CH04 Dominion

Fired Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOUR ; DOMINION

"If I win, I'll get her."

The whole crowd started to 'ooohhhh' as they brought their eyes back and forth between Kris, Yongguk and Jieun. The two leaders fighting over a girl? No one had seen that coming.

Insulted by the whole idea, Jieun’s eyes were burning with wonder and rage. Oh hell no, Kris. You did not just throw me out for a bet.

Yongguk chuckled gravelly, "Naah man, that can never be the deal." He told Kris decisively. “Did you not understand my warning few days ago?” He continued, giving Kris a deadly stare.

Kris scoffed as he walked forward, standing few inches taller and two steps away from Yongguk. "Oh I did." He nodded. “I just wanted to see how fast can you go. For her.”

Yongguk took a step forward. His expression alone showed how much he wanted to land his fist on Kris' face. The half Chinese and half Korean guy might be a bit taller than Yongguk, but his pride was higher. "Fine." His voice steadied. "Prepare to lose."

Jieun alluringly whispered something to Yongguk before she planted a kiss on his cheek, making him broke into a smile. She knew Kris would be watching and it was meant for him to see.

There was nothing more riveting than the leaders making a bet, especially over a woman - in which, was rare. The crowd started giving Jun their betting money and so far, it was 50-50. No one could predict the outcome since both Kris and Yongguk looked ersely determined to win. Few girls from the crowd had given Jieun a nasty look out of envy.

Two minutes had gone since Kris and Yongguk left the starting line. They could hear the splitting sound of engines, zooming over the distant back and forth around the area. The adrenalines of each betted soul were pumping as if they were in the race too. While the two solitary groups tried hard to keep their expressions calm, Jieun was the most restless amongst all. She might have been rooting for Yongguk but deep down, she knew that Kris could win this too. She had known Kris well enough to never have doubted him when he wanted something. In this case, he had wanted her or so it seemed. Only she couldn’t bring herself to understand why.

As the roared engines sounded closer once again, they all eagerly turned their heads towards the two cars. It was the final round, and both were fairly being first.

Jun shook his head as Kris' LFA and Yongguk's RX8 crossed the line. "Oooohh boys. That was a closed call!" He bellowed as Yongguk and Kris got themselves out of their cars and joined the crowd yet again. "But..." He paused. "Yongguk, you were just a litttlleeee behind." He pulled out an expression of 'sorry but you've lost'.

"Kris is the winner!" Jun dramatically exclaimed, receiving a loud cheer from the crowd.

Kris smiled haughtily as his team members gave him a high five.

Annoyed, Jieun folded her arms across her chest. "Not so fast." She uttered, looking back and forth between the men. "No one asked me if it’s okay for me to be tossed around like some kind of toy.” She mocked the group of men. “If you want me—" she paused as her eyes met Kris'. "—then win me." She had told him.

Jieun took the car key from Daehyun and gave Yongguk a 'trust me' look. Jun's mouth was still gaping over what just happened; Jieun walked past him telling him to get the flag ready.

She then made her way towards Daehyun's Skyline.

Meanwhile, Kris had no choice but to go along with what Jieun had wanted. As he lined his car next to Jieun's - well, Daehyun's - he looked at her and gave her a wink, as if telling her that he was going to win this.

Jie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter