005

[DISCONTINUED] Sweet Like Rain
"Hm? What is it hoya?" Sunggyu-hyung asked while gnawing on his starless stick. I hung my mouth open, ready to say the whole truth to him. That all this, is happening to him because of his  selfish members. "Hyung .." 
"Yes?" He answered while kicking his legs into the air. 
 
"Hyung ... you see--" 
"Look Hoya!! a rabbit!!" 
"Wha--?" 
 
Sunggyu hyung sprinted towards a rustling bush before i could ever say what i have been thinking over for the past 2 weeks. I just sat there, defeated by his childishness. After awhile of "yah!!" And "ow!!" Sunggyu hyung finally came out of the darkness covered in dirt and is grinning widely. But in his hands, he holds his 'trophy'. A while rabbit. 
 
"Looks like its lost Hoya." He said while patting its head in which the rabbit didn't find to its liking and scratched his hand. "Ow!!" 
"Looks like it hates you hyung." I said while chuckling. 
"Well, i'm not really liked by animals so off."
"Aigoo, hyung's cussing now?"
"Oh shut up Hoya." 
 
We sat there in the silence for awhile, reminiscing the sweet rustling of the trees and the gentle blow of the wind. Sunggyu hyung's still trying to tame the animal of a rabbit while i connect stars with my eyes. 
"So .. Thats virgo .. And .. I'm pretty sure thats mars up there." I turn to my right and found that Sunggyu hyung's the one who's speaking while caressing the rabbit's sleeping figure. Looks like he did tame the devil. 
"Hm? I didn't know you know about the heavenly bodies hyung." 
"Well .. You'd be surprised by the things i know .. Well .. If you know what i mean .." He said while putting a seductive look on his face. I lightly smacked his head and said "you're being stupid hyung." 
"Oh Hoya .. If only you knew .. " he answered while slowly shaking his head. 
I looked down at the sleeping rabbit but found countless scratches at Sunggyu hyung's hands. 
"Hyung .. Your hand." 
"Oh .. This? Its nothing. It doesn't even hurt." He simply answered. 
"Why did you even took that thing? It only hurt you." 
"Well .. Sometimes you have to get hurt if you really want something. And hell Hoya, i've always wanted a rabbit. Yah, did you know how pissed i was when sungjong got a fish? How come he's allowed to keep pets and i'm not?" He said while furrowing his eyebrows and pursing his lips in anger as he recollect the memory of the dead fish. 
"See? He didn't even took care of it! it died in the end!" He yelled. Making the rabbit jolt out of its sleeping state. 
"Oh .. Sorry hyunnie"
"Hyunnie?" I asked. Astounded. "You named it after Woohyun hyung?!" I laughed while he watches me in embarrassment while i clutch my stomach. 
"Hyung!!" *laugh* "why?!!" 
"Well .. It reminded me of him ok. He was as stubborn as this rabbit during our trainee days. Maybe even more." He explained. 
"Awww, thats cute hyung."
"Please Hoya, don't make me sound like a kid." He said while narrowing his eyes at me. 
I ruffled his hair. "Well you dont know, but you have a natural aegyo." I explained. "Well .. Sometimes your like a fire-breathing dragon when we practice." I said with a little imitation of a dragon. "But most of the time, you're like a soft puppy. So vulnerable and so cute."
"Oh, so you're saying i'm weak now hoya? Thanks .. Thanks a bunch." He said.
I chuckled "thats not really what i meant hyung."  
"Sure .. Sure why not." He answered with a hint of sarcasm. 
After awhile of silence, i suddenly felt my shoulders bearing a heavy weight. I looked at my right and found sunggyu hyung's head resting in them while clutching his 'hyunnie' in his arms. 
I squirmed a little, careful not to wake him up, and looked at my watch that lies in my right hand.
"2:37am" it says. I lightly nudged the sleeping hyung beside me so that we can go home. 
"Hyung .." I whispered closely into his ear. "Wake up, lets go home." 
"Hmmm .. 5 more .. Minutes .. " he said. 
"Thats the fifth time you said that hyung." I stated. However, he didn't answer. He just fell further into a deep slumber. Running out of ideas on how to wake him up, i just decided to carry him on my back to the van. I whistle while i carry his surprisingly light body. We passed by the ahjumma's ice cream shop and i saw her there sweeping the floor. 
 
 
"Oh Hoya!" She greeted. After all, she is very fond of me. She says i'm good looking. 
"You on your way home?" She asked and i nodded. "Yeah, we chilled at the park. But it seems like we chilled too much. Its already morning." I answered. 
"I see gyu's already asleep. And is that .. A rabbit?" She asked.
"Yeah .. He found it at the bushes." 
"Aigoo .. He's covered in dirt too. Aissh. Are you sure he's already in his 20's? He acts like he's 4." 
I smiled. "Yeah, i'm pretty sure he's in his 20's" 
We both laughed, but our facade of laughter soon vanished with a question that caught me off guard.
 
"Did you tell him what you need to say?" She asked, cutting my laughter. 
"How did you--" 
"I know many things Hoya. So, did you?"
"I .. I didnt." I honestly told her.
"Hmm .. Thats a shame .." 
"Ahjumma, honestly, how did you kno--"
"Hoya its late, take gyu home. I'm pretty sure your manager's like a raging bull now. Making him wait like that for so long .. You bad kid."
"o-oh yeah!!" 
 
I immediately dashed off with Sunggyu-hyung on back. Soon, with all the leg-power i could muster, we finally found the parked van. Without any questions, we drove home. Not noticing that the rabbit that sunggyu-hyung wanted dashed off.
 
--------------------- 
 
Our comeback's scheduled 2 weeks from now. Like everyone else, the boys are worried for their hyung. No, not in the way that he might get sick again, or that he might not be welcomed back warmly by fans, no. They're worried by the fact that he might mess it up again. And in practice, he has been. A lot. 
 
"Yah, Sunggyu. Its to the left!! Not right!! remember, front left left left, right, left!!" The choreographer said. Sunggyu-hyung just re-tries the step and finally gets it. But when the whole group tries, he messes up. Sometimes, i hear the boys murmur if he's doing it on purpose. i asked him once if he does, but he gives me a look of embarrassment and says: "of course not." 
 
"Hey, its break-time!" Manager hyung said while peering his head into the door and tapping on his phone. The boys gave a tired sigh and went on their own corners in the practice room while waiting for food to come. 
 
I saw sunggyu-hyung there, sitting in his own corner away from everyone. He's wiping the sweat off of his face and his feet seems to be trembling a little. He leaned his head at the wall and closed his eyes. I grabbed an ice-cold water and walked towards him. I pressed the cold bottle against his forehead making his eyes flutter open. 
 
"Thirsty hyung?" I asked. He smiled and grabbed the bottle.
"Thanks hyun." He said and drank the contents of the bottle in one go. 
 
I sat beside him and waited for our lunch to come. And when it did, we both frowned with what we saw. 
"Chicken ." I stated. "Its these plastic things again. Are these even food?" I asked and he laughed. 
"Its either you eat it, or you dont." He said. 
I pouted and forced the plastic of a food down my throat. Every bite feels like teeth against rock. 
"I want to eat something else hyung." I said. " i want steak!!" I yelled.
"I don't think manager-hyung would like that." He answered. 
"Oh! I want roasted potatoes and strawberry sundae. And lasagnia, carbonara, and pizza!! Definitely pizza!! Oh! And--"
"Maybe you shouldn't talk about food hyunnie. You're making people drool here." He said. 
 
"Oh .. Then lets talk about something else ... Hmmm oh yeah, hyung i've been wondering, what do you do up there at the rooftop when it rains?" 
 
Sunggyu-hyung looked at me with a hard expression. But soon, his hard expression changed into a soft one. 
"I just love the rain hyunnie." He said. "So much that i just have to see it whenever its here. May it be morning or evening, as long as it rains, i'll be there." 
I narrowed my eyes at him. For some reason, i do not believe his reason. I feel like theres more to it than what he says. I made a mental note that i'd sneak up on him one day when he's there. 
 
"Lunch is over guys!" Manager-hyung yelled. We all stood up, threw the food that we recently ate at the trash bins, stretched a little so that we wont get cramps when we dance, played our come-back song, and danced, with no rests what so ever, for the next 7 hours.
 
What a nice day. 
-----------------------
 
Comeback's tonight and i'm worried. What if i'm not good enough? What if i mess up again? What if i forgot to sing my lines? What if i choke on my high notes? What if .. What if .. I just have a lot of "what ifs" but i shouldn't really worry .. They say that the chances of you messing up goes higher when you worry. So i'll just chill for now and hope for the best. 
 
--- 7 hours later ---
 
I sit beside woohyun while leaning my head against the glass window. Sungyeol took my seat. He tripped me before i could get to it. The boys just laugh at me while i patted the dust off of my pants.
 
Hoya: nee hyung, you nervous?
Sunggyu: a bit. But i think i'll be fine. 
Dongwoo: nee hyung, Are you .. Feeling fine? Does anything hurt?
Sunggyu: yes, i'm all fine. 
Hoya: tell us if you want to back out from the performance.
Sunggyu: seriously guys, i'm fine. Stop fussing. 
Dongwoo: whatever you say hyung~~ 
 
We soon arrived at the studio where we'll perform and to our surprise, reporters are flocking the area. A famous boy-group's there, flaunting their faces in front of the cameras. But the media doesn't seem to take notice of them.  
 
"Whats that?" Sungjong asked.
"I think they're here for us." Said myungsoo.
"For us or for sunggyu-hyung?" Clarified sungyeol. 
"Well whatever guys, lets just do our best in our come-back so that we can celebrate later with meat." Woohyun said. Cutting off the awkwardness. 
 
We all came down from the van and found ourselves surrounded by reporters and is now having trouble getting through all of them. I caught sight of the group who was here earlier and they looked mad. After all, they already won 7 weeks in a row but their faces aren't the ones on the tabloids. 
 
"Gyu-ah! How do you feel about all the time you lost because of the mishap?" A reporter yelled loudly at my ear.
"Sunggyu-ssi! How do you feel about a certain group's 7 consecutive wins?"
"Sunggyu!! How are you feeling today?"
"Sunggyu-ah! What will you say to the stylist who caught the video of you fainting?" 
Its questions .. One after another. Its making me crazy. I dont know which one to answer or if i should answer them. I look around, and found out that the boys are no longer in the crowd. I'm alone and surrounded by the vicious media. I stood there, in the middle of everyone, looking like a headless chicken. 
 
Soon, i felt a strong hand grip my arm and propelled me away from the crowd. Woohyun. 
 
"I'm sorry i didnt notice you got stuck there." He said.
"Yeah .. I'm sorry too. I didnt keep an eye on everyone." 
"Its alright hyung." 
 
We zig-zagged on the halls until we reached our dressing room. Some of the boys are already sitting on the styling chairs and some are hanging around on the snack bar. 
 
"Sit gyu, were gonna start with you." Stylist noona said while putting her hand behind my back and guiding me towards an empty chair. 
They styled my hair and made it look like i just woke up. They applied make-up on my face, concealing the imperfections. 
 
"Gyu .. Go change. Your clothes are hanging on the rack over there." She said. 
"Oh ok."
I went over the rack and saw hanged clothes with my name on them and to my horror, they're sleeveless .. 'Oh no .. My burns .. They'll see it.' I thought. 
"Uhh n-noona .. Are t-there anything e-else?" I asked. Hoping that there is a replacement.
"Sorry gyu, thats the only one. Why? You dont like it?" She asked. 
"N-no .. Its not that .. Its--"
"Whats all this?" Manager hyung asked with his loudest voice. Halting my explanation.
"Uhh its nothing." I answered. "I'll go change." 
I was panicking behind the curtain where i'm changing my clothes. 
They'll see it. I've been inside the changing chamber for awhile now clamping my arms using both of my hands, and it seems that they've noticed it too. 
"Yah hyung." Hoya called out. "You okay there?" 
"Yeah, i'm fine hoya. Just .. Fixing some things." I said.
"Well, be out as fast as you can ok?"
"Yeah .. I will." 
 
After awhile, i still haven't gotten out of the changing chamber. 
"Yah sunggyu-ah!" Stylist noona yelled. "What's taking you so long!? Is there something wrong with the clothes? Where they ripped somewhere?" She asked but before i could answer, heard footsteps made by high heels approaching. I started to panic. Stylist noona's coming. 
 
The curtains were harshly pulled open. She was about to scold me when she suddenly took sight of my blotchy-red burnt skin. Her eyes widen. 
Her body poised to run off at any given moment to inform the other members. However, i pulled her inside, closed the curtains, back hugged her, and clamped before she could do her worst.
"No" i whispered. She only nodded. 
I removed my hand from when i felt that she wont run-off and tell someone. "Gyu .. Why?" She asked in a whisper.
She eyed my arm for a while and grimaced at the sight."is this why you've been here for a long time? So that no one will see it?" She asked, i nodded.
"I didnt know how i'll hide it so i just had to stayed here." I told her.
"Stay here, i'll go get my concealer." She said.
"T-thank you .." 
 
She later on came back with 2 bottles of concealer, and a BB cream. 
She generously applied it on my arms but i wince a little bit because of the friction from her hands and my ruined skin. 
"Noona" i whispered. "Be more gentle." 
"Oh .. Sorry." 
After a few touches of powder foundation in the tone of my skin color here and there to make it look like real skin, my arms now look flawless.  
"Thanks noona." I said with a smile. 
"Well, you know .. I'd do anything for you gyu. You've been through a lot than everyone else." 
 
Noona was fixing the creases on my shirt when the curtain was suddenly pulled back. 
"Yah, whats taking the two of you so long. In 5 minutes were gonna be on!" An impatient tall figure yelled. Sungyeol
"What have you two been doing there? Were you .. Oh my g-- were you two kissing?!" He yelled. 
"W-what?" We both yelled in unison. "Of course not!" 
"Well you two seem to have been spending such a 'sweet' time here. Sorry i bothered it. Oh wait, sorry .. Not sorry." 
"What the hell are you saying yeol." Noona yelled. "Do you want me to tell everyone what happened to you when you got home late on christmas eve?!" 
"W-what? .. N-nothing h-happened?!!" He yelled and i chuckle a little. 
"Oh there is yeol. Want everyone in here to know?" She said and sungyeol just vigorously shook his head. 
"Then shut up and go to the back stage before you get yelled at again!!" 
Sungyeol got away from us as fast as he can and everyone who saw what happened laughed at him. 
 
"Thanks again noona." I said.
"Anytime gyu. Now go knock them dead." 
 
All seven of us quickly got in the back stage and waited for our turn to perform. Everyone's eyeing me as we walk down the corridors of the studio. Whispering incoherent things, or just looking at me like i'm a gold statue. 
 
From the hidden side of the stage, you are able to see the crowd watching. And from all i can see, most of them are waving the 'infinite' sign and a glow stick with our fan color. Today is infinite's day and we are all excited. 
 
"Next is infinite! Please get ready!" The staff manager yelled and we all lined up. 
"And next up .. Infinite!!" The MC energetically yelled. 
We all scramble to our positions. The music starts and we lose ourselves in to the song. We danced perfectly and in time. We moved gracefully and professionally that it would seem like this is all cheesecake to us. But no, this is what hard work can do. It transforms you. 
 
It is now my turn to sing and to belt out high notes and miraculously, i did it perfectly. Just like how i use to do it. 
 
The performance ended and we were all panting and feeling glorious with the outcome of our performance. The studio lights darkened, signifying the end of our performance, and the fans cheered loudly as they could. Even when the MC's already saying her lines, the fans didn't care and continued screaming each member's name. 
 
"Looks like we did great huh." Said myungsoo while nudging my arm. 
"Yeah .. I guess we did." I answered. 
 
"Guys!!" Manager-hyung yelled. "We'll be resting after the next show we'll do in 37 minutes and 3 days from now, we'd be going back." 
"Going back to where?" Asked sungjong.
"Back to weekly idol."
 
I was speechless .. I have no idea on how i'll impress them right now. I might become a laughing stock again.. I'm in trouble.
 
We all went back to the dressing room and changed to our normal clothes. This time, i made sure that i stay close to woohyun so that i wont get caught by the media again. I held on to him by holding a piece of his shirt. But he swatted my hands away, and held them tightly with his hands. 
 
"Lets not get you lost this time hyung." He said.
"Thanks hyun." 
 
-------------------
comment comment 
subscribe subscribe 
upvote upvote
 
the thing that happened to gyu on the last chapter i deleted will still happen on the next one.