Chapter One

The Moment We Miss Each Other

 

It’s a short testing chapter. I plan to make it longer next time.


Junhyung was sitting at a chair, a table before him while one of his hands was holding a pen, tapping it on the papers that sprawled across the table. His other fist was supporting his head, as his mind was in a very deep thought.

The room temperature was warm and cosy despite the cold windy weather that day. The room’s window was closed by a blind that never been opened since Junhyung stayed in the room. He disliked distraction. It made him distress and stuck especially when he could not produce any good song for years. None of them become a hit song. Then, he stopped composing and writing lyrics. It had been 3 years since he produced any song.

However, Papa Hong had been distressing him about the responsible that he had for the company and Beast, emphasizing how other members were working so hard to earn while he was doing nothing. Then, he used that name, Yang Yoseob, a name that he did not want to hear. He usually quickly avoided the situation when people started using the name but he could not run away from Papa Hong.  

He hated it when people used Yoseob to manipulate him. He loathed it so much that he felt like stabbing the person until he stopped talking. Most of all, he hated it when they succeeded in influencing him using that name.

Yang Yoseob. An annoying little guy yet always gained the attention from others. He had an irritating loud laugh and will even laugh even the joke was lame. He would always smile dumbly even to haters and strangers. He was a guy that would repeatedly annoy the members if he sensed something was wrong. He would do unexpectedly stupid things just to gain others’ laughter, just to lift up the mood. He was someone who would do anything for others, always thinking of others before himself. He was always there for others. He was always there when he was in trouble. He was there when he needed him.

Junhyung closed his eyes, trying not to think about the elfin guy. He had been in the room for three days and he could not even come out with a proper word or melody. This was not the time to think about that guy. He should be thinking about his own trouble.

But, Yoseob was always there when he was in trouble. Previously, in this type of situations, Yoseob would be sitting right beside him, giving suggestion and his personal opinion. He was always an encouragement for Yong Junhyung, the lyric writer and composer. Despite the childish look, Yoseob had a mature thought and was always inspiring.

“Hyung,” a familiar voice called him softly.

Junhyung opened his eyes, a little bit startled. He sighed and rubbed his temple using his pointing and index fingers, frowning because of the sudden ache that spread through his head.

“Hyung, are you okay?” the voice kindly asked him, sounded worried.

Junhyung took a glance at his phone, unlocked it just to read the time. It was 1 hour after midnight. It was almost 4 days he was away from any good rest and sleep. He was exhausted, physically and mostly mentally. Because of that, he had started to have hallucination, a frustrating one.

“Hyung, you look pale,” the voice worriedly spoke, trembling, as if he was at the edge of crying.

Junhyung instantly stood up, turning away from the source of the voice and went to the door. He opened the door and walked to the hallway, to the vending machine. Maybe some sugar would help his brain worked properly. Plus, he didn’t have any proper meal recently.

He was closed to the vending machine and someone was standing in front of it. That person was his junior, Ilhoon.

“Hyung,” Ilhoon cheerfully waved although he looked obviously tired with those dark circles and eyebags. It had been years since they met because Junhyung was disappearing for three years, avoiding others until recently when Papa Hong called him to his office.

Junhyung raised his hand and curved a small smile.

“Ilhoonie!” Junhyung heard the mesmerizing yet irritating voice screamed out the name. Then, he heard running footsteps from his back until he saw the expected figure rushed to Ilhoon and wrapped his arms around the younger boy’s neck. Junhyung kept walking casually closer to Ilhoon.

“I miss you,” the person exclaimed as he still hugging Ilhoon.

Junhyung ignored what he thought his hallucination. I must have been missing Ilhoon. He thought.

“Coke?” Ilhoon asked shortly, struggling as if he was out of breath as he pointed to the vending machine.

Junhyung nodded calmly, not noticing the strange act. “As usual,”

The person who was holding Ilhoon slowly released his hold, revealing his small childish face. Junhyung kept staring at that person, thinking how similar he looked with the real Yoseob. He was wearing that baby blue sweater, a thick grey cardigan on top of it and black jean for the lower part, the apparel that Yoseob wore during his death. Junhyung continued to look down and noticed that Yoseob was barefoot. It was not surprising. Yoseob was wearing an earmuff and slipper at that time and he lost them during the accident.

How can he remember all these details? His brain must have interpreted that whatever Yoseob wore was important, especially that day, the day where he was supposed to be happy and laughing, the day when he was expecting wonderful things to happen, to him, to Beast and to Yoseob.

Junhyung kept staring. He noticed the tears at Yoseob’s slightly cherry cheek, his red nose and how moist and teary his eyes were. He was crying. Yoseob was crying.

“Hyung,” Ilhoon loud call killed Junhyung’s thought.

Junhyung turned his sight to the younger boy, giving him a weak tiring look.

“Here,” Ilhoon offered a can of coke to Junhyung. “My treat,” the younger boy smiled weakly as if something bad just happened.

“Thanks,” Junhyung took the can and turned back his sight to Ilhoon gloomy expression. “Are you okay?” He was worried because Ilhoon lost his usual smile.

Ilhoon shook his head. “I’m fine,” as he tried to curve a smile but it turned out dull.

Junhyung turned his sight to Yoseob, just to check on his expression. It startled him when they made eye contact as Yoseob was looking at him too. But, Junhyung did not glance away as he kept looking at Yoseob facial expression.

It was a heartbreaking expression. Yoseob was crying silently, staring at him, with his depressing innocent red eyes. Yoseob was always a crybaby and still a crybaby. Junhyung hated it, the fact that Yoseob was crying. Although he did not know the real reason, it was still depressing and frustrating for him.

“Hyung,” another loud call from Ilhoon. “Hyung, can’t you hear me?” he half-shouted, sounded upset.

Junhyung quickly turned to Ilhoon, who looked really depressed.

“Hyung, you should go home and rest,” Ilhoon suggested although it sounded like an instruction.

“I agree,” Yoseob exclaimed, unexpectedly became energetic. “You should rest. Health come first before work, hyung,” Junhyung heard Yoseob said while he tried his best to keep looking at Ilhoon.

Junhyung looked at the red coke can in his hand. Ilhoon was right. He should rest. A very good one, so he could pump out excellent ideas for the songs. He turned to Yoseob, who was looking at him innocently. The person who kept making Junhyung irritated since he appeared. And make him disappears.


 

 

Author’s note:

Can you do me a favour?
Can you tell me what you think about this chapter?
About my writing style, characters or anything.
Please...

Thank you subscribers for subscribing.