Mr. Baek

Not A Nice Guy

Karen's POV

The week was almost over. Ever since the incident, I had to tediously plan my way through school, steering clear of Jiho's path. His presence was always strong and obvious, so it was easy to stay away from him. 

Yukwon, on the other hand, seemed to be more regretful about the event. Everytime we meet, he gave me a rueful smile as I scurried past him. Perhaps he thought I was avoiding him? I just didn't want to meet Jiho at all costs, thus the best plan of action is not to talk to Yukwon as well. 

Taking an unusual journey to class did not come without its own repercussions.

"Can you help me with something?" a young teacher approached me.

The first thought that crossed in my mind was how goodlooking he was. 

"Yes...Mr?"

"Mr Baek. Um can you help me find the screwdriver in the storage room? I can't find the cleaner anywhere."

I blinked hard after he finished talking. This goodlooking teacher...

"Are you new?" I blurted out without thinking.

"Yes," he scratches his head with a silly smile. "It must show, doesn't it?"

I stared at him blankly.

"I must be acting like a newbie. It's showing, right? How new I am?"

I nodded my head slowly. I turned my face away, trying to hold my attraction in. 

"Student, what's your name?" he asked. He tried to catch my eye.

I waved him away. "I'll quickly help you out and disappear," I told him. 

 

As we looked through the storage room, I could feel my temperature rising just being within an arm's length with him. Sweat was dripping from my chin. I wiped it harshly away, frustrated. Act cool. He's a teacher.

"The screwdriver is really hard to find, isn't it?" Mr Baek said. He had been attempting to make conversation since earlier, but I could not bring myself to speak. I was feeling disoriented due to my body heat and how his outer appearance made me feel. "Is it even here? Wouldn't it be funny if we are looking in the wrong place?"

"If we haven't found it, doesn't it mean we are looking in the wrong place?" I replied, irritated. Stop talking to me, Mr Baek. My attraction to him was increasing with every spoken word...

"That's true, student. I'm such an amateur."

"I didn't mean..."

"No, no. Don't worry about it," he said, generously giving me another smile. I gulped. He took something out of his pocket - a handkerchief - and offered it to me. "I'm putting you through so much trouble. You're sweating! Take this."

I pushed the handkerchief away, taking every measure to ensure I didn't have any physical contact with him. 

"I refuse, please, stop," I begged as he kept forcing me to accept. His kindness is testing me. "Please!" 

The door swung open.

 

Jiho's POV

"I refuse, please, stop," I heard a voice begged inside the storage room. "Please!"

I immediately opened the door. A man had his arm stretched out while a girl pushed it away. 

Grabbing the man's collar, I slammed him onto a wall. "What are you doing?!" I yelled.

"What are you doing?!" the girl shouted, panicked. She forced us apart and my eyes settled on Karen.

"Ka--" I started but she cut me off.

"He's a teacher! Apologize!" 

"But I heard you..." I gave them a closer look. "He wasn't trying to hurt you? I thought I heard..."

"You heard wrongly," Karen replied sternly. "I would be screaming if he was hurting me."

"So if you're not screaming, that means you are fine?"

Karen gave me an odd look. I couldn't help but add with a cheeky smile, "Well, that's good news...the other day, you weren't screaming either." 

She wasn't screaming when I kissed her. Karen's blurred expression cleared and she looked terrified at my remark.

"Ehem," the teacher cleared his throat. "Im Mr. Baek. And you are?" 

"I'm sorry. I'll take my leave then," I said, putting my hands up. Before leaving, I peered back at Karen, standing frozen in her own thoughts. "I'll also take this girl with me." I grabbed her wrist and closed the door to the storage room.

 

Mr Baek's POV

These students sure have a knack of not telling me their names!