Drunk

Not A Nice Guy

Karen's POV

When would this awful torture end? I zeroed out and felt extremely sleepy despite the loud music.

Somebody slid in to the seat next to me. "Hiya there."

I conjured my most kind and sincere smile in order to scare him off because I found male clubbers want provocative ladies for their one night stand but found myself frozen, staring at Jiho.

He waved and winked at me. 

Did he recognize me?

"Partying hard?" he asked sarcastically, smiling gorgeously in the process. "Would you like me to fill up that glass of yours with more alcohol?"

I gave him a brief smile and turned away. My glass was practically full. 

I could feel him moving closer and his breath was hot as he whispered, "I didn't know you had another side to you, Karen."

Shivers went down my spine as I heard him say my name almost menacingly. 

"You don't know anything," I answered him. As I turned to face him, his face was just inches away from me. I could not stand the intimacy so I looked away again.

"Let me get you a drink," he offered. "In exchange, I'll drink your beer for you."

I did not respond.

"Cola? Sprite?" he suggested. "I'll get you a Cola then," he jumped off the seat following my silence.

"Get me a bottle of water," I told him and he grinned in reply.

While he was at the bar, another guy came and started flirting. He was old and married from the looks of it but he would not leave me alone despite my protests.

"Young lady, I'll teach you how to have the best night of your life..." he croaked. I wanted to vomit in disgust. "Come on now..."

"Hey! Hey!" Jiho shouted, slamming his palm on the table. "This lady is taken, ahjushhi!"

The man looked keen to fight with Jiho but a girl dancing provocatively in the background caught his eye so he left without a word.

I gulped down water as quickly as I could. I was so thirsty. Likewise, Jiho took a big gulp of his beer.

My eyes were locked in on the crowd in order to avoid Jiho's piercing gaze. Heat was rising on my cheeks as I noticed him staring my side profile. 

He leaned forward and giggled.

Realizing that maybe he was out of his mind, I said, "Go home. You're drunk."

"Not really."

"How would you know?" I laughed condescendingly. "You can't judge yourself in this state."

"I can!" he exclaimed, leaning backwards. "Do you want me to share how I measure my drunk level?"

I scrutinized him.

"I would kiss you if I was really drunk," he said in a husky tone. I coughed nervously and took my bag to take my leave. "Wait a second!"

Where the hell is Nana? I walked right into the middle of a dancing crowd with men and women alike grinding on each other - on me. I shuddered at their touch. 

"Nana!" I shouted, irked. "Nana! Nevermind!"

I rushed towards the entrance and hid behind a bouncer standing guard at the door. The bouncer just raised his eyebrow but did not say a word.

"Kaaareeen..." Jiho sang. "Karen, I want to go home!"

"Then go!" I yelled, walking out of my hiding. "Jiho sunbaenim!" He deliberately hugged me but completely lost his balance in the process. "You're so heavy!"

"Ssshh don't shout too much."

I was trembling under his weight.

"You have to get me home," he abruptly spoke in a sober fashion. "You got me drunk."

"You drank my beer!" I said incredulous. 

"You should have stopped me..." he slurred. 

"You're not drunk," I said, pushing him off me. "I would know when you're drunk."

He blinked blankly at me as he took in what I said. 

"You told me earlier. What happens when you're truly drunk. You're not drunk." 

He put his hand on my shoulder and giggled. 

I won this, I thought, smiling. I started to walk away when he suddenly bent down and muttered, "You mean this?"

Then, Jiho put his lips on mine.