CH02 Warning

Fired Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWO; WARNING

Jieun woke up to find herself in her daughter's bed. She turned to face the little girl next to her who was sleeping ever so peacefully, wrapping her tiny arm around Jieun's waist. To think of how much she would devote her life towards this little girl was indescribable. She might have never spent more than half a day with her daughter, she might have not been the best mother in the world, but she would do anything for her little one. Jieun endearingly locked her eyes onto her daughter's face and her mind suddenly couldn't help thinking of Kris.

She had finally seen him face to face, after five years.

Rina had his nose and that sort of angled thick eyebrows, just like his. Well, he was the father after all. Only that he didn't know about it, yet. Jieun had promised herself to tell him one day, but a tiny part of her was dreading to come across that 'one day'. She wondered if he would accept Rina, if he could be a good father to her.

Jieun kissed her daughter's forehead, caressing her cheeks lightly before she got herself off the bed and strolled towards the bathroom.

It was almost three o'clock in the morning when Jieun had left the drunken Yongguk sleeping in his bed earlier. Cautiously, she had drugged him at some point. It was tricky and dangerous as she was in his apartment, but she had taken the risk rather than having to sleep with him - not on the first night. Not wanting to make him suspicious, she had also left her phone number on a note pad with a message ‘Call me – Jieun’ written on it, hoping that he would only think that she was playing hard to get, and that he would want another encounter with her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris sat up on his bed and shook his head furiously, as if by doing that would make the image of Jieun disappeared from his mind. He had been having trouble sleeping last night because of her. As much as he wanted to show the other guys that he wasn’t bothered by Jieun’s appearance last night, he had failed miserably.

The moment that he had dumped Jieun, he knew he was making a mistake. Yet, he was cowered by the fact. He depended on his reputation a little too much back then; telling people that he was actually in love with her would make him uncool. He was nineteen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Grandma Joo, I'm going out." Jieun sang. Grandma Joo had been living with her and taking care of Rina since she was six months old. She was almost the same age as Jieun's mother, but Jieun had gotten so used of calling her the nickname. Jieun trusted and depended on the older woman as if she was her own blood. She had wished she was.  

"Rina is still sleeping. If there's anything, just call me." She smiled at Grandma Joo as she slipped her feet into her favourite black heels. Today, she was back to being herself. She was wearing an innocent white loose dress that draped just over her knees along with a black legging. Her hair was up in a bun and her face wasn’t caked with make ups.

Luhan had texted her this morning, demanding to hear her explanation about last night. He told her to meet him at an abandoned warehouse near Yongsan Garage at 2 p.m. Good thing that she lived in the north west of Yongsan District, in which the Black Eagles wasn’t naturally allowed to roam in. Still, it was better to stay low as none of the White Dragons were supposed to bump into her either.

She had a bit of time before meeting up with Luhan. As she was strolling along the local shops, her eyes spotted two familiar men. It was too late before she could escape, she had heard them calling out for her.

"Noona!"

She stopped her track.

"Kyungsoo. Chanyeol." She greeted her juniors. Chanyeol and D.O (whom she had insisted on calling Kyungsoo - his real name) used to be good friends with her little brother, before he had passed away in an accident seven years ago.  

"So it was really you, last night." Kyungsoo looked at her with rounded eyes, as if he still didn't want to believe that it was really Jieun who he had seen cuddling up with their enemy last night.

"What was that all about, noona?" Asked Chanyeol, who used to be shorter than her had now become so tall and regardless of her heels, she still had to tilt her head up to meet his eyes.

"We didn’t even get the chance to greet you." Kyungsoo was the earliest one she had known, and he looked so hurt that it broke Jieun’s heart on having to lie to them.

She couldn’t believe it when Luhan had told her that Kris had invited both Chanyeol and D.O to be in his crew. Then again, it was her fault for introducing them to Kris. Was it for the money? Had Kris been treating them fairly? She couldn’t help but wonder. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter