Friday

Not A Nice Guy

 

KAREN’S POV

“AWESOME! GOODBYE!” students shouted down the hallway and I felt a bit excited too.

Hana appeared beside me, tugging at my sleeves.

“What, Hana?” The atmosphere was so bright that I didn’t even get annoyed by her presence.

“It’s Friday! What are you going to do this afternoon?”

“I don’t know.”

“You wanna get down on Friday?”

“Nooo...”

I watched as Hana’s expression fell. She was a really pretty girl and nice too, considering that she was trying so hard to befriend me. I had to give her a chance.

“But I’m going to this tiny shop after school, which is now. You want to come?” I invited. “I’m not sure where it is though,” I dug into my pocket and showed her the map Yukwon drew for me. “You know this place?”

“I’m pretty sure we can find it just by using this map,” she replied, jumping on her heels.

Hana didn’t seem so annoying after school. Maybe her attitude at school is different?

“LEFT! LEFT!” she yelled. I puffed heavily. “OH MY GOD! I SEE IT!”

“STOP RUNNING!” I chased after her. “You’re not a child! I’m not supposed to babysit you, we’re supposed to walk together calmly towards our destination!”

“Look – look!”

I turned and saw the tiny shop. IT WAS FULL OF BADGES. I rushed inside and felt happiness swelled inside me. “These are really pretty!!”

None of the badges had price tags. I searched for the shop assistant.

Her black hair fell until below her shoulders and was really, really straight. She was pale but beautiful.

“How much does one badge cost?” Hana asked before I could.

“STUPID!” a guy cursed and a group of guys laughed out loud. “I beat him at drinking without a drop of sweat! That guy was a loser!”

Entered the ponytail guy with his group of friends. I saw Yukwon at the side surprised to see me.

“Aah! It’s the grouchy lady!” one of the boys, who looked really handsome, said.

“I’m not grouchy,” Hana stated under her breath. “Is he talking about you?”

I didn’t know what to do. They were all watching me and I... was torn between greeting Yukwon or leaving the shop silently.

I gripped the badge I was holding tightly. Plus, I wanted to get this badge which had the letter K on it. It was so cool looking.