Chapter 6 - Jong Dae the temporary M1 member

When Jong Dae becomes Chen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : For this chapter, listen to this song just because they are perf.

 

What am I going to do?, Jong Dae thought sourly. He closed his eyes and imagined a future where his team mates consist of a guy that hates him and a guy who runs away from him. His future ain't looking too bright. Jong Dae sneaked a peek at Sehun sitting on his right and saw the younger boy was doing everything in his power to avoid looking at Jong Dae. Jong Dae sighed at his bad luck. Of the hundreds of trainees, he has to come face to face with two guys that would make things uncomfortable. Jong Dae was okay at being hated by Ryeo Bin. It was Sehun that really hurt Jong Dae for treating him like that and Jong Dae doesn't even know what he could do to fix it. All he knew was that he really want to.

"Annyeonghaseyo." A tall clean-shaven man greeted as he came in and took a seat at the head of the conference table. All the trainee got up hastily while Jong Dae and Baek Hyun remained dazed. 

"Get up and bow, hyung." Sehun whispered hurriedly. For a moment, Jong Dae forgotten about their awkwardness and thanked him before dragging Baek Hyun up with him to bow at the stranger.

Once everyone was seated again, Jong Dae still didn't know who he was and why everyone reacted like he was such a big deal...wait he couldn't be..."Is he the CEO of SM Entertainment?" Jong Dae whispered silently. Baek Hyun shook his head, indicating he doesn't know too but when Jong Dae turned to his right, Sehun nodded at him before avoiding Jong Dae's gaze again. 

"Thank you all of you for coming on such short notice," Lee Soo Man, CEO of SM said, oozing charisma. "For some of you more precisely seven, this was a monthly meeting to discuss the progress of M1. I have decided just a few weeks ago with other advisors of the M1 project that the group needs to be bigger thus we are adding more trainees in. Right now, sitting in front of me are 13 other trainees that I have not met yet excluding the 7 original M1 members on my right." He gestured at the seven guys sitting comfortably next to him. "I have some bad news for the seven of you. You aren't the confirmed members anymore and you might be included in the trainees that get dropped from this project and go back to becoming a regular trainee." The shock and upset on their face was simultaneous and Jong Dae started feeling bad for them. "All of you must work hard in the coming two months and by then the decision would have been made who stays and who don't. Now please introduce yourself briefly to everyone, your name, age, years of training, speciality and nationality." Jong Dae was surpised by the last one, he thought everyone here was Korean-born.

The one nearest to Lee Soo Man to the right spoke up with confidence in his voice. "My name is Kim Jongin, I'm 17, I have been a trainee for 5 years, specialty in dance and I'm born in Korea." And everyone after Jongin introduced themselves :

Kim Min Seok, 21, 4 years, dance, Korea

Shin Woon Ha, 20, 3 years, dance, Korea

Kang Seung Tae, 18, 2 years, vocal, Korea

Park Chan Yeol, 19, 4 years, rap, Korea

Lu Han, 21, 2 years, vocals, China

Justin Lee, 22, 5 years, rap, US

Kim Joon Myeon, 20, 6 years, vocals, Korea

Do Kyung Soo, 18, 2 years, vocals, Korea

Yoon Chi Wong, 20, 3 years, vocals, Korea

Kris Wu, 20, 5 years, rap, Canada

Huang Zitao, 18, 2 years, rap, China

Oh Sehun, 17, 4 years, dance, Korea

Kim Jong Dae, 19, 1 year, vocals, Korea

Byun Baek Hyun, 19, 1 year, vocals, Korea

Choi Jae Wan, 21, 3 years, dance, China

Zhang Yi Xing, 20, 4 years, dance, China

Son Jong Han, 22, 2 years, vocals, Korea

Kim Han Pyo, 19, 4 years, vocals, Korea.

Woo Ha Jun, 20, 5 years, dance, Korea

"Alright now that that is done." The CEO said after clearing his throat. "As of today, you would no longer be in the normal classes for vocal, dancing and other things you are learning as a trainee. You will all be trained together and all of us in charge of this project will take note of your progress and some of you might be out of this project by the end of November." Everyone looked glum and Jong Dae couldn't help but imagine himself being asked to leave the project which made him felt burdened. Could it get worse than this? "Now, all of you would go for dance practice because M1 is going to focus a lot on strong dance moves besides amazing vocals." I guess it could because I can't dance.

 

~~~

 

"No one is born a dancer." Their dance instructor in charge of M1 reassured them. The twenty people in Project M1 was separated into Low, Medium, High on their levels of dancing and it was no surprise when Jong Dae was put in low. Baek Hyun, Joon Myeon and Kyung Soo were all in medium which just made it worse for Jong Dae. "All the great dancers achive it by lots of hours of hard work so it isn't impossible for all of you to do well." The dance instructor looked around the upset looks of the four people in the low group and sighed. "Everyone gather together." All twenty trainees shuffled themselves in front of the dance instructor.

"To make things easier for the trainees in the low group formally called beginners, I am going to assigned each of them a mentor who is more experienced in dance." The dance instructor strolled casually to the high group and looked at a few of them before nodding. He already made a decision and picked four of them. "Kim Jong In, Oh Sehun, Choi Jae Wan, and Zhang Yi Xing please step forward." The dance instuctor asked the low students to stand in a line and gave them each a mentor. Jong Dae silently prayed, as long as it's not- "Oh Se Hun. You will be helping Kim Jong Dae." Both Sehun and Jong Dae's face drop. Of ALL people, why do I keep getting stuck with him?, Sehun complained in his mind.

"Okay, now before you start working with your mentee, I will give you all a dance routine to memorize and it would be a partner dance so you would have to work together. Besides the 8 people who already have partners, the remaining 12 people please partner up." Jong Dae could see Baek Hyun partnering up with a very tall guy that was smiling brightly. "Kwon Di shi, can you come be my partner to show them the routine?" Their dance instructor suddenly asked a man who was sitting on the bench using his phone. The man who the dance instructor called Kwon Di got up and walked over to sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter