Chapter Seven

The Moment We Miss Each Other

Chapter Seven


Doojoon had just finished his shower, walking out of the bathroom with just a white towel around his waist, another towel on his head, drying his hair with it.

Yoseob who was standing at the corner of the room, chuckled as he saw that. Doojoon’s body did not change much. That guy still did not work out for getting any abs or muscles. Yoseob found it amusing since Doojoon like sport especially soccer. He started to wonder if Doojoon was still in the FC Men soccer club.

“Hyung does not change,” Yoseob voiced out, smiling as his eyes followed Doojoon who was walking into another room.

Yoseob quickly followed him. His eyes quickly widened when Doojoon opened the door, revealing the content of the room. It was a large closet room, as large as his shared room with Dongwoon in their old house.

Doojoon looked around the hanged apparels, choosing any apparel that he could wear for tomorrow event, drama script reading event.

Yoseob slowly walked into the room, as if he was absorbed by it. It was too fascinating for him. He never thought that they would own something like this. Doojoon must have work so hard to earn this splendid closet room. Most of the apparels were blue in colour which was not a surprise for Yoseob since he knew that Doojoon favourite colour was blue after all.

Then he saw the soccer jersey, a new design which he had never seen before which was still blue in colour. Yoseob smiled, it meant Doojoon still played soccer even after he was dead.

In sudden, chorus from their song, Shadow was heard.

Shadow, shadow, shadow~

Doojoon was startled, froze, listening to the song that he had stopped listening. That song was set for Beast group in Kakao Talk. It had not been ringing since years ago, after they moved out of their old house.

Yoseob was smiling, knowing the song was set for Beast Kakao Talk group, happy and excited. He was curious, what kind of topic will be discussed in the group or would it be filled with jokes and random stories just like what it used to be.

Doojoon gulped, walking towards his bedroom, to the location where he charged his phone, at the bedside table. He sat on his bed, right beside the table, looking at the phone, as his hand stretched towards the phone.

Yoseob was already standing right in front of him, waiting excitedly, not noticing the awkward expression from Doojoon.

The phone was now in Doojoon hand. He unlocked it, clicking on the ‘new message’, revealing the past conversation between Beast’s members. However, Doojoon eyes were focusing only on the new message.

From Dongni,

Hyung,

Let’s celebrate Junhyungie hyung birthday tonight at our old house. He finally agrees to celebrate it and he has something to tell us. I will prepare everything. So, please come. Plus, it is Yoseobie hyung last wish.

 Doojoon heart started to beat faster when he read Yoseob’s name.

Yoseobie hyung last wish.

Doojoon repeated reading that line as he squeezed his phone. He knew well that Dongwoon was saying the truth. But, it was painful, to know how Yoseob would always think about the rapper even during his last moment.  

“Are you okay, hyung?” Yoseob asked, worriedly. He finally noticed the sullen expression from Doojoon as he realized how that leader squeezed his phone.

Doojoon sighed. Why did he still thinking about this? It was useless. Yoseob was long gone and none of them could reach Yoseob for now. His eyes rolled to the last words.

Yoseobie hyung last wish.

Yoseob’s last wish. Doojoon weakly smiled. If that would make that little guy happy, he did not really mind all the pain he had to take, knowing that the boy would never look at him as how he looked at Junhyung. Sure, he would do it, for Yoseob.

“Hyung,” Yoseob softly and sullenly spoke as he saw the dull smile from Doojoon face. His eyes were moist, at the edge of crying.

The phone rang, another message come.

From Hyunseung,

Will you go?

Doojoon smiled, feeling grateful that Hyunseung was always there for him like he always did. That guy was always in his own world, giving a vibe that sometimes scared others, but he was actually a warm nice guy.

To Hyunseung,

I will,

Doojoon left his phone to be charged again, walking back to the closet room. Now, he had to dress up, for Junhyung birthday party. No, not for Junhyung. For Yoseob’s last wish.

Doojoon choose a white shirt since Yoseob love white, covering it with a blue cardigan. He looked at the mirror hanged in the closet room and silently smiled, thinking how perfect when white was paired with blue. It was the pathetic metaphor that he could think of him and Yoseob. Doojoon smirked at his own thought. Yes, he was pathetic.

 

 

Kikwang was sitting at the back row, in the dark black van as the van was moving to his apartment with his manager who was sitting at the passenger front seat. He had just finished his last schedule for that day which he went right after he visited Yoseob’s grave. He leaned his head at the van’s window, looking at the night view of the city lifelessly and that was when the Shadow’s chorus was heard.

Kikwang was startled, quickly lifted up his head, rummaging his hand through his coat’s pocket, searching for his phone. His eyes slowly turned to his manager who was also looking at him with those shocked yet worried expression. Kikwang was finally able to grab his phone, taking it out of his pocket, unlocking it quickly.

The song quickly stops.

Kikwang hesitated, looking at his manager who nodded, signing him that it was okay. He carefully pressed the ‘new message’ button.

Hyung,

Let’s celebrate Junhyungie hyung birthday tonight at our old house. He finally agrees to celebrate it and he has something to tell us. I will prepare everything. So, please come. Plus, it is Yoseobie hyung last wish.

Kikwang weakly smiled as he read the message. He turned to his manager with the same smile.

“They’re going to have a birthday party for Junhyung Hyung,” Kikwang explained to his manager.

“Would you join them?” his manager asked, worried and curious. Kikwang was tired for the day although he did not have schedule for the next morning.

Kikwang nodded and whispered. “I...” As if he was reminding himself. “Owe that person,”

Kikwang read back the message.

Yoseobie hyung last wish.

Yoseob’s last wish. Yes, he owed him because they never had the chance to celebrate the birthday party that they planned. It was originally his fault because the mastermind of the plan was him. He was the one who planned to make Junhyung angry. He was the one who planned to make Doojoon and Junhyung fought. He was the one who planned to make Yoseob bought the cakes and sodas alone. In another words, he was the one who killed that guy. He killed Yoseob and no one knew about it, about the plan he had created, the plan that made Yoseob died.

Kikwang looked out, blankly watch the moving scenery of the city. His mind rewound back to his thought, knowing that he was the reason of Yoseob death. Kikwang bit his lower lips, feeling guilty. Yoseob deserved to live. That visual maknae had far more reasons to stay alive than him. That little guy was loved by everyone who knew him especially those who had worked with him, knowing how diligent that adorable guy with any task or work given to him. Most of all, every Beast members cherished that guy, treating him like their own little brother or sometimes as their girlfriend because of his innocent and childish attitude especially Junhyung.

Junhyung, the person who he silently admired, liked and loved. No one noticed, no one knew how much he loved that rapper, how much he hurt when that guy only looked at Yoseob, and how guilty he felt to have that feeling towards someone who belonged to his own best friend.

 Kikwang weakly smiled. He was the one who should be dead that night. If only he was not selfish. If only he thought more on Yoseob’s safety than his own feeling. If only he did not change the plan he made. He was the one who should bought the things needed for the party because Yoseob was supposed to calm Doojoon and Junhyung down if the fight was worse that it should but he changed the plan because he decided that he wanted to be the first person to wish Junhyung, and took the chance to confess his feeling Junhyung. He told Yoseob that he was too tired because of his packed schedule and that little guy was more than happy to help him.

 Kikwang smirked, thinking how nasty he could be even to his own best friend. He lied to his own best friend and Yoseob never knew about it. But he was a coward, he could not bring himself to confess to Junhyung especially since his mood was still bad that night as Yoseob did not success in calming that rapper down. He not only lost the chance to confess his feeling but most of all, he lost his best friend, the person who was always by his side, guiding him, advising him, cheering him up, crying with him, a friend that was almost impossible to be found anywhere else.

“Are you okay? Is something wrong?” the manager asked, showing his worried expression.

Kikwang now realized that he was crying badly. His sight was blur because of the tears, and his phone was wet from the clear liquid that fell from his eyes. Kikwang weakly smiled, wiped his tears with the back of his palm and shook his head.

“I’m okay,” he replied although it was obvious that he was not.

 

 

Junhyung and Dongwoon was walking out from the elevator with a box of cake, several plastics of beef, light snacks, soju bottles, beer cans and sodas, towards their old condominium, or should it be called, Dongwoon’s house as Dongwoon was the only person stayed in the house. They did have an argument on how much they bought for the party but Dongwoon insisted to buy those things especially the beef meat with an excuse that Beast were rarely together and it had been a long time since he cooked anything for the Beast members. Junhyung could not argue with that reason as he felt guilty towards Dongwoon, leaving the maknae alone all these years, just because he wanted to run away from the pain of remembering Yoseob as everything in that house reminded him of Yoseob.

Junhyung pressed the passcode of their house, carefully opened the door, giving space for Dongwoon to enter as Dongwoon carried most of the things.  Junhyung was closing the door when Dongwoon had entered the house and that was when he heard Dongwoon voice.

“Hyung!” Dongwoon excitedly called.

Junhyung instantly turned around, now noticing that Doojoon, Hyunseung and Kikwang were there, in the living room, waiting. Then, he saw a person that he should be searching for, standing at the corner of the living room, tried to look away from him.

It was Yoseob. Junhyung knew that the elfin guy noticed his presence but he was looking away, his eyes were set at the curtain hanged, obvious that he was avoiding the eye contact with Junhyung.

Then, Junhyung eyes turned to Kikwang who was doing almost the same thing. Junhyung silently smirked, amused how those two always had the same reaction. Their situation this evening was quite similar after all.

“Annyeong,” Junhyung greeted coldly as he brought all the cake to the kitchen counter, carefully placing it.

Doojoon replied with a smirk. Hyunseung gave a small smile. Kikwang and Yoseob were still looking away, but they silently smiled.

It was their first gather after few years and the atmosphere was awkward however it did not feel bad.

Dongwoon quickly noticed that he also needed to get ready for the party. Before he got started, he stood closer to Junhyung and whispered. “Hyung, you can search for Yoseob hyung now,”

Junhyung shook his head. “No need, he is here,”

Dongwoon turned to Junhyung with widened eyes, shocked. However, he gradually smiled, slowly understood that it was actually a good news.

Then, he quickly prepared for the party. He placed the plastic bags on the kitchen counter, rummaging through them, taking out the items needed for the grilled beef.

“I’m sorry, hyung. I’m still not prepared for the party,” Dongwoon panicky spoke as he quickly brought the portable stove to their dining table, placing the grilled pan on it. “I’ll finish this quickly,” Dongwoon said as he arranged the side dishes to be eaten with the beef.

Hyunseung stood up and smiled. “I’ll help,” as he walked towards Dongwoon, helping him with the items.

“Thanks, hyung,” Dongwoon replied with his usual smile.

“You’re welcome,” Hyunseung replied with a smile but then he turned to Doojoon who was still sitting at the sofa in the living room. “Yah! Yoon Doojoon, come here and help us,” Hyunseung voiced out, frowned, slightly angry with the incorporated leader.

“No, I came here only for the party,” Doojoon coldly replied as he the television, looking at it with his inert look.

Hyunseung sighed and Dongwoon laughed, repeatedly said that it was okay.

At the kitchen counter, Junhyung opened the cake box, reveal a white cake, decorated with red and green icing.

“A Christmas cake?” Kikwang who was suddenly standing beside Junhyung spoke.

Junhyung was startled but he managed to ignore that smaller guy. He brought the cake to the dinner table.

“You forgot the candles,” Kikwang said cheerfully, quickly brought the candles to Junhyung. “I’ll do this,” he said as he arranged the candles on the cakes.

Junhyung looked at Kikwang as that younger guy was busy with arranging the candles. Kikwang was smiling, Junhyung noticed. He did not sure if it was sincere or not but at least Kikwang was not acting awkward after the incident this evening.

“I’m sorry,” Kikwang voice suddenly turned sullen as he kept looking at the cake, avoiding looking Junhyung. “For what happen this evening,” the voice became softer but it was still audible for Junhyung.

“Forget about it,” Junhyung replied, patting Kikwang head.

Then, he turned to the small frame guy who was still at the corner of the living room who was also looking at him with his sad innocent eyes, as if he was also asking for forgiveness.

“Sorry,” Junhyung managed to say as he did not turn his gaze from that little boy who was still looking at him with the same sullen look.

Kikwang smiled as he heard that, not knowing that the word was not meant for him.

“Junnie hyung,” Yoseob softly called, pausing before he continued. “I’m sorry for being here. I don’t know where to go,” Yoseob begged, looking at Junhyung with his puppy eyes. “I promise I will act as if I am not here,” he continued. “I will sit here silently,”

Junhyung turned away, facing his back to Yoseob and walked to the kitchen. It’s okay, Yoseob. You can act freely soon. Junhyung thought.

 

Beast members gathered at the dining table, sitting at each of the chairs except for Yoseob’s chair, ready to start the party. However, before Dongwoon could announce that they could start the party, Junhyung quickly stood up.

“Before we start, I have something to tell you,” Junhyung coldly announced, looking down.

“Ah! Yeah, I forget about it,” Dongwoon finally realized the second goal they gathered every Beast member that night.

Doojoon eyes focused on Junhyung, wondering what it was, the important matter that Junhyung wanted to tell them. Although, he came for granting Yoseob’s wish, he could not afford but to be curious.

Hyunseung and Kikwang were anticipating as well, concentrating on Junhyung, waiting for his words.

Unknown to everyone, Yoseob who was at the living room was also surprised and curious on what Junhyung would want to say.

“Yo...” Junhyung hesitated. Would everyone able to accept the fact that Yoseob was with them? Would they think of him as crazy and dump him in the mental hospital?

He looked up and saw Yoseob who was looking at him with his curious eyes. Junhyung smiled. If that ever happened, at least one person would stay by his side. Junhyung eyes softened as his lips formed a more sincere smile, watching Yoseob with a gentle expression, an expression he rarely gave to anyone.

“Yoseob is here with us,” Junhyung finally spoke out.

Doojoon, Hyunseung and Kikwang eyes instantly widened as they were surprised and confused of the statement. A name that was avoided by Junhyung for years was out from his own lips.

Junhyung who noticed the situation continued. “Yoseob come to me, asking to help him grant his wish,”

Hyunseung who was finally able to grab a little bit of the situation spoke out. “But, Yoseob is dead,”

Junhyung nodded, not denying the fact. “Yes, his body is dead but his soul is here,”

Dongwoon who noticed how messed up the situation was, tried to help. “Hyung means Yoseob’s hyung ghost is here. He comes back because his wish is not granted,” he said nervously, not knowing how would his hyungs accepted the fact.

Every eye now turned to Dongwoon.

“Ghost?” Kikwang voiced out, turning his sight back to Junhyung. He became more confused as Junhyung had never believed in such thing as ghost. “Can... can you see him, hyung?”

Junhyung turned to Kikwang and nodded. “For now, it’s only me who can see Yoseob,”

Doojoon eyes widened, shocked with the fact that Junhyung could see Yoseob. “Liars,” he defended.

Junhyung smirked to Doojoon word. “I don’t mind if you do not believe in me but I need to warn you that you will see me act strangely and talk alone after this because...” Junhyung paused, turning his sight to Yoseob and smiled. “I don’t want him to feel lonely,”

Yoseob smiled, happy to hear those words out from Junhyung lips, knowing how the older guy still cared about him.

“Sure,” Doojoon coldly replied. “Not like I care about you,”

Hyunseung expression changed as he heard that. He somehow understood how Doojoon felt knowing this. It might be just an illusion created by Junhyung but the fact that Junhyung could see Yoseob actually made the leader jealous. Hyunseung turned his sight to Doojoon who looked angry.

“I know it hard to believe but....” Dongwoon lost his words. He scratched his head and continued. “Let’s us forget about that first and start the party,” he gave out his nervous smile.

Doojoon chuckled. It was true. He came here for the party, not to argue with Junhyung or listen to his imagination story. “Let’s start,” he announced coolly, showing his charismatic side.


 

Author's note:

I do not update for almost a month. I’m sorry.

I do not re-read this chapter so there would be a lot of spelling error and grammar mistake. I will check them later.

Thanks for still reading this story. ^^ Thanks for the subscribers and comments. I’ll try my best to reply all.

Love you.