Cupid

What's for Breakfast? [ChanBaek Oneshot/Drabble Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Oh my god, would you seriously grow a pair of balls already?!"

It's February 14th and Baekhyun and Jongdae are sitting in the cafeteria for breakfast. Baekhyun is once again staring over at the popular kids' table, right at the object of his affection for 4 years and counting. 

"You know this could be as easy as walking your round diva over and saying "Hey Park Chanyeol, would you be my valentine?" and getting it over with, right?" Jongdae asks, growing impatient with Baekhyun's lack of male anatomy.

"It's not THAAAAT easy, Jongdae! He's Park Chanyeol; I'm just a loser." Baekhyun mumbles turning back into his seat and continuing his lunch in defeated silence. He doesn't notice the smug look on Jongdae's face.

"Oh but it is, Baekhyun... If only you knew..." Jongdae thinks to himself.

 

 

"You set my heart ablaze and my body on fire. Will you be my valentine?"

Baekhyun stares blankly at the card in his hand. He blinkes a few times and rescans the card making sure he 1. Read it properly and 2. Triple checked for a name, which there wasn't. Jongdae comes up and slaps his arm around the older's shoulder, causing for a rather unmanly yelp from the boy.

"Whatcha got there, Baek?" The younger teases.

"A Valentines card. But from nobody though." The older replies.

"Maybe it's from the student council? You know how they do random things right?" Jongdae says and Baekhyun nods in agreement. He looks at the card again before stuffing it back in his locker and closing it before heading to class.

By the time his morning class was over and he opened his locker to grab his books for afternoon class, Baekhyun definitely did not expect a pile of cards to fall out and drown him with it. 

"What the hell?" He asks looking at the mess around him. He picks one up and looks at it. The exact same message written on it, all however many there were of them. There was one bigger card at the bottom of the stack, right on top of his afternoon class books. He opens it and reads it.

"It wasn't the student council. But maybe if you come by to the front gate after school, I would be able to ask you in person to be my valentine?"

Baekhyun simply takes his books and shoves them in his bag, not knowing how to react to the possibility of having a secret admirer. He cleans up the mess of cards and quickly heads to the cafeteria for lunch. 

 

 

After a long day, Baekhyun's completely done. He just wants to go home for the weekend. He quickly takes his stuff and tries to leave before the end of school rush but on his way out, he notices something. Not just anything, but 6 feet of Park Chanyeol and...JONGDAE?! Baekhyun sees Chanyeol giving what appears to be a bouquet of flowers to the shorter male and Baekhyun almost loses it. Betrayed can't even describe how he feels seeing his best friend (who knows of his 4 year crush) receiving flowers from aforementioned 4 year crush. Chanyeol pats Jongdae on the shoulder before the smaller runs back into the school before looking up and staring dead at Baekhyun right in front of him. His eyes grow twice the size as he can be seen mouthing an "Oh .", before chasing after Baekhyun who, out of sheer emotional overload, ran back inside the school.

"Baekhyun! Wait!"

Baekhyun doesn't

Please log in to read the full chapter