Kiss

Not A Nice Guy

KAREN'S POV

I couldn't sleep properly that night. I rolled over to my left, my right and to my front but exhaustion did not catch up to me.

K : Can't sleep

N : Don't stress about tomorrow's exam. You'll be fine. Goodnight.

K : I can't sleep because of a guy

 

Immediately, my phone rang and I looked at the name a little bit longer than I needed to.

It wasn't Nana calling, but Hana. How did she even get my number? She's a legit stalker!

But she's calling me right when I needed a listening ear... Should I tell her what happened? 

The kiss after leaving the nightclub? It might sound ridiculous to her because...it's just a kiss.

"Hi."

"Heey! I couldn't sleep so I wanted to talk."

"I couldn't sleep either," I answered. "Because of a guy." That slipped out of my mouth before I even realized it.

"Ooh! What guy?"

"Well... there are two guys..."

"Wow! How long have you hid them from me?"

"I didn't hide them. Honestly."

"So tell me your story."

I fell asleep like a baby after confessing to Hana everything.

 

The next morning, my hopes were high for school. It's a clean slate. I broke my friendship of with Yukwon so now... Mr. Jealous Leader won't be bothering me anymore. I hope.

"Oh student, morning," a man greeted me while closing his car door. It was the handsome Mr. Baek. I felt my cheeks blush at his acknowledgement and guilt rose in me as my attraction towards this teacher grew.

I tried to walk past him but he quickly placed a pile of documents into my arms. "Carry this for me, student," he ordered without any hesitation. 

"So I found the screwdriver after asking the cleaner in the end," he said. "Helped a lot with my table and drawer problems in office."

"The school buys really cheap furniture," I replied. He looked up in surprise. I guess Mr. Baek did not expect me to answer. 

"Yeah, yeah, that's what all the teachers say."

"Where do you want me to put this?" I asked, gesturing at the documents.

"Oh, in my classroom."

I followed him quietly as he began to talk about his first few days of experience working here. Mr. Baek is an extremely talkative man and I was slowly warming up to him.

He was still to goodlooking for me to look at though.

He put his suitcase on his table and I followed by placing the papers on his table.

"Well, thank you," he said with a satisfied sigh. The bell rang.

"Oh now I'm late to class..." I mumbled, quickly bowing and taking my leave.

I scurried out into the corridor.

In this school, I could have bumped to 200 different students but it just had to be him.

 

Jiho's POV

I backed up a bit when a short figure walked into my chest.

The girl looked up and her expression changed from apologetic to furious.

Then it went blank.

"Morning," I greeted her, forcing my face into her view. She shrugged me off and walked past me.

"I thought we were over this?" I inquired, irritated. "You're still mad? Wasn't Kyung's theory enough for you?"

"Why are you so pissed about this?" I continued to press, grabbing her arm. "Seriously? I'm really curious."

She violently shook my arm off and started running. I went off to chase her. 

She wasn't that fast but I let her run till we were somewhere private before I pinned her onto a wall.

To my surprise, she was crying. I was taken aback by the tears streaming down her face so I let her go.

"Why are you crying??!" I asked, shocked. "I didn't do anything to you."

"That's what you think!" she tried to yell but her sobs broke her voice into pieces. "You're harrassing me constantly!"

"No... no, I'm not," I shifted nervously. "I was just teasing all this time. Girls are just too sensitive." Have I maybe pushed her too far? I felt slightly sorry.

"You kissed me!"

"It was just a kiss!"

She cried harder now with more hiccups accompanying her tears. Was it not just a kiss? 

Watching her crying into her palms, suddenly I realized something. I might have kissed a million girls but this girl... probably never had her first. Until...

I rubbed my face in frustration and leaned on the wall beside her. 

"Did I take away your first kiss...?" I asked, my voice gentle. She slid down onto the floor and was hugging her knees. 

Obviously, my question rendered her weak.

I didn't know how to calm her down. I never stuck around with girls to calm them down after breaking their hearts.

"I remember my first kiss," I started. "It was with a nuna. She said I and dumped me. Well, we never even dated so whatever. But that !"

"Both our first kiss , I guess," Karen muttered. "You know how mine went."

I took a big gulp of air. " to be us."

She shot me a glare. 

After a few minutes of silence, she asked, "Now what?"