Why Him And Not Me?

When The Son Loves His Mother

Jimin promised himself never to make his mother sad again, never to make her cry.

The only thing he wanted now was to make her happy. To let her smile and to forget about the hard time they two had.

But he did it again. He hurted his mother again. Jimin hated himself for it.

"Umma! Please pick up! I'm really really sorry ok? I didn't mean to say this. Where are you? Are you at least ok? Please call me back or answer the phone, arasso?"

This was already the 25th time he had tried to reach his mother but nothing. She wouldn't pick up her phone nor call him back and this was driving him crazy.

"Jimin.", called Jin friendly. "I think your mother needs time. What you said-"

"I KNOW OK!", Jimin half shouted and tears filled his eyes. "It was unforgiveable."

"It was a mistake.", Jin assured. "You didn't mean to hurt her. Give her time, she'll be back soon."

"She had already enough time.", he whispered desprate and called her again.

"She left 2 hours ago."

"SO WHAT?", Jimin shouted again. "I want to apologize Jin hyung. Now. Not later, not in 2 days nor 1 week, I want to do it NOW."

*We have to make up.*, Jimin thought desprate. *I don't want to fight with her.*

"Wow, you're really mom's baby boy aren't you?", asked Suga with a raised eyebrown.

"Suga!", Jin hissed but he shook his head.

"I'm serious hyung. You two had a fight. She left angry, but she'll come back. Mothers always regret their actions afterwards and come back as soon as possible when they have a feeling that their kid isn't fine either. So relax. Seriously, if I wouldn't know better, I would think you're in love with your own mom. You look like a sick, lost puppy in love."

Jimin's face had gotten red from the anger he had towards Suga now. "I should...", Jimin took one step nearer to Suga but was stopped by Taehyun.

"Wow! Stop.", he said and lifted his hands. "Hitting your friend is not a solution, Jimin."

Taehyun thought for a while . "What about your mom's boyfriend?", he asked suddenly but Jimin hissed. "He's NOT her boyfriend!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I mean, the guy from earlier. Don't you have his number? Maybe he knows where your mom is."

Of course Jimin had Jay Hyung's number, but he didn't wanted to call him. If he would call and his mother would be at Jay's house...it would break his heart.

"Earth to  Jimin? Hello?", Taehyun waved his hand infront of Jimin.

"Damn it.", Jimin cursed, took his phone and called his hyung.

"Jimin.", Jay greeted friendly.

"Where's my mother?", asked Jimin right away.

"She's here with me.", Jay said and Jimin closed his eyes hurt. *I knew it.*

"Where are you two? I'm coming.", he said and walked to his room, putting a jacket on.

"She's not in a good condition now. You shouldn't-"

"Don't tell me what to do!", he yelled in the telephone. "I want to see my mother. So where the heck are you two?"

"Calm down Jimin.", Jay said now annoyed. "You don't have to worry, she's with me and-"

"But I am ing worried!", he shouted. "Because she's with someone like you!"

"What do you mean by that?"

"You know exactly what I mean Jay. You were always that the typ of person, taking advantages of girls who are weak!", Jimin said angry.

"Do this with your other es, but don't even dare to touch my mom in this moment!"

"Watch your mouth Jimin.", Jay said threatening.

"I ing won't! You know that I'm right! So tell me where she is, so I can take her out of your dirty han-"

"Jimin.", he heard suddenly a femal voice say.

"UMMA!", he said relief. "Umma! Umma, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you! I'm really really sorry! Where are you? Are you hurt? Did Jay do something to-"

"I'll be back in one hour. We need to talk.", she said firmly and hung up.



                                                                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One hour had passed and Jimin was nervously walking forth and back. *What to do? What to say?*, he thought all the time while  walking.

Once in a while Suga would bring a comment and also J-Hope, since they thought Jimin's behaviour was ridicouless, but Jin would always come and hit them by their heads, telling them to shut up.

Meanwhile Taehyun tried akwardly to cook something, Jungkook would always whine and telling his hyung that he did everything wrongly. Namjoon was watching Jimin with a frown but kept quiet all the time.

They heard the door knocking and Jungkook was the one who opened the door.

"Minhee Noona!", he greeted warmly. She gave him a bright smile. "Hello Jungkookie.", she ruffled his hair.

"I'll cook dinner later. What about bulgogi?", she asked and Jungkook nodded his head excitedly. "I would love it."

"Great.", she beamed. 

*She's a great actor.*, thought Jungkook sadly. *If I wouldn't have heard them fighting, I wouldn't had believed Jimin's words."

"Unnie is here!", Jungkook said loud and the only one who came to see her was Jimin.

"Umma.", he whispered.

"Let's go to the kitchen Jimin.", she said and passed him, not glancing once at him. Jimin gulped hardly but followed her right afterwards.



"I'm sorry.", Jimin and Minhee said at the same time. Jimin's eyes rounded in surprisment.

"Why are you sorry?", he asked her.

"I should have told you about me and Jay.", she said sadly. "I'm sorry."

"So...you two...are really...", he didn't wanted to say it out loud.

"In a relationship, yes.", she said for him.

"Since when?.", he asked pressed and made tight fist.

"One week after you left.", she confessed and Jimin's eyes widen.

"ONE WEEK AFTER I LEFT FOR KOREA?!", he shouted.

"Yes.", she whispered.

"Since two years?", he couldn't believe it. "One week after I left you two, you decided to become love birds, or what? While I was working hard to make you proud, you were in a relationship with Hyung?!"

"I was always proud at you Jimin.", Minhee said seriously. "And I'll always be."

"Then how comes it that you and hyung started to have a relationship?", he asked confuse.

She sighed tiredly. "I am also just a woman Jimin.", she said. "I was 24 and you 16 when you left home to become an idol."

"We two were never apart from each other. Never. I fell sick after you left. I was missing you so badly and I fell into depression and I didn't wanted to eat anymore..."

"Why didn't you tell me?", he asked shocked. Minhee sounded always fine threw the telephone.

"How could I? You would have gave up your dream because of me. You would have come back, right?"

"Of course I would have come back!", he said loudly. "If I would have known.."

"See. How could I had been so selfish and let you come back, just because I missed you?" She shook her head. "I could never do that."

"Jay was helping me a lot.", Minhee continued. "He was there for me. He brought me out of these depressions and that's how I started to like him Jimin."

Jimin looked away with a hurt face. If he would had known...

"So he helped you to forget me?", Jimin asked bitter.

"He helped me not to miss you as much as necessary.", she said firm. " I was still missing you, but he assured me that you were fine, that you could handle everything and that you would come back soon."

"Umma, you're blind.", Jimin laughed bitterly. 

"What do you mean?", Minhee asked frowned.

"Hyung was always a player Umma.", he said. "Of course he would get you in your bad condition." Jimin shook his head.

"If I wouldn't have left, you're oh-so-great relationship wouldn't have even started. Intelligent hyung, he was even able to fool you."

"Jimin, stop it.", Minhee said seriously, but he wouldn't.

"I'm sure that he already cheeted on you!", he yelled.

" Then why do you bother?", said his mother now angry. "I thought I'm not your mother, so why do you bother?"

"Because I love you Umma.", Jimin said angry. "I'm not letting him hurt you!"

"I love you too Jimin, but you don't have the right to-"

"No, I love you.", he said again.

She looked sadly at her desprate son. "You know that Umma loves you too Jimin-"

"I don't love my mother.", Jimin said, what confused Minhee totally.

"Jimin, I don't understand-"

"I don't love my mother, because I don't know her. But I love you.", he walked to Minhee and closed the gap between them.

"I don't love you as my mother, but I love you as my Minhee.", he confessed and Minhee widen her eyes in shock.

"No way", she whispered but was silenced when Jimin cupped her face and pressed his lips against hers.