Christmas Day

What's for Breakfast? [ChanBaek Oneshot/Drabble Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

December 24th - Christmas Eve

 

"Thank you for making dinner, Baekkie!" Sehun says as he takes a bite of his turkey leg. Chanyeol raises his head to glare at him while chewing on his food.

"Excuse you Sehun, only I'm allowed to call him th--"

"Baekhyunnie this is so delicious! I can't believe you made this!!" Luhan all but yells from across the table. His face seems to be contorted in some weird happy excited way that screams "FEED ME MOAR NAOOOO!"

"Hey! I had a hand in helping too you know!" Chanyeol mutters, but is seemingly ignored.

"I hope you don't mind if Jongin and I take some of this home for tomorrow. This is delicious, Baekhyun!" Kyungsoo says, patting Baekhyun's back as he heads to the kitchen to refill sides.

"Oh me too!" Junmyeon says excitedly

"Yeah, can I take some too Baekhyun?" Minseok asks politely.

"Me too." Kris states simply.

"Of course, everyone can take some home!" Baekhyun says, to the delight of his friends

"What are we gonna eat tomorrow if they take everything, Baek?" Chanyeol mutters, pouting a little. Everyone seems to be having a great time except Chanyeol. It's not that Chanyeol isn't, but he's been getting ignored by Baekhyun for most of the day. He guesses it's because he was busy with the meal and all, but even though that part is over, he's still getting ignored. 

 

 

"I'm probably overthinking it. I should be a better host anyways." He sighs to himself as he washes the dishes. He volunteered to take care of them so that he wouldn't have to deal with being jealous that Baekhyun is giving everyone attention but him, though the constant sound of his husband's laugh coming from the living room isn't helping him deal. He finishes the dishes and decides to just hang out with Kris since he seems to be the least involved in Baekhyun's discussion about boxing day sales. He takes a seat beside Kris on the couch and Kris turns to see Chanyeol without his teeth-rich smile.

"Why are you so mopey? It's Christmas, buddy! Even I'm smiling!"

"It's nothing. I'm just a little exhausted from the day, that's all." Chanyeol lies nonchalantly. Kris narrows his eyes at Chanyeol before turning around and leaning back on the couch.

"You're jealous that Baekhyun isn't spending time with you aren't you?" 

"Am I really that easy to figure out?!" Chanyeol's hands cover his face as he rubs his eyes.

"I've known you for years now, Yeol. Remember though, how often do we all get together like this? Besides it's only one night. Tomorrow, he's all yours."

"Yeah, I guess..." Chanyeol sighs. He continues to talk to Kris and doesn't notice the occasional glance from Baekhyun, who feels guilty every time he catches his giant's face fall.

 

 

"Thanks for having us, Baekhyun! You're so great, as always!" Luhan tightly hugs Baekhyun before taking off with Sehun, waving goodbye the entire time.

"Thank you for coming Lulu! Merry Christmas!" Baekhyun says as he closes the door after seeing Luhan and Sehun off, "That's the last of them, Yeollie. Are yo--"

Baekhyun turns to see Chanyeol on the couch with his eyes closed, sleeping soundly. A trickle of guilt makes its way into Baekhyun's heart as he steps closer to his giant. He didn't mean to neglect Chanyeol, but he was overwhelmed by everyone else and didn't have the heart to tell them to leave. As he sits next to Chanyeol, Baekhyun leans on his husband's shoulder and rubs his arm soothingly.

"Yeollie?"

"...Mmmff..."

"Sorry for ignoring yo

Please log in to read the full chapter