softly. "That's a little surprising considering that you two," He stopped himself and covered his son's ears. "ed like rabbits." He said softly. Tao's face heated up even more thinking about the posibility of he and Kris even having so much .

"Don't expect us to give you a back story on it, you'll have to ask Kris about it later." Chanyeol chimed in, also rocking his other son. Tao handed a sleeping Baekho over to Baekhyun beofore standing up from the couch, feeling a little uncomfortable considering the topic. Maybe having Chanyeol and Baekhyun over wasn't such a good idea after all.

~*~

"Tao, I'm home." Kris announced as he walked through the door. Chanyeol and Baekhyun had called an hour before saying they needed to leave early. One of the twins had gotten sick, and they needed to head home. So Kris had taken an early leave and headed home to check on his lover. "Tao?" He called, walking into the living room when he didn't get a response.

The sight he found warmed his heart upon seeing it. Tao was curled up in a ball on the sofa, wrapped in a warm blanket. It seemed the younger had been asleep for a while, so Kris shrugged off his coat and slowly walked over to him. He gently removed the blanked off of him, laying it over to the side, and tucked his arms under Tao's legs and back.

The younger imiediatly wrapped his arms around, curling himself into the older's chest. Kris smiled softly down at him as he carried him up the stairs to their room. Tao stirred only slightly, and looked up at him, smiling as he saw the older's face. "Hi." He mumbled, his voice still thick with sleep. Kris kissed his forehead as he laid him on the bed.

"Hey." He responded, pulling the covers over him. Before he could walk away, Tao grabbed his arm. The elder stared at the grip curiously, sitting down next to him. "Tao?" He questioned, looking down at the younger. Tao said nothing. He sat up, pulling Kris' face closer to his before smashing their lips together. Kris let himseld be pulled into the fimilliar warmth. The small heartbeat skip in his chest, the flutter of butterflys in his stomach, the fire, the same thing that fueled their love making before the accident, started to burn low in Kris' stomach.

His head was beginning to get fuzzy, judgment being thrown out the window, caution being thrown to the wind, as hands began grabbing at cloths. Arms tightened around the couple, breathing long forgotten. All Kris could focus on was how right it felt. How amazing it was to have this moment again. He knew they were entering dangerous territory.

He wanted so badly to take Tao, but he couldn't do it. Kris did his best to pull the younger off of him, and took three steps away from the bed. I took a moment to compose himself before he spoke, due to the lack of oxygen being supplied to brain. Not to mention, he was a bit light headed. "Tao," He began, running his hand through his hair. "We- we can't, I can't, not yet." He stammered out.

"I love you, you know I do, but you're still not completely you yet." He said, doing his best not to hurt his young lover. Tao looked down at his hands, fiddling with them like a scolded child would. "I'm sorry." He mumbled, his gaze trained on picking at his nails.

Kris shook his head, walking back over to the bed. "No, Tao, it's not your fault." He said, sitting down next to him again. "I- I should have had more restrain." He reached over, stopping Tao's fidgetting. The younger stiffened under his touch, keeping his eyes down. It seemed that he couldn't meet the older's gaze.

Kris reached his hand out, tucking his fingers under Tao's chin, and lifted his face to look at him. "Tao, I promise, we will be intament. Just not yet, alright?" The last thing Kris wanted to do was hurt Tao. He meant everything to him. The younger nodded, offering him a small smile.

"Alright, Kris." He leaned into the touch, letting Kris carress the side of his face. The older smiled affectionately, knowing that Tao would be alright. "Let's go get some food, yeah?" He said standing. He held his hand out to the younger, pulling him when Tao threw off the covers. "I'm not hungry, I think I'm going to go shower." Tao said, reaching up on his toes to give th older a kiss.

"You go eat, I know you've had a rough day." Kris watched as Tao walked away from him. Perhaps, he had been wrong about Tao's understanding of the situation, and made a note to ask him about it later.

----------------------

[A/N:]

Short, I know...I'm so sorry I havent' updated in forever... *Sobs quietly*

Thank you for sticking with this story. <3 Subscribe, up vote, comment for the comment ?

Saranghae!

-Kyla<3