Chapter Fourteen

The Moment We Miss Each Other

Junhyung calmly wore his hat as he saw Beast condominium building through the tinted glass yet his feet kept tapping the vehicle carpet. He was anxious and excited at the same time. He was worried that Yoseob would be lonely and at the same time he could not wait to meet his adorably precious boy.

Finally, the SUV stopped. Junhyung thanked the manager and quickly dropped off the black vehicle. He took a short deep breath before he quickly walked to the elevator. He had to remind himself not to say a word about whole Beast would be staying under a roof once again. It was a secret between Beast members to surprise Yoseob. Junhyung tried his best to stay calm as he pressed the floor’s number.

As the elevator gradually lifted, Junhyung mind was roaming on the plan called Christmas plan. It was Dongwoon who decide to keep this a secret from Yoseob which was not a surprise from Junhyung since Dongwoon trusted him. What shocked him was when the others agreed with the plan especially Doojoon. Of course, it was obvious that Doojoon was reluctant of the plan yet he just nodded. Junhyung was sure that Doojoon still doubted him. He did not sure what made that man changed suddenly but Junhyung was gladded that he changed. Actually, Junhyung was grateful enough when Doojoon decided to stay together with the other Beast members in their old condominium. Silently, he decided to treat Doojoon better in the future.

Ding.

The entrance of the elevator parted. Junyung took another short breath before he stepped out of the elevator. He just hoped that Yoseob would not be suspicious of anything. He had to act as usual, as normal as he could.

Junhyung stopped a while in front of the door, trying to arrange his thoughts and feeling before he slowly pushed the door of Beast dorm, revealing the sparkling cleaned living room.

“Ta-da,” the cheerful voice greeted. “Do you like it hyung?” Yoseob instantly appeared from the back of the door.

Junhyung was still awed at the change of the living room, unintentionally left his mouth partly opened. “D-did you do this?” he managed to ask even he was shocked.

“Since the Christmas is coming soon, I decide to clean the house. It helps me kill the boredom at the same time,” Yoseob replied, beaming brightly. The little guy was extremely happy to see the reaction of Junhyung.

Junhyung was truly thankful of what Yoseob had done. He did not really surprise since Yoseob himself was a very hygienic person and this childish guy was surprisingly good with house chores. Junhyung did not sure how to express his grateful feeling. His right hand was instinctively searching and finally reached Yoseob hand, holding it tenderly. “Thank you, Yoseobie,” the right hand then went to Yoseob small waist, pulling it closer to Junhyung. “Thank you so much,”

“H-hyung,” Yoseob paused, losing his words. Yoseob was flustered as he felt Junhyung arm around his waist. “I-I actually wish,” another pause, not only because he was still shy but he was also hesitating. He had asked too much. He did not want to burden Junhyung anymore yet he wished he could do something for Beast.

“Another wish?” Junhyung instantly turned to Yoseob, curious if Yoseob had any new wish. He quickly reminded that one of this adorable guy’s wishes would be granted soon and Yoseob might disappear soon. It was a thought that he wanted to avoid yet he could not. Still, even if it takes a millions of wishes granted to make Yoseob happy, he would still grant it. After all, he had promised himself to use this second chance to redeem himself of what he had done to Yoseob before.

 Yoseob nodded but quickly shook his head. “But, it has nothing to do with my real wish. It just, I hope I could decorate the house to suit the Christmas feeling,” 

Junhyung kindly smiled as he gently pinched Yoseob’s pale yet adorable cheek. “Sure,” Anything for that smile of yours.

******

Junhyung was drinking a glass of clear water at the living room when Dongwoon came back from his schedule.

“I’m home,” Dongwoon tiredly greeted, losing his usual cheerful touch.

“Welcome back, dongsaeng,” Junhyung replied and took another slurp of the drink, emptying the glass.

Dongwoon smiled weakly at Junhyung smile before he frowned. He noticed that the house looked different yet similar. Something had changed. Dongwoon tried to work his exhausted brain, trying to figure out what was so different.

Junhyung stood up, walking to the kitchen. “Yoseob clean the house while we were away,” Junhyung spoke while he washed the glass, as if he knew what was happening in the weary brain of Dongwoon.

“That’s it,” Dongwoon mumbled. The house is way cleaner than usual. Yoseob hyung did the chores as always. ”Yo-Yoseob hyung?” Dongwoon startled, knowing that a ghost cleaning the house. 

“Yeah,” Junhyung nodded as he walked to the living room, sitting casually on the sofa. “Why?”

“I thought ghost can’t touch any...” Dongwoon stopped, started to realize something. Previously, Junhyung told him that Yoseob could eat so most probably Yoseob could touch things. He thought ghost would just pass through any of the world objects.

Junhyung chuckled, enjoying Dongwoon confused expression. The fact was not that hard to digest yet Dongwoon was struggling. Junhyung knew it was because of the exhaustion. “Dongwoon-ah, just go to sleep,”

Dongwoon brain instantly stopped working after listening to Junhyung work. “Okay hyung,” he answered monotonously, sounded almost robotic. Weakly, he walked towards his room.

Junhyung lips instantly curled as he silently laughed. Fortunately, he remembered why he was waiting for Dongwoon that night. Quickly, “Wait! I forget something,”

Dongwoon gradually turned back to Junhyung, looking at the older guy with expecting face, wondering what words would be out of the tongue of Junhyung.

“Are you free tomorrow?” Junhyung asked, eagerly.

Dongwoon nodded weakly.

“I was thinking to buy some decorations and gifts for Christmas...”

“Sure,” Dongwoon replied, without even listening to the end of the sentence.

Junhyung was a bit surprised but he knew that Dongwoon understood what he was trying to tell. “Thanks, Dongwoon-ah,”

Dongwoon who was already standing at the entrance of his room stopped, turning back to Junhyung, looking at Junhyung curiously.

“What is it?” Junhyung who noticed the Dongwoon’s action was also curious.

“Will Yoseob hyung join us? I mean shopping for the decorations and all,” Dongwoon let out his curiousity.

Junhyung frowned, thinking. “Maybe,” he answered, hesitated.

“I hope he will,” Dongwoon’s lips curled into a small yet sincere smile. He could imagine the excited expression of Yoseob while looking at all the colourful and bright Christmas decorations, gifts and Santa Claus costume.

*******

It was a day before Christmas where Dongwoon, Junhyung and the invisible Yoseob were spending time in the packed busy mall.

“I never thought it will be this crowded,” Junhyung sighed behind the knitted cream scarf he wore, hiding the lower part of his face.

“Maybe we should just buy everything online,” Dongwoon who was wearing a cap and a sunglass suggested.

“There’s no delivery since Christmas is just a day away,” Junhyung answered with a lower tone, trying his best to hide his anger. It was no one fault yet he could not stop from feeling frustrated.

“I’ll help,” Yoseob excitedly replied after listening to Dongwoon and Junhyung complaint, smiling cheerfully, showing almost all of his upper teeth.

*******

“Yoseob hyung is daebak!” Dongwoon claimed while pushing the trolleys to Junhyung’s car. “Hyung, how did you do that? Don’t people notice you?” Dongwoon asked, curious and wondered.

“I don’t know,” Yoseob answered softly. “They just don’t,” he continued, sounded a little depressed.

Junhyung noticed the change in Yoseob’s voice and expression. He smiled sweetly and Yoseob hair gently. “I do and seeing you just passing through others is really surprising,” No, it was disturbing. It reminded me that you won’t be here forever. Junhyung thought. “Anyway, thanks to you, we got all the things needed to decorate the dorm,” Junhyung smiled, trying to hide his depressing thought.

Yoseob curled his lips, forming a small smile. He was a bit relieved listening to Junhyung’s words. At least, Junhyung noticed his presence.

“I still wonder how Yoseob hyung chose the decorations, put them in the trolley and pushed it without anyone noticing. I could clearly see the things floating around and the trolley moving,” Dongwoon rolled his eyes to the right, placing his fist under chin, thinking, ignoring how Junhyung looked like a crazy person as he talked to the thin air. It was not that he was incurious on what Yoseob was saying, but if he kept asking, he would ruin the mood and Junhyung might feel annoyed too.

“Dongwoon noticed that?” Yoseob was surprised.

Junhyung who was startled with Yoseob’s response quickly turned to Yoseob, frowning.

“No one notice before. It was like when I touch something, that thing becomes invisible too,” Yoseob explained, noticing how Junhyung was looking at him.

Junhyung quickly turned to Dongwoon with the same expression he showed to Yoseob.

“What is it, hyung? Did I say something I shouldn’t?” Dongwoon was also surprised, covering his mouth with his four fingers.

“Nothing,” Junhyung decided not to tell Dongwoon yet. Junhyung then turned to Yoseob and leaned closer, placing his lips right beside the visual maknae’s ear. “We’ll discuss this later,” he softly whispered.

Yoseob nodded, smiling cheerfully. Someone beside Junhyung noticed him. Maybe, although it was just a ‘maybe’, another person other than Junhyung can see him too. Maybe, just a ‘maybe’, he could bid a proper goodbye.

*********

Junhyung could feel the brightness surrounded him as he listened to the sound of the curtained opened. He crinkled his eyes, feeling uncomfortable with the sudden change from dark to bright.

“Morning,”

He instantly smiled, listening to the sweet gentle voice but he just did not want to open his eyes yet. Then, he notice a shadow was slowing coming towards him and slowly felt gentle soft skin-liked thing touched his lips. The touch disappeared and Junhyung slowly opened his eyes as he saw Yoseob eyes were watching him, softly. Junhyung continued staring at the round bright warm eyes for a few moments before he closed his eyes and leaned forward for another kiss, this time deeper. Junhyung brought his hand to embrace Yoseob’s cheek, pulling the smaller closer.

Yoseob who was closing his eyes, gently placed his cold hand on Junhyung warm hand which was placed on his cheek, pulling it from his cheek gently before he slowly pulled out from the kiss and opened his eyes. “That’s enough,” he smiled teasingly.

Junhyung pouted. “That was my first after five years,” he complained.

Yoseob chuckled softly before his expression slowly changed. He lips were curling yet it was a cheerless expression. “I’m sorry,”


Author's note

I just couldn't write previously even though I have all the scenarious written. Writer's block? Not sure.

 

This is not related to the story but I just want to share, and I hope this will keep spreading.