006

[DISCONTINUED] Sweet Like Rain
Practicing. Thats what i'll do. I do not need any special talent to show. As long as i don't mess up with the random dance part of the show, i know the mock would lessen. 
 
Practice. Thats what manager-hyung advised us to do. He said that it would be better if one messes up than everyone makes the mistake. We all give our all in our dance practice. We all push through it even if break time's 8 hours ago. 
 
"Okay guys, thats it! Get in the grove. front left left left, right, left!!" Instructed our choreographer. And surprisingly, i do not mess up. I managed a small smile and continued with practice.
 
---4 hours later---
 
We all huff and puff from the 16 hour straight practice we did today. We all sit on our individual corners on our room while we watch either our legs tremble, or the dew run down from our water bottles. 
 
"Well .. I'm going home guys. I need sleep." Dongwoo said. Cutting off the silence. 
"Me too .. I'm tired like hell." Hoya added and walked out from our practice room. 
"Ahh i'll go home too. Bye." Sungyeol said while standing up. Myungsoo and Sungjong followed him without saying a good bye.
Woohyun and i are the only ones left. He just sat there looking tired and defeated. He had a blank stare in his eyes, just like what he usually does when he's tired. I tapped his shoulder and he didn't respond. I tapped him again and this time, he looked at me. 
"Y-yes hyung?" 
"Hyun .. You should go home. You look like you'll pass out soon." I said. He just nodded and slowly stood up and left. But stopped in his tracks when he noticed i'm not going along with him. 
"Hyung.." He called out. "Aren't you coming? I know you're tired." He said.
"Naah, not really." I answered. "I'll just .. Stay here for awhile and drain more of my energy. I don't feel like i really did a lot today." 
"Oh .. Sure hyung. Just be sure to sleep." 
I nodded. "Sure hyunnie, night."
 
Woohyun left and now i'm alone at our practice room. I got up again, played the music and started dancing. I grabbed the remote of the music player and started playing random parts of the song. I stumble on some parts of it, but i quickly get my rhythm back. I clicked another button in the remote and a random part of the song plays. My focus is on the song and so i didn't realize that someone else was on the room until i wad pinned down on the floor with my wrists above my head. 
 
"Wha--" my mouth was suddenly clamped closed by the mystery man's hands and i cant speak. I tried to see who it was but the lights were on my eyes. 
 
"I see you're practicing late gyu." I familiar voice said. 
I bit the man's hands and i heard him yelped in pain. My eyes adjusted a little to the lights and i finally got a clear view of the perpetrator. 
"S-shin hyung?" 
"Hi gyu." He said with a grin. "I see you're up late again."
"What the hell?! You scared the hell out of me!!" I yelled. He unbinds my wrists from his rock-hard grip and sat beside me. I just laid down on the floor while shin-hyung scrunches his eyes and yawns. 
"Yah gyu." He called out.
"Yes hyung?" I answered.
"Why are you up here when its late?"
"We have a weekly idol shoot tomorrow." I said. "And i just have to make sure i don't mess up tomorrow." 
"Thats it?" He said.
"Well .. Yeah. Thats just about it." 
"You don't want to impress them? The inspirits? The hosts?" 
"Well i do .. I just don't have anything to show them." 
"What if .. I help you impress them?" He said.
I slowly sat up. "H-how?" 
"you know Hoya and dongwoo's dance solo?" He asked and i nodded.
"What about it?" I asked.
He grinned mischievously. "Oh nothing gyu .. Oh nothing .."
"S-sure?" 
 
-------------------------
 
Shin hyung and i stayed up all night perfecting the random dancing part and also Hoya and dongwoo's dance solo for the song. I must admit, i am quite tired now and sleep would be so pleasant. And its raining too .. 
 
Rain .. 
 
Its been awhile since i heard it. But right now, i need to focus on what i'll do. Hoya and dongwoo's dance solo is a big challenge for me.  
I sat there in my usual seat at the van while i listen to our new song over and over again and moving my feet to the song. We soon arrive at the studio and head over to our private room and got changed. Stylist-noona made sure again that my burns wouldn't show even if i wont be wearing a sleeveless shirt. 
 
Shin hyung said that he'd take care of 'everything' about the dance break that i'll do, and it clearly shows. Because noona just made me wear tight pants and a loose shirt with holes in them that shows my bear skin. I insisted that i wear a shirt underneath, but she said it will lose the charm.
 
"N-noona .. A-are y-you .. S-sure?" I asked. Feeling a little uncomfortable with my pants. 
"But you look y gyu. Besides, its not my arrangement. Its.. " she whispered. "Shin-hyung's." 
"Y-yeah i k-know." 
"You should, because if it were up to me i'd make sure you wear tighter jeans and be topless." 
"W-wha--?"
"You know .. You're the only one who's wearing such a y outfit." She said.
"D-do you .. R-really have to t-tell m-me t-that?!!" I yelled again but she shushed me. 
"Uhh .. No." 
"Then why did you?!" 
"No reason." She said while smirking. "I just like seeing you like a newbie macho dancer."
"W-what??" 
"Oh nothing~" she said and waddled away.
 
People .. I do not understand them. 
 
-------------------------
 
Sunggyu-hyung's clothes is something i'd like to call .. Distracting. 
He's wearing such tight pants and he looks uncomfortable. The pants his wearing's outlining everything in his lower region. And when i say everything, i mean EVERYTHING. He wears a shirt with many holes in them that shows his bare milky white skin but if i may say .. I do like it. 
 
"Nee hyung .. What are you doing?" Dongwoo-hyung innocently asked while he eyes the leader who's covering his lower half with a jacket. 
"Uhh .. Can you .. G-go a-away dongwoo?" 
"And why hyung? You look good! You should be proud!" He said.  Dongwoo then eyed sunggyu-hyung's lower half again while sunggyu-hyung shifts uncomfortably but then .. Dongwoo hyung suddenly grabbed the jacket from sunggyu-hyung and started running away. 
"Y-yah!!" Sunggyu hyung yelled while he ran after dongwoo. 
 
Dongwoo threw the jacket high above a nearby cabinet and sunggyu hyung leaped and stretched his hand up to reach the thrown jacket. Whenever he stretches his hand up high, his shirt rides up and the brand of his boxer shorts and his bare hips shows up. I looked at the members and saw them staring at the sight wide-eyed while biting their lower lips. I smirked. It looks like sunggyu-hyung got everyone's attention. 
 
"Guys! We're on!" The staff yelled. Snapping us from our distracted trance. 
'Wake up sungjong.' I told myself. 'You need to focus. You cant mess up the random dancing.' 
 
We all exited our private room and went to the studio once stylist noona confirmed that our appearances are all perfect. I caught her whisper something to sunggyu-hyung and sunggyu-hyung just looked down and turned bright red. What the hell is up with those two? Doesn't anyone know that sunggyu-hyung's mine? No one? Well .. I'm saying it right now. He's mine. Mine and only mine. 
 
We all walked inside of the recording studio once the introductions of our group were done. We all bowed down and said our hello's to the viewers and were asked to sit on the tall chairs they've prepared for us. 
 
They started discussing some of the issues we had but made sure to put some comedic antics in it so that it wont be so serious. The MCs complimented us with our clothes but paid specific attention to sunggyu-hyung's clothing. They even raised his shirt full of holes to see if the rumors are true that he had abs. But before they could confirm it, sunggyu-hyung quickly pulled his shirt down, retreated to a corner, and crouched down while holding his fists into his head in embarrassment. Woohyun hyung walked over to sunggyu-hyung and patted his back while laughing with everyone.
 
They all made fun of each member but it seems that they did more with sunggyu-hyung. We all went along with the skits they do to him but because sunggyu-hyung seems to be able to put himself up in front of a camera, it looks like all the things they said were nothing to him. 
 
We were all feeling a little better and much more relaxed when they suddenly announced that they'd do random dancing now. All of us uncomfortably shifted on our seats but we all made sure it isn't obvious.
They moved the chair back, and we all went to our positions.
 
'This is it jong.' I told myself. 'Its time to focus.' 
 
They played our new song and we all dance perfectly in sync to it. They suddenly play a different part of the song, and we all hurry to our new positions and danced to the rhythm. I look around and found that none of us had made a mistake. When suddenly ..
 
"Ahh! Dance master dongwoo and hoya made a mistake!" One of the MCs yelled. Evidently making all of us lose our focus. Dongwoo hyung just playfully ruffled his hair in frustration and sat on one of the tall chairs while hoya-hyung pat his back while chuckling. The MCs made a comment saying that they didn't expect that the two would be the first ones to go out. They said that they expected that it would be sunggyu-hyung but if i may quote "a leader's got to prove something right?" Sunggyu-hyung just meekly smiled. 
 
After awhile of pointing this and that about dongwoo and hoya-hyung's mistake, we get back on random dancing. They play another random part of the song and we all run to our new position. I almost bumped to woohyun-hyung, but he easily avoided me. We all danced our parts and they changed the parts of the song twice before someone makes a mistake. And this time, it was sungyeol and me. "Crap .." I mumbled. 
 
Without another word, i walked towards the tall chairs with my head hung down, and sat down, pissed, with sungyeol hyung. 
 
"That was .. Incredibly fast." He said. 
"Yeah .. It surprisingly was." I stated. 
 
The MCs now jumped up and down because it looked like an intense battle. They say whoever wins this will be crowned as the dance king. Which sounds like bull to me. The battle is now between (as i quote) the aegyo prince, the angel faced, and the beggar. And yes, the beggar was sunggyu-hyung. He got this name because of the clothes he's wearing that's full of holes. But even if they say he looks like a beggar, i know that everyone in the room disagrees. Sunggyu-hyung looks y. They just said that to ease the tension. It is kinda hard to stop yourself from pouncing on him because of his revealing clothes. 
 
The battle looks ironic for me. Because in my eyes, its the fiend, versus the hero, and sunggyu-hyung? He's more like what the hero will protect. And in real life, its just like this. I managed a small grin. This all look too silly for me.
 
They all look nervous and tense. They play another part of the song and the three move around to their positions and danced perfectly, powerfully, and in sync. We all watched them in awe. None of them has made a mistake yet and its amazing. The management, seeing that none will make a mistake soon, made a few adjustments to make things a little bit more interesting. They changed the parts of the songs faster than before, and went back and forth with it. They played a certain part over and over again, and the three were forced to do the tiring move over and over again. Beads of sweat decorated their faces but they still danced to the song as fast as they could because now, they played the song faster than it normally should. 
 
They were all doing fine when suddenly, woohyun-hyung lost his balance and fell. And judging by the way he fell, it looks like he twisted something. But he just pretended that he isn't injured. After all, woohyun-hyung is good at hiding things. And yes, no one noticed. Well .. Except for me. 
 
They continued the random dance. Myungsoo, ready for any challenge, and sunggyu-hyung, looking a little nervous. The management played another part of the song. But myungsoo and sunggyu-hyung froze at their tracks when the dance solo of hoya and dongwoo-hyung played. No one knew how to dance that part because well .. You have to have appeal and great dancing skills. And only hoya and dongwoo-hyung had at least one checked out from those two criteria. Maybe even both. 
 
Myungsoo took a step back so that he'd he less humiliated than the leader would be. When suddenly, sunggyu-hyung started dancing. 
 
We all watched him with our jaws dropped as he seductively gaze at the camera and do a y body wave while raising his shirt up, revealing his milky chest and stomach. surprisingly, he doesn't seem a bit embarrassed by it. He took a few steps back, ily ruffled his hair while biting his lower lip and winked. The females inside the studio let out a squeal with the hidden side that sunggyu-hyung is showing. He then started dancing the break dance with a little bit of e and there just like how hoya and dongwoo used to do it, but only ier and better and somewhat .. Revised for sunggyu-hyung's appeal. 
 
We were all lost at the moment and so, when the dance part ended, we all feel like a typhoon just passed by but didn't feel it. I swear, i will download this episode and play sunggyu-hyung's dance part, over and over again. I look at the other members and saw most of them with lust filled eyes. Except for woohyun-hyung and dongwoo-hyung. They looked shocked. I eyed myungsoo and he looked both pissed and . Pissed, because someone just stole his spotlight. And he hates that. , because .. Well .. Who wouldn't be? 
 
We all clapped our hands and cheered for hyung when we realized that the performance was over. we were informed after the show that we were just staring at sunggyu-hyung for 17 minutes. And those 17 minutes were apparently precious air time. 
 
Now that the performance is over, sunggyu-hyung seems embarrassed about the things he showed and did. The camera man then replayed the part when he raised his shirt up while doing a y wave, revealing his bear upper half, and sunggyu hyung just crouched down yet again, closed his eyes, and put his fists up on his head. Woohyun-hyung just approached him, crouched down beside him, and patted his back.
 
" i didnt know you can .. D-do t-that." Woohyun-hyung said while the room was being filled with cheers and squeals. Visibly flustered. 
"Y-yeah .. Neither d-did I" he answered. 
"Well .. Now that you've exposed the body of yours that you've kept hidden all this time, and heck hyung, i didn't know you had that too, looks like more people would be screaming your name and .. You might trend as a topic  once this episode airs." Woohyun-hyung explained. "Looks like i'll have a rival for attention now with the inspirits." He added while clicking his tongue.
 
Sunggyu-hyung just ruffled woohyun-hyung's hair  "but i think i'll win though."  He said with a smirk. 
"Aiigh hyung. You've become cocky now." 
"Naah hyun, i'm kidding.i don't think i'll win against you."  
"Well, thats good to hear, but my hair's all poof now thanks to you." 
"Sorry .. But not sorry."
"What?!"
"I'm kidding!!" He said in a defensive position. "I mean you could ask stylist noona to fix that." 
 
The two kept on talking and talking without even realizing that everyone is now listening to them. Everyone kept silent while we eavesdrop on their convo. Their convo sounded very childish and so, everyone has to hold their laughter in. But then, Dongwoo hyung suddenly started laughing loudly.
 
"S-sorry!"*laugh* "i c-couldn't!!" 
"Aishh dongwoo." Said one of the MCs. "Something juicy was about to come out!! Aisshh .. Now we don't have anything to black mail them!" 
Everyone bursts in to laughter while the MC throws a tantrum. Sunggyu-hyung and woohyun-hyung just awkwardly laughed along with us. 
 
The rest of the shooting went well. They even asked us, because of sunggyu-hyung's beast-idol like dance, if were planning to change concept since most of us has the body for it. 
 
"Oh wait, sungjong doesnt." One of the MC said. I just smiled a little and laughed although it is anything but laughable. I cant believe because of  Sunggyu-hyung, i got humiliated. I'll make sure he'll pay for it. 
 
The show ended and everyone packed up and went to their schedules. And because we recently made our comeback, we have 14 music shows waiting for us. 
 
I went to our van, not even caring if woohyun-hyung cant even walk properly anymore. 
 
-------------------------
 
' i cant walk. Much less dance.' I mentally scolded myself. I should've been more careful. We have 14 music shows today and i sprained my foot. I don't think i can dance. But i have to. I cant let everyone down. Especially that we just recently had our comeback, we cant be missing a member. 
 
I slid myself out from the van. Careful not to move my foot in any uncomfortable position. 
 
"Hyun, you ok? You seem .. Hurt." Sunggyu-hyung said while watching me as i try not to make sure that my sprain's not obvious. 
"I'm fine hyung. You should go to noona now before she scolds you for being late again." I casually said. Hiding the pain in my voice.
"Yah, i was never late for anything!"
"Well you will be if you don't hurry up."
"F-fine! I'll go!!" 
 
I slowly walked towards our private room while i silently pray that no one will notice.
 
-------------------------
 
"H-hyung .. Let me .. I can d-do i-it" 
"Hyun, when i say no, its a no."
"B-but .. I ca--"
"No!" 
He sighed. He clearly looked disappointed. 
"I'm sorry hyun. But you're hurt. It just might get worse if you perform today." 
He just nodded and limped his way back to a sofa. 
 
Woohyun sprained his ankle when we did the random dancing earlier today and he still planned to perform today. Its a good thing i noticed his weird walk. I thought at first that it was nothing. But when i decided to lightly nudge it with my foot, he suddenly groaned loudly in pain. 
 
I walked towards the disappointed woohyun and patted his head. 
"When you get better, and i'm sure you will, i will give you the responsibility to book all of the music shows you want to be in so that you can dance as much as you want to." 
"Really hyung?" 
"Yes really. Now don't be sad and make sure you heal fast."  
He smiled at me and i smiled back. But our smiles disappeared when they called for us to go back stage. 
"Heal up fast hyunnie." 
"I will hyung." 
 
Without woohyun around, infinite feels incomplete, and the energy seems to die down a little. And also, with another vocal lead missing, i was forced to sing his parts. Meaning twice more of octaves than i usually sing.They insisted that we don't sing live since woohyun isn't going to perform. But we have to stick to our standards as idols who sing live all the time. By the time we ended our schedule, my throat feels hoarse and dry. And speaking's awfully hard. I made a mental note to drink ginseng tea later to relax my throat. 
 
"Hyung .. You're awfully quiet today. Whats up?" Dongwoo asked while we ride the van to the practice room for yes, more practice.
I just grabbed my phone and wrote in the notes app.
'My throat hurts' i typed. 
"Ahh .. So your throat hurts .. I think you sang too much hyung. Especially that you had to sing hyunnie's parts too." 
I took a glance at woohyun and found him looking guilty. I smacked dongwoo when i saw the state that woohyun is. 
"Ow hyung! What was that for?!" 
'You made hyun feel bad.' I wrote. 
"I did?!"
'Yeah you did, do you really have to blurt what i wrote out loud?!'
"S-sorry .."
'Its fine, but tell him i'm fine.' 
"H-hyun .. Sunggyu said that he's fine." 
"Oh yeah? Why did he have to tell you to tell me? Cant he just say it?!" Woohyun yelled. He seemed mad.
 
I sat straight and tried to ignore the throbbing pain in my throat.
"I'm fine hyun." I said although my voice sounds hoarse. "No need to w-worry." 
"Who said i'm worried? And no hyung, you don't sound fine." 
"o-oh .." I suddenly started to roughly cough and i clamp my mouth with my hands. "You ok hyung?" Hoya asked and i just nodded. 
 
We soon arrived at the company building where we practice and headed to our practice room. However, woohyun was instructed to go home. 
 
We practiced again till our bodies ached and i didn't utter a single word. Hours passed, and practice was already over. And so, the members showered and went home. I was the last one to stay at the practice room since everyone's already gone. I grabbed my spare change of clothes when i was suddenly pinned hard with my chest against the wall with my right hand behind me, and my left hand above my head. I tried to squirm away but the grip of the person just got harder. I tried to yell for help but my throat feels like its being torn apart whenever i try to say anything. 
 
I thought it was shin-hyung again, but then .. Shin-hyun would never trail kisses down my neck. 
 
"You shouldn't have done that dance on weekly idol hyung. Now you're gonna get punished."  
-------------------------
upvote upvote
subscribe subscribe
comment comment