Jealous

YOU AND ME

 

=====

 

There are other celebrities who watched the screening aside from Tiffany and Taeyeon. They actually knew some of them but that doesn’t take them out of the spotlight. Heads turned, whispers got louder and phones and camera were pointed at their direction. They somehow getting used with it, they even let some photographers to take a picture of them before they went inside the cinema. They were holding hands when they take a sit and Taeyeon notice the smile.

“Why are you smiling like that? Can’t wait to see your Edward?” Taeyeon teasingly said.

Tiffany cutely shook her head.

“I just can’t believe were actually here in a movie theater together. I’ve always wanted to do this you know”

“Me too except the movie- Awww” Tiffany squeeze her hand tightly.

“No silly comments” Tiffany warned.

“Alright alright” Taeyeon kisses Tiffany’s cheek. “You look really beautiful tonight” she whispered in her ear then kissed it.

Tiffany faced Taeyeon and smiled to her sweetly.

“You’re not bad yourself and your such a darling in glasses” they exchange stares for a while when Tiffany felt like there’s something missing “Taeyeon, where’s our popcorn?”

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows “But we just had our dinner”

“But I want popcorn” Tiffany whined like a kid. “Please”

Taeyeon sighed in defeat. “Okay, I’ll be back”

Tiffany grinned “Thanks Tae”

 

-------

They were now walking back to the car park and Taeyeon were just quietly listening to Tiffany who were spazzing over the movie that they watched. They were close to their car when they heard someone squeal.

“Oh my gosh, Tiffany, Taeyeon!”

They both turn around and saw a teenage girl who looks really overwhelmed while flailing her hands in the air.

“Ca-can I have a picture or an autograph please?”

“Sure” Tiffany said.

After they give her request, Taeyeon get inside the car first while Tiffany still somehow talk to the fan. She knew how Tiffany loved her fans and she’s very good in fan service too and  she knew that  the younger girl were  doing it sincerely, not like her although she do appreciate and thankful to her fans, there are times that she really doesn’t want to be bothered especially on her private time.

 Tiffany is a social butterfly and she loves people which is exactly the opposite of her, there is one time that Tiffany even asked her why she chose this kind of job which is not in her personality and told her that it is something she’s good at while she knew that for Tiffany it is her passion.

A phone rings interrupting her trail of thoughts, at first she thought it was her but it happened to be Tiffany’s phone which she left at the car. She answered it when she thought it was important.

“Hello-Tiffany” they both said at the same time. Taeyeon didn’t talk when she hear a man’s voice over the phone.

“Hello Tiffany” the guy speak again, Taeyeon check the phone screen and that’s when she read the name “Dennis”, at that moment Tiffany entered the car.

“Sorry for making you wait” Tiffany said.

“It’s for you” Taeyeon give the phone towards Tiffany.

Tiffany take the phone and look at Taeyeon in confusion but answer the call.

“Hello” Tiffany answered and glance at Taeyeon when she found out who is the caller.

“Yeah………no its okay…………I’m not yet home……I’ll tell unnie about it….okay…bye”

Tiifany put the phone back at her bag and look at Taeyeon whose eyes were on the road. She couldn’t exactly tell if Taeyeon’s mood change since her face were blank, but then Taeyeon is not a jealous type, that sometimes it irked her that she, herself get easily jealous but not Taeyeon. She didn’t know if Taeyeon is overconfident or just really trust her, must be the latter.

“What?”

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows when she heard her speak.

“You’ve been staring at me for a while now and please buckle up” Taeyeon said glancing at the other girl.

“We’re not that far”

“Still” Taeyeon sternly said.

“Okay, I’m doing it now” She put the seatbelt on. “There. Happy now” she asked sarcastically.

“Very much” Taeyeon fakingly smile then put back her serious face.

“Bipolar” Tiffany muttered. She heard Taeyeon’s chuckle. Very bipolar.

 

-------

They were both surprised to see different flowers on Tiffany’s garden once they arrived at her home. They look at each other in confusion.

“Did you order all of this?” Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany shook her head. They entered the house and a servant approached them, since Tiffany’s mom left to New York, her mom insisted to at least have some female servant in their house so that there will be someone at home when she’s at work.

“Ms. Hwang, all the flowers were delivered just this afternoon. And they said to give you this one specifically” the servant handed her a bouquet of pink flower and if Taeyeon is not mistaken it is a rose of sharon flower.

When the servant leave them two alone, Taeyeon took the card and that’s when she found out who did it came from “I suggest you put this one on a vase right away. Hope you’ll like them all. Dennis.” says on the card.

“So is he courting you now?” Taeyeon asked in a cold tone.

“Wha- of course not!” Tiffany stared wide-eyed at Taeyeon. “Tae, he knew that I am in a relationship now and he even knew that it was you.” She explained looking straight at her eyes.

Taeyeon’s eyes soften. “Then why did he-” she didn’t finished her sentence hoping that Tiffany knew what she meant.

Tiffany place the flower in the couch and faced Taeyeon.

“It was probably one of our conversation where he mentioned to me that his uncle owns a flower farm and I said that I think it would be nice if I’ll have a variety of flowers in my garden, I didn’t know he would actually deliver this.”

“You never like flowers that much” Taeyeon said frowning.

“Yeah” Tiffany look at the flower in the couch “but they’re beautiful right, I have never thought he’ll gave me the national flower of Korea though” Tiffany giggle a bit.

“Tsk. You only like it because its’ pink” Taeyeon grumbled. I would have given you all the  national flower in every country that you can see in the map.

Tiffany turned her face at Taeyeon with amused expression.

“Well, well what do we have here?” Tiffany cupped Taeyeon’s face “I have never seen you this jealous that much” Tiffany said with a sly smile.

“I’m not jealous” Taeyeon denied. “I just think it is very inappropriate for HIM to gave you flowers, I mean why would a guy gave  a woman flowers huh” Taeyeon explained and pursed her lips into a cute pout.

Tiffany just giggle and pinched Taeyeon’s cheeks, ignoring the screaming protest from the older girl.

 “Yah, why did you do that?” Taeyeon rubbed her palms on her cheeks when Tiffany let go.

“Because you’re so cute when your jealous”

“I said I’m not-“

“Yes you are, stop denying it Kim Taeyeon! Taetae is jealous, Taetae is jealous”she said in a sing-song voice while picking up the rose of Sharon in the couch.

Taeyeon growled and without warning, she grabbed Tiffany and kissed her hard. “Why would I be jealous if I’m the only one who can kissed you and make you feel like this” she whispered, after letting go of Tiffany's lips.

Taeyeon chuckled happily when she saw the dazed look on Tiffany’s face. She picked up the flower that Tiffany probably dropped when they’re in the middle of the kiss.

“You might as well put this in a vase. Bye Miyoung”

The door closes and Taeyeon’s gone.

Tiffany stands there in a daze with a flushed cheeks. Darn it!

 

=====

Tiffany’s recent drama with Dennis Oh is a big hit. Earning them a high rating on its premier and continued to rise above its competitors. They receive good reviews from critics and their character so as their team up where all been received in a good way.

Taeyeon is now watching one of Tiffany’s interview.

~~~~~

“So how do you feel now that your show got the highest rating in all the series drama that were currently in show right now! You and Dennis were both perfect with the story’s character, you have a good chemistry and its obvious by your numerous fan club, I wonder how Taeyeon take this” the MCs asked in a jokingly manner.

Tiffany tried to laugh along the MCs but she really doesn’t want to dragged her personal relationship into this.

“We’re both in the same industry so she understand and support me in every way that she can just like me to her and for our show” she diverted the topic right away “ we just really have a very interesting storyline, probably the reason why we earn a lot of viewers, I think whoever will play this character , the drama will still be surely a hit, were just very lucky to get the role.” Tiffany said never leaving the smile on her face.

“You have a point however is this true, you had a dinner with Dennis and his parents?”

They showed a picture of that in a big screen earning some screams from the fans.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon clenched her jaws, she didn’t expect that they will going to asked her directly about that, she was also surprised when she saw the picture  in the internet but Tiffany explained to her everything so she just simply ignored it.

“Yes that was true but it is not only me whose present on that dinner, we were actually together with all the staff so I’m really amazed how they managed to have a shot like that” Tiffany replied.

“So what’s your reaction when netizen finds out that you met Dennis parent’s but not yet Taeyeon’s”

Tiffany tried to act cool and nonchalant despite of the questions that was being thrown at her. She managed to clear everything out and sighed mentally when they divert the topic on their show again.

~~~~~~~~~

Taeyeon turn off the TV and sighed. She knew it must be hard for the younger girl, since she was being careful with her answers not disappointing her fans and of course, her.

“It’s tough right!, well your both famous so you should expect people always talking about you”

Taeyeon turn her head at Chen who sits beside her and give her a drink.

“Don’t worry, it’s just light”

Taeyeon took it “Thanks”, and stayed quiet, lost in her own thoughts.

 

====

She decided to drop by on Tiffany’s taping before she went to one of her engagements but she also make sure that Dennis will not be present on the scene. She feels like it will be awkward for all of them, thus might not be good for Tiffany. She bid farewell and leave the station, she used the back entrance and now walking on a hallway alone when she heard two man speaking, she just ignored it but stopped on her tracks when the name of Tiffany mention. Out of curiosity, she silently take a peek and immediately recognize Dennis talking to a guy much older than him.

“Tiffany is already taken, so don’t be impulsive Dennis” the older guy said.

“Hyung, I know that and I’m not going to do anything stupid. I respect her a lot and I will never do anything to break her trust.”

“Then stop liking her on that way, you’ll just gonna give yourself false hopes”

“She’s not yet married”

“Dennis” the older guy said in a stern tone and Dennis just chuckled.

“Hyung, why so serious? I treasure our friendship now and no one knew what the future will bring so…

Taeyeon walked out of the building with a clenched fist.  He likes her.

 

=====

Tiffany keeps calling Taeyeon phone but the girl was not answering her call. She was now in the aiport going to Japan will all staff and their co-actors including Dennis, she will stayed there for two weeks for some scenes that need to be shoot. The last time she saw Taeyeon was when she visit her at her taping and since then they become both busy added the fact that their schedule were conflict to each other. She tried one last call but still the result is the same.

“Tiffany, we need to go” Soojin said.

Tiffany nodded and put her cellphone back on her bag.

And that two weeks extended for another week, and Taeyeon never contacted her once, not even a text. She tried to racked her brain if there something she did that might aggravate the older girl but she came up with none. She wanted to throw tantrums at Taeyeon’s attitude but she doesn’t want to be a burden to the team, so she busied herself with tapings and even went out at one of the famous club in Japan. She tried not to think of Taeyeon’s behavior for now and decided to confront the girl when she goes back home.

The day when they went back to Korea, Tiffany went to Taeyeon’s pad at the same night. The older girl is not yet home so she easily punched in the code and decided to wait inside.

She didn’t know how long she waited when she heard a beeping sound indicating that Taeyeon’s home already. She stands up and wanted to confront her but she changed her mind when she noticed the tired look on Taeyeon’s face. She slowly approached the older girl who were taking her shoes off.

“Hey”

Taeyeon almost lose her balance when she heard it and stand up straight, surprised is evident on her face. She suppressed a laughed at the cute reaction.

“Sorry. Are you surprised?” Tiffany take off Taeyeon’s coat and  hang it on her arms. “Aren’t you gonna say anything” Tiffany asked but Taeyeon just simply look at her for a bit.

Tiffany was very disappointed at Taeyeon’s lack of reaction. The older girl just passed her and went straight to her room. Tiffany gulped hard and held back her tears at the unwelcomed gesture that she just received. She felt tears welling up in her eyes so she placed the coat at the couch and leave.

Taeyeon just change into a much more comfortable clothes and went out of her room and saw Tiffany is already at the door, about to leave.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going home, you look really tired and it seems that you don’t like my presence here” Tiffany said without looking back at the older girl and leave.

A tear finally escaped from Tiffany’s eyes while walking to the elevator. She thought Taeyeon will be happy to see her but it was the opposite. She leaned at the elevator wall and calmed herself, she wiped her tears and push the “ground button” but even before the elevator door closed, someone’s arms blocked it thus making it to open again and that when she saw Taeyeon.

“Can you please stay for a while? Please stay Tiffany” Taeyeon said in almost desperate tone.

Tiffany stared at those soft eyes silently begging for her to stay.

---------------
 

“I brought cupcakes” Tiffany put it on the coffee table and sit beside a quiet Taeyeon. She agreed to stay since she knew they have to talk.

Taeyeon just look at her. “I’ve been waiting for you for more than an hour, you know. Even checked you room just to make sure you didn’t bring any girls here” Tiffany tried to joke just to ease their tensions.

“Not funny” Taeyeon replied in a serious tone and Tiffany sighed.

“What is your problem Taeyeon.? Tiffany asked.

“You”

Tiffany was surprised at the unexpected answer.

“Me?” she replied pointing to herself. “What did I do wrong? And I should be the one who supposed to be mad. You never contact me while I’m in japan, not even once, not even just to say hi or hello. You never return any of my calls and that’s very frustrating. Do you know that?” Tiffany ranted annoyingly.

“I just don’t want to disturb you on your work.” Taeyeon replied calmly.

“Don’t give me that stupid reason”

Taeyeon sighed and decided to be honest once and for all. She faced Tiffany.

“I think you are the one who had no idea what I’m going through here. In every single interview that I had, they never failed to mention you and him. And then add up that thing when you go out with him in a club-

“It’s not just me and him” Tiffany defended herself.

“That’s not the point, you should at least be careful with your actions.”

“That just one time and I don’t even have to think going out with them if only my girlfriend hasn’t ignoring me for some reasons I don’t know!” she couldn’t help but raised her voice.

Taeyeon didn’t speak, and Tiffany exhaled. She doesn’t want to argue with Taeyeon but to talked things out.  They both stayed quiet.

“I really hate it when you do that” Tiffany said breaking the silence.

Taeyeon turned her face at Tiffany and saw the solemn look, she felt guilty all of a sudden.

“How can you just easily stop contacting me if ever you want too. As if I don’t exist in your life.”

Taeyeon sense the hurt in Tiffany’s voice and wanted to hit herself. She purposely ignored all Tiffany’s call and text because of her stupidity, she let stress and jealousy clouded her judgement thus ending up hurting Tiffany in the process.

“I’m jealous” Taeyeon admit it. “Your basically with him all the time…..and then I found out that he really likes you” she kept the last phrase on herself.

“You are?”

“I guess I’m allowed to be jealous right?" Taeyeon sighed and face palmed herself "I’m really being stupid right now” she chuckled bitterly “Never knew I could be a jerk huh”

Tiffany shook her head “ Your not a jerk” she said in a firm tone.

“Well, I hurt you”

“It’s bound to happen in every relationship”

“I’m sorry” Taeyeon lowered her head, she couldn’t even look at those forgiving eyes.

“Hey, look at me” She cupped her cheek to face her. “I’m telling you right now that there is no reason for you to be jealous.”

“He fits exactly for your ideal guy” Taeyeon mumbled.

Tiffany's brows furrowed together.

“I red it once before. You know, it must be taller than you, good looking, can speak English, smart since he graduate in Harvard and should manage to keep with your outgoing attitude, totally opposite of me.”

“When was that? It sounds like what I had answered from a slam book on my teenage days.” Tiffany replied with a smile.

“Well your very good looking, you can speak English and very smart” she added up.

“But I’m not outgoing and definitely I'm not tall” Taeyeon said and she knew she’s being ridiculous now.

“Enough with that. I don’t care if he fits for anybody’s ideal guy, I don’t love him. I love you. So much. And I’m  glad your not outgoing because you somehow tame me and and I’m really glad your not taller than me because it will be easy for me to do this”

Tiffany kissed her, slowly, tugging on her lips ever so gently. Taeyeon sighed on and responded, she missed Tiffany so much. She held her waist as Tiffany lift a leg and straddle her. She pulled Tiffany closer as their kissed turns into a heated one.

“I…love you…too” Taeyeon mumbled between their kisses. Tiffany pulled up a bit.

“Don’t ever ignore me like that again”

“I won’t. I promise. I miss you so much” she kissed Tiffany again.