CH03 Rivalry

Fired Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THREE; RIVALRY

It had been four days since the last time Jieun saw Kris, but it was only yesterday since she last saw Yongguk. Naturally, it was a burdensome when he had asked her to come to the club every nights, but she had to play her part. Although, she was glad to know that Yongguk had grown a little attachment towards her. It would make everything a little easier for her.

The race would usually go on at least once a week. Sometimes, twice a week, depending on how busy the cops were.

Apart from having to go out every night to meet Yongguk, Jieun had lived her life normally during the daytime. She had started sending Rina to a private kindergarten. Yongguk had somehow trusted her when she said that she worked as a babysitter during the daytime. She would never have thought that the leader of the Black Eagle could go so easy on her. Nevertheless, she still kept herself on guard 24/7.

Jieun had dropped Rina off at the kindergarten; she then browsed around the local market for some groceries shopping. She had bought bananas (Rina’s favourite fruit), some oranges, and some fresh vegetables from the stalls. Suddenly, she felt as if she was being followed. She quickened her pace, walking towards the end of the street before turning herself around the corner. She entered a building and continued walking, almost running. She wasn't even sure where she was heading to but she desperately needed to get herself back in her car.

"Omo!" She emitted as she bumped her forehead into someone. Her plastic bags of fruits and vegetables dropped instantly onto the ground. She watched as one of the oranges rolled out of the bag before she looked up; she was taken aback at the sight of Kris' face.

Kris picked all the bags up from the ground. "You’re running away from me." He had spoken a little calmly.

"How did you--were you following me?" asked Jieun, taking few steps back.

He didn't give her an answer but instead, he just held his gaze against her face. There were no expressions on his face but his heart sure was beating fast. He had taken a shortcut so he could purposely bump into her. He wanted to talk to her. Alone.

Truthfully, he just wanted to see her.

"Chanyeol and D.O told me they saw you around the town." He began yet again. "When did you come back?"

Jieun scoffed lightly. "Since when do you care?"

He sighed.

"Well, I'm back because I wanted to come back." Jieun scorned, before snatching her bags of fruits and vegetables off Kris’ grasp and started walking.

“Can you please not getting involved with Yongguk?”

Jieun stopped her track for a moment. "Don’t ever follow me again.” She had warned him without turning herself to look at him. She left him standing in the middle of an alleyway.

 

Finally, Jieun found the parking lot that she was looking for. Unlocking her Kia Optima, she got herself into the driver seat and dumped the plastic bags on the passenger seat. She noticed how her oranges had reduced from five to four.

"Who does he think he is?!" She bellowed as she turned the engine on. After making sure that she wasn’t being followed anymore, she drove out of the parking space.


Kris picked up the abandoned orange on the street. You look good, Jieun. He let out a deep sigh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You got me losing my mind
The way you got me fired up
Never give up boy even when they try us--"

Jieun snapped out of her trance as she heard the music coming from her phone. Glancing ont

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter