CH14 Chaos

Fired Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOURTEEN; CHAOS

"You've seen it? I'm just warming up." Yongguk's harsh voice could be heard over the line.

Jieun's grip on the phone tightened. The image of the beaten Luhan was still so clear in her head. She had dialled for Yongguk's number soon after she had received the MMS.

"I know you’re an undercover, Jieun. . How the hell did I manage to get myself fooled by you?” He laughed. “Whatever. I just want the hard drive now. No more playing around, Jieun." He uttered. "The warehouse behind the church—I want you to bring it to me. You know I don't like waiting so, I'll give you fifteen minutes." He continued. "Or the next thing I do to Luhan is—shoot him. And oh, also. If you tell any of your colleagues about our meeting, I’ll shoot him straight away." He finished it with a fatal threat to Jieun before hanging up.

 

"Is it done?" Jieun asked D.O as she took the hard drive out of his hand.

D.O nodded his head while looking at her concernedly.

"Good. You know what to do now, right? My Chief Park will be expecting you." She told him before walking to Chanyeol's car, where Chanyeol was already waiting for her. "And oh, Kyungsoo." She stopped and looked back to the red hair guy. "You know you're awesome." She smiled at him.

She then nodded her head at Kris, Kai and Sehun - who were ready to tail behind her, as her prime back up for now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The effect of Yongguk's punches and kicks had been more than enough to make Luhan back to being sober. He could feel every hit that struck his face and body. As much as it hurt, Luhan didn't want Yongguk to stop. He wanted their enemy to knock the sense out of him, because no one else would. He had been too careful and too nice to actually have an enemy of his own.

Yongguk squatted himself down next to Luhan, who was lying involuntarily on the cold ground. "You know—I feel sorry for you, Luhan." He sighed. "Because you're not actually the bad guy. You just happened to get yourself caught in the middle of all of these—" He paused. "But you see, Jieun cares about you—and I need that hard drive." Yongguk finished off as he stood himself up yet again.

Himchan and Hyomin exchanged glances, finally could feel at ease now that Yongguk had stopped beating Luhan up. The rest of the Black Eagles were also present. Though they weren't exactly involved in Mr Black's activity, it was Yongguk who they had to obey.

Luhan grabbed Yongguk's leg as he was about to walk away.  

"Don't you dare hurt Jieun." He warned Yongguk.

Yongguk turned around and sneered. "I can't promise you that." He shook his head. "But. If you want, I can hurt Kris for you." He looked down at Luhan. "He always got everything he wanted at the end, hadn't he?"

It was just in time when they had heard engines blaring, sending an echo around the empty building. They all brought their attentions to where the sound came from.
 

Jieun leaped out of the Toyota Supra as soon as Chanyeol brought it to stop. She saw Luhan's figure lying on the floor and she couldn't help cringing at the sight of his state. Kris had also presented himself as he came out of Kai's car and stood next to Jieun. The rest of the White Dragons brought themselves out of their respective cars and stayed in their positions, even though they were all eager to get Luhan away from Yongguk.

Jieun's eyes met Himchan and Hyomin's for a second, before she sternly fixed her gaze on Yongguk's face. "I have what you want." Jieun waved the hard drive in the air.

She gradually moved forward and as she was facing Yongguk close enough, while Luhan was still lying on the floor in between, she hesitantly handed him the deal. At one point, Yongguk had purposely grazed his fingers against hers as he flashed a sly grin.

Jieun overpassed Yongguk's expression and as soon as he took the hard drive off her hand, she immediately dropped herself next to Luhan. Her hand touched his bruised cheek before she carefully aided his side to bring him up to his feet.

"Not so fast." Yongguk placed the front of his Glock 35 onto the side of Jieun's head, causing Kris to point his gun towards Yongguk with no hesitation.

Yongguk brought his attention to Kris as his lips curled into a devilish sort of smile. He chuckled. "I wish I can make everything easy for you, Jieun." He prompted as he brought his foot up and rested it against Luhan's stomach. "But you know—sadly, I can't seem to get over the fact that you—" He pressed the gun onto the side of her head. "—you were able to fool me." He declaimed.

Luhan's body arched as he recoiled from the impact of Yongguk's foot digging into his ribs.

"Please." Jieun blurted out desperately. "Just please—let Luhan go—and I do whatever you want." She submitted.

Yongguk exhaled his breath calmly and took his foot off Luhan's stomach. "You'd do whatever I want?" He asked her. "Then, get up." He told her as he didn't wait for her to answer him.

Jieun slowly stood herself up.

"Get your gun out." He then said.

Jieun then haltingly pulled the gun out of the back pocket of her trousers.

"Good. Now, I want you to point your gun at him." He calmly motioned his head towards Kris.

Jieun shot Yongguk a surprised look.

"Do it or—I'll shoot Luhan." He kept his threat as he smoothly moved his gun, pointi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter