Emotions

Not A Nice Guy

Karen's POV

I was still fuming with anger. Did he think teasing me about the kiss was funny? 

"What is the matter with you?" I yelled, yanking my arm from his grip. "You take it so lightly but don't you know that I'm--"  I stopped. Admitting my pain is as equally embarrassing as the kiss.

"Let me tell you one thing about me," Jiho said, coolly putting his hands into his pockets and leaning on a wall. "I kiss girls. And more."

I stared at him in disgust.

"All the time," he added slowly for emphasis. "So I don't understand why you are making a big deal out of it. That kiss meant nothing to me!"

My pride felt as if it was dropped from a fifty storey building right onto a concrete road.

"Then don't make a big deal out of it," I mumbled, unable to find a better reply.

"You're the one making it a big deal," he hissed, poking me on my shoulder threateningly. "You think I can't see you turning around when I come around? Or how you completely ignore Yukwon now? I'm not stupid. I even have to drag you out of that room so we can have a decent conversation although I didn't know you were in it. It's coincidence finding you there. I hope you don't suddenly think I'm obsessed with you. You are not worth obsessing about."

His insults were getting extremely personal.

"You're angry, I get it," he continued after a minute of silence. "This is the best part, I'll let you slap me to get it over with. Alright?"

He gave me a closer look. "Ready?" he said, smiling. 

Jiho was a guy who thinks that since he is already a jerk to begin with, acting like a douche is completely justified. 

I just realized that maybe it was a waste of time dealing with him. The one who is suffering is me. 

My self worth. 

My first kiss meant nothing to the person who took it away. My vision clouded with tears. I had never fallen in love and I accepted that perhaps Prince Charming needed more preparation time before destiny can bring us together. I acknowledged how unattractive I am. Nobody will be falling for me at first sight.

Yet I still felt this was too cruel on me. 

"One, two..." 

I raised my hand, only to pat his back and took my leave. 

Mr Baek's POV

This was too much. I opened the door wide. Only the boy stood there, looking flabbergasted as the girl left.

"Your behaviour towards her is unacceptable," I snapped at him. He eyed me and nodded in agreement. I was expecting a big fight...but I guess he accepted the fact that he was being mean. 

"Are you going to punish me then?" he said, smirking. His seriousness was all gone. He looked amused. "Mr Baek... I think eavesdropping is punishable too."

"I'll keep my eye on you. You just stay away from that girl now, student," I warned. 

He just laughed and left me. I still haven't found the screwdriver though. 

 

Yukwon's POV

Many students were being asked to attend extra classes after school but I was one of the lucky ones who were allowed to leave early. The reward for being a hardworking student.

As usual, I visited the badge store and bought another badge.

"Good choice," Yuni nuna said, flashing me her dazzling smile. 

"You look beautiful today," I said while pretending to check out the other badges on the counter. 

"But you don't," she replied, watching me carefully. "Is something bothering you this week?"

I have been upset the whole week. It must had shown whenever I visited her, though she could not speak to me because my friends were always with me. She's a shy one and she didn't want her cool facade to disappear in front of the others. Seeing as I was the smartest of all of us, today I could come here alone. 

"Jiho," I muttered and she raised her eyebrows. "He scared a new friend of mine away. I really like her."

"Her?" Yuni said. 

"I don't mean - she is - uh - I'm - er - as friends! Really!"

Yuni chuckled and held my hand. "I know." She grazed my fingers with hers. "But he scared her. Not you. So try to be friends again."

"You think I should?" I asked her.

"I don't want you to," she said, pretending to be jealous. "But you deserve to have friends... male or female." 

A customer walked and she immediately stood up, breaking our intimate moment.

 

I intended to meet Yuni again after the customer left but I found myself buying a box of cupcakes. I remembered that I owed Minhyuk cupcakes when I passed by a cake shop.

I dialed his number. He picked up at the first ring.

"Oh, Yukwon ah."

"Where are you?"

"School."

"Wait there, I'll meet you."

"Class is going to end very late... I can't answer this question and I can only go home after I solve it..."

"Really?"

"We'll see..."

I was not too worried though. Minhyuk and the rest eventually leaves their extra classes by escaping so I headed to school anyway.