Angel

Not A Nice Guy

Jiho's POV

"Ya, Jiho, don't you know how worried we were? We thought you were getting beaten up by some punk in school without us," Kyung told me again after a million times. "Where did you go yesterday?"

"Nowhere honestly," I muttered, upset that he kept asking. His questions continued to remind me the bitter memories of yesterday. "Hmph. Boyfriend," I snickered in disbelief.

"What?" Yukwon suddenly looked up from his phone.

This fella and his secret love life. Why was he hiding his relationship from us? I'm 99% sure he was dating Yuni nuna for real. 

"Who are you texting, Yukwon ah?" I teased, smirking. "Perhaps... Yuni nuna?"

"Maybe Karen nuna??" Jihoon added cheerfully. I looked sharply at him. "It could be her!"

A cloud of doubt settled above my head as his words echoed in my ears. Could it really be her? 

I watched Yukwon as he texted on his phone. Karen specifically said she wanted to keep her distance from me and my crew...

"Jiho!" Kyung popped his face in front of mine.

"What?!" I snapped, pushing his face away with the palm of my hand.                                                                   

"You've been so cranky. Have you not been going out enough lately? No la-la-ladies?" Kyung asked, winking. "Or is it just one lady?" Kyung added as an afterthought.

Kyung knew me well enough to gauge my reaction.

"This girl I know suddenly told me she has a boyfriend," I confessed to Kyung quietly. "What does it mean?"

"Er...maybe she has one?" he replied doubtfully.

"No, no, no," I shook my head stubbornly. "She doesn't have one. I would know."

"Do you know her well?"

"I know she doesn't have a boyfriend."

"How can you be so sure?"

"She just doesn't!" I replied, frustrated. 

Kyung looked awkwardly around and whispered, "Jiho, are you okay? Why does it matter if she has one? Don't you sleep with them anyways?"

I groaned. I honestly did not know what my answer to his question was. 

"Why are the teachers not in class anyway?" Minhyuk asked. 

Jaehyo snapped his fingers, "I heard there is going to be a general assembly today!"

Right when he said it, the principal made an announcement through the PA system to go to the hall for our emergency assembly. 

"Should we just skip this?" Taeil asked me. "There's way too many people for our presence to even matter."

"No," I said, smiling. "Let's see the students today."

Karen's POV

It had been awhile since we lined up for assembly in this school. I had not seen the students properly since early of the year when we had a 'Welcome back to school!' assembly. 

Everyone walked into the hall and gathered around their classmates. Looking around interestedly, one significantly tall figure popped out in the crowd and I quickly turned away.

Jiho! Oh goodness! He was the last person I thought would attend this assembly. 

I tried to shrink my body but ended up hitting my head on Suho's back. He was my kind class president.

"Ah! Er, sorry," I awkwardly rubbed his back apologetically. Suho smiled and stepped beside me.

"I feel much better now," he joked and I couldn't help laugh at his easy going nature. Suho turned to look behind us and I couldn't help follow his gaze to only find myself meeting Jiho's eyes.

Crap! I quickly turned to the front and helped Suho break eye contact with Jiho by literally pushing his face away.

Suho stared at me, incredulous. 

I tiptoed and whispered into his ear, "I don't think it's a good idea to maintain eye contact with him."

Suho listened well and just gave me an okay sign in response. Gosh, what a nice guy.

A group of student pusheds their way forward beside me and I stumbled sideways into Suho. He kindly put an arm around my shoulder to balance me and I smiled at him for his kindness.

"Pfft, boyfriend," I heard Jiho muttering to himself. 

Then I realized what was crossing Jiho's mind and that this might be the opportunity to show him I was taken! Suho naturally was nice so he was suitable to be my momentary boyfriend.

"Suho," I said brightly, grabbing his arm with both my hands. "Stand here - away from the sunlight." 

I kept my distance with Suho really close. My shoulder was brushing on his constantly. Though I felt apologetic, I was pretty sure Suho was unfazed by this. He had a number of fans being class president and quite the good looker in class so being admired openly was nothing new to him.

He often provided good fan service in return too. 

"Suho, you haven't button up this sleeve," I commented, helping him with it. He just looked at me with a smile on his face. 

I was starting to fix every single thing I could get my hands on.

"Suho, your hair--"

"Oh dearie, your pants got dust--"

"That's a real nice watch--"

"Look at your shoes--"

"Yaa," Jiho loudly said from behind us. "Ya, what's this?"

Suho tried to turn but I prevented him.

"Ya, annyeong," Jiho greeted Suho, stepping in front of us. "Annyeong boyfriend."

Suho looked confused. Oh no! Direct confrontation! 

I didn't think Jiho would be this bold.

"Have you told him about what happened yesterday?" Jiho asked innocently at me. He gave a sarcastic smile at Suho. "We had sooo much fun."

"Stop it!" I warned Jiho, watching eyes look curiously at us. 

"Why? What's wrong?" Jiho taunted.

Without warning, I was pulled into the crowd and out into the school corridor. 

"I'm so sorry!" I apologized to Suho, who was staring at me questioningly. 

"What's going on?" he asked, letting my arm go. "What did that guy want?"

"Nothing! I think he thought you were my boyfriend," I admitted. "Maybe I led him to think that too," I added, guilty.

Suho laughed and patted my back. "Is he giving you a bad time?"

"Yesss."

"Do you want me to pretend to be your boyfriend?" he asked with a caring expression. "I don't mind. Just give me a heads up beforehand," he told me, chuckling.

"Ye - yes, okay," I stammered.