Manage

Not A Nice Guy

Yukwon's POV

I waited until Yuni nuna's shop closed at 7pm. She locked the doors and was about to walk away until I put an arm out to stop her. 

"I thought you already left," she said, surprised. 

"I came back," I replied in a depressing manner. "Do you want to go out for a drink?"

She put her backpack down and went through it. After searching, she handed me a can of Coke. 

Was this her way of rejecting to go out with me?

Nuna noticing my disappointed expression immediately pointed out, "It's really late. I need to go home and you do too."

I gave a sigh of defeat. 

"Don't be too sad. We still can walk home together," she added, holding her hand out. I did not need to think twice about taking it.

Nana's POV

"And so I told him we could not be friends anymore," Karen rumbled on. "Nana, what do you think?"

I was too busy multitasking to pay attention to Karen. She called me in the middle of the night just to say that she could not sleep. Suddenly, out came all of her boring life tale. I didn't ask her to share it with me. I was far too busy doing my nails, watching a drama and checking myself out every five minutes on the mirror. Damn, I looked good. Too bad nobody was able to see it. My parents got really angry after I came home really late when I visited Karen. By really late, I meant the next afternoon. Their first way of showing their anger? Banning me from going out tonight. I wanted to show off my new dress so bad!

"Um I guess you are not friends with Kyung anymore," I said.

"You mean Yukwon."

​"Yeah... You know who I mean," I replied. "Say, do you think I look nicer if I wear purple nail polish?"

"You know what, I'm going back to sleep." 

"Karen, I know you are mad," I told her matter of factly. "I'm just real busy right now. Talk to you next time."

Karen's POV

As I snuggled back to sleep, I could not help feeling lonely. Nana has changed - she did not seem to care about me anymore despite the enormous amount of time I spent listening to her. A friend I gained in Yukwon had to be deserted due to our rocky relationship with Jiho. Who do I actually have? At least Yukwon had his group of friends. Lonely.

Jiho's POV

The whole gang was at the Pool Cafe, chilling out. Everybody was talking with each other animatedly but I was quiet like an outcast. I watched Yukwon continuously checking his phone, smiling at every text received. Who is he talking to?

I stood up and they all stared.

"Let's play pool," I invited, nodding my head towards the pool table. Everyone looked wary except for distracted Yukwon, who grabbed a cue stick. "Let's put a bet on it too."

Yukwon just nodded along, busily texting someone. Minhyuk tried to warn him so I glared at him. 

As per usual, I won the game without any hassle. Yukwon was even worse than usual. 

"I won," I stated. He seemed unperturbed by that. "Yukwon ah."

"Yeah, okay, congratulations," he waved off.

"You owe me a bet," I explained slowly as if he was a child. "That means you have to give me whatever I want."

Yukwon's eyes focused on me. He glanced sideways to ask the others. They were all quickly nodding.

"You didn't realize - you were too busy texting," Minhyuk told him, scowling. "Now look what you get yourself into!"

"Um, what did he get himself into?" Jaehyo inquired. 

All of them looked back at me.

I raised my hands up defensively, saying, "Nothing too serious. I just want to know who you're texting."

Kyung groaned in the background. "Not this again?" he asked.

"What?"

"This jealousy --"

"I'm not jealous!" I yelled, frustrated. "Curious, Kyung. Curious."

Yukwon's POV

I felt like a rat caught in a trap. I didn't think that Yuni nuna would be ready to announce our relationship yet. The gang would be constantly poking fun at us if I told them. 

For once, I wanted Jiho to back out of my matter, but when I opened my mouth, only air came out. 

If I revealed to them that nuna and I were getting closer, I might damage our newly blossomed relationship. I had waited more than one year for this opportunity. I could not let it lose now.

So I tried to milk what Kyung said, "Look, Jiho, get over yourself. You have to get a hand on your jealousy."

Jiho stared at me with a gaping mouth. 

Kyung emphatizing with him, added, "We still love you."

"This is not what it's about!" Jiho claimed, throwing his hands around wildly. "Whatever. Whatever!"