CH07 Comatose

Fired Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SEVEN; COMATOSE

 D.O had heard his name being called out by Kris. In a slow motion, he shut the monitor of his laptop down and pivoted the stool around, facing the tall guy. "Yes, hyung?"

"So, did you find anything?" Kris went closer to the shortest member of the White Dragons after he glanced around the room, making sure that no one were looking at them. "On Jieun—" He toned down his voice as he mentioned Jieun's name.

"Well, yeah." It was then D.O’s turn to scan the room. All the White Dragon members were currently visible.

Kris had understood the younger guy’s expression. “I’m taking D.O to the garage.” He had announced as he bluntly made his way out again.


"She's an undercover cop." D.O broke the news as soon as they were in Kris’ car. "She’s working on Yongguk." He added.

Kris was taken aback by D.O's announcement, almost stepping on the brake pedal. He could never imagine Jieun joining in the police force. Let alone, being an undercover. It was even more absurd than him thinking that everything she had done so far was purposely to make him jealous. She wasn’t.

She could get hurt. Kris thought to himself. For a second, he was glad that Mr. Black was in prison - which means he couldn’t hurt her. Yongguk on the other hand, Kris highly doubted that he would still be keeping Jieun around if he found out about her motive.

"Hyung. You still care about her a lot, don't you?" asked D.O, couldn’t help studying the older guy’s face ever since he had told him about Jieun’s job, five minutes ago.

Kris let out a sigh. "I guess you can say that." He said, accelerating his car forward.

Yet again, five minutes in silence gone passed.

“By the way, do you think it's normal for a kid to call anyone who isn't really their mother—'mama'?" Kris suddenly asked, turning his head to look at D.O. “I mean, most of my Chinese friends called their mother ‘mama’, but my mother isn’t a Chinese so—”

‘You can tell Kris about my job if you think he’d keep it quiet, But please, about Rina...let me tell him myself.' D.O remembered what Jieun had told him yesterday. As much as he obeyed Kris, he respected Jieun too. "Well, I guess it's possible if they're really close."


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"How close are you on getting Kris' car?" The man with dark brown hair asked Yongguk. Known as Rome, he was Mr Black’s most loyal right hand man. He didn’t look that much older than Yongguk—possibly about up to four years of gap.  

"Close." Yongguk had answered the older guy in confidence, as he had always been. His hands were tucked in his trousers’ pockets as he gazed straight into Rome’s eyes. “He’d just started making bets on our prized possession.” Yongguk had added, his mind was back on the night when Kris had made a stupid pledge on Jieun.

Rome scoffed. "Whatever you’re thinking, do it fast. Damn it Guk, we've wasted a year. How did we just find out that the thing was in his car all this while?" He spat, slamming his palm on Yongguk’s car.

Yongguk gave him a stern look. "We will get it. Soon." His tone was unyielding.

Yongguk had met Rome three years ago; during the time when he was rebelling and couldn’t care about everyone, not even himself. He had let himself being wrecked in all kind of depressants. He was lured by Rome to join him and his crew in a little project of robbing a set of fast cars - in which had then led him to meet the infamous Mr Black.

Mr. Black made Yongguk who he was today - a stronger person, so he had think.

"Alright, alright. I'll be in touch." Rome gave Yongguk a nod before making his way back to his Porsche Panamera.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night and for the first time, Yongguk had asked Jieun to dance with him. Jieun had to keep reminding herself to stay sober as she showcased an intimate dance on Yongguk. Himchan had also tried to keep he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter