The Actual Worst

good girls go to heaven and bad girls go everywhere

[there's a prologue in the foreword btw!]

chapter 1;

You find that living a double life is a bit disconcerting. In one life you're the Class President, in your other life, you're The Boss of a mafia. It's so strange it's almost funny. You remember how, after barely any convincing (which really doesn't speak nicely for your character), you, Mina, Minhee, and Jessica had started planning to rob SM National Bank. It wasn't very hard actually. Minhee easily tracked down the passcodes and took over the security and surveillance cameras much faster than you expected (which makes you wonder if she practiced this a few times) and Mina, surprisingly enough, was good at making detailed plans, athough she needed you to make sure it didn't have any holes in it. There's a reason why I'm neck deep in debt, she had said. You had to agree. Jessica said she would be in charge of the weapons. You all stared at her incredulously as she shrugged and muttered something about how living in a town infested with criminals meant easy access to firearms, obviously.

It was almost scary how good you guys were at this.

All you needed was an ID from one of the workers, which Mina easily got in less than twenty-four hours. When you asked her how she just smirked, wiggled her eyebrows, and told you something about how uncomfortable it is to be wedged between a nerdy teller boy and a sink in a bank bathroom. God, your best friends are the actual worst.

Somewhere in the midst of the planning, you all decided you'd call yourselves LILAC because Minhee had found some drugstore lipstick in 241 able Lilac and thought it was the coolest shade ever. ("There's even matching nail polish!") Even Jessica liked the color. It looked good on all of you guys and Minhee kept yelling about how this was "so Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants except we're not travelling or sharing pants; we're robbing banks and wearing cute lipstick!" Somewhere in the midst of robbing the bank, Mina had managed to swipe the lilac lipstick across each of your lips, claiming that 'the first step to robbing a bank is to look fabulous as '. You had to agree.

It had been intoxicating, for lack of a better word. Robbing SM National Bank had given you a thrill you never realized you craved until now. So somewhere in the midst of paying off debts and opening a new checking account (at SM National Bank because who would even expect it?), LILAC became a permanent thing. You were voted as the leader, which was incredibly surprising and flattering. You eventually figure out that you were voted as leader because you knew how to fight. Minhee is the "Brains", Mina is the "Strategizer", and Jessica is the "Hitwoman". The whole process of mafia building was fun and sometimes you wondered if there was something wrong with you guys for having sleepovers where you'd talk about who owed you money and the most terrifying way to get them to pay you back.

It's been four months now and you guys are on the news. Not your identities, but your mark. The 241 able Lilac lipstick marks, that is. You leave lilac kisses wherever you have a job and it's pretty cool.

You're snapped out of your thoughts when the teacher walks in and rubs his hands in anticipation. You don't exactly have to pay attention because this is Communications and you only ever have trouble in math anyways. Your teacher is talking about the importance of Interpersonal and Intrapersonal skills and something about a semester long project. You completely zone out, until the teacher says your name. You blink.

Your teacher--Mr. Kim--sounds worried, "Miss Lee, are you alright? You are not known to drift off like this."

You stand and bow, "Sorry, Mr. Kim. I'm a bit tired."

"It's alright. Just pay attention next time. As I was saying, for your semester project you will be paired up with Mr. Byun. Please go join him, Miss Lee."

You turn towards the boy Mr. Kim is pointing at and frown. It's Byun Baekhyun. As Class President you have to know at least the names of everybody in your year. You know more than Byun Baekhyun's name. You know his reputation (total slacker, except when it comes to his music and dance classes, apparent on legs but also the type to 'hit it and quit it' every time, and sassy to the point where he can be a total douchebag). You also know that he hangs out with eleven other highly attractive boys almost religiously (ually, Jessica corrects every time) even though a few of them attend Graduate College at SM University. You also know that they've got some weird history with a lot of the sunbaes.

"Is there a reason why you're staring?" Baekhyun interrupts your thoughts, smirking as your eyes widen. You bite your lip, a little embarassed, before taking a seat in the seat beside him.

"Just wondering where you learned to apply eyeliner like that. It's pretty good. You should give me some tips." You reply. You realize what you said could come across a bit mean but smile sweetly, making sure he knows you're joking. (Well, you're only half-joking because it's actually really good.)

He smiles, sweetly, back at you. "I should. You look like you applied yours in the dark."

You frown but before you can respond Mr. Kim interrupts with the assignment.

You're going to have to make a presentation with Byun Baekhyun on selling a product of your choice. You have to do extensive research and make videos and powerpoints. You have to do this with known slacker Byun Baekhyun for the rest of the semester. Damn it.

He leans forward, so close that you can see the exact places his eyeliner had smudged and the way his tousled hair swoops and tickles his eyelashes, and you have to admit, this Byun Baekhyun guy is really, really attractive (you immediately feel guilty because you have a boyfriend, Sooyong, snap out of it). "Sooo, how about you think up ideas and and then we can meet up at my house this weekend?"

"Why am I thinking up ideas?"

"You're class president. You're supposed to be good at that."

"No."

He does a doubletake. "What?"

"I'm not doing this alone, Byun Baekhyun. So I'm coming to your house this weekend and you're going to have ten ideas ready, got it?" You point at him, using your authoritative tone you usually reserve for collecting money.

He looks at you in surprise before quickly masking it with a smirk, "Sure. Whatever. Saturday. 7pm. Don't be late, I don't like slackers." And then he gets up and walks out and you realize that class is over. You glare at his retreating back. 

Byun Baekhyun might be the actual worst.


a/n: ahhh okay i wrote this because i love mafia!exo au's and also university aus and i recently rewatched mr and mrs smith and basically this has become the brainchild of all of those. Comments would be really awesome! Thanks! (this is going to rated m bc idk there's a lot of bad words and stuff?)