Chapter 7 - Jong Dae's secret

When Jong Dae becomes Chen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : After this chapter, going on a hiatus for a bit. Would you miss me? xoxo

 

"And in 5,6,7,8." Sehun counted loudly and Jong Dae started dancing next to him. Tomorrow was the big day. He would have to show his dancing to not only the dance instructor but Lee Soo Man sunbaenim himself.

Sehun dancing next to him -with him- just provided a slight relief to Jong Dae.

"Hyung, are you paying attention?" Sehun prodded while glaring at the older boy through the mirrored wall. Jong Dae nodded quickly but Sehun could detect a flash of worry from his face. Sehun sighed. "Just a few more times and we can go rest up for tomorrow, okay?" Jong Dae nodded again, not willing to speak because he was afraid that his voice would shake. He was afraid that Sehun would find out how scared he was.

Sehun looked at the tiny frame dancing next to him. For the past week, Sehun had silently studied Jong Dae and learning more about him through his little mannerisms. Sehun wasn't the type to talk to someone to get to know them, he studied them from afar and memorise their every quirks. He felt like he knew Jong Dae more now and that makes it much harder to stay away. For example, Jong Dae doesn't like eating in the morning and despises breakfast. Jong Dae gets hungry after two hours of practice. Jong Dae drinks coffee almost as much as water. Jong Dae likes lying down on the floor of the dance room and singing softly to himself to relax. Jong Dae tends to scold himself when he messes up. Jong Dae loved sleeping by lying his head on someone's shoulder preferably someone that is taller and is Sehun. Jong Dae also see dancing in a different perspective that Sehun could never understand but was starting to. Instead of dancing to the beat, Jong Dae dances to the tone, mood, lyrics and feel of the song. Instead of seeing music as an accompaniment to dance, he saw dancing as the side and music as the main focus. Sehun was a dancer but he can't help appreciating music he never had before especially if the music was coming out of a the mouth of a certain clumsy guy who can't turn around well.

"HYUNG...how many times have I said to turn in a swift motion and not take 4 steps turning like a robot." Sehun complained for the thousandth time. Jong Dae again smiled apologetically and mumbled a quick sorry. Sehun started to really worry. Jong Dae usually whine that the dance moves are too hard or ask Sehun to dance for him one more time or do it again with a bit of improvement but instead he was just staying quiet and Jong Dae is never quiet. "Hyung." Sehun called and walked forward to Jong Dae. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Sehun ah. Let's continue." Sehun was again flashed with that forced smile and he detected something from the older's voice. Fear.

They danced a bit more but Sehun could see that Jong Dae's heart wasn't in it. He danced the whole routine without a flaw and was the best so far but there was no life in his performance. Sehun decided to ignore it. "Hyung, we can stop. Let's leave and get some rest." The clock was already showing it was ten at night and they had to report at seven sharp next morning.

"Alright. You go first, I just want to clean up a bit." Jong Dae waved at Sehun and gestured him to the door. Sehun was curious as there was nothing to clean up for but decided not to push it. He took his bag from the bench, said a final goodbye to Jong Dae and walked out of the room. He was at the lift before he realized the bag was too light to be his since he brought two pair of shoes in it. He looked closer and saw it was Jong Dae's bag. Since they used similar bag, he must have grabbed the wrong one. Cursing himself for being clumsy, he retreated back to the practice room. Sehun opened the door of the room silently and he saw Jong Dae sitting alone hugging his knees to his chest and was slightly shaking. Sehun felt panicked.

"Hyung." Sehun called out. Jong Dae turned around and stared at Sehun with a blank expression. "Hyung." Sehun repeated and walked over to where Jong Dae was at and place an arm on his shaking body. "What is wrong?"

"Nothing."

"That wasn't nothing."

Silence.

"Hyung."

Silence.

"Hyung."

"Sehun, just don't. Just don't bother." Jong Dae spat out and Sehun jumped back. He released his grip on Jong Dae's arm, still in shock. That was the most harsh tone he had ever heard from Jong Dae who was usually the most patient and well-mannered guy. Jong Dae got up quietly and took his bag from Sehun's grasp and turned to leave. 

"But hyung..." Sehun trailled off when Jong Dae already left and the door closed shut behind him. Sehun looked around the small practice room he had grown accustomed to with a boy he thought he knew. He was left alone with a thousand questions buzzing in his head.

 

~~~

 

"Hey Jong Dae, how was pra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter