Chapter Ten

The Moment We Miss Each Other

Chapter Ten


It was white, pure calm white. Slowly, very slowly, two blurry figures appeared, gradually dissolved through the white. Still blurry, their shapes revealed that they were humans. Their heads and bodies were slightly moving here and there, as if they were talking to each other. Their body languages showed that it was a nice and calm conversation. However, nothing can be heard. It was quiet and purely silent.

Yoseob tried to step closer, to figure out who were the people and what they were talking about but he couldn’t. He tried to focus his eyes so he could see the people’s faces but he couldn’t. Yoseob closed his eyes, trying to listen to the conversation. It slightly worked. Yoseob smiled as he heard voices but he could not interpret any of the words as if he just heard whispering noises. Yoseob bit his lower lips, squeezed his eyes, trying to focus on the listening, wanted to understand what were said by the voices.

“... promise...”

One of the voices finally uttered the only word he could understand. It was a male voice. It sounded very familiar to him, too familiar actually. Who was the owner of the voice? Was it one of Beast members? Yoseob wondered.

Promise.

Yoseob repeated the word in his mind. He startled, now noticing that it was actually his own voice.

Slowly, Yoseob opened his eyes. The image of the studio room blurry appeared before him.  He rubbed his eyes, trying to get a clearer sight. The first thing he clearly saw was the bright flat screen which supposed to be the computer. Then, he noticed the empty chairs in front of the table. The table was also empty.

Empty?  Yoseob uneasily thought.

Yoseob instantly sat up, making the black coat which previously covered his upper body to slide down to his lower body. He slightly frowned, suddenly felt worry. The table was supposed to be filled with papers where Junhyung would scrabble some keywords to be placed in lyrics. Did Junhyung just clean it up? But why?

“J-Junnie hyung?” he called, with soft trembling tone, a trace of nervousness showed in his voice. He started to look around, searching for that rapper-song writer. “Junnie hyung,” he called louder as he bare feet slowly stepped down from the sofa and stood up, leaving the black coat to rest on the sofa, looking around once again. Still, he could not see any sign of the older guy.

Tears started to fill his eyes, creating small puddle above his lower eyes lids. He was scared but he was not sure why. Did he scare that Junhyung would leave him alone? No, Junhyung would never leave him alone. That caring older guy would never even thought of leaving him. Did he scare that something would happen to Junhyung? Maybe. Whatever the reason was, he was worried and afraid.

Yoseob took a nervous step forward as crystal liquid slowly slipped from his eyes, creating trails of tears on his pale fair cheek. Yoseob noticed he was crying and he knew Junhyung did not like to see he cried. Yoseob gulped, forced himself to smile, to stop himself from crying. That was what he always did when he did not want to cry. He sighed, forcing himself to form another smile as the heavy burden in his chest slowly reduced.

Yoseob wiped his cheek, making sure there was no stain of tears or signs that he cried. Then, he determinedly looked towards the door. Junhyung would not leave him, Yoseob was certain, very assured. Now, he just had to search for that guy, making sure that he was soundly safe.

Yoseob instantly started his steps towards the door with a determined look.

Unexpectedly, the door was opened, revealing Junhyung with a file in his hand while he was looking at Yoseob with his natural expression.

Yoseob was shocked with the suddenness, widened his eyes before he burst into tears as he gladly whined. “Junnie Hyung,” He had mix of emotion where he was previously anxious and frightened while now it suddenly changed to touched and relieved. As the emotions piled up, his chest became heavier and the burden burst out into tears, making the adorable guy sobbed like a little child.

Junhyung was panicked when Yoseob suddenly cried. He quickly stepped in, closing the door and pulled that little guy into his hug, making him cried at his shoulder. “What’s wrong, baby?” he asked, concerned and his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

Yoseob just kept crying although it was not as loud as before, as the whining slowly became soft sobs. “I’m... scared,” Yoseob managed to say between his soft sobs, trying hard to answer Junhyung’s question.

Junhyung pulled away from the hug, wanted to have a good look at Yoseob expression. No, he just wanted to make an eye-contact with that little guy, trying to look through his naive pure yet still mysterious heart through his eyes, door to the heart. Those shaken eyes were crying, frightened yet sad.

“Scared of what?” Junhyung softly uttered, smiling as he brushed the shorter guy’s cheeks with his thumbs as his palms cupped his small face. At the same time, he softly gazed at those round innocent yet unhappy eyes.

“Something... bad... happens... to you,” Yoseob spoke with his soft quivering voice. His sobs slowly decreased as his red wet swollen eyes focused on Junhyung’s gentle calm eyes, replying the tender gaze given by the older guy.

Junhyung softly chuckled, pulling the adorable guy into his hold again, patting his head softly. His eyes gently closed as he slowly formed a small sweet smile as he quietly whispered right next to the younger’s ear. “It’s okay. I’m here, always here,”

Junhyung was moved. He thought he knew what was in Yoseob’s mind but he was wrong. He never knew. The sweet gorgeous guy was somehow predictable but at the same time he could be unpredictable. He thought Yoseob would feel assured when they were in the Cube building. Who would think that small figured guy worried about him, afraid if anything happened to him?

Yoseob weakly nodded as he buried his face deeper into Junhyung shoulder, closing him eyes, enjoying the warmth in Junhyung’s embrace. He was gladded, so gladded that Junhyung returned safely. Yoseob could not deny that he felt stupid for worrying about this trivial matter. Somehow, he felt he was a burden to Junhyung if he kept acting this way. He had to act cool and calm just like Junhyung always did. Cool and calm. He repeated the words in his mind, reminding himself.

Junhyung slowly released his hug, pulling himself away from Yoseob, watching the petite guy’s eyes which were looking at him. “Let’s go home,” he spoke warmly.

Yoseob smiled cheerfully as he nodded. “Okay,”

“But, I need to pick up Ray and Tiger first,” Junhyung informed as he walked towards the table, to shut down the computer and took back his coat.

Yoseob followed Junhyung steps and replied. “Sure, then we’ll go home,” with a warm joyful smile.

Junhyung gave out a relieved smile, gladded that his sweetheart was smiling happily. I’m sorry, for making you cry again but. Junhyung slightly grinned. It can’t be helped when you are a cry-baby yourself. Junhyung chuckled at his own thought. 

 

 

It was the 22nd night of December where Kikwang with his brown coat, white thick scarf wrapping around his neck, covering half of his face, revealing just his eyes and white knitted bobble hat. He was walking alone along the snowy street in Itaewon. He had just finished his dinner date with Lee Hongki, the main vocal of Ft. Island. Hongki had schedule afterward and Kikwang was left alone. He could just call his manager to pick him up but he decided to have a stroll around the street before he went home. He needed to freshen up his stressful mind.

Kikwang was looking blankly at the white snowed street, as he slowly strolled. His mind was filled with something else, something related with the message Junhyung texted in the Beast Kakaotalk.

Kikwang sighed. He did not know why he was hesitated. He was hoping for the same thing since Junhyung first stepped out of the house. He even tried to beg that older guy to move back with them but he never succeeded. He started to give up when Doojoon and Hyunseung moved out of the condominium until he too, walked out of the house.

Kikwang huffed, slightly kicked the snow at the sidewalk, frustrated with himself. Was he being rebellious because he did not manage to make Junhyung returned to that house? Or he was jealous that Yoseob could make Junhyung wanted to return with just a simple wish.

Kikwang snickered under his warm white scarf. Jealous? He questioned himself. He did not have the right to feel that way.

Didn’t you remember Kikwang what you had done to your own bestfriend? You killed him jerk. You killed him.

“Stupid,” he huffed, releasing visible water vapour out of his mouth. He was referring to himself, being an idiot, hesitating about moving back into Beast condominium. He should just agree to the request. Maybe, although it just a small possibility, it could help him redeem himself for what he had done to Yoseob.

In sudden, he felt a grab at his arm and he was forcefully pulled away from the sidewalk, into a small bright shop lot at the street. Kikwang turned at the entrance of the shop that was slowly closed behind him. Before he could turn around to look the person who pulled him, he was pushed as his back slammed at the wall.

Then, he saw a girl with thick eyeliners and visible foundation on her face, looking at him desirably as if she wanted to eat whole of him. She was pushing her chest towards him, restraining his movement as her fingers softly trailed down his temple down to his cheek, barely touched the skin.

Kikwang gasped, shocked and afraid of what could happen next. He was blank, not knowing what he should do as he kept looking at the girl with his shaking and frightened eyes. What is happening? What does she want? He thought nervously, unable to figure out the situation.

The girl mischievously smirked as her fingers rested at the white scarf. She gently undid the scarf that wrapped around his neck, revealing his full face. She was startled at first but she quickly smile, a pleased smile. She gave him a wink before she bit her lower lip and it seductively.

! He now knew what was happening and what he had just encountered.

Kikwang quickly pushed the girl away and rushed out of the shop lot, leaving his scarf in the hold of the girl, exposing his full face. He did not care about the scarf at all or even his face, all he cared about now was leaving the location and ran away from the situation. He kept running as fast as he could and as far as he could go, ignoring the people who were staring at him, recognized him as an idol.

He stopped when he could no longer breathe properly, feeling sharp stinging pain in his chest. He panted heavily, holding both of his knees, squeezing his eyes tightly. Slowly, the pain in his chest reduced and his breath slowly become normal. Kikwang stood up properly and started to look around, trying to figure out where he was standing now.

He sighed gladly when he was now back at the place he first started his stroll, the place where Hongki left him. Now, he noticed how people were looking at him, whispering, most probably wondering if he was the real Kikwang or just a doppelganger.

Kikwang sighed again, now felt regret for leaving the scarf. He should take it back. However, he was to panic to think at that time. He walked back into the restaurant, hiding himself at a private corner before he called his manager to pick him up.

Kikwang rubbed his temple as he waited, remembering that he left the scarf and now his face was fully exposed. Stupid Kikwang. He thought as he frowned.

 

 

Yoseob was sitting on the bed and he was playing with Ray and Tiger who was running around on the floor. Yoseob was moving their cat toy to and fro, triggering their hunter instinct as the cats tried to catch the swinging furry toy. Yoseob giggled each time the cats failed to touch the toy, excited and happy when he could tease the agitated cats.

Junhyung stepped in the room, wanted to tell the younger guy that their dinner was ready but he decided to stop. Junhyung leaned his back at the side wall of the door and smiled as he watched Yoseob laughed cheerfully. What Junhyung actually saw was bright and lovely colour of bubbles and lights emitted from the cheerful yet soothing laugh, brightening the atmosphere of the room. It was in a slow motion when he saw Yoseob eyes closed and crinkled as his lips widen and parted, laughing pleasingly as the boy held his stomach, most probably hurt because of the laugh.

Still in a slow motion, the lively guy turned around, looking at him before he gave a sweet warm smile as he called. “Hyung,”

Junhyung replied the smile warmly as he said. “Come, dinner is ready,”

Yoseob nodded cheerfully and stepped down from the bed, leaving the cat toy on it and quickly rushed to Junhyung with a smile plastered on his fair small face.

Junhyung eyes followed the younger’s movement as his hand quickly grabbed Yoseob’s hand when the elfin guy arrived in front of him. “Let’s go,” he said as he gently pulled Yoseob to the dining table while his eyes were still on the shorter guy.

 

 

“Yoseobie,” Junhyung called while they were eating, facing each other.

“Hmm?” Yoseob hummed as his mouth was full. His eyes instantly moved from the plate towards Junhyung as he slowly chewed his food.

Junhyung couldn’t stop himself from smiling as he watched how adorable the little guy who was sitting in front of him. He softly chuckled before he lovingly gazed towards Yoseob, reaching the smaller’s hand. “What if we move back into Beast condominium?” he asked gently.

Junhyung could not even thought of the possible answer as Yoseob quickly and excitedly nodded as he tried to reply with his full mouth. “Chur”

Junhyung chuckled, unable to resist Yoseob’s cuteness as he saw how Yoseob was trying to speak even when his mouth was full. Half of him was gladded with the response, relieved. Maybe, he could not make each members of Beast to move into their old home but at least they could live with Dongwoon who accepted the fact that Yoseob was now a ghost kindly. At least, small part of the wish was granted, where half of beast stayed together under one roof. At least. He thought.

Yoseob who was unsatisfied with his own replied quickly munched his food and swallowed it. “Sure,” he repeated as his eyes locked with Junhyung’s eyes.

Junhyung grinned, as he gently rubbed Yoseob’s smaller hand before he muttered. “Thank you,”

Thank you for agreeing. Thank you for accepting it kindly. I promise you’ll be happy with that decision even if it was just for a while. Even if it was just temporary, I promise.


Author’s note:

Happy New Year!

Although I’m a bit late. Hehe.

I can’t stop myself from writing Junseob moment although it was actually unimportant for the flow of the story.
Those moments actually make the story slower in pace and development. I’m so sorry. *bows*

I promise to reveal the songs I listen while writing this story in previous chapter.
Since the playlist is shuffled, the arrangement is not according to the list.

Beast – How to Love
Beast – On Rainy Days

Beast – When I Miss You
Ft. Island – Because I don’t Know How to Love
Ft. Island – Missing You
Jang Ri In ft Xiah Junsu – Timeless
Jin – Gone
Jung Il Woo – Someone Like You
Junhyung ft. Yoseob – Caffeine
Loveholic – If Only I Have You (49 days OST)
Troublemaker (Hyuna ft. Rado) – Time
Yang Yoseob – No (Andwae; Poseidon OST)

I hope you can suggest more songs. ^_^
Thanks for the subscribes, comments and upvotes.

I love you!