Rule #1

Not A Nice Guy

Karen's POV

In all honesty, I felt like my breath was taken away. 

Jiho looked so sincere and I loved his warm touch on my cheek.

I took a really deep breath - unsure exactly what to say. Should I just be upfront?

Still trying to match a phase that was as sweet as his, I leaned my cheek into his hand. He smiled widely and suddenly pulled me closer. 

We were side by side with his arm around my shoulders. 

My face reddened in embarrassment by his abrupt show of affection.

From afar, we looked close but both of us had our faces away from each other, trying to comprehend the situation.

Kyung and Jihoon just left the makeup room and saw us. I pushed Jiho's arm away in reflex.

"Eyyyy what is this I'm seeing?" Kyung teased. 

"Nuna!" Jihoon exclaimed.

"Um. Okay, I --" I scratched my head awkwardly. "See you guys later."

I quickly walked out but Jiho was trailing me closely behind.

We walked quite a few blocks down before he spoke up, "Is this the way to your house?"

I stopped and stared around, oblivious to my surrounding ever since I left. I was just thinking about what to say to Jiho that I didn't realize where I was heading.

"No," I said, chuckling. "Where are we?" I glanced at him.

His eyes pierced into mine as if he had been waiting for me to look at him.

I automatically smiled and groaned in embarrassment by my rection.

Jiho laughed heartily and was about to pull me towards him before letting his arms fall on his sides. 

"Why?" I asked.

"You're acting really cute," he said in between chuckles.

"Not that. Why did your arms reach out but you just let it fell?"

He stopped laughing and watched me carefully. "Can...I hold you?"

"No," I replied flatly.

"Then why did you ask like you wanted me to?!" he said, frustrated.

Feeling braver, I told him, "We shouldn't touch each other until we get to know each other better."

"What kind of rule is that?" He looked amused. 

"My rule!" I exclaimed authoritatively. 

He chuckled and nodded, "I heard that boys always have to follow their girlfriend's rules."

I planted my palm on his lips, feeling sheepish from the utterance of the word 'girlfriend'.

"Who said I was your girlfriend?!"

He pushed my arm away and bent down closer so that our faces were closer, "Are you still going to pretend you're not into me?" He pushed away strands of my hair and tucked them behind my ear. "Karen, I know all about your deal with Kyung. I know both of you think I'm not a good guy for you."

Jiho's POV

"I don't think I can instantly be a good guy in one night, but I'll try to be good to you," I told her earnestly. "I like you - and you like me too - so I want to be a good boyfriend."

"Don't call yourself that!" she said, shrinking in embarrassment.

"I'm saying it a lot because I'm proud and I want you to know what I think of us as," I continued. "I don't want you to go home wondering what just happened. You know, like in those dramas? Yeah, NO," I emphasised. "I LIKE YOU and YOU LIKE ME. Boyfriend," I pointed to myself, "GIRLFRIEND." I jabbed a finger on her shoulder. Then, on a second thought, I gently massaged the spot I just jabbed.

She rolled her eyes and pushed my hand off her shoulder.

"I'm being serious here," I told her, desperate. How many times had we been friends and then not talking to each other and then friends again? I was not into it. My feelings were already out so I was not interested in playing that sort of game anyway. "Please don't wake up tomorrow and pretend that this did not happen. You always do that. Don't do that."

I guess my begging worked. She slipped her hands into mine and told me, "I get it. Okay."

"You're breaking your own rule now?" I asked, indicating our hands. "No touch rule is now uplifted?"

"One touch! For every honest thought shared!" she justified, leading us home.