CH09 Vicious

Fired Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER NINE; VICIOUS

Jieun braced herself as she entered Aura & Liquid night club, finding Yongguk in his usual spot. If before, she was confident that she didn't need a gun; tonight, she had a Glock 22 hidden in her sling purse. She smiled at some of the familiar faces before finally making herself visible in front of Yongguk.

"Hey." She greeted as she dropped herself next to the man.

"Hey." Yongguk pulled her closer. "I had a great time last night." He whispered into her ear, sounding derisive.

"Me too." She played along as she whispered back to him. "Sorry I couldn't stay 'til morning—"

"Naah, I understand." He fixed his gaze on her. Now I totally understand you, Yongguk thought in his head. As much as he didn't want to admit, Hyomin was right. He just didn't want to believe that he—leader of the Black Eagle—had been fooled by Jieun. But to say that he had fallen for her would be an overstatement.

Yongguk got his phone out of his pocket. His thumb pressed on a familiar name in his contact. "Kris." He greeted his enemy over the line. He then brought his eyes over to Jieun's face as he scanned for her expression. She could lie about Luhan, but she couldn’t lie to him about Kris. "Let's have a match tonight."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris stepped out of his LFA and his eyes fell on Jieun, whom as always in Yongguk's arm, whenever she was with him. Nevertheless, what happened earlier in Jieun’s house had somehow given Kris hope. Hope that Jieun still had feelings for him.

"So, what's your bet?" Kris flaunted the question towards Yongguk. He couldn’t figure out if Jieun had been found out or not, but no matter what, he would get her out of Yongguk’s arm safely. Tonight, or never.

“You’re quick.” Yongguk roared with laughter. "Remember when that last time you wanted my Jieun—" He paused, looking at Jieun and back at Kris. "Well, I've decided to give you that chance again. If you win this race, you can have her." Yongguk continued. His face was held up, as if he was confident that he would win. "But if I win, I'll still have her. And your car." He finished.

Kris raised his eyebrows, shooting glances at his archenemy. "Alright." Without thinking twice, he had agreed. He was also confident because he had won the previous match. He just had to do better than the last time. Besides, he had Jieun on his side this time.

Kris saw Yongguk whispered something to Jieun before he gotten himself into his Mazda RX8. The crowd was clapping and wooing as they cheered in anticipation.

As soon as the flag was tugged down, both Kris and Yongguk had left at the same pace.

Kris was leading for the first few seconds but the moment he tried to reach the maximum speed, his engine slowed down the car. He tried accelerating once again and the same thing happened. That was when Yongguk had taken over the rest of the race and Kris had lost the match.

Yongguk was busy celebrating when Kris finally arrived at the finish line. He jumped out of his car and darted towards Yongguk.

"That was ing low!" Kris grabbed the collar of Yongguk's baggy shirt. "You think I wouldn't know you wired my car?" He spatted.

Yongguk leaned forward. "Where the your proof?" He had asked through his gritted teeth.

Kris clenched his fist tightly and within a second, he had brought it to Yongguk's face. He was about to give Yongguk another punch before getting one flew to his stomach. As the table was turned, Yongguk took his chance and punched Kris on his face, cutting the edge of Kris' lips with the stud of his ring.

"I forgot to tell you how sweet Jieun tasted last night." Yongguk had whispered to Kris, laughing gravelly before the tallest man shoved him to the ground. Kris then struck another punch on Yongguk’s face. And then again. And again.

No one was able to stop him but thankfully, the scene was abruptly ambushed by the sound of siren from the distant. Everyone - except Jieun, the White Dragons and the Black Eagles - started to clutter around the place as they tried to find their own cars. Kris grabbed Yongguk's collar, jerking the other male upward, "You touch her again and you're a ing dead man!" He warned him.

Quickly, Kris brought himself up. Finally had his vision on Jieun, who was still looking at him in such stiffening posture, he walked towards her and took her hand in his. They both made their way into Kris’ car, before he drifted out of the place.

Meanwhile, Yongguk was brought up to his feet again with the offer to help from Himchan, though he had pushed him off irritably. I'll get you back soon. Both of you. He cursed in his head as he wiped his bloody lips with the back of his hand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

"Ah—" Kris winced as he felt Jieun's thumb grazed across the corner of his lips.

"Sorry." Jieun apologized and quickly pulled her hand away before Kris had caught it. He held her hand firmly and closed to his chest.

She could feel his heart thumping in such an impulsive manner.

"I've never seen you so angry." Jieun couldn’t help talking. She pursed her lips. The Kris she had known was not a hot-tempered man, a mean yes, but he was never as savage as she had seen him five minutes earlier.  

He didn't reply her but as he had finally calmed himself down, he slowly let go of her hand.   

"Can you promise me...that you won't let him touch you again?" He finally spoken, turning his head towards her. For a second, his face was rigid before his eyes started to soften as they met her gaze.

I know about you and him. I'll win and crush him like a ing bug. Yongguk had whispered to Jieun earlier. If only Kris hadn’t come to her house uninvited this evening, if only he hadn’t kissed her, if only he hadn’t hold her like he still wanted her - she would have defended herself from Yongguk’s words. She couldn’t help thinking what Yongguk had said to Kris that had made him so angr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter