First Love

YOU AND ME

 

 

============

(CALIFORNIA)

Taeyeon turn her head from the mirror when her door was knocked. “Come in.”

“Taeyeon,” Chen appeared at the door, “We’ll be leaving in 15 minutes.”

“Okay”

They were now in California for a prestigious event which is the Golden Globe Awards. Her latest movie which was shown in the first quarter of the year has been nominated for Best Foreign Language Film. It was the first, ever in Korean history and they earned a national recognition for their country. The main cast, the screenwriter, director and the producer were present for the awards night.

Taeyeon sit on her bed and take her phone and clicked the video chat.

She chuckled when a sleepy Hwang appear on the video.

“You’re still sleeping; it’s already past nine in the morning there if I’m not mistaken.”

“Oh my, you’re so gorgeous Taeyeon-ah” Tiffany ignore the teasing remark.

“Thank you. You still look gorgeous to me too”  Taeyeon said cheekily. “Just want to inform you that we’re about to go to the event. Wish us luck”

“Good luck then sweetie, enjoy the event, call me after that, okay, I want to hear all the story and all the artist you’re going to see. I really envy you for this time; you’ll get to see a lot of famous celebrities there.” Tiffany said pouting her lips and Taeyeon wanted to kiss that bad.

“Okay, I’ll call you.” She heard a knock on her door. “I guess that’s Chen. Bye. I’ll call you later”

After a second she received a text message from Tiffany. Send me a selca of you before you leave. I want to see the dress too :P

Taeyeon chuckled. She took a picture of herself in full view and make a dorky face. She even laughed at her own picture and then sent it to Tiffany. She took a final looked at herself and leave the suite.

 

----------

As expected there is a lot of celebrity on the red carpet. Taeyeon could see famous faces in every turn of her head, she and the cast take their turn for the picture and she let the other cast do the interviews. She was simply roaming her eyes on the venue when her eyes caught someone she didn’t expected to see, the other person then suddenly turn her head and their eyes met. Taeyeon clearly saw the shocked and the recognition on those eyes.

“Hey, Taeyeon, let’s get inside” she break their eye contact and followed her colleagues. Unfortunately, they have to walk on her way and Taeyeon felt that she was being watched and tried her best not to look on her direction.

Taeyeon couldn’t even focus on the awards night, because the person she was avoiding the whole night were seating just in front of their seat. That person was escorting a famous actor who was also nominated for that night event. No matter how much she tried to look at the stage her eyes always find a way to look at that persons back. It was five years since the last time she saw her. She couldn’t even tell what exactly is she feeling right now.

She was snapped on her thoughts when she felt someone nudging her. She turn her head at her co-artist.

“Hey, Taeyeon are you okay. You look agitated.  Nervous?”

Taeyeon just nodded, she looked back at the stage but then her eyes caught that person again glanced at her, but she averted her eyes right away.

The awards nights ends and even though they didn’t win the title, every one of them were thankful just to be present on that event. Others were planning to attend the party after that but Taeyeon decided not to come.

“Are you sure you won’t come. Were using one car right now” Chen said.

“It’s okay Oppa. I can manage myself; I just need to change my clothes.”

After changing her clothes, Taeyeon leave the place. Chen insisted to accompany her back to the hotel but she told her that she wanted to take a walk first.

Taeyeon is now walking out of the parking area when two bulky men suddenly approached him and stop at each side of her.

“Please don’t make a scene” the other guy said in English and even before she reacts they hold both of her arms and dragged her inside a van which is not far from them.

“What do you want from me?” Taeyeon shouted but they closed the door, she tried to open the door when the light inside the van turn on. She snapped her head back and stunned when she saw her.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you” the girl said apologetically.

When Taeyeon get back to her senses and her heart finally calm down. She take a look at the girl in front of her with a clenched jaw.

“Open the door” she said in a calm yet stern tone.

“Can we just talk please”

“Don’t make me repeat what I just said”

“Please Taetae” the girl said desperately.

Taeyeon lose her patience and stare at the girl angrily when she heard how she called her.

“It’s Taeyeon, you have no right to call me that way. Now let me get out of here.” Taeyeon raised her voice, gritting her teeth tightly as clenched her fist.

But the other girl just shook her head.

“I know your mad at me. I know I hurt you a lot. That is why I wanted to explain-

“Explain?” Taeyeon said in disbelief. “After five years, you just suddenly wanted to explain because we accidentally saw each other here.” Taeyeon exhaled. “Listen okay, there is nothing to talk about and I don’t ever want to see your face again. Now open the door or I swear I’ll break this one” she ignored the hurt look on her face.

“Alright. I-I got it.” Taeyeon heard the sniffed and she didn’t dare to take a look, when she heard the door unlocked she immediately opened but not before she hear her talk again.

“I’m really sorry Taeyeon”

Taeyeon didn’t turn her head and walked straight away from the car. Her emotions were all over the place and she just wanted to get back at the hotel right away.

 

-------

Lying on her bed, Taeyeon’s mind were in a battle. She knew that Jihyun became a famous model when she saw her at a top selling magazine as a cover photo. Although this is the first time that she saw her again in the flesh. Should I let her explain? But it doesn’t change a thing, it won’t change the fact how broken and badly hurt she was when she leaved her. She was exactly her everything and when that person suddenly walked out of her life, she was lost. But then she deserved to know the truth. Why she didn’t look for her but she herself didn’t do that either. She was snapped on her thoughts when her phone rings.

“Hello”

“Hey, where are you? Did you got back at the hotel or your still at the party?”

It was Tiffany.

“I’m back at the hotel, I didn’t attend the party”

“Then you should’ve called me. I was waiting for you to call”

“Ow. I’m sorry, I forgot” she was caught up with what happened, she forgot to call her. She sighed unconciuosly which Tiffany heard.

 “Tae, are you okay?”

“Yeah, of course”

“You sound kinda bothered. Are you disappointed because you didn’t win?”

“Huh. No of course not, you know how happy the group are just to be nominated and be part of this”

“Then why do you sound like that?” Tiffany asked in a worried tone.

“_”

“Come on Tae, you can tell me anything”

Taeyeon smiled at those words that were softly spoken towards her. She doesn’t want to worry the younger girl so she decided to spit out the truth.

“I saw her”

“Whose her?”

“The girl in my past” Taeyeon answered cautiously.

“Ow” was the only word that come out of , she didn’t exactly know what Tiffany is thinking right now.

“Tiff-“

“Your first love”

Taeyeon winced at what she said.

“Do you really have to describe her like that?”

“I didn’t mean to say it out loud either” Tiffany giggles and it somehow calm her. It means Tiffany was okay.

“What happened then? Did you guys talk?”

“She wanted to but I didn’t give her a chance.”

“Why not? Are you still mad at her?”

“Who wouldn’t?”

“Tae, I want you to be honest with me okay. You promise?”

Taeyeon creased her eyebrows when she notice the sudden seriousness in Tiffany’s voice.

“Promise me?” Tiffany repeated.

“You know that I’m always honest with you but okay I promise. What is it?”

“When you saw her, what exactly did you feel? Do you think you still harbor some feelings for her?

When Tiffany’s question finally sink in her mind, Taeyeon widen her eyes.

“What?! No, of course not. I don’t love her like that anymore. Tiffany I thought I already made it clear-“

“Hey, hey, relax, I was just asking. I was just trying to help you sort out your feelings right now” Tiffany smiled at Taeyeon’s answer.

“Don’t ever ask me that question again” Taeyeon said pouting her lips.

“I won’t. Then I think Tae this is the right time for you to have some closure. Maybe, that is the reason why after so many years you met again.”

“Your okay with it. Me talking to her?”

“Didn’t what I jut suggest. I guess it’s time to end whatever unfinished business you have with her and remember she’s still your bestfriend.”

Taeyeon give it a thought.

“My Miyoung is being matured now. I’m proud of you” Taeyeon said in a jokingly manner.

“Yah, are you saying that I’m immature. Do you want to fight now Kim Taeyeon”

Taeyeon laughed and she forgot the incident that happened, thanks to Tiffany.

 

---------

“Taeyeon, did you packed all your things. We’re leaving tonight?”

“Yes Oppa” Taeyeon answered, she wore her coat and take her phone.

“Are you going somewhere?”

“Yes, but don’t worry I won’t take too long. Bye Oppa”

Taeyeon manage to find in what hotel Jihyun is staying now. She walked towards the reception area.

“Good evening. I’m here for Jihyun, I mean Jenna Park” Taeyeon thought that Jihyun might using her English name then.

“And you are?”

“Kim Taeyeon” she showed her i.d. “She wasn’t expecting me though”

“Let me call her room first, Miss Kim.”

“Okay” Taeyeon waited a bit and it seems that no one’s answering the call. The receptionist put the receiver down. “I’m sorry Miss Kim but no one’s answering the call. Miss Park is probably not on her suite right now. You can leave your message if you want.

“No it’s okay. Thank you” she dragged her feet at the exit but stopped on her tracks when she saw Jihyun entering the hotel with his two bodyguards. Jihyun stop as well and took of her shades.

“Taeyeon” she said in surprise.

“Hi” Taeyeon smiled a bit. “Can I just talk to you for a bit?”

“Sure. Have you had your dinner? There is a restaurant that is not too far-

“No. I mean, this won’t take too long. I have a flight to catch tonight.”

“Okay, I understand” Jihyun said although she notice the disappointment on her face.

They instead went on her suite.

“Take a sit” they both sat at the sofa and Taeyeon look at Jihyun. Jihyun looked more matured right now, she notice that the girl looks really skinny but still no one can deny that she’s still got her looks.

“Do I look different now to you?”

“Huh”  Taeyeon was lost.

“You look really great now Taeyeon, I have never thought you’d actually pursue this kind of career. All I thought is that you’ll end up helping your parents on your business.”

“People change” and it seems like she struck her with those words when Jihyun face become gloomy.

“I’m really sorry TaeT- Taeyeon”

Taeyeon notice the sudden slip out and she couldn’t believe that they actually end like these. Suddenly all her memories with Jihyun came in a flash from their childhood till they became adult.

“Why did you leave?” finally she was able to asked that question.

“I have no choice Taeyeon. My parents find out that we’re still seeing each other even though were studying at different school. They wanted to move at different state.”

“You should’ve told me”

“How can I when they told me that a day before we leave. You were not in Korea at that time, and they even threaten to disown me if I didn’t come with them. I was very confused, I didn’t know what to do. I wanted to call you but they even took my phone and they didn’t let me out of their sight.”

“Your parents hated me that much huh” she paused for a while “but then it was all in the past now. We can do anything about that.”

They both stay silent. Taeyeon felt relieved, she was surprised that she doesn’t regret about what happened, probably because  at the back of her mind if all of this didn’t happened then she might not able to met Tiffany. She unconsciously smiled at the thought of her, she was glad she followed her advice, no more what ifs.

“Why are you smiling?”

“Nothing. Well at least your dream of becoming a famous model comes true. You win some, you lose some.” Taeyeon finally gave her a sincere smile.

“Is that mean you forgive me?”

“I guess I already have and I’m sorry for being rude last night”

“It’s okay. Can we start all over again? You will always be my childhood friend and my best friend you know”

Taeyeon stand up and extend her hand.

“Friend it is.”

Jihyun smiled. “Can I at least get a hug?”

Even before Taeyeon can answer, Jihyun already tackle her with a hug. She was surprised for a second but then she lightly return the hugged as well.

 

========

“Good morning, where’s Tiffany?” Taeyeon asked the servant when she saw her in the sala.

“She’s in the pool right now” the servant answered.

“Ok. Thanks”

Taeyeon walked towards the backside of the house where is the pool located. She saw Tiffany swimming back and forth and didn’t notice her yet. When Tiffany lift her head up, that’s the time she saw her and an immediate smile appear on her face.

“Hey, how long you’d been there?” Tiffany asked. She swim towards the stairs.

“Not that long, I was just-“ Taeyeon lost her ability to speak when Tiffany ascends from the pool and realize that the girl was only clad in a red bikini. Her eyes automatically traced the curves of that body and feels like everything went to a slow motion.

Tiffany saw the look on Taeyeon’s face. She laughed. “Like what you see Kim” she said picking up her towel.

Taeyeon turned her head to look at Tiffany and saw a mischievous grin on the latter’s face.

“Yes! I-I mean, I’m not…..I’ll wait inside” Taeyeon stuttered and walked back inside the house. What the hell was that Taeyeon?!

Tiffany snickered to herself. “Cute”

 

--------

Tiffany changed into comfortable clothes wearing a plain white V-neck shirt and short shorts that showed off her flawless legs. She went to the kitchen and saw Taeyeon eating ice cream leaning against the counter behind her.

“Did you came here just to eat my stock?” she stopped in front of her.

“I bought all your stock if I’m not mistaken” Taeyeon said and put another spoonful of ice cream in , she felt Tiffany snake her arms around her waist.

“I want some” Tiffany whispered.

“Why are you whispering?” Taeyeon became tense, she scooped another one and put it in front of Tiffany’s mouth. But Tiffany just raised her left eyebrow.

“I thought you want some”

“Eat it” Tiffany commanded and even though Taeyeon were confused, she comply.

Tiffany then took the spoon and the ice cream on her hand and put it on the counter.

“Hey….what are yo…. “Her sentence was cut short by Tiffany’s lips on hers.

Tiffany pulled away from the blushing Taeyeon. She smiled. “Yummy”

“Yah! Why did you do that for?” Taeyeon said when she recovered from that unexpected kiss.

Tiffany grinned. “Because I can.” She let go of Taeyeon’s waist. “TaeTae, can you please make sandwich for me, I’m hungry..Please” She pouted like a little kid.

“Alright” Taeyeon said in defeat.

“Yey..thank you Tae” she kissed her in the cheek. “I’ll wait in the living room”

Taeyeon just shook her head, smiling at the child antics Tiffany.

 

------

“Here’s your sandwich” Taeyeon put the food on the table and sit beside Tiffany.

“What are you watching?” she asked when she saw how Tiffany is so focus on the T.V.

“It’s the Victoria’s Secret Fashion show 2013”

Taeyeon leaned back. What’s up with bikinis today, she thought. Taeyeon eat sandwich instead while checking her phone.

“Oh, there she is” Tiffany suddenly said that makes Taeyeon turn her head at the T.V. and almost choked when she saw Jihyun on the runway.

“Oh my gosh, are you okay?”

“I’m okay” she swallowed the food and looked at Tiffany. “You know her”

“Yeah” Tiffany just glanced at her and turn her look at the T.V. “Everyone who loves fashion knew her, she’s the only Korean who manage to be part of  the Victoria’s Secret angels and take note, she’s in the top 5 most paid models for this year. You should learn to read fashion magazines, Tae” Tiffany teasingly said as she looked at her and turn her attention back on the show.

When the show finished, Tiffany turned her look at Taeyeon.

“Hey, why you’re so quiet” she place her palm at Taeyeon’s leg. “Sorry, Am I ignoring your presence?”

“No, it’s okay. It’s quite refreshing to be with a silent Miyoung” Taeyeon grinned.

Tiffany slap Taeyeon’s leg.

“I’m just kidding” she took Tiffany’s hand and kissed it.

Tiffany turn off the T.V and face Taeyeon.

“By the way, did you talk to her?” Tiffany asked curiously.

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows at the question as she play with Tiffany’s fingers.

“Don’t give me that look. You know what I’m talking about. Did you talk to your first love?”

Taeyeon pouted when she heard how Tiffany describe her again. She wondered if Tiffany finds out who is it, could she still make a joke about it?

“What?!” Tiffany sniggered. “Okay, what’s her name by the way so that I won’t called her like that? And what does she looked like now?”

“It’s Jihyun”

“Jihyun” Tiffany repeated, that name sounds familiar to her. Taeyeon sighed and held Tiffany’s both  hand.

“Alright, it doesn’t matter to me anyway, so let me just tell it to you this once” she looked straight into Tiffany’s eyes “her Korean name is Jihyun Park, but she’s using her English name as her screen named which is Jenna Park” said Taeyeon.

Tiffany’s expression started to change; her forehead creased slightly.

“Jenna Park, you mean Jenna Park, the model?” Tiffany asked in a questioning tone.

Taeyeon bit her lip and slowly nodded.

“Jenna Park was your ex!” Tiffany exclaimed in disbelief.

“But she was just an ordinary student back then.” Taeyeon clarify.

Tiffany stayed mum for a moment, that revelation was indeed quite shocking for her. She felt Taeyeon side hugged her and kissed her on the cheek.

“Are you okay Fany? It was all in the past now anyway, I don’t care if she’s the highest paid model in the universe, I’ve got the best right here” Taeyeon playfully squeeze Tiffany and placed her chin at her shoulder.

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon and smiled a little. “It just that you should’ve told me much earlier” she frowned a bit “ I can’t believe I just praised her in front of you”

Taeyeon let out an amused chuckle. “That’s what your worrying”

“Let just forget about it” Taeyeon lay her head at Tiffany’s lap “You know it’s almost midnight when I get home last night, let me take a nap okay” Taeyeon closed her eyes.

“Sleep on the room then” Tiffany suggested and about to stand up when Taeyeon cling to her.

“No. I want to sleep here” she buried her face at Tiffany’s stomach.

“Aiisshh. Whatever” she let Taeyeon sleep and turn on the T.V.

Taeyeon must be really sleepy because after a minute or two, she could hear the peaceful breathing of her. She lower down the volume of the T.V and stare at Taeyeon’s aleeping face. She slightly run her hand at the older girl’s hair, She admits that she was kinda possessive with Taeyeon but that because she only wants her attention but never did she become insecure with anyone before not until now. She couldn’t helped but compare herself to that girl, everything about that girl was Taeyeon’s first that she couldn’t deny. Tiffany shook her head. They have different worlds now anyway and she has no doubts on Taeyeon’s love for her.

 

==========================================================================================================================

:)