Chapter 5 - Jong Dae in Phase 1

When Jong Dae becomes Chen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IMAGE disclaimer : Guess in the comment section who's mouth is whose! The first 3 who guesses all 12 correctly(from left to right then down) will be spammed with awesome gif's of EXO tomorrow. Tell me if you want more games like this in future chapters~

A/N : A bonus chapter to entertain you awesome aliens while I am writing the long one. No BG music because there are numerous links throughout the chapter for you to go listen to.

 

"Are you nervous?" Baek Hyun asked softly. Jong Dae and Baek Hyun were summoned by SM representatives for a meeting—something that has never happened before two days—after the performance that was probably turning their life around. It took Jong Dae one day to believe that they were really given the opportunity to debut and another day just to face other people. Yesterday was the most awkward experience of his 19 years alive.

"They are all staring at us." Baek Hyun whispered to Jong Dae as they walked in Advanced Vocal class. It was rather obvious from the stares how the trainees in that class felt about these two newbie trainees given the chance to debut, something they have been waiting for years.

There was the I-wish-I-was-you glare, I-hope-you-get-hit-by-a-bus glare, I-wish-that-SM-would-realize-you-were-both-idiots-and-think-properly-and-choose-me-who-was-far-superior glare. The latter was surprisingly shown on a lot of faces, the combination of envy and disgust. 

The best news was when Joon Myeon approached them with a wide grin accompanied by an expressionless Kyung Soo. "We are given a chance to debut too!" 

"What do you mean?" Jong Dae perked up at this.

"News are they are picking people to debut in a big group and some people have been chosen to try out if they fit that group's image and how well they blend with other possible trainees that might end up being their group members." Kyung Soo added, again with his stoic look.

"Wait, so we are not confirmed? Like we might not even debut in that group?" Baek Hyun asked fearfully.

"Well, they haven't decided how many are in the group but they know the direction they are going with so they are taking in some of the trainees and see who got what it takes to join. There were already a few trainees picked and trained for a few months for this. Basically, yes. You are not confirmed. But so am I."

Joon Myeon and Baek Hyun's smile depleted simultaneously. Jong Dae was a little affected by Kyung Soo because he felt expressionless too. For the past day, he was trying to convinced himself that he was going to debut soon even though he lack experience and training, he told himself maybe he was good enough. It was just too sad to think if they were asked to train for this group but then in a few months to be told they don't fit in the concept and asked to revolt back to just another trainee. Jong Dae wondered how long it would take if he had to convince himself instead that he wasn't debuting because he failed a golden opportunity.

With Joon Myeon's permission, Jong Dae moved seats, planting himself next to Baek Hyun who was new in this class. Joon Myeon sat next to Kyung Soo probably to get close to his possible group member. Jong Dae thought if he were Joon Myeon, he wouldn't be particularly afraid since he trained a long time and probably was the most ready among all the contenders. Baek Hyun was busy telling him how fearful he was about the matter, how he was scared they won't choose him and suddenly about the new eyeliner brand that really makes your eye bigger.

“…And you should totally try it, Jong Dae."

Jong Dae was only half listening when Mrs. Kim walked in with their regular vocal trainer, Ji Soo Min sunbae.

"Hello everyone. I am here to personally deliver the news. A lot of you have been wondering and yes, we are debuting a new boy group soon and are recruiting some of you to tryout to see if you fit the group's image. They were already some trainees training for this group's debut for a few months now but nothing is confirmed. We have decided to add more people in and from the advanced class, this are the names which we see potential in fitting the group." Mrs. Kim gestured for the clipboard and the vocal instructor quickly hand it to her.

"They are Kim Joon Myeon, then Do Kyung Soo, Park Woo Hyun, Ryu Ryeo Bin, Kim Jong Dae and Byun Baek Hyun. All the names called please follow me. Others can just resume class with Soo Min shi."

Jong Dae along with Baek Hyun got up from their seats. He looked around and see four other guys do the same. They all filed out of the class after Mrs. Kim who were walking in an amazingly fast pace. They reached a room and they walked in, all their mouths gaping. It was the most high-tech recording booth Jong Dae had ever seen with just about everything equipped. It was also comfortable-looking in the booth itself and the sound control room which they were in. There was a large glass looking into the recording booth. Mrs. Kim sat in front of the sound board with a few people already there and asked the trainees to sit on the long couch. She talked to the sound technicians for a bit before turning her attention to all the anxious trainees.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter