The Warning

good girls go to heaven and bad girls go everywhere

Chapter 3;

You wake up the next morning, confused and sporting the worst headache you've ever experienced. You moan curling your legs into your stomach and wish the world would just tone down its brightness. Then all the (hazy) memories rush back to you and you sit up quickly, grimacing at the nausea the sudden movement causes. You're lying in a bed you don't recognize, in a room you don't recognize, and you take a moment to peek under covers and sigh in relief when you're positive you still have most of your clothes on. Wait. Most of your clothes?

You groan, figuring you should freak out later and might as well go with it right now. Slowly you get out of bed and head to the little bathroom in the corner. You look like an absolute mess, your hair is tangled and your eyeliner practically glued your eyes shut. At least you still have your underwear on, but your shirt is missing and you really don’t know where it went. God, how are you supposed to leave the room without a shirt? You wash your face and look around for your purse. It's nowhere to be found, but you do find a drawer full of t-shirts and you grab one. It’s huge but it’ll work.

. This is a terrible situation.

Eventually you make it down the unfamiliar stairs and you're positive you're still at Baekhyun's house, so there is that. You stumble into the kitchen and find Byun Baekhyun leaning against the counter, cell phone in one hand and a spoon hovering near his mouth. He's staring at his phone so intensely; he misses his mouth at first. You clear your throat awkwardly and his eyes snap up.

He smirks at you, raising an eyebrow, until you finally ask him, "Uh. Um. Did we, like, do anything last night?" The thing is, you barely remember what happened last night. All you remember is meeting Xiumin and Luhan and seeing Jihoon in bed with another girl. You also remember flipping Jihoon into the ground. After that everything is kind of hazy and vague and you're pretty sure you made out with someone with a really deep voice. But that's all you remember and it's disconcerting.

He shrugs, speaking casually, "Nah we didn’t. You didn't do much other than drink straight from the keg after Xiumin hyung dared you. You lost the dare so you had to go shirtless for a while. Oh. You also made out with Chanyeol."

You blush. Oh god. You’re suddenly incredibly happy you don’t remember what happened, because you might just die from embarrassment. "I did. Shirtless. Keg. Oh god. Um. Okay. Where’s my purse?”

Baekhyun smirks before turning around. He pulls open one of the drawers and puts your purse down on the counter, forcing you to sit down across from him. You ignore his stupid smirk and dig through your purse instead. You finally pull out your phone. You’re surprised to find eight missed calls and fourteen new texts. You open the newest text from Mina and frown.

I know ur probably doin the dirty rn but can u hurry?? There’s an emergency. We’re at your apartment.

“Is there a problem?” Baekhyun interrupts your thoughts. 

“Huh. Yeah. Mina’s having debt issues.” You say, as nonchalantly as possible.

Baekhyun looks confused and your hungover mind thinks he looks really good in the morning, all mussed up and eyeliner-less. “Isn’t Mina the really tall one? Luhan says he saw her hanging around some very sketchy parts of town earlier today.”

“You’re not implying that she’s like indebted to a mafia or something, are you?” You ask, coldly. The various mafias in town are practically common knowledge among citizens, so you’re used to talking about it.

 Before he can respond other people walk in and you are absolutely not prepared for other people. Especially not attractive men kind of other people. It’s Xiumin, this extremely tall boy with curly hair, and a ruffled looking Oh Sehun (who you remember because he had been calling himself DJ Sehun all night and had even used a few pickup lines based off his name that had made you cringe).

“Hey! If it isn’t Miss Class President Who Can Down Half a Keg in One Go!” Xiumin yells, way too loudly, with unnecessary capitalization that you can practically hear.

You flinch and moan a little, barely able to make coherent sentences, “No. Please. Loud. Too much.”

Xiumin laughs and throws Baekhyun a questioning look. Baekhyun shakes his head and you frown, before sighing. “I need to go. Debt troubles and all.”

“You don’t want any breakfast?” Xiumin asks. You shake your head and Xiumin puffs out his cheeks, a little.

Oh Sehun looks positively devious when he speaks, “You can’t just go after leaving Chanyeol hyung hanging like you did.”

You blush furiously and the tall boy—Chanyeol—rubs the back of his neck, laughing awkwardly. Baekhyun bursts into laughter and you scowl. Every time you try to protest Xiumin shakes his head and Sehun pouts. “But. Okay. Fine. Breakfast. Fine.” You eventually give in.

Xiumin grins and Baekhyun leads the way out of the kitchen and down a flight of stairs to what you’re guessing is the basement. You end up next to Chanyeol and judging from the evil little smile on Xiumin’s face, you’re pretty sure he did this on purpose.

“I’m sorry for making out with you?” You say, eventually, because the awkward tension is getting to be too much and Byun Baekhyun won’t stop laughing.

Chanyeol just grins, shaking his head, “Nah, it’s cool. You’re hot, I’m hot, making out was very hot.” You laugh because who even says that?

Before you can respond an angry voice from beyond the bottom of the stairs interrupts, “We sent them a warning, but what we need to do is figure out who the they are. These Li—”

“Hey, Kris hyung! We’ve got a guest!” Baekhyun shouts, suddenly. You wince and groan because you’ve still got a killer hangover and Chanyeol pats your arm, sympathetically. You all step into the basement and it’s huge and fully equipped with a kitchen and TV. There are soft pillows strewn everywhere and two comfy couches surrounding a coffee table. A few black cases piled up beyond an open door in the corner catch your attention since they look so out of place. They’re huge and before you can really analyze what it could possibly be someone shuts the door. You blink and look away.

There are nine other boys lounging about and they’re all ridiculously attractive. You groan internally. You are so not in the mood for this. A very tall blonde is the only one standing and when he looks at you, you’re a little bit intimidated because he’s handsome and looks very, very scary. Especially since he’s currently scowling at you with a kind of anger your hungover mind is absolutely not prepared for.

“Uh, hyung. You’re scaring her, I think.” Chanyeol says. Usually you’d deny such ridiculous statements but if Chanyeol’s comment will somehow make the scowling man tone it down a little than who are you to complain?

He doesn’t tone it down, instead he looks at you questioningly and you’re not quite sure what he wants. You awkwardly do a half wave and reply, “I’m Lee Sooyong. Your friends forced me to grab breakfast. I was, um, I was just leaving.”

He smiles at you, a little coldly, but he won’t break eye contact. If there’s one life skill you learned from all this mafia business, it’s definitely the fact that the first one to break eye contact is the weak one. So you level him with a gaze of your own. “I’m Yifan but everyone calls me Kris.”

After a few silent moments, Kris grins and glances at Baekhyun, nodding. You really don’t understand. Before you can question either of them you phone buzzes loudly.

From: Minhee Unnie

huRRY UP AND GET HOME BEFORE THEY KILL US OR SOMETHING! OR DID THEY KILL YOU OH MY GOD ARE YOU DEAD ON THE STREETS SOMEWHERE GODDAMMIT SOOYONG ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE AT LEAST FRicK

“She really wants you home, doesn’t she?” Chanyeol says and you jump and mentally scold yourself for opening texts in front of other people. You nod and Chanyeol laughs. You like the way he laughs with his whole body.

“Those sound like some very persistent debt collectors.” Baekhyun says, and god did he read your text over your shoulder, too? Do boys not know what privacy is?

You roll your eyes, snapping your phone shut, “Who said there were debt collectors?”

Baekhyun taps his chin with a long finger, “Hmm. I just assumed.”

“Yes. You did.” You sigh when your phone buzzes again. This time you glance down at it and snap it shut as quickly as you can.

From: Jessica

Unnie. Minhee hasn’t stopped crying and yelling about how she knows exo killed you and left your body in a ditch somewhere and Mina is online shopping. You need to come home and stop this bull right now. My t shirt is ruined and you owe me a new one.

“I really need to go. It was nice meeting you guys, but yeah. Debt collectors.”

Baekhyun looks at you funny, “You said there weren’t—”

“Shut up and show me out. Your house is too big to figure out.” You reply, waving at Xiumin, Chanyeol, and Oh Sehun who were currently immersed in their own individual conversations.

“Love it when you get bossy, babe.” Baekhyun mutters sarcastically, but follows you up the stairs anyway. You roll your eyes at the catcalls you hear from behind you.

“Don’t call me babe. Also, don’t think I forgot about the project. We need to do the project.” You say, insistently, turning on him and poking him in the shoulder.

He grabs your finger and holds it away, making a face, “Ugh. Can we talk about that later? My head hurts and I’ve got more important things to worry about right now.”

“No, it’s important. What’s more important than a project that’s worth sixty percent of our final grade?” You inquire, shaking his hand off yours.

He shakes his head, looking down at you like you’re a child, “You wouldn’t understand.”

There’s a long silence between you where you’re just staring at him irritated and he’s watching you like he’s waiting for you to make the next move. Then your phone buzzes and he laughs, “I can’t believe I wanted to you. Like, ew, gross.”

You blink. Wow. That was completely uncalled for. “Well, lucky for you because I’d rather eat nails then have with you.”

He laughs like you said the most hilarious thing he’s ever heard. “Hmm, I’d rather eat nails, too, so I guess we’re on the same page.”

Then you proceed to poke him hard on the chest, “I’m coming by Sunday and we’re going to brainstorm. If you throw another party you will regret it.”

He just smirks and you want to punch him. “Of course, babe.”

You glare before stepping out the door, ignoring his stupid laughter.


“What do you mean our warehouse has been trashed?” You ask, incredulously.

Minhee doesn’t answer; instead she’s staring at your shirt rather intensely. You wave a hand in front of her face and she blinks rapidly before looking at you, a tiny knowing smile playing on her lips. “You ed Byun Baekhyun, didn’t you? Oh my god. What was it like? I hear he’s—”

“Minhee, focus.” You interrupt, glaring. “And, for the record, I did not do anything with him.”

“But his hands.” Minhee practically shrieks, eyebrows raised.

Jessica shudders, “Gross.”

“We didn’t do anything!” You say, “Now, tell me what you mean by our warehouse getting trashed.”

Minhee pouts, but turns her laptop in your direction anyways. She continues speaking as you watch black-clad people destroy your warehouse. Rage boils inside of you because this place was like a second home to you guys. “The surveillance cameras caught some stuff. Six people. They look like men. But their faces were covered and they ed up everything.”

And they stole the drugs and weapons we kept there.” Jessica says, looking up from her phone, for the first time.

“Why can’t we go check out the damage ourselves?” You ask, unable to look away from the surveillance footage.

“I went by earlier today and they’ve got people on lookout all over the place. They’re trying to catch us.” Mina says, appearing in the kitchen doorway, an apron thrown over her and a bowl in her hands.

You frown, “Who are they and what do they want from us?”

Minhee zooms into a hexagon shaped symbol, with black letters spray-painted across one of the warehouse walls. “EXO.” Minhee says, softly, “They might be Korea’s most dangerous mafia, to date. They’re known for being ruthless, efficient, and unforgiving. Apparently, before Super Junior disappeared, they gave EXO a ton of weapons, customers, and basically helped EXO establish themselves. They’re even really close with SHINee, apparently.”

You stare at Minhee in disbelief, “But that means—”

Minhee nods, more serious than you’ve ever seen her before, “We’ve somehow managed to piss off one of the most notorious mafias in SM Town, most likely in all of Korea.”

You finally speak, “We should probably stay low for a while?”

“I think we should get them back. I’m positive they’re the reason why this town is so dangerous and someone needs to stand up to them, right?” Jessica says, quietly.

She’s right. You glance at Minhee and Mina and you can tell that they agree with Jessica, too. You exhale loudly, “I think. I think we should get them back, yeah. But we need to be smart about this. We need to lie low while we’re planning because we can’t let them figure out who we are. We’ll be dead, if they do, and I still need to graduate university.”

You glance at your three best friends, waiting for them to agree or disagree. Slowly, one by one, they all agree, and you wonder if this was the right decision to make.


notes: I am on a r o l l with this story oh my god. It's just I really like writing this idk? Also, yes, I know, Sooyong needs to catch the hints already. Tell me what you think please?