Chapter Three

The Moment We Miss Each Other

Chapter Three


Junhyung was sitting in an airplane, watching through the round transparent glass as he saw a group of light grey clouds from above. The clouds slowly moved, pushed away by the wind, revealing an orange-red bright light, showing the peacefully alluring sunset. It was beautiful, wonderfully beautiful. He felt very lucky that he sat beside the window, having the chance to watch every panorama from it as the scenery was calmly astonishing.

In sudden, the plane became shaky. Junhyung turned to the passenger seats beside him, searching for answers but it was empty. He stood up, looking around. The other seats around him were all empty. There were not even a glimpse of stewards and stewardesses available. He was all alone in a shaky plane that looked like it would crash anytime soon.  Junhyung sat back to his seat, buckled up the seatbelt, feeling frightened. The shake became worse that he almost been thrown down from his seat but he managed to stay as the seatbelt was holding him to the seat strongly.

“Hyung,” he suddenly heard the loud shrieking voice called his name.

Junhyung looked around, searching for the source of the voice but there was no one around him. The voice sounded familiar. It was like a voice of someone who was always annoyed him in the morning.

“Hyung, wake up,” the voice call again.

The truth slowly came to Junhyung. This was not the real thing. It was a dream. He was dreaming. He could imagine that Yoseob was jumping joyfully on his bed just like he always did. He used to dance to ‘Change’ but after a while that elfin guy preferred jumping randomly on the bed.

Junhyung who was lying on the bed frowned and moaned as he turned his head and covered his ear with the edge of the pillow, refused to open his eyes.

Yoseob kept jumping on the bed, shaking the whole bed, trying to wake Junhyung up. “Hyung, wake up. Someone is at the front door,” Yoseob explained as he kept hoping on the bouncy bed.

Ding Dong!

The bell of the house rang. For Junhyung, that was the second most irritating sound after Yoseob’s voice.  

Junhyung groaned, annoyed that he had to wake up from his comfy bed. He slowly sat up, still closing his eyes, wishing he did not have to open them. His hair was a total mess and his face was swollen. However, none of these were noticed by Junhyung.

While the elfin Yoseob was still having fun, bouncing on the bed, laughing at Junhyung messy look.

“Stop it, Yoseob” Junhyung voiced out, slowly awaked.

Yoseob, the usual annoying idiot. I should have kicked you out of the bed last night. Junhyung thought, rubbing his both eyes. Yoseob? Junhyung eyes instantly flicked opened, quickly turned to the small build boy who was still hoping on his bed, laughing joyfully.

“What are you doing here?” Junhyung asked out of shocked, showing his surprised expression to Yoseob. He was supposed to vanish this morning. Why this little irritating boy was still here?

Yoseob slowly stopped jumping, frowning, thinking. “I don’t know, hyung,” he pouted. “But, there is something I want to tell you since last night,”

Ding Dong!

It rang for the second time.

Junhyung quickly turned around, towards the source of the sound. Yoseob could wait. He should attend the person who was waiting at the front door first. Before he did that, he checked his phone which was beside his pillow. The phone showed that it was already 2 o’clock in the evening. Junhyung sighed, thinking that he could sleep more. He usually woke up at 3 or 4 o’clock since he had nothing to be done. It was actually quite saving as he would be eating breakfast, lunch and dinner in just a meal. Junhyung stepped down from his bed, clumsily walked towards his front door.

 Junhyung did not even bother to see the small square screen located at his living room as he walked pass through it, going straight to the door. He did not even care who was outside. He just hoped that person would quickly go away after he opened the door.

Yoseob quickly jumped down from the bed and rushed to the front door, eagerly waiting for the door to be opened, wishing it would be someone from ‘list of people Yoseob want to meet’. When he woke up that morning, he spent most of the time listing the name of people that he wanted to meet in his head while waiting for Junhyung to wake up. He did not really know how long he had been dead but he knew it was long enough for him to miss everyone.

Casually, Junhyung turned the knob and pushed it forward, revealing a shorter man.

“Kiki,” Yoseob quickly rushed to his best friend, hugging him as his both arm wrapped around his chest. “Kiki, I miss you,” Yoseob said cheerfully in Kikwang’s shoulder, happy to see his precious friend.

Junhyung just looked at those two motionlessly. He didn’t think he missed Kikwang. Kikwang, his ex-roommate would come to him once in a while, passing messages from Papa Hong since he usually turned off his mobile connection because he did not want any distraction. He did not turn off the phone so he could play games in it or wrote notes and so on. Smartphone nowadays was a necessity, he could not live without it.

Back to Yoseob who looked like he really miss his ex-roommate. Maybe, his brain created Yoseob based on real Yoseob, analyzing who he would miss, what he would do and so on. Wow! His brain must have worked hard in creating Yoseob. So, that was why he could not release out any good ideas.

Kikwang suddenly smiled, showing his eye smiles.

Junhyung cocked one of his eye brows. That was weird. Kikwang rarely smiled when they met. “What is it?” he managed to ask.

“Nothing, I suddenly feel comfortably warm,” Kikwang answered simply, still smiling.

Junhyung frowned, unable to understand. But, he did not really care. “So, what make you come?”

“Owh, I want to pass the gifts from your fans,” Kikwang raised up his hand, showing two large paper bags in each of his hand.

Yoseob slowly released his hold from Kikwang, with a glance of tears in his eyes although he was smiling. He turned to Junhyung, looking at him with those hopeful eyes.

Ceh! This little guy must want something from me. Junhyung thought, looking away.

Yoseob quickly went to Junhyung, standing in front of him, as one of his fingers squeezed Junhyung shirt, tugging it. “Hyung, can Kiki stay here?”

“Don’t worry. The other two bags are for Yoseob,” Kikwang responsed as Junhyung did not seem pleased knowing that all the gifts were for him.

“For me?” Yoseob cheerfully turned his head around, happy to know that the gifts were also for him. However, it also simultaneously spoke out with Junhyung confusing word.

“What?” Junhyung was shocked with Yoseob’s sudden request. Junhyung eyes instantly widened, shocked with what just out form his mouth. ! He should not say that out loud but that was too shocking for him. Why would he want Kikwang to stay in his house? It was his house not Beast’s dorm. Pabo, pabo, pabo Yoseob. Junhyung thought. He should learn how to restrain himself from reacting to this annoying little guy.

Junhyung turned his sight to Kikwang uneasily, who looked surprised with his sudden act.

“I’m sorry. My mind is in mess,” Junhyung tried to explain the awkward situation.

Yoseob decided to stay quiet. He knew that Kikwang could not see him and he knew Junhyung would be angry because he was asking that question. Yoseob knew he had done a mistake and prepared himself in apologizing and being scolded. “I’m sorry, hyung,” he said softly, releasing his hold from Junhyung shirt.

Junhyung was boiling inside as he bit his inner cheek, trying his best to hide his anger from Kikwang. Well, he did not want anyone to call him insane and made him stay in a mental ward.

Kikwang expression eased as he smiled. “It’s okay. I have been warned about that,”

Junhyung frowned, suddenly felt anxious. Did Doojoon and Hyunseung tell him about what had happened last night? About him being crazy, trying to save a dead person from being hit by a car? Or maybe the story changed a bit. Maybe it was told that he was trying to kill himself while shouting the idiot’s name. “Who warn you?” Junhyung instantly asked with quite a high tone as he was anxiously curious.

Kikwang was a little startled to the sudden change in Junhyung tone.

Junhyung quickly noticed the change in Kikwang expression “I mean why someone would warn you about me,” Junhyung softened his tone.

Kikwang chuckled. “Well, Ilhoon told me that you look awful last night. He tries to talk to you but you keep staring at the blank wall,” Kikwang explained, trying to change the uncomfortable atmosphere. He could sense that Junhyung was just worried although he could not figure out why.

“Owh, yeah,” Junhyung simply replied. Now that he knew the answer, he felt a little bit better. At least that sounded less crazy than running towards a speeding car. “So, which one is for me?” Junhyung asked, looking at the paper bags.

“Here,” Kikwang shoved one of his hands to Junhyung as two paper bags were hanging in his hold.

Junhyung simply took them, not really curious about the content of the paper bags. While, Yoseob was squatting beside him, stared, getting ready to unload those paper bags.

“I’m going to visit Yoseob. Today is his death anniversary. Want to join me?” Kikwang asked although he could guess the most possible answer.

Junhyung never visit Yoseob grave although he cherish that adorable boy so much. He did not have the guts to face Yoseob yet. As Yoseob death anniversary was fell on Junhyung’s birthday, the older boy did not even want to remember his birthday. It had been 5 years since Yoseob death and Junhyung never allow anyone to wish him ‘Happy birthday’ except for the fans. He would spend his birthday by shutting himself in the house. No one knew what he would do when he was trapped in his house but Kikwang could guess that he was crying out loud, blaming himself for Yoseob’s death. Each time he came to Junhyung to pass the gifts given by the fans, Junhyung would look lifeless while his eyes would be badly swollen and red, as if he had cry for hours. Luckily, he never did anything stupid such as trying to suicide.

However, it was an exception for today. Junhyung did not look like he had cried. He just looked mess up as if he was just waked up from a wild sleeping position. He looked a bit cheerful compare to any other days, asking questions and showing different expression instead of just gloominess. Maybe, he had forgiven himself and accepted everything just the way they were. So, Kikwang was hoping that Junhyung would agree to his offer.

Yoseob now knew that today was his death anniversary which was also Junhyung birthday. Now, it made sense why Kikwang was passing him gifts. But, Yoseob was stuck between two things; going to his grave to see who would come or made a birthday party for Junhyung. But, he was a ghost now. He could not go out and buy things for the party. Maybe, he should go to his grave first and think about what to do about Junhyung birthday while visiting his grave. That sounded like a perfect plan.

“Nope,” Junhyung answered simply. He actually forgot that today was the death anniversary of that elfin boy. How can he forget? Junhyung turned to Yoseob who suddenly went to Kikwang, standing right beside him. Most probably because of his hallucination. He should give that irritating boy lesson after this. That would be weird, scolding Yoseob because of Yoseob.

“Okay then, I should be going,” Kikwang replied with his usual eyes smile as he turned around, walking to the elevator.

“Bye, Hyung,” Yoseob smiled, waved and quickly followed Kikwang steps cheerfully.

Junhyung just looked emotionlessly when he saw Yoseob was following Kikwang. Wait! Yoseob was following Kikwang? Why did that boy... Urghhh! “Yah! Where are you going?” Junhyung voiced out in an angry tone.

Kikwang quickly turned around, looking at Junhyung with his stunned expression.

Yoseob did the same thing, as his pointed at himself, a sign of asking whether Junhyung was talking to him.

Junhyung was blank and panic as he looked at Kikwang then Yoseob and turned back to Kikwang.

“I’m... going to Yoseob grave,” Kikwang stuttered, hesitated as he noticed how Junhyung eyes kept moving from looking at him.

Junhyung scratched at the back of his neck, confused. His mind was roaming around, searching for excuses. “Yeah, well...” he paused, thinking. “I suddenly...” Junhyung bit his lower lip as his eyes kept looking away from Kikwang, not knowing what to say.

“Hyung want to follow us?” Yoseob cheerfully suggested as he noticed that Junhyung was struggling with his words.

“Yeah! I want to follow you,” Junhyung immediately agreed, raising his pointing finger as if it was a brilliant idea. Then, he frowned, realizing what he had just said. He turned to Yoseob who was smiling cheerfully, as he looked at that little guy with his angry eyes. He could sense that Yoseob was celebrating it as that boy was smiling too goofily.

“You do?” Kikwang was shocked. Junhyung rarely changed his mind. He could feel that something was wrong with Junhyung. Was it bipolar?

Junhyung weakly nodded, feeling bad as if he had lost a battle. It felt much worse as the battle was with the idiot Yang Yoseob.

“Well, that’s good. But, I think you should wash your face and change your clothes first,” Kikwang recommended, not wanting Junhyung to walk out looking like a homeless.

“Okay, I will. Come in and wait in the living room. I’ll be ready shortly,” Junhyung explained in a weak tone as he walked away to his room with the paper bags in his hand, leaving the door opened.

Kikwang entered, bringing the other two paper bags, removed his shoes and wore the house slipper which was provided beside the shoe rack. Then, he noticed a new pair of house slippers. Is someone else come to the house? He thought as he knew Junhyung did not accept any other visitor than him. As he looked around, he noticed that Junhyung’s cats were not around.

“Hyung, where are Ray and Tiger?” Kikwang asked as he walked casually to the sofa, sitting on it.

“I send them to the cat care centre for few days,” Junhyung answered while he was still in the hallway, opening the door of his room.

Kikwang nodded, satisfied with the answer. Then, he turned back to the shoe rack and noticed that the previous house slippers were gone. He frowned, confused.

Junhyung could hear footsteps following him, feeling annoyed with it as he knew it was Yoseob. He closed the door shortly after Yoseob entered the room. He needed privacy from Kikwang as he did not want that guy to think he was crazy when he talked to Yoseob.

“What is that about?” Junhyung started with a low voice, almost whispering to Yoseob who was right in front of him while showing his fierce expression to Yoseob.

“About what?” Yoseob blankly replied as he truly did not understand the true situation.

Junhyung felt angrier but he quickly inhaled, controlling himself. “You are...” he paused, thinking again about his action. Maybe this was not a good moment to release his anger as Kikwang was in the house. Junhyung closed his eyes, gently inhaled and exhaled, reducing his anger. It’s okay Yong Junhyung. You will have the time to teach this imp later. He thought as he slowly opened his eyes, looking at Yoseob who was looking at him with his usual round naive eyes.

Junhyung gradually smiled, noticing how adorable Yoseob could be. He ruffled the younger boy’s hair gently before he walked to the drawer, taking his towel and went to the bathroom. “So, what did you want to tell me?” Junhyung asked as he left the bathroom door opened. He suddenly remembered that Yoseob wanted to tell him something before he opened the door for Kikwang before.

Yoseob followed Junhyung and stood at the entrance of the bathroom. “Happy birthday, hyung,” Yoseob said cheerfully, showing his cute adorable smile.

Junhyung who was splashing water to his face paused as he turned to Yoseob. “That’s it,” he raised his eyebrows while his heart silently admired Yoseob’s smile. Now, Junhyung remembered how he could fall to this boy.

Yoseob shook his head, looking down, playing with his fingers.

“So, what is it?” Junhyung turned back to the sink, continued splashing the cold water to his face.

Yoseob kept looking down, hesitated. “Please grant my wish, hyung,”


 

 

Author’s note:

*yawn*
I’m truly grateful that I can finish a chapter today.
This chapter don’t have any specific emotion. It’s not sad, nor happy.
It’s just one of important parts for the story.
So, I hope you are not disappointed with this chapter.

Thanks for subscribing and commenting and upvoting.
Love ya~