EPILOGUE

Fired Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
EPILOGUE; TWO MONTHS LATER

“I can’t believe you’re really going away.” Jieun told Luhan.

“Oh, come on. We all know that I’m not wanted here anymore.”

Jieun narrowed her eyes at the man across her.

“I’m kidding.” Luhan’s eyes crinkled as he chuckled.

“Han, I’ve said this so many times but I won’t ever stop saying it—thank you.” Jieun breathed out. “Thank you for being there for me, always. Thank you for helping me out with—everything. Thank you for being my best friend.” She said, smiling generously before pulling him into a hug. “I’m going to miss you.” She muttered in their embrace.

And thank you for loving me, Han. Jieun silently mentioned inside her head.

Luhan composed himself as she pulled away. He had taken his next path to Japan—to further his study—but the truth was he just couldn’t stay closed to Jieun anymore. He knew that she would never be his.

“Luhan ahjusshi!” They had heard Rina’s voice and they turned to look at the little girl, who was running towards them. Kris’ tall figure was tagging along behind her.

“Look what I got you!” She revealed to Luhan a small white teddy bear in her hand.

Luhan crouched down as he smiled and took the soft toy from her. “This is for me?” He asked his niece, acting surprised.

“Ung!” she nodded her head. “Appa said you’re going far away from here.” She uttered. “So, I bought you this—so when you’re lonely you can talk to it. She will be your friend.” She nodded her head constantly.

“That’s so thoughtful of you.” Luhan smiled wider as he gently patted Rina’s head. “Does she have a name?”

Rina’s eyes widened as if she just remembered something. Her eyes stared into Luhan’s for few seconds. “Nana!” She then beamed as she finally came out with a name for the teddy bear.

“Nana?” Luhan retorted, and nodded his head after. “Ok. Nana will be my new best friend.” Luhan assured the little girl. “But Rina, you will always be my favourite girl.” Luhan had whispered to her. Rina grinned happily before she hugged Luhan.

Jieun called out for Rina and the little girl then ran and stood by her mother.

Kris walked up and stood across Luhan. He smiled at his cousin. “Rina really likes you.” He had told Luhan.

Luhan smiled. Of course she did. He had been watching over her ever since she was a baby. He had consoled her when she cried. He had taught her how to eat with chopsticks. He had brought her presents for her every birthday. Those were all on behalf of Kris. At a time, he had felt bad for doing everything while Kris was left with no clues, but as of this moment, he had regretted nothing.

Kris pulled Luhan into a brotherly hug. “Take care, brother.”

Because of his departure, Luhan had been getting a lot of hugs today. He had told Chanyeol, D.O, Kai and Sehun to not send him off at the airport, but Kris had offered to drop him off.

“Take care of them, Kris.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyomin went up to the door as soon as she had heard the doorbell. She spied her eye through the hole and was taken aback as she saw Himchan’s face. His face was furious, just like when he was interrogating a suspect but had failed to come out with a conclusion.

-Start of flashback-

“Himchan ah—did you really think I like Yongguk?” Hyomin slurred her sentence as she looked drunkenly at Himchan.

They were back in Himchan’s car after having dinner together. He didn’t get drunk and his reason was because he needed to drive them safely back home. He had always been the responsible, calm and always on guard.

“Himchan ah, you’re so stupid.” She had continued. “After all this year—” She hiccupped. “—you still don’t know who I really like.” She shook her head.

Himchan turned to look at her best friend. Best friend, that was what she had been calling him.

Gradually, she had grabbed his face and planted a kiss on his lips. “You. It has always been you.” She mumbled as she pulled away and sunk herself back in the leather seat. She dozed off almost immediately after.

-End of flashback-

Himchan lurched towards Hyomin as soon as she closed the door. He had trapped her in between the wall. His face was lowered, looking down to the floor.

“Him—Himchan?” Hyomin stuttered, getting a little scared over his best friend’s strange behaviour. “Are you drunk?” She asked him.

He shook his head as he brought his head back up, meeting Hyomin’s face. He had seen her face caked in make-up, but her fresh face was his favourite.

“Since when?” He asked her suddenly, gazing directly into her confused brown eyes.

“What?”

“Since when did you start liking me?”

Hyomin’s eyes widened. “Did I—say something to you last night?”

Himchan nodded his head. Truth was, he couldn’t stop thinking about last night. How he was so clueless towards Hyomin’s feelings had been bothering him.

Hyomin calmed her expression. “Since high school.” She told him. It was true, that she had liked him ever since then.

“Why didn’t you tell me before?”

“If I did so, you wouldn’t let me help you then.”

“But you know I had never agreed to put you in danger, nevertheless.”

“I know.” Hyomin assured him. “But I wanted to help you.”

They both stared into each other’s eyes, as if they could know what the other was thinking just by looking into their eyes.

“You could have gotten hurt.”

She chuckled. “Have you seen me? I’m good at getting away with stuff.”

“But still. I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself if you ever got hurt—“

“Hey.” She scooped his face in her palms. “I’m ok. It’s all over now.”

He was dying to embrace her and so he did. He had finally put all his ego and all the big brother act away for once and for all, and pulled her into his arms. “I’m so stupid indeed.” He laughed.

Hyomin pulled away and tilted her head, looking at him in wonder.

“You said I’m stupid last night.” He mentioned to her again. “For not noticing who you really like all these years.”

She pursed her lips. “Sorry.”

“You’re right though—I have always been very jealous of Yongguk.” He drew her attention onto his lips as he spoke in a hush tone. “But I bet I can do better than him.” He whispered.

Hyomin could feel her heart thumping in her chest. She had been in this position with few other men in her life before, but this time, it had felt real. The man standing across her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter