How they met Part 2

YOU AND ME

Sorry for the delay but here's the last part.

ENJOY!!!

 

 

 

 

-----

“Stop sulking already. What do you want to drink?” Tiffany asked.

They are now sitting in a bar stool inside of one of the famous club in New York, that’s what Tiffany said. She should’ve seen that coming, she hate crowded places and club is a crowded place so she hates club. The only silver lining tonight is that Tiffany looks stunningly beautiful. She was wearing a strapless one-piece pink dress, her hair cascade down past her shoulders in a wavy pattern while she herself was wearing sleeveless navy blue dress with a thin leather belt, at least she’s got to wear her favorite color.

“I don’t drink” she replied.

“One non-alcoholic drink and one martini please” Tiffany said in English and sweetly smiled at the bartender.

 “You grew up in US but you never entered clubs” Tiffany said in disbelief tone while sipping her drink.

This is probably one of the reason why she has tendency to be loud, because despite of the loud music she can still hear what Tiffany is saying.

“It’s just not my kind of thing”

“What?” Tiffany moved her ear closer.

“Not my thing” she said louder and the scent of Tiffany invade her nose.

Tiffany sit straight while nodding, she turn her look at the dance floor. However, Taeyeon never took her eyes of off Tiffany, the more she spent her days with her, the more she tends to like Tiffany. She knew she’ll be in trouble but Tiffany always brighten up her days, cheesy at it may sound but it’s been a while since she felt this way again. It’s been too long, way too long, the memories of her suddenly invaded her mind and  she felt bitter again. She was snapped from that thought when she felt her shoulder were being shaken and the face of a worried Tiffany looking back at her.

“Taeyeon-ah, are you okay. I’ve been calling you many times”

“Yeah. Im sorry”

“Are you really that uncomfortable. Let’s just go back to the hotel if you want”

Taeyeon waved her hand off  at Tiffany.

“I’m fine. I-“

She was cut off when a good looking American guy suddenly interrupt them.

“Hi” the guy look at both of them but stay at Tiffany “I’ve been watching you and do you want to dance?”

Tiffany turned her look at Taeyeon and then the guy.

“Im sorry pro-“

“Hey go ahead Tiffany, I’ll be fine here,” Taeyeon assured.

“Are you sure?”

“You could join us if you want” the guy suggested but Taeyeon shook her head.

“Go ahead, please don’t make me feel like your babysitting me” Tayeon said in their native language.

“Alright” Tiffany walked to the dance floor together with him.

However, Tiffany was stealing glances at Taeyeon who were just sitting at the bar stool and just looking at the crowd. She saw that some guy approach her but Taeyeon reject them all. She sighed and excuse at the guy she’s dancing with and walk back to their sit.

“That was fast, not your type?” Taeyeon teased.

Tiffany order a new drink and look at Taeyeon.

“How can I enjoy the night if your like that? Why did you reject those guys whose approaching you?“

“I don’t really dance and how many times should I tell you, don’t worry about me?”

“It’s impossible. What would you feel if I went with you in that amusement park and I let you ride alone?”

Taeyeon frowned at Tiffany’s comparison but startled when Tiffany suddenly hopped from her seat and grinned at her.

“What?”

“Dance with me then”

Tiffany doesn’t even wait for her answer and she was literally dragged at the dance floor. It was awkward first for Taeyeon but manage to keep up at Tiffany’s energy. She make sure not to move too closer at Tiffany’s though coz she might faint right there and then.

They were both panting when they go back at their seat.

“For someone who said she don’t dance, you surely enjoy that. You should’ve told me you want to dance with me” Tiffany smiled with a hint of teasing.

“Excuse me, I was literally dragged earlier” she was glad that the light is dim so her flush face couldn’t be obvious.

Tiffany laughed at Taeyeon’s reaction.

In her relief, Tiffany never dance with another guy again although the girl keeps on drinking but at least she’s not as wasted like before.

 

 

Tiffany is a bit tipsy that’s for sure, they were standing in front of their own room when she couldn’t find her key card  in her bag. What the! I swear I didn’t lose it, she perfectly remember that she put it inside her bag and that’s when it hit her, it was on another bag, it was a last minute decision when she change to a clutch.

Taeyeon notice the dilemma and chuckle.

“You can use my phone” Taeyeon open her door widely.

“I just lost my key card  last week and I’ll have to ask for another spare key again. They will think Im stupid. That is so embarrassing why can’t you understand that Taeyeon”

Taeyeon were staring at Tiffany amusingly when the girl starts to rumble about her situation. Tiffany was seating at her couch while she was standing beside the phone.

“So what do you want to do then?”

“Can I stay here tonight”

“What?” Taeyeon was taken aback at that.

“Please and when I’m sober, I’ll go no we’ll go at the reception area and then we’ll figure it out.”

“Tiffany, what is the difference of calling now and going to the reception area?”

“Aiishh, if you don’t want to just say no” she suddenly stand up which is a bad idea because she felt dizzy, she almost lose her balance but Taeyeon held her in time.

“Are you okay?” she turn her look at Tiffany’s face, wrong move.

“Please Taeyeon-ah. I don’t want to face them in this state.” Tiffany pouted and stared at her with those hopeful puppy eyes.

How can she say no to that.

“Alright”

 She was tackled, the moment that word left .

“Thank you so much”

Taeyeon stiffened at the sudden gesture and when she was about to return the hug, Tiffany let go.

“Let sleep” Tiffany walked into the connecting room.

Taeyeon shook her head while her eyes follow the retreating back of Tiffany. Your crazy Taeyeon.

She followed her in the room and Tiffany was already lying on her stomach.

“Don’t you want to freshen up a bit”

Tiffany opened her eyes.

“You’ll need to lend me some clothes”

“I think I have some that I haven’t use yet” she open her cabinet and started looking while Tiffany sit up and watch Taeyeon.

“What?” Taeyeon asked when she saw at the corner of her eyes that she was being watch.

“Taeyeon-ah be honest okay. Am I becoming too annoying and bothersome already?”

Taeyeon chuckled and approach the younger girl. She put the clothes in her lap and ruffled her hair.

“I’ll make sure to tell you right away if ever I feel that way but for now I can still handle the childish act”

“Yah, I’m not childish” Tiffany shoved Taeyeon and stomped to the bathroom.

Yeah right! Taeyeon chuckled. Why does she have to be so cute when she’s drunk.

After Tiffany, she goes next. Tiffany was already sleeping when she walk out of the bathroom, she fix her blanket and then took the other pillow to sleep on the couch, she only take two steps when Tiffany suddenly speak.

“Where are you going?”

“Yah, don’t scare me like that? Im going to sleep”

“Where”

“In the couch where else?”

Tiffany sit up until her back hit the headboard

“So you mean, when I first slept here, you sleep in the couch?”

“Aha, goodnight” she turn her back.

“Taeyeon-ah”

“I’m sleepy Tiffany” she whined at her.

“You can sleep here too you know. The bed is too big for both of us and were both girls anyway”

Tiffany lay down again but Taeyeon didn’t move in her place and just stared at her.

“Don’t stare at me like that. I won’t do anything to you Kim Taeyeon” Tiffany jokingly said.

It is not what you will do but what can I do to you. Taeyeon silently sighed. If you knew my preference, will you even asked me that?

“Taeyeon go to sleep” Tiffany shouted.

Taeyeon lay down at the other side of the bed.

 

----

Taeyeon woke up when she sense the discomfort at her right hand, she tried moving it but she couldn’t, she huffed and turn her head but her nose bump into something. Taeyeon opened her eyes, squinting but all the sleepiness gone when she saw Tiffany’s sleeping face right in front of her. She tried to move back but her body won’t follow and when she looked down, that’s when she realize Tiffany was cuddling her. Her arms were draped  around her waist and so her feet were on top of her thighs. Taeyeon tried to slipped from her but Tiffany only tighten her hold, she can feel her warm breath at the side of her face. Crap. She breathed in and out trying to calm her nerves. She was even afraid that the girl will woke up to the loud beating of her heart.

 When her body starting to relax, she slowly turn her head and watch the girl sleeping face. Why do you even have to look gorgeous when sleeping. Am I just being bias because I like you?. Yes, she likes Tiffany, she couldn’t deny that and she already accept that fact as well as the truth that Tiffany wouldn’t like her in the way that she does. Hey eyes travelled down at the slightly parted lips, Taeyeon gulped and turn her head at the ceiling. Taking advantage of her is the last thing she wanted  to do. She closed her eyes and started chanting her favorite food and toy in her mind. Jellyworms. Gummy bears. Ice cream and peas,  Jellyworms. Gummy bears. Ice cream and peas.
Jellyworms. Gummy bears. Ice cream and peas. Jellyworms. Gummy bears. Ice cream and peas

And she was glad it worked and she dozed off.

 

Tiffany thought that she was only dreaming when she heard someone’s talking but the noise continue so she slowly opened her eyes. That’s when she saw and heard Taeyeon talking.
“No No No peas is mine. No”

“Taeyeon” she called her but the girl didn’t budged and saw the close eyes. Tiffany giggled  when she realized that Taeyeon were sleep talking and now notice the close proximity realizing that she is almost on top of Taeyeon cuddling her. By reflex, she let go and moved back. What in the.. Taeyeon stir a little but didn’t wake up. Tiffany placed a hand on her chest as her heart was beating wildly. She was probably surprised at what happened. She turned her back at Taeyeon, trying to ignore the fluttering feeling and goes back to sleep but she suddenly feels cold. She moved the blanket closer to her and startled when she felt Taeyeon’s hand hugging her waist, pulling her closer.

Peas. Mine.” Tiffany immediately  covered her  mouths to suppress her laugh after hearing  what she  mumbled. She immediately goes back to sleep, thanks to the warmth that Taeyeon provides.

 

-----

“You don’t have any plans with Taeyeon?” her brother asked. She was currently at her brother’s house to play with his nieces but they went to visit their grandmother together with their mom.

“She went out of town” she were flicking through the various channels while his brother were preparing snacks.

“You didn’t go with her” he put the snacks at the coffee table.

“Why would I go with her?”

“You seem to love her companion” he smirked.

She smacked his thigh.

“Stop teasing me with her Oppa. It’s not funny, anymore” she whined at her.

“I’m just kidding, okay. I just miss teasing you.”

“Can you just miss me without the teasing”

“It’s impossible”

She glared at him.

“Well, you told me Taeyeon is an actress right?”

“Why?”

“Then you should let me see her in person, at least invite her in one of our dinner.”

She raised her eyebrows at him.

“What?! I am happily married so I will never steal her away from you” she said seriously at first but failed hard after he finished his sentence.

“Ok that’s it.” She stands up “I’m going back to the hotel”

His brother hold her wrist to prevent her from walking away.

“Okay, Im sorry” he coughed because of too much laughing. “Your reaction makes me want to tease you more” he pulled her to sit back and gave her the bowl of chips.

“Why are you so sensitive when it comes to her, you usually retorted back every time I tease you” he commented but his attention was now in the TV, so he is not really waiting for an answer. But that comment struck her mind and left her questioning herself, too.

 

------

“Good evening madam, how can I help you?” A tall American man in a black suit greeted them at the door.

“I have reservation. Kim Taeyeon.”

The man checked his reservation sheet and nodded. “I’ll show you to your seat.”

“Let’s go Tiffany”

They followed the guy until they’ve reached their sit.

“Do you like it?” Taeyeon asked.

“I’m impress, how did you find this?”

“I had a meeting with Appa’s client here before. It’s not crowded, nice ambience and great food”

They talk random things while waiting for their food to be served.

“So how’s the company's party?” Tiffany asked.

“Boring” Taeyeon frowned “ I wanted to leave the moment I entered the place.”

Tiffany laugh heartily.

“So did you went to your brother?” Taeyeon asked back.

“Yeah” Tiffany suddenly remember her conversation with his brother.

“Did you miss me?” Taeyeon asked in a teasing manner.

Tiffany’s heart started to beat in a different pace when she stared at those eyes, good thing the  waiter came by with their dinner, and she turned her head to the food. What the hell is happening to me.

“Tiffany, are you okay?”

Tiffany heaved a deep sigh, look up and give Taeyeon a reassuring smile.

“Of course, I am probably just famish” she reasoned.

“Alright, I’ll also let you have wine tonight” she suggested.

“Are you sure about that Taeyeon”

“If it is something to cheer you up then why not, but know your limit okay”

“I am totally fine but I will not decline your offer ” Tiffany grinned.

They were quietly eating their meal and sometimes exchanging opinions about their food when a girl suddenly called out and approach Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon.. wow.. it’s really you”

Tiffany observed the American woman, she is probably within their age and she is good looking. She raise her eyebrows when Taeyeon seems to recognize the girl and smiled.

“It’s been a while. What are you doing here in New York?” the unknown girl asked Taeyeon too sweetly for her liking.

“Vacation.” She can see at the corner of her eyes that Tiffany was watching them.

“Me too” the girls said excitedly.

Tiffany cleared and that’s when the girl notice her.

“Oh, Im sorry..I didn’t mean to disturb your date”

Tiffany and Taeyeon eyes widened upon hearing that.

“No, Michelle, its not a date” Taeyeon started to panic.

She nervously face Tiffany who still look surprised.

“Michelle, th- this is Tiffany, a friend of mine.” She scolded herself for stammering.

“Hi, nice to meet you” the girl just look at her briefly and turn her head at Taeyeon.

“So are you dating anyone right now” the tone of her voice change and that makes Taeyeon more nervous.

“No” she answered in small voice.

“Hold on” the girl took a calling card from her wallet and gave it to Taeyeon.

“I’ll be staying for another three days, maybe we could catch up or something”

Taeyeon just nodded and the girl bid goodbye. She sit back and take a glimpse at Tiffany who was staring at her food– lost in thought.

“She was a friend of mine way back in college.”

Tiffany said nothing. She was replaying on her mind about what the girl said earlier. Why did she mistaken us as if we were dating? And she even said it in a very casual way. And the way she talk at Taeyeon, she can bet all her salary for the whole year that the girl was totally flirting with her. The “we could catch up or something” is totally give away. Is Taeyeon… 
 

She look at Taeyeon but the girl was looking down so she excused herself to go to the ladies room. Taeyeon cover her face with her palm out of frustration. She knew that the younger girl might figure it out and it’s not like she doesn’t want her to know the truth but what if Tiffany tend to be awkward from her again. When Tiffany went back, Taeyeon tried to start a conversation but Tiffany always gave her a short answer. Just to end the tension for the night, she suggest for them to go back at the hotel and the awkward silence continue on their way to the hotel.

 “I’m sorry for disappointing you” Taeyeon said and went inside her room. Tiffany was left outside in front of her door , it seems like Taeyeon just confirmed the speculation that is running on her mind the whole night, she sighed and get inside of her room, too.

 

------

Taeyeon didn’t get to see Tiffany after that night, she didn’t know if the girl was avoiding her on purpose. They accidentally bump to each other at the lobby of the hotel.

“I’m sor-“ Taeyeon stopped when she recognized who it is.

Tiffany were wearing a shimmery, silk, emerald coloured dress which fell to slightly above her knees. She looks stunningly beautiful it hurts because the girl couldn’t even make an eye contact with her.

“Going out” Taeyeon tried to smile.

“Yeah”

“Okay. Just don’t get too drunk” she ended the conversation right away.

Taeyeon walk towards the elevator without looking back, it feels like they’re back to being strangers again.

 

Tiffany stares at Taeyeon’s back until it disappears from her sight. She still cares even though I change.  She ended up at the park instead of going to a club, thanks to that sudden meet up with Taeyeon. She was now sitting at an empty bench just watching the crowds while her mind replaying all the time she spent with Taeyeon. She was surprised to realize that she actually spend her vacation with her more than his own brother, which is the reason why she pick New York.  She was shocked but not appalled when she found out the truth about her, but why she couldn’t face Taeyeon, that she wasn’t sure herself. She find it hard to stare at those brown eyes because it gave her different feelings she couldn’t explain.

She decided to go back at the hotel when she made up her mind to at least talk to Taeyeon. She doesn’t want her to think that she was disgusted of her. She was in front of Taeyeon’s door and about to knock when she notice it was slightly open. Furrowing her eyebrows, she quietly enter the room and somehow getting worried for Taeyeon. There is no one in the living room and decided to check the connecting room but she stopped from her tracks when she heard Taeyeon talking with someone

“I’m sorry” it was Taeyeon’s voice.

“So she’s not just a friend right”

“W-what”

 Tiffany doesn’t want to eavesdrop and decided to leave but her name was being mention.

“That girl, what’s her name again. Tiffany”

“No, she’s really just a friend”

“But you like her right, not just as a friend but more than that”

Tiffany widened her eyes, she took all the courage to peek at the other room because she wanted to see herself how will Taeyeon answer that but a gasped escape from when she saw the compromising position of the two. Tayeon whose sitting at the edge of the bed were straddling by the girl whom she recognized as the one they met when they had their dinner.

Her gasped must be heard by the two when they both turn their heads at her direction.

“I I I’m sorry, I didn’t m-mean to, ah your door was open and I” Tiffany felt her face was all red now so she quickly apologize again and she half running back towards her room.

Taeyeon blood run cold when she saw Tiffany’s shock face. She was stunned for a second and immediately chase the girl, she manage to stop the door of Tiffany  from closing and followed her. She held her wrist and turn her around.

“It’s not what you think Tiffany”

Tiffany yanked her arm free.

“It doesn’t matter what I think. I don’t care what you want to do with your life!” Tiffany said harshly. She notices the hurt expression and for a second regrets her words.

“Are you really that disgusted with me?”

“Wha….I am not”

“Then why are you avoiding me?” Taeyeon took the courage to stare at Tiffany.

“Why didn’t you tell me the truth?!  Why did you hide it from me?!” Tiffany asked back instead, her voice is much louder than usual.

“I never hide it from you. Everyone knew about it. My manager knows it. My agency knows it, heck, even if you search on me, then you’ll find out how open I am about this.” Taeyeon said exasperatedly.

“Is that girl right? Do you really like me in that way?”

Taeyeon said nothing and averted her eyes.

“Is that the reason why your all being nice to me?” said Tiffany.

Tiffany met her gaze and saw the pain and disappointment in those eyes.

“Is that what you really think of me?” Taeyeon said not hiding the disappointment on her voice.

Tiffany felt bad and guilty, her plan was to talk and explain her side to Taeyeon but that unexpected scene that she accidentally saw kept her muted. They’ve only known each other for what 2 weeks or more than that but Taeyeon already make her feels a lot of things that she couldn’t figure out. It confuses her so much and she hated it.

“I like girls and yes, I do like you” Taeyeon broke her thoughts.

Taeyeon decided to just tell it straight. As much as she like Tiffany but the way she was being treated and the last question being asked at her hurt a lot.

“Now you have all the right reason to totally avoid me. I wouldn’t even take it against you if you’ll just forget that we actually met here in New York. I will stick to my promise about what happens here stays here in New York thing.” Taeyeon smiled bitterly.

“But just for the records, I have never taken advantage of you nor I act out being nice through all those days we spent together.” She gave her one last look before she walked out of the room.

Tiffany stayed rooted at her ground even if Taeyeon was no longer in the room. To hear the truth straight from her just mess up her emotions more and all the thoughts that circling on her mind add that last statement that Taeyeon said made her head ache. She heaved a deep sighed. What have you done to me, Kim Taeyeon?
 

 

===

Tiffany was inside a mini bar of the hotel, seated in a bar stool while sipping a glass of red wine. Taeyeon was obviously avoiding her after that talk. She once saw her at the dining area to have breakfast when their eyes met, the girl looked away and went to the other side of the room. And then there’s one time, she was inside the elevator when the door opens revealing Taeyeon. The girl stop from stepping inside when she saw her, instead she let other people get inside. She tried to hold the eye contact but Taeyeon step back and look for another elevator. She wants to aggravate with Taeyeon's actions but she couldn’t blame her, and why does she care too much on how Taeyeon feels? Or is she much more concern on how she feels towards Taeyeon? Tiffany groaned and order one tequila shots or make them two. She’ll be needing that to confirm something for herself.

 

--------------------------------

Taeyeon was lying on her bed doing nothing. She’s not in the mood to go out and afraid she’ll bump to the girl whose been occupying her mind for some time. I can’t believe I confess to her, now the chance of at least having her as a friend reduced to none. Taeyeon frown when the doorbell rings, she was sure she didn’t call for room service however the ringing doesn’t stop so she walked to the door, opening it without looking through the peephole.

“I didn’t ask for—Whoah” A drunk Tiffany fall right in front of her when she opens the door. She managed to stood in the ground saving them for falling straight to the floor.

“Tiffany” she tried to push her shoulder but the girl were tightly holding her neck.

“Sleep. Now.” Tiffany mumbled.

“Let’s go to your room” she step forward.

“No no no” Tiffany whined and hold her tightly, her whole body was leaning forward.

“What the….”  Taeyeon walked backwards, she was planning to deposited the girl on her couch and she was almost there when she tripped at something and fall right into the couch, thankfully, but she still groaned in pain because all the weight of Tiffany was pressed in front of her. She tried to ignore the fluttering feelings on her stomach knowing that Tiffany was practically on top of her and Tiffany’s lips was planted firmly on her neck.

“Fany-ah” Taeyeon bit her lip when she realized how she called her.

Taeyeon was thankful when Tiffany budge, lifting her head but want take it back when their face was now so close, their nose almost touching each other. Tiffany gaze at her with those half lidded eyes indicating how drunk she is.

“Taeyeon-ah” Tiffany whisper, the latter's ragged breath hitting her lips.

Taeyeon grimace when she smells the alcohol but her eyes stop at those luscious red lips.

“Why do you like me?” Tiffany muttered.

Taeyeon turn her look at Tiffany’s eyes but the latter was now staring at her lips. Her mind go static and her heart beat incredibly fast especially when Tiffany unconsciously wet her lips.

“I have never kissed a girl before you know?”

“Your drunk Tiffany” Taeyeon stated calmly, any minute from now she might lose control. She squirm under her trying to slip but the girl pinned her down more.

Taeyeon gasped when she felt her lips press on mine. Tiffany gently nibble on her upper lip then her lower lip. Taeyeon unknowingly close her eyes, Tiffany definitely knew how to kissed. She knew she will be in trouble after this but then this might be the first and last time it will happened. She responded to the kiss and Tiffany must realize it since the girl kissed her with more eagerness. She let her take control and a little moan escaped when their wet muscles collide. Tiffany kissed her feverishly and she responded back passionately. Tiffany’s lips was so addicting that even though she was already running out of oxygen, she didn’t dare to let go, finally, Tiffany pulled up, cheeks flushing and panting for air. Taeyeon slowly open her eyes and met Tiffany’s gaze. She saw something in those eyes but even before she can put a name on it, Tiffany lay her head back on her neck and snuggle.

Taeyeon slowly s her  arms around the girl waist and gently hold her.

“Why are you doing this to me Tiffany Hwang” she whispered to herself.

 

====

Tiffany was out in the veranda on her brother’s house  watching the night view. Her thoughts was on the night where she kissed Taeyeon. She was fully aware of what happened since she only pretended that she was drunk. Her plan was just to give her a simple kiss but when Taeyeon respond to her, just the memory of it sent shivers down her spine and the tingle on her lips couldn’t seem to go away. Taeyeon wasn’t on her room when she woke up, and she didn’t know if she was glad for it or not. She doesn’t even know how to face her after that.

“Here’s your hot chocolate”

Tiffany was startled when her oppa suddenly appear and sit right across from her.

“Thank you, oppa” she took the mug and take a sip.

“So what it is that you wanted to talk to me?”

“Ahh about that” Tiffany fidgeted with the handle of the mug and carefully put it down, She was trying to think of the right words on how she can convey her feelings right now.

“Is this about Kim Taeyeon?”

Tiffany lifted her head  and saw the amused expression of his brother.

“Oppa , you know that I like guys so why do you keep teasing me to her? ”she seriously asked.

“Because of you reactions”

Tiffany looked at his brother confused.

“You only act like that when you like someone” he added.

“What are you saying?” Tiffany tried to hide her flush face. Her brother laughed.

“Stephanie, I know you from head to toe. When Appa passed away “ he paused for a while “I promise that I will take care of you and Umma. Remember how I spoil you when we were kids even until now, and we never hide secrets from each other. The last time I saw you like this is when you had your first love, you look like a lost puppy that you didn’t know what to do.” He chuckled.

“Yah” Tiffany frowned with the comparison.

“So……..”

Tiffany heaved a deep sigh.

“She likes girls” she mumbled.

“Were talking about Kim Taeyeon here, right” he nonchalant said.

Tiffany was baffled with the response of his brother on what she just revealed.

“Did you know Stephanie that you never failed to mention her name every time you come and visit us here. There was even one time that you compare her to Kyungsan  (his 2 year old son). Let me quote it “OMO, he has chin dimple like Taeyeon” he laughed after that.

Tiffany doesn’t even remember that and surprise at what her brother  just reveal.

“I’m curious so I search her in the Internet and that’s when I found out that she’s into girls just like what you said”

“WHAT?! You knew all along” Tiffany screamed.

“Steph, don’t scream, the kids are already sleeping”

“Why didn’t you tell me” she hissed.

“I just found out the other night, and it seems like she’s very open about it so I thought you somehow knew, so is this the reason why your not hanging out with her anymore. Are you avoiding her?”

Tiffany shook her head.

“She told me she likes me” Tiffany  said.

“Oh, wow, even a famous celebrity actress fell in your charm.”

Tiffany is not amused.

“Do you like her too?”

Tiffany choked while sipping her hot chocolate at his brother straight forwardness.

“How can you….” She glared at him.

“So you don’t like her? Stephanie, you have to be honest with yourself and you will always be my baby sister, no matter what!”

“This is not easy Oppa, I don’t know why am I feeling this towards her, all my life I like guys and then just like that, I I” she couldn’t even finished her sentence.

“I tried looking at other girls in that way but I couldn’t even think of them and me” Tiffany even scowl in that idea, she actually tried that when she went in a club but she still find guys attractive.

She look at his brother as if he was contemplating something.

“Then, maybe you only like her.”

Tiffany ponder on what he said. Is that even possible?

“So your problem is not because Taeyeon likes girls and she likes you but because you couldn’t accept the fact that you like her too” he said that as if he just solve a mystery.

Tiffany hid her face behind her palms and groaned. I like Kim Taeyeon.

“Have you ever thought that maybe you only liked her as a friend, since she’s your only companion here in New York?”

Tiffany looks at his brother, that’s what she thought also but that kissed, you wouldn’t enjoy a kissed from a friend right, the memory of it invades her mind and she tried to battle the butterflies that were now beginning to flutter in her stomach.

His brother saw the daze looked and chuckled.

“I guess the answer is no” he stands up and approached her sister.

“Talk to her.” He kissed her head  “sleep here and then tomorrow “ he lowered her head to his ear and whispered  “go get your Taeyeon”  he laughed and she blushed hard.

Even before she inflicted him with pain physically, he run away through the sliding door.

“Stephanie, if you think she’s worth it then go for it. No regrets remember ” he smiled and get inside.

Tiffany smiled at what he said, she didn’t expect that he will take this lightly and she was grateful for that.

 

 

 

===

Taeyeon just finished packing her luggage and placed it on the living room when the doorbell rings. She peeked through the peephole and step back when she saw Tiffany. Why is she here?  She peeked again, making sure that the girl outside is not drunk and in the right state of mind. Should I just pretend that I’m not here.  She decided to stick on that idea but Tiffany started knocking on her door.

“Taeyeon, open the door. I know your in there.”

Taeyeon  sighed and open the door slightly.

“Why are you here?” she asked nonchalantly but deep inside she was nervous of seeing her again after that kiss.

Tiffany bite her lip unconsciously, she lost all her confidence once she saw the impassive face of Taeyeon.

“Can we talk?”

“There’s nothing to talk about, didn’t we already make it clear the last time?” Taeyeon replied sarcastically.

Tiffany was speechless, this is the first time that Taeyeon give her that kind of tone. She must be really mad at me.

“I I” Tiffany stammered and tried to smile “I think I caught you in a bad time? I just….

Taeyeon sighed inwardly and open the door wide.

“Get inside” she walked to the living room.

Tiffany hesitantly get inside, she closed the door and followed Taeyeon. She didn’t fail to notice the pack luggage.

“Where are you going?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon who is now sitting at the end of the couch, she took a seat at the other end.

“I’m going back to Seoul” Taeyeon replied in a serious tone.

“I thought  you’ll be staying for another week?”

“I don’t have any reason to stay” Taeyeon was bewildered on Tiffany’s reaction but she shrugged it keeping a blank face.

“When are you leaving?”

“I am leaving tonight so if you don’t mind, can you please tell me what it is that you want to talk”

Tiffany ignored the annoying tone. She is leaving tonight. She couldn’t help but be saddened with that news.

Taeyeon was about to speak again when Tiffany looked at her.  She began to fidget under her gaze and this is not first time that Tiffany looked at her that way, the last time was after they kissed.

“I’m sorry” Tiffany said softly and dropped her gaze.

“I wasn’t avoiding you because of that but I’m not going to deny that I was surprised when I found out.” She stole a glance at the girl who just quietly listening to her.

“You’re a very nice person Taeyeon and I really enjoy your company. We were doing fine but this past few days you started to make me feel things that I couldn’t give names but I didn’t think too much about it. So when you told me you like me, that’s when things became very confusing to me.”

Taeyeon still wasn’t able to get her mind around what Tiffany was saying.

“All my life I’ve only find guys attractive and I am sure until now. I cannot look at other girls in that way. I tried-“

Taeyeon frowned and tried to mask the pain at what she heard. She knew right from the start that it will end this way and she doesn’t need to hear it so she cut her off

“Look Tiffany, I know you like guys and I’m not asking you to change your preference.  So if this-“

“Can you please let me finish first” she annoyingly said, she was about to confess but Taeyeon has to cut her off.  Tayeon shut up instantly.

“I tried to avoid you because I wanted to figure out why am I feeling this towards you. I even console Oppa about this and I realize that I couldn’t like girls that way but you’re an exception” Tiffany’s voice softened at the last part, she take a glimpse at her but she couldn’t read her face.

“Are you telling me that you like me in the same way that I like you?”

Tiffany nodded.

“Don’t force yourself on this one Tiffany, you don’t like girls and please don’t experiment with me?” her mind just couldn’t accept it immediately but her heart says otherwise.

“What?! How could you accuse me of that? Why would I even experiment on this kind of thing Kim Taeyeon?! And if I wanted to experiment why would I even have to choose you, Do you know how complicated our situation is?” Tiffany raised her voice, she thought that Taeyeon will be happy but the older girl seems like doesn’t believe her.

“I’m not accusing you Tiffany but this feels surreal to me, I even tried myself to stop liking you because I knew I will end up getting hurt and I was right” she couldn’t hide the pain in her voice anymore .
 “When you started avoiding me like a plague“ she paused for a bit  “and then you’ll come here and told me that you like me. How can you be so sure about it?”

The guilt of hurting Taeyeon came back to Tiffany. She wanted to come closer to her but she knew she have to make things clear first.

“After we kissed” she replied at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon eyes widen in surprise. Tiffany smiled a bit at the expression.

“I remember everything Taeyeon-ah. I know that I was the first one who initiated the kiss so you don’t have to worry, thinking that you take advantage of me” She knew how Taeyeon struggle at that night.

“I remember how it felt and I knew then, that I like you not just as a friend. It’s a fact that I couldn’t deny anymore.” Tiffany felt relieved after she comes clean.

Taeyeon couldn’t believe her ears. Tiffany just confess to her that she likes her. TIFFANY HWANG LIKES HER.  When all that finally sink in, she looked up and met Tiffany’s gaze.

“Where does that leave us then?” Taeyeon asked carefully. Even though Tiffany admits that she likes her doesn’t mean she wants to take it to the next level.

“I don’t know. You tell me, you’re the one whose expert on this one” Her eyes strayed away from Taeyeon's piercing gaze.

Taeyeon move closer to Tiffany. She took the courage to hold her hand that was resting on her lap.

Tiffany was surprised with the gesture but she didn’t let go and looked at Taeyeon but the girl’s eyes were fixed on their hands.

“Would you like to go out to dinner  with me? Tonight?”

“Are you asking me out on a date Kim Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked and smiles amusingly.

“Yes I am” Taeyeon replied back grinning.

“But aren’t you leaving tonight?”

“Well, I have a reason to stay now for another week so dinner tonight?”

“I would love too” Tiffany said with a wide smile plastered on her face.

Taeyeon intertwine their fingers.

“Tiffany, it won’t be easy especially when we go back to Seoul, just like what you said it is complicated.” She gently rubbed the back of her hand with her thumb.

“I know” she said softly.

“So I think the best way that we can do to protect this is to hide it for now. Let’s not tell a single soul, just you and me.”

“I am actually thinking that too but are you sure about that? I don’t want you to think that I am agreeing on this because Im ashamed that-“

“I know your not. A lot of celebrity couples do that”

“Oh. So we are a couple now huh” she tightens her hold at their intertwined hands.

“By the way, my Oppa knew about this. Is that Okay? “

Taeyeon nodded.

“Our family deserves to know the truth.  So I guess it is fine. But Tiffany if ever the time comes that you feel you can’t continue this, please be honest with me. Just tell it to me straight.”

“Really, were just starting and your talking about breaking up”

“Just promise me” she let go of her hand and lift up her pinky in front of Tiffany.

“What are you, a kid!”

“You’re the one who said that I look like a college kid” Taeyeon smiled her dorky grin.

“Then you’ll promise the same thing too” Tiffany pouted.

“I don’t need too. I tend to keep those things or people that are very special to me. I wouldn’t let you go until you told me so.”

“Okay then I won’t just promise but prove to you that I’m here to stay” Tiffany  locked their pinkies together and before Taeyeon totally let go, she pulled her closer and give her a short peck on the lips.

Tiffany giggled when she saw the wide eyes and the pink cheeks.

“Cute” Tiffany remarked and stand up.

“Where are you going?” Taeyeon asked after she recovered from that unexpected kiss.

“I’ll help you out to bring your clothes back to your closet”

“Oh you should be, oh I have to inform the staff that I’ll extend my stay and I have to cancel my flight, too” Taeyeon searched her phone and urgently make the call.

Tiffany’s smile never fades while observing Taeyeon who went into a frenzy mode. I know your worth it, Taeyeon-ah. 

 

 

 

============================================================================================================================

Lame? hahahahaha Finally I am done with these so we can finally go back to the present time on my next update. I like writing that one more....less headache.  :))))