Hungry

Not A Nice Guy

 

KAREN's POV

He left his friends’ table and the guy with the ponytail looked really shock. “Yukwon?”

“I’ll be back, Jiho,” badge boy said, slapping his back lightly.

“I’ll follow you!” a senior stood up. “Yukwon, wait for me!”

What was going on?

Yukwon gave a confused look towards his senior but let him come.

“I’m lost,” I heard his friend at the table whispered.

The senior grabbed my arm and tugged me forward lightly on my right side while badge boy walked beside me.

“Em...” I started and gazed at him worriedly. Why was the senior holding me so tight? “Ouch, ow!”

“Are you okay?” badge boy asked. Then he saw his senior’s hand on my arm. “Let go, Minhyuk! What are you doing?”

“She didn’t know where to go,” he replied, genuinely looking as if he was just leading the way kindly.

We reached the empty hallway before Yukwon slowed his pace and Minhyuk turned to face me.

I bowed almost 90 degrees.

“Who are you?” Minhyuk asked me. “Who is she, Yukwon? Why did you leave a discussion just for her?”

Yukwon ignored him and inquired if I was upset about something.

“Not really,” I muttered, nonplussed.”Why would you think that?”

“Because you seemed upset...?” Minhyuk suggested.

“Oh! You mean... that. I was just confused – it was my first time eating at the cafeteria and I couldn’t find the queue line...” I said lamely. “I’m not a new student though,” I added.

My stomach decided to make things more embarrassing by grumbling.

Both of their eyes travelled downwards, staring wide-eyed.

“I’m sorry,” I mumbled and backed away. Why was this happening? “I will leave now. Thank you Yukwon and Minhyuk sunbaenim.”

“Wait!” Yukwon exclaimed and glanced sideways at Minhyuk. “I think I can help calm down your stomach.”

What?

“Minhyuk... didn’t your admirers gave you a box of cupcakes today?”