Chapter Six

The Moment We Miss Each Other

Chapter Six


It was early of the night, when Junhyung had just completed his only meal that day at a restaurant nearby his house. He casually walked to his apartment, stepping out of the elevator until he reached the front door. He keyed in the passcode and turned the knob of the door, pulling it as he casually walked in, removing his shoes and wore the house slippers arranged beside the shoe rack. Then, he saw the new house slipper that he gave to Yoseob last night.

“Hyung never changes”

The words echoed, continued by Yoseob cheerful laugh.

Junhyung smirked. He had started to miss the elfin guy. It has started, his punishment. Junhyung shook his head, trying not to think of the younger guy. He should get ready to go to Cube studio room and spent his time there as he needed to create at least a song by Christmas. He quickly turned and walked to his bedroom.

“Hyung, what are you going to do?”

 The joyful voice played again.

Junhyung closed his eyes, trying to concentrate to the present. He smirked, thinking that this was what he asked for.

He continued to his drawer, taking his towel. As he made his way to the bathroom, he made a glance to the bed.

“Okay, I will wait at your bed,”

The childish voice echoed. This time, he not only heard, he could see that Yoseob was bouncily sitting on the bed as what he had done last night, with his usual sweet smile and sparklingly smiling eyes. Junhyung knew it was just his memory of Yoseob but it seemed so real. The punishment was worse than what he thought. Usually his mind would slowly go to Yoseob as something reminded him of that elfin guy but tonight, Yoseob occupied his brain without a warning. He could not see anything else in his thought except for Yang Yoseob.

Junhyung ignored it and walked to the bathroom for a warm shower. He gently closed his eyes as he opened the tap as a rain of warm liquid flowed, drenching him.  Even in the embrace of the warm and comfortable shower, his mind was filled with Yoseob, his cheerful laugh, his sweet smile, his naughty prank, his adorable pout, his calm expression when he slept....

Junhyung suddenly turned off the shower tap and opened his eyes. This was much much worse than what he had imagined. He hated to admit it, but he needed that person so much in a level that could be called crazily insane. Junhyung sneered, he was the one who wanted this but now, he could not bear it.

Junhyung turned back the tap, leaving himself wrapped up in the warm shower, calmly reminisced the younger guy. Would Yoseob forgive him if he kept doing this? The question suddenly came back to him.

Junhyung slowly opened his eyes, thinking. Had he even apologized to Yoseob? Maybe, but did Yoseob knew it? Junhyung smirked, thinking how idiot he could be. How could he ask for forgiveness when he never openly apologized to that little guy?

Junhyung quickly finished his shower. He himself said before that he wanted a chance to redeem himself. Yes, he always wanted this chance, where he could apologize to Yoseob properly, telling him words that he had always wanted to tell, showing him how much he loved that younger guy. What had he done now, pushing the innocent guy away, destroying the chance that he had long waited?

Junhyung quickly dressed up and rushed out of the house, running, and looking for that the person that he owed so much.

 

Junhyung was walking aimlessly around the city, massaging his temple, tried to think. He had searched around the dark cemetery for uncounted times, shouting, calling that little annoying guy name. Then, he went home, hoping that guy was waiting for him but no one was there. He rushed out to Cube building which was quite near his house and frantically running to every floor. Now, he had looked around his house and Cube building areas for uncounted times. Where could that imp go?

Junhyung sighed as the traffic light right in front of him turned red, staring at the street blankly. Junhyung tried to remember the places that would be familiar with that younger guy except for Cube building and his house. Maybe some places that he used to go 5 years ago. But, many places had changed after those 5 years. Well, maybe that elf would try to search for other Beast members. But, all of them had live in their own house.

Junhyung eyes widened. Yoseob did not know that Beast members were no longer staying together. Maybe, he went to their old home.

Junhyung quickly turned around. That place was not far from the area he was right now. Yes, Beast old condominium. He was sure no one was there.

Junhyung fastened his pace, running. As far as he remembered, Kikwang told him that everyone moved out of the condominium. However, Junhyung did not sure if the place was still empty or already occupied with other group from Cube Entertainment. Junhyung did not care. He just hoped he would find Yoseob there.

Junhyung was now standing right in front of the high building, panting heavily from all the running. If Yoseob saw him now, he would start nagging about exercising. Junhyung pushed away that thought as he tried to catch his normal breath and he walked into the building, to their old house.

He was standing right in front of Beast old condominium. Junhyung took a deep breath and tried to key in the passcode, the same passcode that Beast used 5 years ago. He decided to do that instead of ringing the bell as his instinct told him that the house was empty.

The door unlocked which startled him. The passcode did not change. Junhyung took another deep breath before he pulled the door open. Slowly, he walked in and closed the door.

The living room was surprisingly bright as if someone was there. Junhyung looked around, noticing that the place did not change, unexpectedly similar from what he remembered five years ago. Then, he heard footsteps, from the rooms, walking towards him.

Junhyung was panicked but he decided to stay so his mind was busy searching for excuses. Should he say he left something? That was weird, why would he want to take something he left five years ago? Maybe, he just missed the house. That did not sound like a good and believable excuse. Should he just be honest? But telling people that he was searching for a ghost would make him look like an insane person.

“Hyung?” a familiar voice called.

Junhyung quickly turned to the voice, surprised. “Dongwoon?” he unintentionally called.

Dongwoon was standing at the living room, looking at him with a blank expression, most probably surprised.

“What are you doing here?” Dongwoon asked out of confusion.

Junhyung kept silent, did not sure how to answer the question.

 

 

“I’m going home. Take care,” Hyunseung said to Doojoon as he waved with a small smile.

This was where Doojoon and Hyunseung always parted as their houses were in different streets. Doojoon smiled weakly, and replied the wave.

Hyunseung quickly turned around and walked away although he felt heavy to do so. He was worried but he knew Doojoon would not allow him to do things more than that.

Yoseob was blank, thinking who he should follow. However, before he could decide, Hyunseung had disappeared from his sight. Yoseob smiled, it meant he had to follow Doojoon.

Doojoon started to walk and Yoseob quickly followed him, smiling.

“Why don’t you live in Beast dorm anymore?” Yoseob asked, looking at Doojoon expression. As expected, Doojoon was silent, unable to listen to Yoseob.

Yoseob sighed. “I guess too many things change,” he pouted.

It was a slow stroll. Doojoon decided to take slow steps, concentrating on thinking of Yoseob, the visual maknae of Beast. It was Yoseob death anniversary after all. It was the only time where he could fully think of Yoseob as tomorrow, he had to concentrate on his new drama.

It was silent. Yoseob decided to keep quiet since Doojoon would not hear him after all. He pouted, playing with his fingers, bored with the continuous silent.

 “Yoseob,” Doojoon suddenly called, whispering.

However, it was loud enough to be heard by Yoseob. Yoseob stopped his step, surprised, left a few steps behind. Did Doojoon could see him too? Yoseob quickly rushed back to Doojoon side.

“I’m sorry,” Doojoon continued, still whispering as he stopped his step.

 

 

“You believe in my story?” Junhyung was shocked. He could not believe he had just told everything about Yoseob to Dongwoon and that maknae trusted him.

Dongwoon nodded his head vigorously.

Junhyung sighed. “Anyway, what are you doing here? I thought everyone move out,” Junhyung asked, curious.

“It’s lonely, hyung. I could not stay alone so I decide to keep living here,” Dongwoon nodded down, sounded sullen but after a moment. “At least, it fills with our happy memories,” he looked to Junhyung and gave the older boy a weak smile.

Junhyung replied the smiled. When everyone was running away from those moments, the maknae wanted to live with those moments. Sure, they were happy, cheerful memories but remembering them was painful, thinking that they were just memories, knowing that it could not be repeated. It was painful.

“Hyung, where is Yoseob hyung now?” Dongwoon asked, looking around. “Is he here?”

Junhyung shook his head and sighed. “I... somehow push him away,” Junhyung quickly continued. “But, nothing bad can happen since now he is a ghost. I mean how can people harm him since he is invisible, right?” Junhyung awkwardly smile, trying to convince Dongwoon but mostly he tried to convince himself that Yoseob would be okay.

“Being invisible is lonely, hyung,” Dongwoon weakly said, half-whispering as if he was talking to himself. “No one see you, listen to you, or even need you. It’s lonely,” the maknae explained sullenly, nodding down. That was what he had always felt. Feeling lonely and unneeded. Everyone in Beast had their own special role while he was always at the corner, only listened and followed. He was always at the back, knowing no one care if he was not there.

However, there was always a person who would turn around just to look at him with an assuring warm smile. It was Yoseob. Although that older guy acted childishly, he maturely took care of him. He was always receiving from that visual maknae, always and he did not even have the chance to return it.  

Junhyung was startled. He never thought of that. He never thought that Yoseob would feel lonely. That guy always seemed cheerful and happy. Junhyung instantly stood up. “I need to continue searching for him,”

He could not let Yoseob felt lonely, after all he was the only person who could see and listen to that elfin guy.

“Wait!” Dongwoon suddenly called.

Junhyung turned around, anticipating.

“About Yoseob hyung wish, I think I know what it is,” Dongwoon looked at Junhyung with unreadable but obviously gloomy eyes as if they were hiding something.

“I think Yoseob last wish is to celebrate your birthday,” Dongwoon nodded down, did not dare to look at Junhyung expression. Dongwoon knew how much the older guy hated when someone mentioned about celebrating his birthday. However, what if it was Yoseob last wish. Actually, Dongwoon was quite sure that it was Yoseob last wish and Dongwoon wanted to make sure it granted. Finally, he could do something for Yoseob. Finally, he had a chance to reply Yoseob kindness.

Junhyung bit his lower lips. Half of him knew Dongwoon statement was true but half of him hated to know that his birthday was also the reason of Yoseob death. He knew that the little guy was planning to celebrate his birthday that night. It was the only logic explanation of a box of cake and soft drink cans that were lying around him that night. That idiot guy, why did he do everything by himself? Why did the little guy still plan to do that even after he said those painful words to him? Why?

“I’m sorry, hyung,” Dongwoon apologized, noticing that Junhyung looked as if he was stress out and slightly mad.

“Okay,” Junhyung answered. He had to admit that there was a high possibility that celebrating his birthday was Yoseob last wish. “We will celebrate it,” he continued.

Dongwoon instantly beamed, happy. “I... I will do everything. I will call everyone,” he said as he quickly took his phone, typing.

“Everyone?” Junhyung asked, he did not expect to celebrate his birthday with anyone other than Yoseob and Dongwoon.

Dongwoon frantically nodded, not noticing the strange tone in Junhyung voice. “Of course, Yoseob hyung wants to celebrate it with the whole Beast members,” he excitedly answered, still typing.

Junhyung frowned. It sounded true because Yoseob was a type of person who would highly appreciate each person. However, thinking that he had to meet with Doojoon and Hyunseung after the incident that night. Should he just tell them the truth too? Would they believe him?

“And I think everyone should know about Yoseob hyung,” Dongwoon looked up to Junhyung, looked serious.

Junhyung sighed. Why should he care about those trivial things? They would not care about him anymore. Junhyung doubted they would come. “Sure, if they come,” Junhyung answered and turned away. “I’ll keep looking for Yoseob, text me if everything is settled,” Junhyung walked away, to the front door.

“Sure, hyung,” Dongwoon said as he followed Junhyung’s steps.

“Where are you going?” Junhyung turned around and asked as he noticed that Dongwoon was standing right behind him.

“Going to buy the cake, and everything needed for the party,” Dongwoon answered with a smile.

Junhyung frowned. “Alone?”

Dongwoon nodded, still with his previous smile.

Junhyung sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. “I... I will accompany you,” Junhyung was afraid, the same thing would happen again because of him. What had happened to Yoseob had largely affected him. Junhyung was afraid of what would happen to him if it was happening again.

“What about Yoseob’s hyung?” Dongwoon asked, concerned. However, he felt slightly happy that Junhyung wanted to accompany him. If felt as if Junhyung was worried about him although Dongwoon knew Junhyung just did not like to feel guilty if anything happened to him. At least, he was not alone for tonight.

“I will look for him after we buy everything,” Junhyung answered, turned back to the door, wearing his shoes and opened the door.

Dongwoon followed the steps as he stepped out of the house, smiling to himself. Somehow, he felt that everything would change, positively.


Author's note:

I apologize for not updating for 10 days.

I’m sorry if this chapter is boring. But, I will try better for the next chapter.
I hope you do not mind angst throughout the story.
I wish I could create humour slightly here and there but I’m not good with it.

 

Thank you for your comments. They motivate me. ^_^