Chapter 9 - Baek Hyun's struggle

When Jong Dae becomes Chen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : So this is one of those bonus chapters before easing back into the main story. The other bonus was Chapter 5.

 

Baek Hyun could feel someone near him. He couldn't open his eyes or even cry out for help. He felt trapped in his own body that was failing him; all the limbs refused to move on demand. Baek Hyun concentrated hard to reach out his arm to touch the warm presence in front of him but just when he thought he was getting somewhere, he was hit with a wall and blackness overcame everything.

The next time Baek Hyun woke up again, the same warm feeling was in the room. He could hear breathing but there was something odd about it. Like the person was up a lot of air to breathe. Something wet fell on his hand that he knew was being held by that person's warm hands. Tears; that person was crying. For some reason Baek Hyun wanted to comfort the latter or even cry together but both was impossible and the harder he tried, the faster he lost consiousness.

This time Baek Hyun woke up due to voices. He tried again to open his eyes but it was hopeless. He sighed but he doesn't hear himself.

"He has been asleep for days. What do we do?" Baek Hyun strained his ears. It wasn't like the voices was whispering but it just sounded soft to his ears. The deep voice sounded very familiar but even Baek Hyun's brain was failing to recognise it. It hurts to think so he stopped trying.

"I'm scared." Another voice called out with despair. Baek Hyun cringed but he knew he wasn't moving.

"Did he even come see him once?" Who, who were they talking about? Baek Hyun wondered and tried asking but he couldn't feel his mouth. 

"No." The other voice said sadly.

"How could Jong Dae not even care enough to come to the hospital to see Baek Hyun when he is like this?" This time the deep voice sounded angry. 

Jong Dae. Jong Dae. Jong Dae. Baek Hyun's brain might not be working properly but he wanted Jong Dae here. If Baek Hyun could cry, he probably would but instead he was invited into the darkness once again.

"Baek." A voice called. Baek Hyun's senses became alert straight away.

Jong Dae.

"Baek, I'm sorry." The voice whispered and Baek Hyun felt a tingering sensation on his forehead from Jong Dae's lips.

Jong Dae, don't cry.

"Baek, I love you. Please wake up." The voice whispered urgently and the grip on Baek Hyun's hands was tightened.

Jong Dae, I'm trying.

"I wish you could hear me." The voice said once more before sobbing.

Baek Hyun internally sobbed along.

"Doctor, is he okay?"

"He's fine. He is just in a temporary coma."

"When will he wake up?"

"I can't tell you that for sure but in cases like this, if the patient had strong urge to wake up, he will so just keep encouraging him."

"Thank you."

"Also, love and care from the people that love him will help in the process." Baek Hyun heard the door open and closed. Someone left but the other voice was still in the room.

"Baek Hyun ah, wake up." The deep voice whispered and the voice kept saying it until Baek Hyun was lulled to sleep once again.

The door opened and a few people walked in. They were quiet and the silence was depressing for Baek Hyun who couldn't even open his eyes to see who they were.

"Baek Hyun." Someone's strangled voice called and Baek Hyun knew it was female. Soft hands grabbed his and he could hear more crying. He was starting to really despise crying.

"Baek Hyun, it's your family." A male voice said and Baek Hyun knew it might be his brother, Baek Bom and his parents. "You need to wake up to greet us." Baek Hyun as usual tried to move his arms but it wasn't working. It never works.

"My baby." The female voice whispered again, leaning her head against his chest.

Omma.

"We will find out who did this to you. I promise." A deep voice said and Baek Hyun silently thanked his dad. They stayed a long time. Long enough that Baek Hyun didn't realized he fell asleep until he woke up to a quiet and cold room.

Baek Hyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter