Mother - Son Problems

When The Son Loves His Mother

Little Jimin loved his new school. He had already found some knew friends and was glad to be an american boy now.

Weeks passed and Jimin was one of the best students in his school. He was even allowed to skip one year because of his knowlage. Minhee was more than happy to call him her son. Good looking, intelligent, but also talkactive and loud. She couldn't wish for more. Her son was happy and so she was too.
Jimin even found a new hobby. It was music. He was never really interested in music, but since his hyung was rapping all the time in his room, Jimin also tried to rap. He failed badly in rapping, but what he had found out was that he was actually good in singing.

"Ok, try this one more time Jimin.", Jay had said and Jimin tried to reach the high notes. It was fun to have a hyung who teachs you singing and dancing. It was great to even have a hyung. He always wanted a brother and now he had one, and Jay hyung was a really cool big brother.

They all always had food together. Grandpa, Jay hyung, his mother and himself. It was all almost perfect in their lives and Jimin was slowly able to forget what had happened in his life. He was able to forget about the house they used to live, these dirty men his mother sometimes arrived with, the mother-son-house they two used to live too, his grandparents, and also his father.

But since memories can't be earsed that easily they somehow came up in his dreams.

"It's ok.", Minhee always assured, while hugging him tightly, after waking up from his nightmare. "It's just a dream. Don't worry."

"Thank you, mom.", Jimin breathed in and out. "You can go back to sleep. I'm ok now.", he assured her.

"Is it ok if I sleep her today Jimin?", his mother asked him suddenly. "I also had a nightmare. I don't want to sleep alone.", she confessed already putting the blanket over her body.

Jimin smiled and nodded. He knew his mother very well, she was now 19, but she still behaved like a little girl in his age sometimes, but that didn't mattered to him. She was still his mom.

"I love you Jimin.", Minhee whispered and hugged her son tightly under the blanket.

"I love you too.", Jimin said and fell asleep with a smile. *My one and only Umma.*



                                                                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Jimin was allowed to visit one of his friends and they had really much fun together. They were playing soccer, a bit with the X-box and then they talked about many things.
His friend started to talk about a girl he liked, but Jimin just made a face. "Urgh.Girls."

"Hey! She's really sweet!", said his friend angry.

"Yeah and older than you.", stated Jimin. "Come on, she's 14, she won't be interested in someone who is 12!"

"But I'm quite tall for my age and some people even think that I'm already 13!"

"Seriously? Then they are blind."

"HEY!", they two started to fight, but laughed right afterwards.

"But did you never liked a girl?", asked his friend while lying on the ground. Jimin shook his head.

"They are annoying, loud, and cry always."

"Yeah, the girls in our age, but the older ones are not like this. Don't you know an older girl?"

Jimin thought about it. "Just the ex-girlfriend of my hyu- uhm brother. And my mother."

"Wasn't the girlfriend of your brother different from the girls in our school?"

"Yes, but...I still didn't liked her though. She was so...so shy. For nothing. And stupid. Bah, no, I really dislike her."

"So you only like your mother?", his friend laughed. "So you're mommy's boy?", his friend teased and they started to fight again.


Late in the afternoon his mother was in the front of the door to pick her son up. She knocked at the door and waited for responds.

"Hello?", asked the woman infront of Minhee, who had opened the door.

"Hello Mrs. Nickles. I'm here to pick Jim up.", Minhee explained and smiled friendly.

The woman looked quiet surprised what Minhee didn't understand.

"Oh hey, you're here!", Jimin greeted his mother and walked passed Mrs Nickles and waved. "Bye Mrs Nickles!"

"Bye Jim!", Mrs Nickles waved and closed the door.


*Strange.*, Mrs Nickles thought and scratched her head. *Hadn't Jim said that his mother would come and pick him up? Probably his sister was so nice to take him.*


                                                                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Today will be parents teacher conference.", Minhee told the old man.

"Are you going?", he asked with a frown.

"I've never been there. It's my duty of his mother to know who good he is in school and what he does when I'm not around.", Minhee nodded her head up and down while saying it.

"Well, that's true.", Jay's father drank from his coffe.

"Then, I'll be going. See you later!", Minhee waved.

"Don't come late!", Mr Park yelled.

"Awww~. Are you worried about me Ahjusshi?", she beamed.

"No. I just don't want you to disturb my beauty sleep.", he stood up and walked away.

"Meanie.", Minhee whispered and stuck her tongue out.

"I heard that!", the older said loud and Minhee just laughed. *Old, but sharp ears.*

"Saranghae Ahjusshi!", she yelled and walked happy down the staires.

Before going outside Minhee looked into the mirror and she looked good in her new blazer. She looked older and more mature.

"Uh! Going on a date?", asked Jay from the stairs.

She gave him a look but smiled almost immediately again when she thought about where she was going.

"No, parents-teacher-conference!", Minhee beamed.

"Wow. You're really happy to go there, aren't you?"

"I am.", she nodded. "Then...I see you later.", she waved and opened the door.

"Do you need a ride?", Jay asked but Minhee just shook her head. "I'm fine. Bye, JayJay." and with this she left the house.


*Really, I don't get why she always has to look for nicknames.*, he frowned but a little smile appeared on his face. *But it's still sweet.*

His phone started ringing and he picked up. "Hey Natasha....yeah, sure. I'll be there tonight....yeah, don't be scared, I'm going to take care of you...yeah, bye."



                                                                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Minhee came back late in the evening.

It has been awfull. The women there were looking down at her.  They frowned, some even gasped then they heard that she was Jimin's mother.

"This can't be true."

"Look, how young she looks!"

"Maybe, she had surgery."

"She's only 19!"

"But Jim is 11, how can this be..."

"Maybe she's lying about her age."

"Or even about Jimin's age..."

"This is strange."

"She's weird."


Endless comments were coming from the peoples mouth and she felt completly lost and uncomfortable.
She hadn't done something wrong. She just sat there and listened to what the teacher was saying, but all these stares...juging her, her appearence and even her son was too much.

She was stupid to think that people in america would accept her as his mother, that they wouldn't be suspicious and be nice to her at the first meet. How stupid.

She sighed while walking up the stares. She hoped more than anything that Jimin wouldn't be in trouble because of her.


                                                                                                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"You're mom is only 19?"

"She can't be your mom!"

"This is strange!"

"She has to be his sister."

"But my parents told me too, that she was his mom!"

"We already saw her picking you up from school! She looks like 17!"



His classmates started to talk about the issue the next day.

Jimin didn't understad where the problem was. Yes, his mom was 19, so what?

He ignored most of his classmates for their stupid comments what also brought them to ignore him. The parents of his friends even warned their kids not to come near Jimin. Somthing was odd about them, they said. 

Jimin started to play alone at the playground. Seeing his friends playing with each other and ignoring him, made him feel lonly. He started to stay at home and do his homework, help in the restaurant and to clean up everything he could.

It broke Minhee's heart completly. It was her intire fault that the kids didn't wanted to play with her son. She felt so sorry.

"Do you want to play with me X-Box?", Minhee suggested often but Jimin denied.

"Do you want me to buy something for you Jimin?",she also asked a lot but he always refused.

It wasn't his mother fault, Jimin knew, but also he started to avoid his mother for awhile. It was strange for everyone that his mother was 19. The loss of his friends had something to do with it and somehow his head told him to hide from everyone would be the best way. Even from his mother.



Minhee couldn't bear seeing her son slowly getting into depressions in his young age and drove to Mrs Nickles home.

She knocked at the door and was greeted by the frowning madame.

"I know it isn't easy to accept that I'm only 19 and having a 11 years old son, but I'm asking you to let your son play with mine."

Mrs Nickles frowned even harder. "I don't think, Jim is your son Minah."

Minhee took a deep breath. "He is.", she said firm.

"No, I think he isn't. He's probably one of these kidnapped kids who are always at the television!"

"What are you talking about?", Minhee asked shocked. It couldn't be starting again...

"You know exactly what I mean. I was already thinking about calling the police and-"

"Jim is my son.", Minhee repeated more rough. She took a deep breath before speaking. "But he is adopted."

"You can't adopt a kid at the age of 19!", Mrs Nickles argued. "You're not even married!"

"I was!", Minhee shouted. "I was and me and my hus-husband adopted him.", Minhee hated to talk about this ing . Even if she didn't mentioned his name, the pain in her heart and body came back.

"Liar!", the woman scolded.

"But it's true!"

"You're just creating some unbelievable stories! Leave, before I'll call the police to find Jim's real parents!"

"BUT HE IS MY SON!"

"LEAVE!"

And she shut the door right infront of Minhee's face.


Dazzed Minhee walked back home and was greeted by a window cleaning Jimin.

"Jimin.", Minhee walked over to him an took the whipping rag out of his hand.

"Mom, what are you doing? I'm cleaning-"

"It's enough cleaning. You already cleaned enough. You're 11. You're not supposed to clean windows", she said. "Please go outside and have some fun, ok?", her voice broke at the last word and Jimin looked worried up.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine. Go outside. Play." 

Seeing his mom's teary eyes he left his home and walked to the park.



                                                                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Minhee was sitting with Mr Park on a table. She had told him everything and started crying. This was all too much for her.
The old man nodded once in a while and felt sorry for the young mother. She didn't mean any harm, she just wanted to live a happy and normal life with her son.

He was about to say something when they heard the door opening and little fast footsteps.

"Jimin?", Minhee called and whipped her tears away. There was no answer, just a slamped door sound.

Minhee walked worried up the stairs and knocked at her son's door.

"Jimin?", she tried to open the door but it was locked. "What happen? Can you open the door? Jimin?"

"Go away.", she heard her son muffled say.

"Tell me what happened. I can help y-"

"GO AWAY!", Jimin shouted and startled Minhee. Muffled sobbs were heard from the other side from the door and Minhee thought she would get a heartattck. *What happened? What happened to him?*



                                                                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Weeks passed and Jimin ignored and avoided his mother as much as he could. Everytime she wanted to talk to him, he was locked in his room. Even Jay wasn't anymore able to talk to him. He had locked himself away from the world.

One day Minhee suggested to pick him a from school and then talk to him. He wouldn't be able to hide.

She arrived at the school, seeing her son surrounded by a crowed of kids.

When she came closer she saw her son fighting against a guy.

"So what are you going to do? Calling your 19 year old 'mother' ?"

"She's not my mother!", Jimin shouted and hit the guy.

"It was you who said that she is your mom!", the boy hit Jimin in the stomach. 

"SHE IS NOT MY MOTHER!", Jimin exploded and threw himself on top of the boy, punching him as fast and hard as he could.

"YAH! PARK JIMIN!", Minhee shouted and yanked her son away from the boy. The boy was lying bleeding on the ground.

"Hey little boy. Are you ok? Come let me help you.", Minhee bend down and helped the boy to stand up.

"At least she's pretty.", the boy spat and pushed Minhee away from him. "Let's go.", the boy said to some pupil and then all one by one left Minhee's and Jimin's sight.

Minhee looked at her son. He had bruises all over his face, but he refused to look at his mother. He knew he would be scolded now.

"Today.", Minhee started. "You really hurted me Jimin."

And this was it.

After this sentence she didn't talked to Jimin anymore. They went home and Jimin had to explain to Grandpa and Jay Hyung why he had bruises all over his face. They ate together but no one said a word. Jimin would glance at his mother, but she wouldn't even meet his eyes.

She ignored Jimin for the day and so she did the next day.

Jimin couldn't bear the silence between him and his mother.

"Talk to me!", he demanded when he found his mother cooking lunch. She didn't answered.

"Why are you even angry at me?", Jimin said desprate. "I haven't done something wrong."

But there was still no answer.

"Mom!"

"Don't call me like that.", said his mom and continued cooking. Confused Jimin shook his head.

"What do you mean?", he asked.

"Don't call me mom.", Minhee said and put some water in her soup. "You've said I'm not your mother, so why do you keep calling me mom?"

It wasn't really a question, but even hearing something like this from her hurted Jimin a lot.

"I didn't mean to say it but-"

"What? What's there for a but?", she asked angry, but still backfacing her son.

"I'm not your real son!", Jimin almost yelled. "I'm adopted!", he started to cry. "My friend told me."

He started to cry harder. "You always said that I'm your son and not to worry about what these people in the strange house were saying. But you were lying mom. I'm not your son." now Jimin was already sobbing.

Minhee sighed but didn't turned around to her son.

"We are not blood related that's true Jimin.", she said. "But I'm still your mother."

"Being a mother doesn't only mean to be blood related Jimin. It also means to care about your child. To love him more than anything else. To help him with every problem he has. To protect him from every bad things in the world...but I wasn't able to protect you from the bad experience you had. I'm really a bad mother, that's probably why you don't see me as one."

"That's not true mom.", Jimin hugged her back tightly and cried loud. "I'm sorry! I'm really really sorry! I didn't mean to say these mean words!"

He burried his face at her back. "I'm sorry that I hurted you. You're the best mom. The best Umma!"

Minhee turned finally around and Jimin could see her crying face what brought him to cry more. He never meant to hurt his mother. Never. She started to pat Jimin's head and brought an arm around his shoulder.

"It's ok.", she whispered. "Stop crying."

"I love you Umma, I really do.", Jimin continued crying just like his mother.

"I know baby boy.", she whispered. "I know."