Out in public

YOU AND ME

 

 

====

In everyone’s relief, Tiffany survived the accident and only got minor injuries although her pink car was totally wrecked. The doctors still advice her to stay in the hospital for some test and also to make sure that she will fully recovered. It was already the fourth day and Tiffany was just watching news on the television, she was overwhelmed with the amount of people who actually prayed for her safety either it could be her fans, friends or colleagues. She never failed to have visitors every single day, and one of them is her Taeyeon. She suddenly remembers the image of a crying Taeyeon when she saw her after the accident.

 

Flashback:

Tiffany smiled weakly when she saw Taeyeon together with her Umma enter the door. Her Umma told her that Taeyeon let all the others see her first before she take her turn. She leave them for a moment as Taeyeon just stood there staring at her, she can clearly see the puffy eyes and the red nose.

“Taetae” she tried to smile even though she feels like her body was thrown in a bulldozer and her head hurts. She was glad that she made it alive, she had a broken arm and she knew that her head were in a bandage and she's also wearing a neck brace.

Taeyeon  tears had rolled down her cheeks the moment she hold her hand.

“Taetae don’t cry. I am fine”

“You don’t look fine to me” Taeyeon bit her lip as more tears fell down.

Tiffany tried to wipe the tears away, she swallowed hard and suppressed her own tears.

“I’m sorry for making you worry”

Taeyeon tears turn into sob as she hold tightly on Tiffany’s hands that was placed on her own cheek.

 

Present:

She snapped back into reality  when she felt warm palms cupping both of her cheeks. Tiffany blinked a few times and saw Taeyeon’s worried face staring back at her.

“Tae”

“Are you okay? Do you want me to call a doctor?” Taeyeon worriedly asked. She thought something was wrong when she called Tiffany a few times but the girl didn’t respond to her.

Tiffany held on to Taeyeon’s wrist.

“I’m okay”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I’m just thinking” Tiffany smiled and opened her good arm. “Where’s my hug?”

Taeyeon carefully hugged Tiffany, avoiding the arm in the sling which was wrapped in a pink cast.

“And my kiss?” Tiffany beamed and Taeyeon chuckled at the childish antics but gladly obey the request.

“What are you thinking?” Taeyeon take a sit at the chair beside Tiffany’s bed, she never let go of her hand.

“Nothing”

“Is this about the media already speculating about you and me?”

Aside from Tiffany’s accident, one of the top news was about her and Tiffany. The media and so some people were already linking Tiffany to her and not just in a friendly way. Everyone knew that she’s into a relationship but no one knew who it really was, until this news came. Although both of their agencies didn’t release any statement to confirm nor to deny it, the speculations keeps to grew bigger. Especially when Taeyeon was always seen in and out of the hospital and even capture her together with Tiffany’s Umma.

“I’m not really bothered with it, are you?” said Tiffany.

Taeyeon shook her head.

“They will find it out eventually, It just that” Taeyeon paused and sighed “I hope not in this way” Taeyeon smiled sadly.

“But I’m okay now, so stop worrying already”

“You know what, I thought you’ll have an amnesia just like on those movies” Taeyeon remarked.

“Why? Afraid I will forget you?” Tiffany teased.

Taeyeon gasped exaggeratedly that makes Tiffany giggle.

“How will I announce to the world that your mine when you don’t remember me, that ” Taeyeon laughed a bit when she saw Tiffany rolled her eyes but noticed the pink cheeks.

“I knew you like what I just said”

“Hey, I am sick, you are not allowed to teased me.” Tiffany pouted.

“Okay, I’m sorry” she kissed the back of her hand and lovingly stared at Tiffany.

“How are you feeling today?”

“Much better than the first day, although this neck brace is really bothering me and my right arm is itchy” she gestured at her casted right arm.

“Well you have to be more patient since those thing will help you heal fast” she patted her head.

Taeyeon picked up her backpack and place it in her lap.

“By the way, I’ll be going to Jeju tonight” Taeyeon said carefully.

Tiffany frowned, she thought Taeyeon will accompany her for tonight.

“But I’ll try to be back here tomorrow” she added quickly but Tiffany’s reaction doesn’t change.

“I knew you would be embarrassed if I bring your giant totoro, that is why I brought this one  instead”  Taeyeon took out a middle size totoro plushie inside her bag.

“Tada” she gestured it towards Tiffany and was glad that the girl finally smiled.

“Omo it’s so cute” Tiffany squealed like a kid and she chuckled.

“I knew you’d  like it, so for now that “unknown creature” will be your companion for tonight”

Tiffany glared at her.

“What?” Taeyeon were still chuckling. “But I’m glad seeing that side of yours it means you’re really doing fine, I hope you’ll recover fast Fany-ah” she said seriously this time as she brushed her fingers over Tiffany’s cheek  and carefully runs her thumb  across those small bruises.

Tiffany sighed. This midget surely knows how to melt her heart. She held those hand and slightly pressed those palm on her cheek.

“I’d still choose you to be my companion rather than this Totoro, you know”

Taeyeon grinned at her widely and it made her smile.

 

===

The following day.

“Fany-ah, I’m he-“ Taeyeon stopped on her tracks when she saw that Tiffany have some visitors. She blamed herself for not even knocking on the door and now she was standing awkwardly at the door with those people staring back  at her. She tightened her grip at the bouquet that she was holding now.

“Errr.. I’m sorry, I should’ve knock first. I’m just gonna wait outside”

“It’s fine Taeyeon-sshi” the girl said which looks familiar to her. “We’re about to leave anyway”

Taeyeon stayed as she watched them bid their goodbye to Tiffany, she smiled a bit when they passed by her and notice those meaningful stares but she just shrugged it. She knew that it has something to do with her and Tiffany.

Taeyeon exhaled once they had closed the door.

Tiffany laughed, “You should’ve seen your face.”

“Can you blame me?” she approached her who is now eyeing the pink flower in her hands.

“Is that for me?” Tiffany asked smiling widely.

“All the way from Jeju” she gave it to Tiffany.

“Thank you, Tae”

“Your welcome. Where’s your neck brace?”

“The doctor told me that I don’t have to used it anymore”

“Good to hear that” she gently held her neck “It doesn’t hurt anymore?” she asked.

Tiffany couldn’t answer anymore when Taeyeon’s face went closer towards her and they stare at each other for a second before Taeyeon give her a soft peck on the lips.

That was Taeyeon’s initial plan until she felt  her collar being pulled and the kissed last a little bit longer.

“I love you” Tiffany mumbled on her lips. She wanted to tell Taeyeon how much she appreciate all her efforts on taking good care of her since the accident and she can only sum it up in those three words.

Taeyeon pulled up a bit at the sudden words and stared at Tiffany who was looking at her with the most beautiful smile she’d ever seen since the accident. Taeyeon smiled along and placed her lips on the younger girls forehead and softly whispered “I love you, too”

 

-----------------

“Taetae, I have good news to tell you” Taeyeon was now busy feeding her with the cupcakes that she brought.

“What?” Taeyeon take a bite at the cupcake that they were sharing.

“I can finally go home tomorrow. I am clear to go” Tiffany exclaimed happily.

“That’s really good news” she put down the cupcakes at the table and about to kiss the girl when someone knock on the door. She immediately go back to her sit and pouted slightly. Tiffany laughed as she saw some cream on the corner of  Taeyeon’s lips so she used her own thumb to clean it. That’s when the nurse got in and saw them in that position, the nurse look a little dumbfounded, surprised not just in the scene she saw but most probably at the presence of Kim Taeyeon.

Taeyeon stand up and cleared .

“Are you going to do your routine check up?” Taeyeon asked softly.

The nurse seem to get back on her senses and utter an apology at her reaction.

“Do I have to leave?”

The nurse shook her head and glance at the smiling Taeyeon as she did her task with Tiffany.

“You’re her personal nurse since she got in this hospital right?”

The nurse nodded and Taeyeon amusingly smiled at the muted nurse.

“I believe you can speak Ms….” She peek at the tag “Ms.Chee”

“Taeyeon don’t disturb her” Tiffany finally said.

“I am done” the nurse finally speak and turn around.

“Wait” Taeyeon get a cupcake and handed it to the young nurse  “ please take this”

The nurse was surprise at the gesture and wagged her hand continuously.

“No, Ms. Kim. I am just doing my job and- “ she stopped when Taeyeon held the hand and placed the cupcake on her palm.

Tiffany raised an eyebrow when she saw the flustered face of the young nurse.

“Tiffany will be discharge tomorrow so just take it as my token of appreciation for taking good care of her”

“I I” the nurse stuttered and couldn’t even looked at Taeyeon “thank you Ms. Kim. I’ll leave now” she bowed at the two and leave the room.

Taeyeon chuckled a bit and turn her head at Tiffany whose still raising an eyebrow.

“Don’t look at me like that. I’m just being nice” Taeyeon sit back.

“Your being too nice sometimes…..that’s why girls fall in your charms” she mumbled the last part.

“What….I didn’t quite hear that”

“Nothing…I said I’m glad I’ll be back home”

“Ah, we have to celebrate” she tried to kiss the girl again just like what she planned before they got interrupted but instead her face was blocked with a plushie.

Taeyeon frowned and pouted “Yah, why did you do that”

Tiffany giggled. “I think my Totoro wanted a kiss too”

Taeyeon sulked at the giggling Tiffany though deep inside she was really happy that the girl can finally go home.

 

=======

News sites picked up on the news about Tiffany leaving the hospital and began reporting about the presence of Kim Taeyeon on that day. Even though people and media did get some proofs about them being together but still everything are counted as a rumor unless their agencies made an official statement. Tiffany finally able to clarify everything to her agency. The PR team so as the higher ups agreed to tell the truth. She was more than glad that they were being supportive towards her and her relationship with Taeyeon, she informed the older girl about their decision and  Taeyeon told her that there will be a lot of changes once the news about them will be out on public. Tiffany knew about that but she prepared herself already.

 

-------

YGZ OFFICAL STATEMENT
            Tiffany Hwang and Kim Taeyeon has been dating for  a while now. However, both parties requested that they would like to keep it private as much as possible. Let’s continue to support and respect them as a couple as well as an artist. Thank you.

--------

 

Once the statement has been revealed, as expected the news about them has been a trending topic for consecutive days. A lot of people were surprised especially those fans of Tiffany since she was dating guys all her life. She knew that she lose some fans “specifically male fans” and disappointed some of them but her popularity didn’t get affected at all, as she received some criticism so does she receive loves from her fans and friends as well. She knew that in the right  time people will come to accept that she did fall in love with a girl named Kim Taeyeon.

 

I’m home
As soon as Tiffany read the message, she immediately dialed her phone.

“Taetae!!!” Tiffany greeted as her call got answered.

“What did we talk about not shouting over the phone” Taeyeon took off her coat and grunted as she take a seat at her sofa.

“Tired?” Tiffany asked when she heard her grunt.

“Kind of.” She lay down on the sofa.

“I think you should get some rest, let just talk tomorrow”

“No. It’s okay I wanted to hear your voice. So how are you taking it?”

It’s been more than two weeks since the statement release and the news about them has finally laying low, inspite of revealing the news about them, both of their agencies advice them that they should atleast avoid getting out in public together for now because it will just create spark again putting them on spotlight.

“I’m doing fine, although they add some bodyguards if the location of my shoot is not in closed door you know, I should’ve asked the same thing since you’ve been in the airport twice, I heard it was chaos”

“Oh, don’t remind me” she remembered being mobbed by reporters in the airport asking her about them. Their agencies already made a statement, isn’t that enough.

“But despite of everything, I am really happy that we don’t have to hide anymore. I hope you feel the same way too” said Tiffany.

“Of course I am, are you sure your fine, I think half of male population in our country were now heartbroken knowing that your dating a girl now”

“You and your exaggerations” she rolled her eyes.

Taeyeon smiled picturing Tiffany’s reaction.

“Half of your male fans and all your admirers, that sound legit to me”

“_”

“But I don’t blame them though, they’ve seen you grown in this kind of business from your  teenage years to a grown up woman, they might be jealous because I kinda steal them away from you” Taeyeon stated.

“You actually did steal my heart” Tiffany felt her cheeks blush when she heard the ahjumma laugh over the phone.

“That was the most cheesy line I’ve ever heard from you Miyoung” she even get up from lying down because she couldn’t contain her laugh.

“I got infected” she said defensively and was glad that Taeyeon couldn’t see her face now.

“Just to be fair, you didn’t have to steal my heart Miyoungie, I would gladly offer it to you without holding back” Taeyeon said in her sweet voice.

Tiffany blushed furiously but kept her voice steady as she tried to change the topic along their conversation.

 

====

Tiffany was having a photoshoot for  Ceci magazine (just think of the latest one that she actually did with Ceci, I have one word : hot ). She was in the dressing room together with the make-up artist whose just making some re-touch, when Soojin entered.

“Someone just brought food for the entire staff so the director said we can have an early break, Boram you can join others outside.” The girl stopped her task and bow before leaving both of them.

“I wish I could eat too”

“That is why I made something special for you”

Tiffany was stunned when she heard that familiar voice and blinked several times when she saw Taeyeon leaning against the dressing room door.

“Well, I’ll leave you two for now. Thanks for the food Taeyeon”

“Your welcome unnie” when the manager leaves, she eyed Tiffany from head to toe. Perfect. I am so lucky to have her. She kept a safe distance just in case she couldn’t control herself.

“What are you doing here?” Tiffany finally asked once she got over the initial shock.

“I don’t have any schedule for today and I wanted to see you, so I thought why not visit you, here.”

“And you brought food, that’s a very good move Kim Taeyeon” Tiffany smiled.

“I should leave a good impression you know” Taeyeon grinned. “And also I wanted to tell you personally that I have made a reservation tonight for two at this restaurant not so far from here. I hope you could join me?”

 “If we could finished early-“

“Soojin unnie told me you’ll be done by six”

Tiffany giggled.

“So your finally asking me out to have a date with you in public”

Taeyeon nodded as her smile never leave her face “I think it’s about time. So….?

“You know my answer will always be yes” Tiffany smiled widely.

Taeyeon extend her hand towards the younger girl “Let’s join them outside, leaving them a good expression might be ruined if we stayed together here for too long” Taeyeon wiggle her eyebrows playfully.

“Your actually good at ruining good moments like this with your suggestive remarks” Tiffany said but still took hold at Taeyeon’s hand.

Taeyeon intertwined their hands and tried to put on her most innocent look as she look at Tiffany.

“I don’t know what your talking about?”

Tiffany didn’t comment anymore and dragged the older girl out of the dressing room.

 

==================================

Finally no more hiding. However we all know that there will be advantages and disavantages now that everyone knew about them. So on my next updates, let's see how these two will going to deal with them :)

Thanks for commenting, subscribing and the upvotes.