Dating

YOU AND ME

 

 

 

------

It was 15 minutes before 10 in the evening. Tiffany was watching TV in their living room, she doesn’t have any early schedule for tomorrow so she can stay up late. She was so immersed in the program that she is currently watching when the doorbell buzzed. She frowned looking at the clock. Who would come in their home at this hour? She lazily dragged her feet towards the door  and peeked through the peephole. She took a deep breath when she saw who it was.

She pulls the door open. “What are you doing here?”

Taeyeon looked up at the person standing at the open door. “Can you go out with me, tonight?”

Tiffany didn’t expect that, she thought she will hear her say “Im sorry or can we talk” but definitely not that one, she was still thinking of  what to reply when she spoke again.

“I guess that will do” she confusingly looked at Taeyeon whose eyeing her from head to toe.
She was wearing short and a hoodie.

“Let’s go” Taeyeon grabbed her wrist and pulled her outside.

When she saw that they’re walking towards Taeyeon bike, she immediately pulled her arm free.

“Yah!”

Taeyeon looked at her way.

“You can’t just go here and dragged me anywhere you want me to go.  I didn’t even say yes.”

However, Tiffany’s glared softened when she noticed the hurt expression from the older girl.

“I’m sorry, I…I” Taeyeon lowered her head, “I really just want to make it up to you” she mumbled.

Tiffany inadvertently smiles after hearing that.

“Where are we going anyway?” she asked nicer this time.

Taeyeon’s head lifted up quickly and Tiffany giggled seeing those puppy eyes shockingly staring at her.

“What?”

Taeyeon shook her head cutely, it feels like a burden was now lift up her shoulder seeing Tiffany smiled.

“You will know when we get there”

Tiffany raised her eyebrow.

“Okay…just let me get back to the house, I need to turn off the TV.” She goes back inside.

Tiffany went back after a few seconds.

“Let’s go” she said but surprised when Taeyeon suddenly bend in front of her, gently touching her right ankle.

“Does it still hurt?” Taeyeon lift her head staring at her.

“Not  anymore”

“Good” Taeyeon stood up and patted her head .

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t there to personally take care of you”

“It’s fine, you have tonight to make it up to me anyway” she smiled.

 

---

Their ride took for almost 30 minutes when Taeyeon finally slow down and turn left at a narrow road. They stopped right in front of a small wooden gate, which make the house visible. They got off the bike and she let Taeyeon took off her helmet.

“Aren’t we crashing a private property here Taetae?” she unsurely asked. She roamed her eyes around the place, the house were in a very secluded area.

Taeyeon laughed. “Why would I do that?” She took some stuff at her trunk and hold Tiffany’s hand with her free hand.

“We’re not going inside the house anyway” she nudged Tiffany to walk forward which leads at the back side of the house.

She noticed that the girl is still worried so she shifted her hand so their fingers were now tightly intertwined.

“Don’t worry, my father’s friend owns this place. His like an uncle to me, so I asked permission to go here. They used to live  here but their family moved to busan now, this is like a vacation house for them. But Mr. Park comes here often since he still have some business in Seoul. He said he’d rather stay here than the hotel back in the city.”

Tiffany nodded hearing the story, but she gasped the moment she saw the scene at the back side of the house. Taeyeon smiled triumphantly seeing Tiffany’s reaction, well who wouldn’t it’s a beach anyway. She was thankful that there’s some light at the area, and the stars are visible at that night. She continue walking towards the end of the deck.

Tiffany just let herself be pulled by Taeyeon since she was still amazed at the scene in front of her. She didn’t even noticed that Taeyeon already let go of her hand. Tiffany just snapped out of her amazement when she heard her name being called. She turned her look at Taeyeon whose already sitting in a white sheet, grinning at her.

“Are you just gonna stand there? Come here”

She pulled me down with her as I sat between her legs. She put her arms around my waist and hugged me closer as she rest her chin in my shoulder. They just sat in silence enjoying the warmth and the presence of each other.

“Ttae Tae” she broke the silence

“Hmmmm”

“Why did you bring me here?” she asked

“Just a different scenery, when we’re here in Seoul, we often stay either your house or my unit and I knew you’d wanted to go out just like other couples but we can’t do that, so “ Tiffany held her hand “I grab this opportunity to take you out although not in broad day light. I think the scene will be much more beautiful” She nuzzled her face at Tiffany’s neck.

“Im sorry” Taeyeon mumbled

“Stop saying sorry “she patted Taeyeon’s cheek “I like it here”

Taeyeon lift her head and stare at Tiffany whose gazed were still at the beach. She kissed her cheek and let her lips linger “I missed you” she muttered and she feel that the other girl is now smiling. But even before she pulls away, Tiffany turn her head and their lips met.

Tiffany’s hand went up to her cheek, pulling her closer to deepened  the kiss and she gladly respond. After their lips parted, Taeyeon smiled up at Tiffany who was leaning her forehead on hers.

“I knew you’d wanted to kiss me like that since the sport fest event” Tiffany said.

“I don’t know what your talking about?” she innocently asked

Tiffany chuckled. “Playing innocent Kim”

“Haiist, can we please skip the teasing part and just kiss again”

Tiffany laughed throwing her head back when she heard that, she look back at her and Taeyeon is definitely not amused.

“Impatient, aren’t we”  She leaned forward and gently recaptured Taeyeon’s lips. This time it was Taeyeon who took control, both parted when oxygen where needed. They stole some more peck, teasing each other until they decided to stop.

 

---

“Taetae” they were now back in their previous position.

“Yes, want more kiss” she jokingly said and Tiffany playfully elbowed her stomach.

“Have you dated anyone back in Cali?”

Tiffany noticed how Taeyeon stiffened when she asked that, so she slowly turned around and face her.

“Hey, are you okay”

“Yeah, I just didn’t expect you to asked me that…seriously Hwang, are you really asking me that, now?” Taeyeon is now staring at her amusingly.

Taeyeon was born and raised in California. She was in a drama club and also started modeling when she was college, and her name made a noise when she was the first Korean who sign a contract of a famous US clothing line. But what make Taeyeon a big star now, was when she casted in a Korean movie that became a big hit not just in their country but is Asia too, She received a lot of offer here in Korea, and she accepted it and the rest is history.

They never really talked about their past relationship, although they’ve been dating for more than a year now, she seldom knew anything about Taeyeon’s life in California except of course the basic information about her family, her childhood and her interest.

“Im just curious, you know”

“Does it matter?”

“Why can’t you just answer it, don’t tell me your hiding someone back there?” she sternly said

Taeyeon laughed hard at that.

“Why are you asking this now, really, after a year”

Tiffany pouted at the still snickering Taeyeon.

“I don’t even know all the guys that you’ve dated here in Korea, but im not asking you about that?”

“Hey, don’t make it sound like I’ve dated A LOT OF GUYS “she emphasized the last three words “ for your information, I’ve only dated three “ she even gestured it with her hands.

“Those three I believe were the serious one” she tapped her chin with her hand “but still how about those people you’ve dated only once, that still counted as dating right”

Tiffany blushed a little, Taeyeon has a point.

“Yah” Taeyeon startled when Tiffany hit her arm “Are you trying to say that Im a playgirl” she blurted out in disbelief.

“What- No, of course not” Taeyeon immediately said, she was just teasing her and the last thing she want to do is to offend her.

She moved closer to Tiffany and hold both of her arms, and stare at her.

“I have never think of you like that” she seriously said.

Tiffany’s angry face immediately turned into a smile. She give Taeyeon a quick peck.

“Why do you look so cute every time your sorry?”

Taeyeon sighed in defeat when finally realized that Tiffany got her, again.

“Can we not use our profession in real life, please. I really thought I’ve offended you” she sulked.

“Owww” Tiffany cupped Taeyeon’s cheek “okay I won’t do it again”

She leaned forward but Taeyeon tried to evade her so she held her face firmly, she  peck her once, twice, but still Taeyeon didn’t react. She started to nibble her upper lip and then lower lip, she knew anytime Taeyeon will surrender to her and as she expected when she kissed her fully on the lips, the older girl tilted her head and kissed back.

“Just one” Taeyeon murmured after she let go of her lips.

Tiffany confusingly looked at Taeyeon.

“My answer to your question”

“Oh” Tiffany said when it finally registered it to her “Just one”

Taeyeon nodded.

“So it took a little revelation, bickering, acting and sulking and a kissed before you finally answered that”

“We could skip everything except the kissing part, I’d gladly answer for sure”

They laugh in unison.

“How long?”

“Are we really gonna talk about my past? It doesn’t matter anymore Fany-ah”

“Do I have to kiss you again?”

“Hmmm” Taeyeon acts like giving it a thought.

“Ttae tae” she hold Taeyeon’s arm “I promise this is the first and the last time were going to talk about this”

Tiffany still saw hesitation in Taeyeon’s eyes, and that makes her much more curious about her first girlfriend.

“Okay, I’ll start” Tiffany took a deep breath.

 “ My first relationship was in  highschool, were both trainees at that time, but the pressure on our training days plus the studies, well it doesn’t work that well” she glanced at Taeyeon who was just quietly listening to her.

“My second was in college, his just an ordinary guy and I already started my acting career at that time and Im studying as well. He began to throw tantrums at me and whine like a kid because I don’t give time for our relationship. I tried to understand him at first but then I found out that she’s cheating behind my back and worst he even blame me for doing it”

“What a jerk!” Taeyeon mumbled.

“Ha?” Tiffany turned her head at her.

“I said his a jerk for cheating on you and stupid for letting you go. Where is he right now?” She playfully tapped Tiffany’s nose . 

“I don’t know and I don’t care”

They both grinned.

“And I knew what happened with the third guy” Taeyeon said.

Taeyeon just move in Korea at that time when Tiffany and that ex of her, w/c is happened to be an actor, too, got separated. It was talk of the town for months.

“We’ve dated for almost three years, it was the longest for me.”

“Good thing, you’ve stayed friends.”

“How come you seem okay with that?”

“He seems like a nice guy and his with someone else already just like you whose totally in love with someone else” Taeyeon smirked.

“Arrogant” Tiffany retorted

“I’m just telling the truth”

Tiffany shrugged and faced  Taeyeon

“Your turn”

Taeyeon groaned, she thought Tiffany will let go with the topic.

“I’m waiting” 

Taeyeon exhaled.

“How will I say this” she paused for a while “well, we’ve dated since junior high until our college days”

Tiffany’s  eyes grew wide in shock.

“For that long, that was like more or less 8 years”

Taeyeon nodded.

“Yeah, we’ve known each other since we were kids, we studied in the same school from elementary days until senior high and were neighbors too”

“So your like bestfriend”

Taeyeon shrugged “you could say that”

“So why did you broke up?” she asked carefully.

“She just left without saying goodbye”

“Oh”  Tiffany was speechless. She gently rubbed her arm, she still sense a twinge of bitterness in Taeyeon voice and she understand, it must be really painful for Taeyeon at that time.

 Taeyeon smiled a bit to the gesture.

“I’m totally fine now. My parents knew about us but not hers, we tried to hide it because she knew that they won’t approved but then they eventually find out. We’re actually planning to study in the same university, but her parents made sure that it won’t happened.”

“So, you have any idea why she left?”

“Most probably, it has something to do with her parents. It was on my third year, I just spent my holidays here in Korea and when I came back, she was gone. I’ve learned that they moved out of states”

Silence.

“You don’t harbor anymore feelings to her right?” Tiffany asked hesitantly

“No” she answered right away and pulled Tiffany in their previous position.

“That was like 5 years ago, I would never enter into a new relationship if I do. I love you, you know that right”

“I believe you” she gently kissed Taeyeon’s cheek “and thank you for telling me about your past” Tiffany’s eyes disappeared and smiled broadly this time.

Taeyeon couldn’t help but to steal a peck seeing that.

“Alright, so enough with this past thing, are you hungry? Coz I am!”

She took out a small container box and put it in front of Tiffany. The latter immediately opened it.

“Wow, did you made it” it was full of kimbap.

“Yep” she handed her the pair of chopstick w/c the girl reached out immediately.

“Yummy” she chewed happily

“By the way, one last question?

Taeyeon groaned.

“Is she Korean too?”

“Half Korean, Half American” she opened gesturing Tiffany to feed her.

“She must be really pretty” she feed her.

“Your prettier” she exclaimed immediately while chewing the whole kimbap, making some rice dropped into her chin.

“Yah! What are you, a kid!” Tiffany removed it, but still smiling because of Taeyeon’s remark.

Taeyeon grinned sheepishly.

They continue talking randomly while playfully feeding each other.

In the middle of their conversation, Tiffany couldn’t suppressed her yawn, and Taeyeon noticed it.

“Someone is already sleepy. Come on, let’s get you back home”

“No, Im not” Tiffany doesn’t want to end their night yet, she still enjoys Taeyeon’s company.

“Yes, you are. Your eyes were getting red” She cleared her stuff and stand up.

“Come on” she pulled up Tiffany and kissed her head.

“As much as Im glad that you wanted to stay but you need to rest, we both have work tomorrow plus I need to go home too.”

 

-----

They were already at the main road, when Taeyeon felt discomfort with her left eye. She stopped at the side of the road. It was past midnight so only few cars are passing along the road, she took off her helmet.

“Why did we stop? Are you okay Ttae ttae?

“Yeah,  its just my contact lense were falling off. It kinda distracting me, can you hold this for me? “  She handed her helmet and fixed her contact.

“Are you okay now?” Tiffany asked when Taeyeon wear the helmet again.

“Yep” she grabbed both of Tiffany’s hand and wrapped them around her waist

“Hug me closer please. It’s cold”

“Like this” she squeezed her tightly

“Yah, not like that. I can’t breathe”

Tiffany laugh and just gladly obeyed what the older girl want. She enjoy hugging Taeyeon, anyway.

 

 

-------

Taeyeon groaned when she was awaken by constant ringing of her phone. She tried to ignore it at first, but the ringing doesn’t stop. She grumpily took the ringing device on the nightstand and answered the phone.

“What!” she asked a little in a harsh tone.

“Kim Taeyeon, I’ll fetch you  in 30 minutes”

It’s her manager Chen, she noticed the firm tone but she just brush it off.

“Why? My schedule starts after lunch” she squinted at the clock and grumble when she saw that it’s only seven in the morning.

She barely have any sleep yet, when she got back home from her condo, she called Tiffany just to inform that she’s home already but the girl didn’t let go of her easily not that she’s complaining though.

She heard her manager sighed.

“Listen Taeyeon, I’ll send you an article now, I want you to check it yourself and be ready in 30 minutes.” He ended the call.

After a few seconds, her phone beeped and lazily checked the message. She clicked the link and hastily sit up, her sleepiness instantly disappeared seeing the headlines.

                        “KIM TAEYEON, CAUGHT DATING LAST NIGHT!!??”

OH CRAP!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

=========================================

Im trying to improve my engrish :) And i really hope you dont get confused with the switching of POV's

Again, thank you for those who leaving their comments. Greatly aprreciated.

Till the next update :P