The First Wish

good girls go to heaven and bad girls go everywhere

[title song: my lady (english acoustic version)]

Chapter 7;

You watch as Baekhyun stuffs the rest of your books into your backpack before slinging it over his shoulder. He then stands up, smirking down at you, “Let’s go get some lunch, babe.”

You scowl at him. “Stop calling me that.”

“Alright babe.”

You want to punch the dumb smirk off his face. Instead you reach for your backpack, “I’m perfectly capable of carrying my own stuff.”

He nods as he walks, “I know.”

You make a face, “Then give it back.”

“Nope.”

Baekhyun.”

He holds your backpack above your heads and watches you, challengingly, “If you want it back, you’re going to have to get it.” The evil bastard is using his height against you. You scowl at him, refusing to jump up for your damn backpack because you have a little dignity left, despite what he seems to believe. He just laughs (and you hate how nice it sounds), “Can’t you reach it? Are you too short?”

“Ha. Ha. Short jokes. How funny.” You hiss, crossing your arms.

He purses his lips, in thought, before nodding, “Yes, yes they are.”

You glare at his back as he walks off before following him. “You’re paying for me.” You tell him.

Baekhyun just smirks at you.

~.~.~.~.~

You quickly learn that Baekhyun is actually fun to talk to. Yeah, surprising, right? He’s not smirking at you (well, he’s not doing it as much as usual) and he’s laughing and pouting and asking you mundane questions like what your favorite color is. It’s weird. But it’s so endearing. He’s currently in the middle of recounting a story about how Chanyeol nearly burned down his kitchen making ramyun (complete with wild hand gestures and reenactments) when you finally ask him the question that’s been bugging you for a while.

“Who are you and what did you do with Byun Baekhyun?”

He furrows his eyebrows in confusion, “What are you talking about?”

You stare at him, “You’re being nice and sweet and cute.” Then you blush because you really didn’t mean to say that last part out loud. .

He smiles, eyes crinkling and sharp teeth showing, “Would you rather I be mean to you?”

“No.” You sigh, because he’s right. You don’t really like cynical, y Baekhyun.

“Good.” Then he pauses and his eyes trail down your face before he bites his lips. You can’t help but blush and it’s not helping that he looks especially attractive today. His hair is a little messy and his eyeliner makes his eyes look so sultry. He’s wearing a deep white v neck and you look away, glancing around the sandwich shop, specifically so you can stop looking at his neck and his chest and what could possibly be underneath and you need to stop right now. At least he’s not touching you.

Then you feel fingers brushing at the collar of your sweater, lightly touching your shoulder, and you freeze. You snap your eyes back to him and he’s leaning over the table touching your shoulder, flicking the collar of your already slouchy sweater aside a little. He’s touching you. Why is he touching you? You can see straight down his shirt and your brain feels a little muddled. His fingers are warm and you resist the urge to shiver. Is he really touching you like this in a sandwich shop? Does he think you’re that easy? Why do you have the sudden urge to kiss him? Oh God. His fingers are still brushing against your shoulder and you force yourself to breathe. Why are you reacting like this? Calm down, Sooyong. Yell at him; do something. Oh my God. You snap yourself out of your daze and glare, swatting his hand away from you. “What are you doing?” You hiss.

He’s still leaning across the table as he props himself up on his elbows and you can’t believe how close he is. You could count his eyelashes if you wanted to. You watch as he points at your shoulder, “Where’d you get that from?”

You blink. “Get what?” You ask as you glance down at your shoulder. There’s a long red gash running down your shoulder. “Oh, that.” You mutter. You remember this. You had gotten it when you had confronted a group of men who wouldn’t pay their debts. One of them had pulled a knife on you. Of course they weren’t much of a threat, they were a bunch of drugged out, bumbling idiots, but one of them had gotten you on the shoulder with the knife. It hadn’t been a deep cut, but it was still healing. You had completely forgotten about it, to be honest. You stare at your cut, “It’s nothing. I don’t even know how I got it.”

There’s a long pause before you feel two fingers against your chin. You glance down at the long, slender fingers and frown as he pulls your head around until you’re forced to look him in the eyes. His eyes are dark, intense, and searching. You can’t look away because they’re almost mesmerizing. He speaks quietly, “I want you to tell me the truth.”

“I am telling you the truth.” You respond, just as quietly. Something about his expression immediately puts you on guard. He tightens his grip on your chin and you bite your lip.

“Did someone hurt you? Is someone hurting you?” He sounds almost dangerous when he speaks and there’s even a hint of concern. His eyes tell you that he knows something; at least he thinks he knows something.

You blink, “What are you talking about?”

He leans back against his chair, removing his hand from your chin and placing his chin on his hands, and tilts his head to the side, watching you thoughtfully. “If someone is hurting you. Or your friends. I want you to tell me, okay?”

 You look at him with a frown, “Why do you care so much?”

He smiles and it’s not his usual smirk, no, it’s sweet and tired looking, “Because I’m your Not Friend and I’m worried.” His eyes slide down to your shoulder as he says this.

“You’re talking like you could do something about it.” You comment, eventually, ignoring the way his intense gaze makes you feel flustered.

“I did something about Jessica-ssi, didn’t I?” Baekhyun responds.

You nod, sighing, because he’s right. He did. He just chuckles and asks you another question, “So if you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?” And you realize he’s changing the subject, his gaze softening. You fix your sweater and respond anyway, feeling confused.

~.~.~.~.~

“I need to head back home now.” You tell him; because you’ve finally realized that you’ve been sitting here talking to Baekhyun for three hours.

He blinks a few times and then nods, “Yeah, of course. Let me walk you home.” He doesn’t pose it as a question.

Somewhere between the sandwich shop and your apartment he takes your hand, warm fingers lacing through yours, and you blink. He doesn’t even acknowledge the fact that he’s holding your hand. He just pulls you along, your backpack in his other hand. You like it. You like the feeling of his hand in yours. He feels warm and soft and rough. He feels like an anchor. It’s really, really nice.

“Is this it?” He asks, stopping in front of your apartment building.

You nod, pushing away your thoughts, “Yeah, it’s apartment 4B.”

You don’t make a move to leave and neither does he. He starts swinging your (still) interlocked hands between you two before he finally speaks, “I’ll see you later, then.”

You nod, “Yeah. We still need to do that project.”

He groans, “Ugh, don’t talk to me about that project.”

“Well, it’s important. Did you think I forgot about it?”

He looks at you, “No, obviously not. You’re kind of a nerd.” You glare at him and he just laughs. You don’t get to respond because he suddenly leans forward and gives you a light peck on the forehead. It’s a warm, comforting pressure and you gape at him. He just laughs again, a little obnoxiously, “Bye, Sooyong-ah. Have fun doing nerd things.”

He untangles his hand from yours and you hate how cold your hand feels. He snickers as he turns and walks away. You shake your head and glare at him, “You’re an .” You shout after him.

He doesn’t even turn around; he just waves his hand at you and keeps walking. You can still hear him laughing at you. You huff, turning on your heels and walk into your apartment building. As you wait for the elevator to stop on your floor all you can think about is his warm hand in yours, his warm lips on your forehead. Your chest feels weird and you really kind of want to kill Byun Baekhyun. But you also want to kiss him. And that’s what’s most confusing of all.

~.~.~.~.~

From: Mina

i’ve got them distracted go now before i lose them minhee says the cams are down get our back hurry

You glance up at Jessica, half of her face covered by a simple black mask, purple lips vibrant. “She says it’s clear.”

Jessica peeks around the corner before rolling her eyes, “Yeah, unnie’s definitely got them distracted.”

You peek around the corner too and laugh, silently. Mina is currently lounging on a bench, long, bare legs crossed, while she plays on her phone. She’s wearing a skirt that really shows off her long legs and she’s on a lollipop a little too seductively. You think she looks like she’s come straight out of a magazine shoot or something. The guards, who had been diligently watching the alleyways not even five minutes ago, are currently staring at Mina, their backs towards you. “She probably shouldn’t be so good at this.” You say, with a slight frown.

Jessica shrugs, “It’s in her nature. She likes it. Anyways. We should go now.”

You nod, pushing Jessica forwards, and then you two creep towards the entrance of what used to be your warehouse. The various security cameras EXO had set up around the warehouse are currently down, thanks to Minhee deciding she’d hack them until they shut down their systems again. You figured out that a shutdown system meant shutdown cameras and that’s how the plan started forming. Jessica fumbles with the silver padlock and you jump on your toes a bit, constantly glancing back at the guards. One look back and they’d see you. “Hurry up.” You hiss.

“I know.” Jessica replies, gritting her teeth. You glance back at the guards and bite your lip, catching Mina’s eyes. You’ve known her long enough to recognize when she’s panicking even if it doesn’t look like it. One of the guards is about to turn around when Mina drops her phone and giggles, bending over to pick it up. You don’t miss the glare of warning she sends you. “I. . Got it. Get in. Hurry.” Jessica suddenly whispers.

You squeeze into the warehouse, shutting the door lightly. You look around, feeling a little nostalgic. Your new warehouse was nice, yeah, but this one had been your first and it was important. You shake your head a little and glance at Jessica, “Find all of the security cameras. It doesn’t matter if it’s ours or theirs, just get them all. We don’t have time to sort through them.”

Jessica nods, “Okay, I’ll take the righ—”

“The coast is clear like it always is, boss.” A voice carries down from one of the high rises. Jessica’s eyes widen in panic and you look around, franticly. You need a place to hide. . You can hear the footsteps getting closer. . “Maybe LILAC is laying low for a while. The boys haven’t heard or seen those es in a while. Rumor has it one of their clients pulled knives on them.” Jessica points behind you and you turn on your heels. There’s a stack of crates and you practically fling yourself behind them, pressing your back against the wall. Jessica scoots in beside you and looks at you with wide, worried eyes. You just press a finger to your lips because you think that with your luck he’d somehow hear you. “Yes. Okay. Got it. Oh, um, Suho sir…When will be getting the money?” You listen as the footsteps fade away before there’s a slam of a door.

Jessica stares at you and murmurs, “Suho? Do you know a Suho?”

You frown, shaking your head, filing away the name for later, “No, I don’t. Anyways, let’s get the cameras and get out of here.”

~.~.~.~.~

It takes you nearly an hour to track down the cameras you all had put up and the whole time you two are entirely too tense. Every single noise makes you jump and finally when you stuff the last camera into your backpack you sigh. “I’m done, J. What about you?”

“I think I’m done, too.” Jessica walks up to you, smiling slightly.

“Okay, let’s get the hell out of here.” You say because this place makes you so uncomfortable.

“Aw leaving so soon?” A voice calls out and then you hear the familiar click of a safety of a gun. You snap your head to the side and you’re staring at three people, their faces are covered by black ski masks, but you can tell that they’re clearly young men. You can clearly tell they’re in EXO. His voice sounds weird, like it’s crackly and machine-altered. You figure he’s wearing a voice changer. Minhee had made some for you guys and you use it once in a while. Today, you had forgotten yours at home and so had Jessica.

The tall one on the right speaks, juggling the spear in his hands. His voice sounds irritated. “You’re telling me LILAC’s just a couple of little girls?”

Jessica scoffs, angrily crossing her arms, and the one on the left, who stands so gracefully he reminds you vaguely of a lion, sounds amused, “Seems like they’re feisty little girls apparently.”

“Are you done? Because we’re just going to go now.” You say, quickly, lowering your voice a little so it sounds different.

The tall one spins his spear and you’d bet anything that he’s rolling his eyes. The one in the middle snickers and you frown because it sounds vaguely familiar, despite the voice changer changing the pitch of it. Before you can pinpoint exactly why, he speaks, sounding completely amused, “That’s cute.”

The lion-like one speaks in a deadly voice and it makes you nervous, “You two aren’t going anywhere.”

“That’s what you think.” Jessica says before she suddenly had two guns in each hand, aimed and ready to shoot. She did it so fast you have to blink a few times in amazement.

The tall one brandishes his spear, holding it against his forearm. “This is going to be so fun.” He says with a childlike glee that somehow seems even more terrifying than if he had been serious.

The lion-like one laughs and the one in the middle tilts his head to the side. “Naughty girls need to be punished, you know.” He says, smoothly.

You pull out your own gun from where you had strapped it to your waist and scowl, “We’ll gladly punish you.”

“You’re so on.” The one with the spear says. Then he leans forward on his toes for exactly half a second before he shoots towards you and Jessica at full speed.

.


a/n: cliffhanger!!!!! aha!!!!!!! sorry!!!!!!!

but yes things are progressing.

Tell me what you think of this chapter? 

Who do you think the three exo members are?

How many chapters until they get the hINTS?

All shall be answered soon because I've decided I'm making this story around 20 chapters. I really want to finish it because if I do that means this would be the first multichapter fic EVER that I've actually finished. I have a really bad rep regarding leaving longfics unfinished oops.

Comments and votes and such would mean the world to me! Thank you! :)

P.S. Who wants to make me a graphic for this? I'm too lazy to do it myself so message me if you are interested please ^^