Chapter Eleven

The Moment We Miss Each Other

Chapter Eleven


Yoseob was standing in a middle of a living room where every single furniture and items in it were familiar to him. It was the living room of Beast’s condominium filled a warm and gentle aura even though the current season was winter.

 A person was facing him, talking to him although Yoseob heard nothing. It was a woman based of the hair and the winter outfit, a middle-aged woman or maybe older. Her face was too fuzzy to be recognized.

Yoseob was replying to every of her words but he could not listen to his own voice and he did not even know what he was saying. However, Yoseob kept looking at the middle-aged woman opposite to him, analyzing her look, wondering if he had met her before.

Her wrinkled and veined hand gently took his hand, raising it to her waist, holding it dearly with both of her hands. The hold was warm and tender. Yoseob could feel her good intention and how warm and tender her heart was. Her touch reminded Yoseob of his mother’s hold, gentle and warm. However, he could somehow felt anxiousness and concerned through her touch.

Yoseob kept watching the hazy face, frowned, wondering who the person could be and why she was here. What she was worried about?

“...Promise...” the word was out from his mouth together with other unknown words. Yoseob somehow felt that he did that to ease the heart of this woman.

“Thank you...” the woman replied with her slight raspy voice as she kept holding his hand and she continued her sentence that Yoseob could not interpret.

The figure started to disappear, together with the living room, dissolving away slowly like floating autumns’ leaves that were blew by the wind.

“Wait,” Yoseob called as he quickly grabbed the woman’s hand with his other hand, wanted to stop the woman from going away. He wanted to listen more, to see more and to know more. He felt like it was important, very important to him. So, he needed to know.

“Yoseobie,” a voice echoed, calling his name. Yoseob looked around while they woman and the living room were slowly gone, replaced by the bright white atmosphere.

“Yoseobie,” the voice sounded closer. It seemed worried.

Yoseob eyes slowly opened, revealing his gorgeous dark brown irises as white bright view was slowly chased away, seeing a person’s face right in front of him, a face of a person that he loved dearly.

“Are you okay?” Junhyung asked, concerned, slightly frowning.

Yoseob nodded before he blinked his eyes. Tears slowly rolled from the corner of his eyes down to his upper cheeks before they felt and were absorbed by the cotton fabric of the white pillow cover. He now knew that he was crying, feeling the coldness of the wet trail on his skin, left by the rolling tears. Yoseob did not know why he was crying. Was it because of the dream? But, it was not a bad dream, not a nightmare. It just a dream with an unknown feeling attached to it. Why was he crying?

“Nightmare?” Junhyung asked, not satisfied with answer given as concern and anxious were lingering obviously in the look of his eyes.

As he looked upwards towards Junhyung who was sitting on the same bed, right next to him, Yoseob knew that he could not hide his moist eyes. Yoseob shook his head and smiled weakly. Still, he did not want to make Junhyung worried. He did not have the right to receive the concern because he was not a living person and he shouldn’t be here. He was a soul that supposed to pass on long ago. He somehow felt guilty for coming back and wasting Junhyung’s time on his selfish wish.

Junhyung sighed lightly and gently brushed Yoseob’s smooth fringe backward, revealing the younger’s forehead for a moment before the silky hair returned to its original place. Junhyung did not sure what the nightmare was about. He was hoping it was not about how he was hit by the car that night. It must be frightening for Yoseob, more than he feared of ghost. Ghost? Junhyung chuckled.

Yoseob blinked curiously as he saw the curved of Junhyung’s lips and heard the small laugh. “What is it?” He wondered curiously. Was it because he drooled? Yoseob touched the side of his lips, trying to figure out whether or not he drooled.

Junhyung shook his head, trying to smile instead of laugh. “It just... Hahaha,” but he laughed louder. “you... Haha... scared of ghost,” Junhyung eyes crinkled, trying to stop himself from laughing.

Yoseob grimaced, pouting, understood what Junhyung was trying to say.

“But you’re now a ghost,” Junhyung couldn’t stop laughing as he held his stomach with both of his hand and instantly fell into the soft pillow.

Yoseob sighed angrily and turned around, not wanting to face Junhyung. He was slightly mad because of the joke. It was true that he was scared of ghost before but now he didn’t since he was a ghost himself. Actually he did not sure whether he was still fear of ghost or not. Well, maybe if it came out unexpectedly with ugly and scary appearance, he would still feel scare. Yoseob could feel the tingling shiver around his body. The thought of ghost slightly scared him.

Junhyung slowly stopped laughing when he saw Yoseob turned around, avoiding him. He gently smiled, gladded that Yoseob no longer in tears. For Junhyung, it was better for Yoseob to be angry at him than being sad and sullen. Junhyung slid himself under the blanket, extended his arms and embraced Yoseob’s small waist, pulling the adorable guy closer to him, warming each other under the warm blanket.

Yoseob was idle and silent, ignoring Junhyung’s act.

Junhyung smirked, satisfied when Yoseob allowed him did that. It meant Yoseob was not truly angry, he just slightly irritated. Junhyung buried his nose into Yoseob’s hair, inhaling the scent that he loved as his lips barely touched the skin of Yoseob neck. “Angry?” he murmured.

Yoseob felt ticklish when Junhyung’s warm breath brushed his nape. He tried hard not to move or laugh, handling the ticklish sensation but he lastly failed as he let out a small chuckle. He sighed. He wanted to punish Junhyung by staying silent and made the older thought that he was still mad. Another failure. Yoseob thought as he pouted, unsatisfied with himself.

Junhyung smirked, knowing that Yoseob was just pretending. “Glad you’re not,” he uttered.

“You trick me,” Yoseob replied, still pouting.

Junhyung could sense a slight of annoyance in the adorable tone. “I’m sorry,” he apologized. He did not want to fight and hurt Yoseob anymore.

Yoseob beamed as he heard that. “Apologize accepted,” he replied. Yoseob slightly turned his head, wanted to see Junhyung’s face although he could just see a glance of it through the corner of his eyes. “Hyung, shouldn’t you meet Papa Hong this morning?” Yoseok asked, concerned.

“Nope, I’ve met him yesterday, remember?” Junhyung replied, poking Yoseob’s cheek.

Yoseob gave up on looking at Junhyung’s face and turned back his head forward, comfortably laid it on the pillow. His eyes looked upwards, remembering yesterday scenes. He slightly blushed as he remembered that he cried when Junhyung came back after meeting Papa Hong. “I forget,”

Yoseob chuckled nervously, hoping Junhyung did not remind him that he cried yesterday. “What did he say? Did he accept all songs?”

Junhyung shook his head slightly. “But, he approve most of them,”

“He should. Those songs are great,” Yoseob remarked proudly. He knew, he had heard all those songs yesterday and he would beg to sing them if he was still alive.

Junhyung grinned at Yoseob’s words. It may sound childish but he knew Yoseob was being serious. “Thanks,” he replied weakly. He was actually still unsure. Papa Hong said he might give the songs to other artists in Cube Entertainment but there was possibility that they did not want to accept the songs.

Yoseob sensed Junhyung’s nervousness in his voice. Gently, Yoseob placed his arms above Junhyung’s arms which were still around his waist. It was to assure the older guy that it would be okay. Everything will be okay.

Junhyung tightened his hold around Yoseob waist, pulling him closer, making the adorable little guy to half-leaned on him as he placed a peck on Yoseob’s crown before he settled his head right behind Yoseob’s nape. “Let’s us stay like this for a while,” he whispered as he closed his eyes, immersing himself in the moment.

Yoseob smiled as he too closed his eyes as he focused on Junhyung’s embrace on his waist, Junhyung’s warm breath which he felt at his nape and Junhyung calm breathing which he felt through his back, feeling the slow and calm pace of the rapper waving chest.

Unbeknown to Yoseob, that Junhyung was trying his best trying not to think that someday they would be separated, forever. He just wanted to fully live the present, cherished every moment he could have with that adorable lovely guy.

 

 

Hyunseung who was wearing his grey winter coat, with his hands safely placed in the coat’s pocket, he stood still, watching from the corner. His eyes were blankly stared at a person who was now acting in front of cameras.

“Hyunseung-shi,” a female voice called him.

Hyunseung turned towards the voice. He slightly smiled as he recognized the person. She was a stylist for the current drama shooting. “Waiting for Doojoon?” she asked, with a sincere smile.

Hyunseung nodded as he replied the smile.

The woman pulled a chair and placed it behind Hyunseung. “Please be seated. We’ll have lunch break soon,”

“Thanks,” Hyunseung uttered, sat on the chair given.

“I’ll need to go. See you again, Hyunseung-shi,” The woman cheerfully spoke, waving before she walked towards the shooting area to fix the makeup of the actress.

Hyunseung eyes followed her for a while before it quickly returned back to Doojoon who was waiting for the cue from the director. He most probably did not notice Hyunseung presence at the shooting location as he was concentrating on his act.

Hyunseung smiled, admiring Doojoon hardworking attitude. Hyunseung remembered when Junhyung was suddenly disappeared, it was hard for them to get any job but Doojoon begged Papa Hong and anyone he knew to give him and Beast a job. Luckily, a drama production director casted him as one of the main characters and it helped boosting Beast image. Beast members started to gain more jobs after that, but Doojoon have a lot more. He rarely rejected any job, trying to earn as much as he could although it would lastly be divided through the five of them.

“Hyunseung,” Doojoon called, watching the 4D guy gazes blankly.

Slowly, Hyunseung turned his sight to Doojoon and smiled. “Lunch?” he asked.

Doojoon nodded and replied the smile. “Let’s go,” Doojoon started to walk away.

Hyunseung stood up from the chair and started to follow Doojoon.

 

Doojoon and Hyunseung always had their lunch together. It was because since Yoseob’s death, Hyunseung refuse to eat alone. He hated it. Eating alone would remind him of Yoseob because that guy loved eating too although not as much him. Eating with others would distract him from the thought of Yoseob. So, when he had no schedule, he would come to Doojoon to eat with him.

It was in a steak restaurant as they were waiting for Hyunseung favourite food, beef steak.

“Is it okay? It will be late,” Hyunseung asked, worried if eating steak would take a lot of Doojoon time.

“It’s okay,” Doojoon replied simply as he looked around, watching the menu plastered on the wall of the restaurant.

“Doojoon,” Hyunseung weakly called, looking down.

Doojoon turned to Hyunseung, frowning when he noticed Hyunseung awkward act.

“Have you decided on Junhyung’s request?” Hyunseung asked timidly, afraid if it would anger the older guy.

Doojoon sighed. “No, I don’t think I will stay in that house again,” he strictly spoke.

Hyunseung smiled weakly, unsatisfied with Doojoon answer but he did not dare to speak out, knowing how short-tempered Doojoon was. Maybe, later he could persuade the older guy to do the request. Hyunseung did not sure why but he wanted to do it. Staying together again, as Beast, it felt like they would create another fun and meaningful memory. However, he felt like telling Doojoon about his choice.

“I will,” Hyunseung replied, sounded confident with his decision.

Doojoon startled to listen to Hyunseung sudden words. “What?” he asked out of surprised.

“I decide to do the request. I will stay with them. Kikwang will move there too,” Hyunseung smiled.

Doojoon frowned, feeling awkward instead of anger or annoyed. He sighed weakly. He knew he had no right to change Hyunseung decision but it felt like he was alone. As if he was the only one who disagreed with the request. It felt like he was the bad person.

“I won’t force you. Don’t worry,” Hyunseung spoke as he noticed Doojoon frowning expression.

Doojoon knew no one would force him but it felt weird for unknown reason. Doojoon did not even know why he did not want to move. One of the excuses was his packed schedule but it was not the real reason. Maybe because it felt like he was obeying Junhyung when he did the request. But, Doojoon knew that if Yoseob was truly there, he would wish for the same thing. Should he change his decision? It was for Yoseob after all.

 


Author’s note:

Happy Belated Birthday to Yang Yoseob!! Weee...

I’m sorry for making Junseob cuddling on bed again. I just like that kind of scenes.
But please tell me if it annoys you.  *sighs* I feel like the story goes slower and slower each time.

Anyway, thanks for the subscribe, comments and upvote. ^^