Chapter Fifteen

The Moment We Miss Each Other

Junhyung ruffled the smaller smooth hair who was sitting on the floor while his head and arms were on the bed. Junhyung smiled mischievously. “If you are really sorry, you should smooch me more,” he tried to joke. I am the one who should have said that. I am the one who should be sorry.

Yoseob adorably chuckled. Junhyung’s jokes never failed to amuse him. It was not exactly funny. It was just different and that was one of many reasons why he loved this cold yet gentle guy.

Junhyung silently smiled, satisfied seeing that laughter of Yoseob. It beamed beautifully and can’t even be compared with the sunrise in the spring. Junhyung inertly chuckled, thinking how bizarre that metaphor was. Plus, spring was never his favourite season. It was winter but now he had none as winter was when the dreadful incident happened. He used to like it because all the good things happened in winter; his birthday, Christmas... His thought suddenly changed. Christmas. Today is Christmas. He looked at Yoseob anxiously who was now looking at him curiously.

“Hyung, why is everyone here?” Yoseob asked, like an innocent 3-year old boy who was curious why there was a cake on his own birthday.

We’re busted. Junhyung thought. Yoseob was not stupid, instead he was one of the smartest guy he ever met. He was always coming out with brilliant ideas and his intuition was as strong as the tornado that could destroy a whole city. Junhyung sighed. What with these all stupid metaphor he made up? No, he had no time to worry about that. Did Yoseob figure it out?

Junhyung stared into Yoseob’s clear eyes, searching for any suspicious look that spelled out ‘I figure it out.’

Yoseob knew that all of Beast members were here for Christmas. It was Christmas morning after all. The reason he asked was because he thought they all would celebrate with their family or other friends.

Junhyung sighed as he could not read Yoseob expression properly. He knew this little cutie was curious but he was not sure either Yoseob had figured every out or not. He tried hard not to smiled, as he thought how cute Yoseob was when he made the confused expression. At the same time, he pitied him for not knowing anything. Junhyung breathed in, tried to breathe as usual before he started his act. He was Yong actor after all.

“Really?,” He said with his shock expression, quickly sat up from his lying position, trying to show that he have no idea of what was happening.

Yoseob pouted, unsatisfied with the answer. He noticed something was not right. Junhyung expressions changed from anxious to innocent and he noticed that Junhyung was trying not to smile as if everything has been planned out. He looked at Junhyung with the corner of his eyes. “It’s your idea, right?”

Junhyung was flustered. His eyes widen as he inertly gasped. Opps. He thought. He knew.

“Sorry, it supposes to be a surprise,” Junhyung confessed, feeling bad that the plan failed. He wished he woke up earlier. He should wake up properly when he switched off his phone alarm this morning instead of continuing his sleep. He thought he just needed 5 minutes more. Well, it turned out he dozed off more than that. He sighed, looking down, not wanting to see Yoseob’s expression.

Yoseob smiled as he heard that. He chuckled when he saw Junhyung slouched his back as he looked down, while his expression converted from shock to sour, as if he was sulking. Yoseob stood up and sat on the bed, beside Junhyung.

“Thank you,” Yoseob expressed. “I’m really grateful,” he softly said as he placed his hand on Junhyung thigh, tapping it gently, trying to make him notice that he was there and he was thankful for what he had done.

Junhyung saw Yoseob white sturdy hand on his thigh and inertly smiled. Yoseob used to do that when he was anxious, trying to calm him down with his kind gentle touch. He loved it that sometimes he purposely acted as if he was worried. Sometimes, Yoseob did not even aware that there were cameras and public eyes when he did this. Junhyung would usually act like it did not affect him but it actually made his heart pumped faster.

The heat started from the part where Yoseob hand was, spread throughout Junhyung body, signalling how fast the blood flowed as an effect of the excited pumping heart. He felt warm and he felt he needed to reply the warmness that Yoseob had passed to him.

He turned to see Yoseob and their eyes met. Those bright yet gentle eyes, was staring at his. He kept staring at those beautiful eyes, switching from right to left and left to right. Right now, everything around him seemed to disappear. He could not see anything else but Yoseob. As if, the bright round gorgeous eyes were pulling him, he leaned forward gradually, slowly as if the whole world was waiting, stopping just to focus on their moment.

Yoseob closed his eyes when their nose touched and solely felt the other soft lips landed on him. It started gentle and innocent but slowly became deeper and stronger. Yoseob linked both of his hand at the back of Junhyung neck and he noticed Junhyung strong hands below his jaw, pulling him closer. The kiss was so captivating that he was not sure either he lost his strength or Junhyung was pushing him down but now he was lying on the bed while Junhyung was above him.

They could not stop the deep connection of their touches. Even if the kiss parted, both lips would instantly stick together again, like strongest magnet that had been stuck together for millions of years.

Knock! Knock!

Both of them stopped what they were doing instantly, as if they were caught doing something really bad. Junhyung glanced at the door and turned back to Yoseob who was still lying below him. His mind was blank, unable to register what had just happened.

Yoseob was staring back at Junhyung with his round widened eyes, confused. The reality slowly crawled into his mind. He noticed that Junhung was still lost. His expression was just like a baby would make when he suddenly lost his favourite toys before he started crying. Yoseob smiled at his thought. Yoseob knew he should say something but the words were so heavy. Sighing, he forcedly muttered. “They are waiting,”

*****************************************

Junhyung stepped out of his room, followed by Yoseob. He sighed as he walked towards the living room and saw the people he expected were sitting on the sofa. He turned back to Yoseob and curved a smile before he leaned in towards Yoseob ear. “Merry Christmas. I love you,” he whispered.

Junhyung wanted to be the first to wish the sweetest guy he ever met before someone else did it. As Yoseob who was the one who usually made the first greeting for almost every celebration. Right now, while he still had the chance, he wanted to reverse the roles. He wanted Yoseob knew that he really appreciated for what Yoseob had done to him in the past.

Yoseob chuckled and blushed at the word ‘I love you’ and tried to hide his face behind his larger hands. After a second, he pulled away his hands and smiled sweetly. “Merry Christmas to you too, hyung,” Yoseob looked down, hesitated as he said it. “I love you too,”

 Junhyung was contented. He chuckled when Yoseob blushed and he was awed when Yoseob smiled. His eyes were widened when Yoseob lips curved the large wonderful smile, showing his white neatly arranged teeth. Slowly, Junhyung replied the smile and pinched adorable’s cheek when that cutie replied his ‘I love you’.

After he felt they both were ready, Junhyung took Yoseob’s hand and pulled it, bravely stepping out of the hallway.

“Merry Christmas,” Dongwoon, the maknae greeted cheerfully when he saw Junhyung, instantly stood up from the sofa and turned to Junhyung.

Kikwang, Hyunseung and Doojoon looked at each other before they also stood up and turned to Junhyung.

They were actually hesitated but Dongwoon was excited to do this so they could not say ‘no’. They did feel guilty when they decided to leave the dorm, leaving Dongwoon alone. They were too caught up in their own suffering that they did not notice Dongwoon was suffering too. If this little action could make that taller maknae happy for a while, they did not really mind doing it.

“Now!” Dongwoon spoke, almost shouting.

Instantly, everyone took out the party poppers, shove them towards Junhyung as they pulled the strings.

Bangs! Bangs! Bangs!

Following the loud sound, colourful confetti popped and flew over around the living room, floating around.

“Wuhuuu!” Dongwoon happily screamed and laughed.

The time was slowed down for them. They looked at each other, laughing while the confetti still floating around them. It had been a long time since they had this moment.

Hyunseung smiled gently as he saw Doojoon laughed after he pulled out the party popper string. He missed those smiles, those laughter and those expressions. Hyunseung laughed when Doojoon started clapping his hand excessively like a sea lion always did. He always did that when he was excited and pleased.

Dongwoon took another party popper and popped it again before the excitement slowed down. They did not have this excitement since long ago, since Yoseob was gone. Since his favourite hyung was here, he thought he should remind them how Beast used to be in the past. How exciting everyday was when they played around.

Kikwang was excited and followed Dongwoon step, popping another. His smiling eyes showed throughout the session as he expressed his amusement by laughing. He saw Junhyung smiling face and was glad that the suffering had lessened for that guy. This is the time. He thought. For us to forget.

Junhyung covered his ears as he laughed. The repeating popping sound was loud but it represents how excited they were right now. He looked around, laughing at the funny faces because too much confetti was stuck to them.

Yoseob laughed, sudden reaction from the surprise and happiness feeling he was having. The flying confetti reminded him of the moment Beast earned first place in music shows. They always threw confetti after announcing the winner and they would sing the encore excitedly.

Junhyung chuckled as he saw the confetti stuck to Yoseob’s hair and face. He held his urge to brush away all those confetti from the adorable face. He wanted to see this longer, having this feeling longer. If possible, he wanted to stop the time right now. He knew this might be the last time he could enjoy this little guy companion.

“Ah!”

Everyone turned to the voice and saw Kikwang, who seemed scared and shocked was pointing towards Junhyung. Hesitated, every head slowly turned to Junhyung, including Yoseob.

Junhyung looked at every eye. They were shocked and some even looked as he they were scared. Dongwoon looked calmer as compared to the others. Then, he turned to Yoseob who was also looking at him.  

“Why?” Yoseob, with his innocent curious eyes questioned.

Junhyung shook his head honestly. He patted the younger head, to assure him that it was nothing to be worried of.

“Junnie Hyung,” Dongwoon called.

Junhyung instantly turned to the maknae when he heard that, wondering why he called.

“We can see....,” Dongwoon paused, unsure on how to explain the situation. “We can see Yoseob-hyung,”


Author's note

Guess what? I'm back. Try to finish this as soon as possible. *bows* I am sorry for leaving this story for so long.