Birthday

YOU AND ME

----

 

The first thing that Tiffany did when she wakes up is to check her phone. And as expected, her inbox is almost full of messages and a lot of missed calls, it is her birthday after all.

“Happy birthday Ms. Beautiful hwang” Tiffany turned her look  to her manager who just enter into her room.

“Thank you unnie” she sincerely smiled and look back at her phone, looking for that someone who she thought will be the first one to greet her.

“Well, just want to remind you that we have an early schedule today so go and take a shower now”

“Why do I have to work on my birthday” she whines at her manager, but she just chuckles at her antics

“well, you don’t know the production might prepared something for you and I heard Leewoo (the one she is currently working with )bought something special for you today”, she said teasing her. Tiffany just rolled her eyes and get up from the bed.

“Why do you look so upset this morning”

Because that midget didn’t even greet on my bday” she said in her mind

“I'm probably just hungry, I'm gonna take a shower now”

 

----
 

Her manager was right, the production and her co-actors did surprised her in the middle of their shooting. She was thankful, making sure to show each of them that she appreciate their efforts on that day. After the simple gathering, the shooting continues until in the evening and just like what she planned, she had a dinner together with her older brother and his family.

However, for unknown reason, his brother couldn’t join her on her skating escapade. Their now in the Rockefeller plaza, her sister in law and their kids are waiting in the car.

“Yah, I cant believe your leaving me alone, on my birthday” she didn’t hide her disappointment

“I wanted to stay and accompany you but something urgent came up so I need to go home, oh come on, don’t give me that look” he ruffled her hair and pinched her cheek “or do you want to go home, I’ll drive you back to your hotel”. It’s around 8 in the evening.

Tiffany shakes her head, the night is still young and she really doesn’t want to go back yet, plus she really wants to skate.

“It’s okay, I’ll stay here, you can go home now,”

They bid farewell to each other and now she’s all alone in the park, good thing, the place is crowded and there are beautiful lights that brightens up the evening so it somehow uplift her somber mood. She look at skate rental line and feel much frustrated seeing how long it is.

“You’ve got to be kidding me”, patience is definitely not one of her virtue.

She is now sitting alone at one of the empty bench and took her phone, she can’t deny that one of the main reason why she can't be really happy is because she’s waiting for that someone to greet her.

“Not even a text or call, atleast she knows that she’s trying to contact her” she says in her mind, she feels sad, annoyed,disappointed and angry to that midget.

“Kim Taeyeon!!” this time she really shouts her name, she ignored those people looking at her as if she was crazy, she hide her face with her palm, she feels so alone and its cold. She wanted to cry and couldn’t believe  how much she’s emotionally attached to Taeyeon, she’s been into a lot of relationship and this is the first time where she‘s really longing for someone to be with. She already accept the fact that she can’t be with her today but a simple call will make up for it.

 

“Are you Miss Tiffany?” she lift her head up upon hearing a voice and saw a young girl probably around 6 or 7, looking at her, holding a pair of ice skating shoes.

“Are you Tiffany?” the girl repeatedly asked louder this time, even though confused, she nodded and the young girl smiles.

“this is for you” the girl gesture at the shoes and place it in front of her, but even before she say a word, the girl turns around and runaway.

“Hey, wait up” but the girls continue to run and she lost her amidst in the crowd.

 

-----

She stays on her sit for a minute just staring at the pair of ice skating shoes. She didn’t know the kid for sure, and now wondering why she gave her that, she look at the crowd again, did someone recognize her, she’s wearing bonnet and a scarf that almost hide half of her face, or it must be a stranger took pity on her. Tiffany shook her head, well instead of speculating who gave her that, might as well used it and enjoy the night, especially since the pair that she received is pink.

Tiffany smiled from ear to ear the moment she enters the ice skating rink, she starts to skate at the center, she ignore the feeling of envy every time she sees a couple, she turns around when she feels someone pulling the end of  her scarf and this time she saw a little boy. Really, what’s up with little kids today but what surprised her when the boy gives her a bouquet of pink roses.

Even before the boy runs, she manage to stop her and hold her arm softly, she doesn’t want to scare him.

“Where did you get this?” the boy points something on my left side and manage to slip on her hold.

She now turns her attention at the left side of the rink and all she can see well, more people for sure, she decided to come closer, now she is sure that there is someone who knows her. Is it a fan? Why then she or he give it to me personally, so that she can thank her/him herself. Coming closer she notice someone whose busy taking pictures using a compact camera. She can’t tell if it’s a boy or a girl, since she’s facing her back and that person is wearing a very thick hooded jacket that looks really big.

“Excuse me,” she finally said but the person didn’t even glance at her, she frowned she might not even the right person she’s looking for, she decided to look for the boy instead but even before she walked away, the person turns to face her.

“Where do you think your going?”

When Tiffany heard the voice, she accidentally dropped the flower, stood there with mouth agape and eyes wide with shock as she see the person whose now looking and grinning at her.

 

 

----

Seeing the flower dropped, Taeyeon immediately skate closer to her and pick the flower.

“Hey, be careful with this, you have no idea how hard it is to find pink flowers here in Manhattan” She place it gently on Tiffany’s hand, since the girl still haven’t recover from shock, atleast she’s sure that her surprise is successful.

Tiffany can't believe that the girl she was thinking all day is now in front of her, she can't help but became teary and Taeyeon notice it.

“Hey,” she held both of her shoulder “no crying on your birthday” she pinched her nose.

“Let me greet you properly”, she cleared and smile showing her chin dimple that Tiffany adore so much.

“My Stephanie hwang miyoung, happy birthday, surprise!!” she open her arms wide and dorkily grin, seeing that, Fany took deep breaths and carefully wiped her teary eyes.

“Well, that really surprised me”

Taeyeon pulled her closer by the waist, hugging her and Tiffany returned the hug just as tight, relishing the warmth she had been missing very much in the past weeks.

 “So the ice skating --  “yeah” and those kids-- “yeah” she can feel Taeyeon nodding at her shoulder. Tiffany had to laugh, curling her fingers behind Taeyeon’s back. “That so cheesy of you“

Tayeon pulled a little just to look at Tiffany’s eyes “your wrong, that’s what you called me being romantic “ she tried to say it with straight face but failed miserably and they both end up laughing.


“But nevertheless” Tiffany said, ”this is the most sweetest thing that ever happened to me,” she gently touched her cheek and  lovingly caressed it.

“Thank you, taetae” they just stared at each other for a minute when Tiffany remember something

“wait, how did you know that I’ll be here at this time?”

“I will tell you, when you catch me “ she immediately skate away from her

“Hwang, are you just gonna stand there” she shouted at her smiling, and Tiffany started to move closer. They played around, teasing and yelling at each other like a kid, just  enjoying  the presence of each other, and tiffany can't remember how many times Taeyeon fall on her and she just laugh how cute Taeyeon is.

They decided to sit at the corner of the rink when they’re both feeling tired. They’re sitting side by side facing the people whose enjoying the night just like them.

“So, are you going to answer my question now”

“I’ve asked the help of your oppa”

“Leo oppa!! That’s it!! That is why his so eager to leave me here, “ she’s nodding to herself and Taeyeon just watch her in amusement , seeing how happy the girl is, all her planned was worth it. She didn’t know how long she is staring at Tiffany until the girl gently kissed her cheek.

“What was that for?”

“Nothing, You just look really cute like that staring at me, did my beauty just amazed you that much”  said Tiffany with that teasing smirk and before Taeyeon can retaliate back, they hear fireworks at the background.

Fortunately for them, there's a firework display that night. They both stand up and watch it with awe.
Tiffany look at Taeyeon who looks like a kid watching the fireworks, until now she’s overwhelmed with her presence, she can
't believe that she went here just to surprised her, no one ever did that to her, or should she say, no one ever did that to her sincerely and genuinely.

 She never thought that their relationship would really work out knowing  how complicated their life is, their in the same business, how opposite they are but still every time she’s with her, she feels like an ordinary person who normally fall in love . And she knew Taeyeon feels the same way too.

“Taeyeon-ah”

“Hmmm”

“Thank you”

Tae glanced back at her “You already said that”

“Thank you for loving me” Taeyeon just stared at Tiffany for a moment.

“What?” Tiffany held Taeyeon’s gaze. “I mean it, TaeTae.

Taeyeon tucked Tiffany’s hair behind her ear, never breaking their eye contact. Tiffany was so beautiful to her. She wanted to make her happy.

“It feels good loving someone like you Fany-ah” she  take off her right glove and also Tiffany’s left glove and intertwine their fingers, and then place it on the right pocket of her jacket to keep them warm.

Tiffany giggled “I swear Kim, you did this in one of your drama” Taeyeon rolled her eyes “wrong again Hwang, that was fake, this (she gestured at their hand and hold it much tighter) this is real”
 

Tiffany was trying to suppress the flutter in her stomach after hearing that. She wanted to kiss Taeyeon right there and then but she doesn’t want to make a scene, so she simply gave her a smile.

They turned their attention back to the fireworks display, Taeyeon is enjoying the colorful fireworks, it kinda symbolized what she’s feeling right now, when she feels Tiffany playfully poking her cheeks. At first she try to ignored it and let her continue doing that but when the assault doesn’t stop, she turns her head at her.

“Hey, what- “ she was cut off by her lips, it didn’t stay that long, on her dismayed, and Tiffany just cheekily grin at her and look back at the firework as if nothing happened but the smile on her face stayed.

 

---

They rode a taxi back to the hotel, Tiffany found out that Taeyeon has a flight back to Seoul at midnight, and she did arrived in New York this afternoon. So she really went here just to surprise her and she feels overwhelmed with gratitude  again.

“So you’ll go the airport right after this”

“Yeah” Taeyeon nodded and suppressed a yawn. Jetlagged must now kicking in.

“Tired” Tiffany asked.

“Not really” Tiffany just stared at her.

“What?” she finally asked after a few minutes of letting Tiffany stare at her.

“Nothing” she moves her face much closer to her.

“Then stop staring.”

“I don’t want to, Im not gonna see you again for another two weeks” she stared at her much closer.

“Err, Fany” she can almost feel her warm breath on her face, she glance at the driver and seems like he doesn’t care, she looks back at her and stopped at Tiffany’s inviting lips.

“Im going to kiss you” she warned her but Tiffany just smirked at her “I dare you”


Taeyeon did and she kissed back passionately. She wanted to do it earlier but now that its just the two of us, well aside from the driver, she didn’t hold back anymore knowing that she will be going back at their homeland and not gonna see her again. She love her so much and appreciate all of her effort just to be with her on her special day. And she hoped that she could tell her that through every tug of her lips and every swipe of her tongue.

When Taeyeon remember where they are, she slowed down and gently pulled away from her.  She sure herself that she’s blushing right now just like Tiffany.

“why did you stop”

Taeyeon gently cupped her face

“Because we have an audience”, she whispers and gesture at the driver who is probably trying to act nonchalant.

“I don’t mind” she tried to kissed her again but Tae avoid it  and she pout at her.

“Pity the guy, how do you feel when your inside the elevator and there’s two guy making out”

Tiffany tried to pictured it and grimace, Taeyeon laughed at her reaction.

Taeyeon kissed her forehead and whisper “Don’t worry, you can kiss me all you want when you go back home, I wont stop you I promise”

----

 

 

 

I Know it , again forgive me with my wrong grammar and mistakes, i hope it doesn't give you headache :)

I just wanted to say thank you to those who subscribe and that one upvote. Are you guys  even sane when you click that? hahahaha

Oh and to that one comment.... well atleast I have one. hehehe