Little Jimin

When The Son Loves His Mother

Little Jimin never knew what to do when his father always shouted at his mother. He just watched the scene. In the television he had seen that parents always argue with each other, so this should be normal, shouldn't it? But the strange thing was that his mother never shouted back. She just kept quiet and didn't looked at her husband. She looked at the ground and was scolded for things little Jimin didn't understand.

Sometimes his father would grab her wrist harshly and pull her to their room.  He heard the bed sqeaking a lot of times when he did that. Sometimes he also heard some deep noises from his father, but never from his mother. Why not? Were they playing games? Was his mother not allowed to talk in that game? Could he maybe join?

But after thinking about it he refused. His father never liked to play with him. Sometimes his father would get mad without any reason. He would grab little Jimin on the collar and yell at him, but before he could slap him his mother always came to his rescue. Often she would get slapped afterwards and he demanded her to go in the room. She obeyed when she knew that his anger would only go to her.

"It's ok baby.", she whispered always to Jimin. "Daddy had a bad day. I'll come later to play with you ok?", she kissed his forehead and left to go to their room like his father. Maybe they were again playing, thought Jimin a lot of times.

But Jimin grew older and he started to understand more things. Parents argue. That's true. But they weren't arguing. Dad was just screaming at mom. Calling her names and saying things like "only because of your beauty"

When his parents were ready playing their game, his mother often came out with a soulless look. Only when she saw Jimin she smiled again. When they two were playing or when she helped him to do his homework, he could see on her face something strange. Sometimes blue but sometimes red. But it wasn't that foreseeable. She had put make up on her bruises.

One day he was allowed to have a sleep over at his friends home. They were doing so many funny things with his friends little brother that he started to wish to have an own one.

The next day after he went to his mom.

"Umma?", he tugged her sleeve.

"Yes, baby?", she answered while cooking.

"Can I have a brother?", he asked. Minhee froze at his question.

"A-A-A What?", she asked back.

"A brother. Can I have one? Please!", he begged and started jumping up and down.

Before she could answer another person did. "Soon, you'll have one Jimin.", said his father and looked at Minhee with a smirk.

"It will take some time, but soon you'll have a brother to play with."

"YEAY!", beamed Jimin and looked at his mother happily. But what he saw wasn't what he expected. Why did she look so pale? Why did she look feared and in pain? Having another baby boy, should be good, shouldn't it?

"I think I and Minhee are going to play a bit. You can play outside at the playground.", his dad suggested.

"Yeah! Thank you Appa! See you two later!", he waved and left the house. His father didn't scream today. Probably he had a good day.


Jimin just came back late at night and was afraid of his mother scolding. He rang at the door and was greeted by his father.

"Go to sleep. It's late.", he just said and left little Jimin alone.

Jimin went to his room and made himself ready to go to bed. He was sitting on his bed and waited for his mom. 5 minutes...15 minutes...
Where was she? Normaly she would come and sing him to sleep. Why wasn't she coming? Was it maybe too late? Had she already fallen asleep? *Probably*, he thought and pulled the blanket over him.




Late in the night Minhee opened the door of Jimin's room. Her baby boy was already sleeping. She crawled under his blanket and hugged him tightly.

"Umma?", he yawned. "is that you?"

"Psh.", she hushed him gently. "I sleep here tonight.", she said to her baby boy and he nodded sleepy. "Good night Umma.", he was able to yawn again before he fell asleep.

Jimin doesn't know if it was a dream or not, but he was hearing stifled whimper and hearing someone reapingt all the time.

"For him. Just for him. For him. Just for him."

Was it his mother? No, impossible. His mom doesn't cry. Or let's better say he never saw her cry.



                                                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"MORNING!~", beamed Minhee to the boys when they finally woke up. Everyone expected Jungkook had a headache.

"I told you not to drink that much!", she scolded a little bit too loud what made the boys groan.

"Sorry.", she stick out her tongue. "Eat first and then I'll give you your pain killer.", she said and left the room. Jimin just looked sad at the ground.

*She had always been so tough. She hates to show her weak side. I wish I could have done something back there...*, he stopped himself from thinking about the past. In the end he would just be in pain and hate.

He looked at his friends and smiled. *Thankfully I have them. With them I was able to do knew memories. Happy ones.*, he smiled and looked at every of his friends but one was missing. Where the heck was J-Hope?

After the incident, Jimin brought J-Hope back to his bed. It was an order from his mom so he obeyed. 

He left the kitchen to look if J-Hope was alright when he saw that J-Hope was standing infront of his mother.

"I-I don't really remember what happened yesterday.", said J-Hope shy. "B-but I remember that I was somehow scaring you. I-I'm sorry.", he bowed 90 degree.

"It's ok Seok. You didn't mean to.", she said gently and patted his head when he stood straight again.

"So you forgive me?", he asked hopefully.

"There is nothing to forgive since you weren't yourself. Go to the kitchen I already made breakfast."

Minhee smiled at J-Hope and Jimin could see the two little wrinkles.

Jimin melted inwardly. *And even after this she can still smile in sincerity . How can't I love you Umma? How can't I love my one and only Minhee?*