The Wrong Crowd

good girls go to heaven and bad girls go everywhere

Chapter 2;

Super cute heels? Check.

Half masks? Check.

Hairbrush? Check.

241 able Lilac lipstick? Check.

CD full of empowering hits from 2NE1, Girl's Generation, Orange Caramel, Beyonce, and Spice Girls? Check.

AK-47? Check.

53 Caliber Manual Flamethrower Model #003? Check.

Wait. What.

You blink, rubbing your eyes because you can't believe what you're seeing. You turn to eye Jessica suspiciously. "What the hell. Where'd you even get this from?" 

Jessica doesn't even look up from her phone and judging from her expression, you're pretty sure she's playing Candy Crush. Still. She's been playing it since last night. "For the ten billionth time, unnie, we live in a town infested by criminals. It's not that difficult."

You sigh, worriedly, "I hope you're not mixing with the wrong crowd or anything. We do not need another Minhee incident."

Jessica glares at you. "I'm not that stupid. Have a little faith. Besides we are pretty much the wrong crowd."

You roll your eyes. So much for worrying about your friends and their health. "Fine. Then where exactly did you get the flamethrower from?"

Jessica shrugs. "From some warehouse in the middle of town. There was a ton of diamonds and hexagons everywhere. But. I thought it looked really cool so I took it."

You frown. "Okaaaay. So what exactly do you plan on using this for?"

Jessica just smirks, a little bit sadistically.


The men whimper and even you are a bit scared of Jessica, right then. She's currently hovering over one of the men, her mask glinting menacingly in the dim moonlight. Her hair is out and she's wearing all black, black jeans, black hoodie, black Chuck Taylors. She looks a bit like an avenging goddess, what with her simple white mask and bright purple (lilac) lips. She has a man (the one with the beard and the awful, mocking smirk) pinned to the ground, handgun aimed inbetween his eyes. The other three men are frozen, mid-fight, because Jessica has the flamethrower pointed directly at them (she had even used it to demonstrate that she wasn't bluffing when she had said she'd melt their off if they tried anything else).

Usually you would reprimand her for beating the out of your 'clients' but you think they definitely deserve this, seeing as when you demanded (the long overdue) payment for the drugs you gave them the one pinned to the ground had made lewd suggestions and another one had actually touched Mina. Mina may look like a giant and she may have a kick personality, but she's really a big softie and no one (no. one.) touches her like that, touches any of you like that. You glance at the bruise forming on her chin and you turn your glare on the man currently pinned to the ground. This group's leader.

"J." You say, calmly, and Jessica immediately steps away. You wish you could take off your mask (it's pink and flowery and you doubt it's very intimidating) but you're also wearing a white lace dress so you doubt your outfit really matters at this point. You stalk up to him, heels clicking, echoing in the dark alley.

He tries to sit up and you place a foot on his chest, digging the heel of your stilettos into it until he's lying back down again. The nice thing about your mask is that your eyes are visible and judging from the look on his face you're positive he's terrified. Good. "I was going to be nice about this, even though we already gave you what? An extra two months? Yeah. An extra two months to pay us back, yet you go ahead and act like a bunch of disgusting pigs. Why would you do that? Hmm?"

You dig your heel deeper into his chest, prompting him to respond. "We thought you were going to..."

You're pissed, it's true. And when you get pissed, you don't yell, you speak calmly, in a collected voice, and Minhee had once said it's one of the most terrifying things she's ever experienced. You really hope you're terrifying this guy right now. "Going to what?" You ask, sweetly. "Hurt you?"

The man nods and you laugh, "We didn't plan on it, but here's the thing, darling." You kneel in front of him, fixing your skirt, before whispering. "You hurt one of us."

He flinches and begins to ramble, "We're sorry! It's just. Our other dealers were never lenient, we got used to it. We still owe them and everything. Please. We'll give you the money later."

One of the other men, the one who had punched Mina in the chin, shouted angrily, "You're such a ing baby, Lee. They're just a bunch of girls. I say we take their money and pay back EXO in full, maybe sell one of them off too." You turn to look at him and he smirks, not at all phased. He raises an eyebrow, "Right, babe? Do you want me to touch yo--"

He doesn't finish his sentence, screaming instead when a bullet lodges itself into his leg. Jessica sounds bored, "Shut up, you're annoying." The man lets out a string of curses and you roll your eyes.

"Give us everything you have." Mina says, finally speaking for what felt like years to you.

The leader stutters, "B-but. We have to meet EXO and give them the money."

You hum, sympathetically. "Wow. Give us everything."

After a moment of hesitation, he nods, and you guys literally do take everything. "You only paid off half of your debt with this." Mina says, crossing her arms.

You nod, mostly to yourself, before standing up, "We'll be coming by to collect the rest later."

You're leaving when the leader shouts, "We won't even be alive for next time."

"Cool. Just don't bleed on our streets."


". . I can't believe I let you shoot someone!" You say in shock later that night.

Jessica smirks a little, looking at you innocently, "Actually, unnie, I can't believe you didn't let me shoot anyone before."

You just stare at her with wide eyes and Mina and Minhee laugh. "You've created a monster, Sooyong-ah."

You think that maybe you all our monsters now. But being a monster is kind of fun.


You're standing outside of a huge house. It resembles the type of cosy mansions you've only ever seen in movies. You're pretty sure (especially since this is Korea) that Byun Baekhyun is extremely rich to be able to live in a place like this. You double check your phone before typing in the four digit code he had given you. You only doublechecked because you're half afraid you'll get arrested on the spot if you don't get it right the first time.

You ring the doorbell, impatiently, until the door swings open. Byun Baekhyun is standing in front of you shirtless, his hair an absolute mess (even though his eyeline is perfect). You can't help but stare at his milky white skin, the way his body seems to--no. Stop, Sooyong, you have a boyfriend, for God's sake. He frowns, "What are you doing here?"

"Project." You respond, eyeing him, "You forgot, didn't you?

He rolls his eyes, looking down at you, "Pffft. No. Of course not. Come in, come in."

You watch him skeptically, even as he leads you through his house, nonchalantly. His house is grand and homey and really nice. There are soft pillows everywhere and it kind of reminds you of what you think heaven should consist of. You walk past the kitchen and are about to glance in, curiously, when he steps in front of you, blocking your view.

"Wow. Not suspicious at all." You mutter, crossing your arms. "What? Do you have a meth lab in there or something?"

"No, he doesn't! But would you like to see one?" A voice from the kitchen shouts. Baekhyun sighs, aggravated before moving aside so you can enter the kitchen. There's a cute, round cheeked boy with slanted eyes and prominent collarbones grinning at you. He standing in front of a few kegs and you frown.

"Are you saying you own a meth lab?" You ask, curiously.

The chubby cheeked boy laughs, too loudly, and says, "Of course not. But I have alcohol."

"Yeah, I noticed." You turn to Baekhyun, crossing your arms, "Please tell me you are not throwing a party tonight."

"I'm not throwing a party tonight." Baekhyun replies, smirking.

"We have to do a project."

"We can do it later."

"When? Before or after you get piss drunk?" 

The chubby cheeked boy laughs, "Well, Miss Class President. I think you need a drink. Loosen up a bit."

You sigh because he's right. You've been a bit on edge lately because your boyfriend barely answered any of your texts anymore, you're pretty sure LILAC have somehow extremely pissed off EXO (judging from the fact that one of the guards you've hired had been found shot to death in the same exact alleyway you guys dealt with those disgusting imbeciles), and now here was Byun Baekhyun slacking his off on something you really needed to get done.

The boy grins as if he can read your hesitancy, "Let me make you a lil special something, then."

Baekhyun makes a face from beside you, and you can't help but notice that he's still shirtess, "I'd rather you not kill my comm partner, Xiumin."

The boy--Xiumin--laughs, cheerfully. You've noticed that he's the type to smile all the time. You kind of like it, it makes you comfortable. "Fine. I'll make something light, I swear. Scout's honor."

"You were never even a boy scout, hyung." Baekhyun turns to you, leaning forward (does this boy not understand personal space?), smirking in this way that makes you feel a little flustered. Which is ridiculous because you're a mafia leader, cute boys shouldn't make you flustered. "His cocktails are lethal, Sooyong-ssi. Unless you want to end up in nothing but your underwear in the middle of Seoul at three in the morning, not that I would know or anything, I suggest you just get a beer."

You laugh, you can't help it, but you take his advice anyways. Since Xiumin's smile really doesn't seem as innocent anymore.


You're kind of drunk, as it is, and everything seems so much more twisty and hazy and wow, you're a little sad that Baekhyun had decided to put a shirt back on when people had started to arrive. Despite being one of the first people to start drinking, you're pretty sure everyone is a lot more ed up then you are. You grin, god, you've missed going to university parties. They're just so exciting.

Someone taps you on the shoulder and you groan when you see who it is. Minhee scowls, "That's no way to greet your unnie, you little ."

 You giggle and she rolls her eyes, "Oh man. You're drunkFinally."

Minhee is looking at you with quite a bit of pride in her eyes and when you giggle again, she pinches your cheeks and declares that she's going to get a celebratory drink and thank Byun Baekhyun for convincing you to get that stick out of your . She's gone in a flurry and you wonder if you should be insulted or not. You don't have a stick up your , what the hell. And Byun Baekhyun didn't do  even if you did, hypothetically speaking.

You're greeted left and right by classmates, and you're a bit (a lot) offended that they seem so surprised to see you drunk at a party. Rude. You make a mental note to convince the cafeteria to serve Meat Surprise Sandwiches for the next week because you think they need to learn what a true surprise is. You smile, satisfied, when you realize that you need to ask Minhee if Mina is here, and if she is, you need to make sure Mina stays away from alcohol (because Mina doesn't know how to keep a secret when she's intoxicated).

You head off in the general direction you think Minhee went and eventually you get to a row of doors in some hallway. This house is ing huge.

"Hey, babe." Someone says, huskily. You turn around and practically trip over your own two feet. Sometimes you wonder why you're even a Mafia Boss, you're clearly incapable of basic human movement. It's Byun Baekhyun and he's laughing at you and the fact that you're currently sprawled on the floor, rubbing your back.

"Greasy prick." You tell him, matter-of-factly, ignoring his outstretched hand and pulling yourself back up.

He leans close and smirks (you're pretty sure he can hear your heart beating loudly) (why the hell is your beating loudly for him). "Hmmmm. I kind of want to you, right now, you know."

You freeze. What. "What."

He chuckles, throatily before leaning back on his heels, hands on the back of his head, "I'm a little drunk."

You poke him in the chest, over and over again, punctuating every slurred syllable that comes out of your mouth, "You don't just go around saying things like that, drunk or not."

He steps closer and you step back. Except there's door right behind you and, oh my god, he currently has you pinned up between himself and a door and you're way too drunk for this. "Well. Can I, though?"

You pull out your hand and reach for the door handle digging into your back, finding it hard to formulate words when he's looking at you like that, all sultry and smoky and you can't help but imagine what that face would look like when you--God, no. Sooyong, stop. You turn the handle sharply and suddenly you're toppling backwards. He manages to catch himself on the door frame, but he doesn't bother trying to catch you so you hit the ground with a loud thud and a groan of pain.

There's a shriek from behind you and you look up, apologetically, and.

And.

You can't believe your eyes.

No.

No.

It's your boyfriend, Min Jihoon.

.

With another girl.

A pretty one.

Who is also .

He's cheating on you.

Oh god.

No.

"Sooyong-ah? . I can explain. Sooyong-ah."

You don't want to hear it. You're usually not a crier but you thought you maybe kind of sort of loved Jihoon (or at least the idea of it) and this really, really hurt. So you get up and shove past a rather shocked Byun Baekhyun and run away.


You push past the crowd of people, ignoring their concerned questions, until you're standing in the kitchen, in front of Xiumin, who is talking to a cute blonde boy with twinkly, wide eyes, and making drinks (you figure Xiumin's somehow become the official bartender of the night).

Xiumin looks at you and you say, "Make me something strong, please." You think you sound kind of pathetic. Xiumin doesn't really seem phased at all because about thirty seconds later you're downing a drink that's electric blue that tastes faintly of honey and vaguely like gasoline.

The blonde boy, however, looks amused. "I hope you know that that was a Very Bad Idea." You can basically hear the unnecessary capitalization.

Okay, wow. Everything kind of starts to swirl and sway and you kind of have to agree with the boy. But you just make a face at him instead, "You're a Very Bad Idea." You reply, intelligently.

He laughs, obnoxiously, "Great comeback. I'm definitely going to be crying myself to sleep tonight."

"Gooooood." You nod, satisfied, and Xiumin laughs, handing you another drink. This time it's fuchsia and very sparkly and you declare that it's way too cute and pretty to drink. You kind of want to frame it.

Someone snatches the drink from your admiring gaze and you protest with a grumpy pout and stomp. "I think it's time I cut you off."

It's Byun Baekhyun and is it just you or did he get infintely hotter than he had been five minutes ago? Baekhyun smirks and, , did you just say that out loud?

Baekhyun nods and you scowl, making grabby hands at the cute sparkly pink drink that you now most definitely need. "Gimme."

Baekhyun hands it back to Xiumin and shakes his head, "You're drunk off your and it's not even midnight yet."

You protest loudly and the blonde boy says, "They're very nice , though, if it's any consolation."

You burst into a fit of giggles when Baekhyun throws the boy a warning glance and says, seriously, "Luhan, she's off limits."

You make a face, "Are you, likeee, calling dibs on me or something? Because lemme explain you ... a thing, Byunnie Baekhyunnie. I am not an object, okayyy."

"Byunnie Baekhyunnie." Xiumin repeats and Luhan bursts into laughter. 

You grasp Baekhyun's shoulders and look him in the eyes. Gosh, he's so pretty. "No. Dibs."

He nods, patting your hand, consolingly. "Yes, yes. No dibs. And thanks, I am pretty."

You blush. Oh no.

That's when a hand grabs your wrist tightly. You frown and find yourself face to face with a rather pissed off looking Jihoon. You glare.

"I'm taking you home, Sooyong-ah. You're drunk."

You look down at the hand on your wrist and make a rather disgusted face. "Um. Why are you touching me?"

"Because I'm your boyfriend." He says it gently, like he's talking to a child. This infuriates you because he's acting like he hasn't done anything wrong.

You laugh, scathingly, and shove his hand off you. "That didn't seem to stop you from ing some girl that wasn't me not even twenty minutes ago, now, did it?" You hear gasps and you realize that you're both making a scene. A part of you wants to take this somewhere more private. The rest of you wants to embarrass him thoroughly and publicly.

He turns red. "You're drunk. You don't know what you're talking about." He tries to grab you again and you wish anger could burn people.

"I know exactly what I'm talking abo--for 's sakes, stop touching me." You growl, annoyed that you won't stop slurring your words, voice rising.

Another hand shoves Jihoon's away and Baekhyun voice cuts through the silence. It's strangely silent and you realize that everyone has stopped what they're doing. Even the DJ, a freshmen named Sehun, has lowered the music. Are they all anticipating a fight or something? The tanned boy with the stoic face definitely looks ready to fight. "She says to stop touching her, so stop touching her."

Jihoon turns his fury on Baekhyun. "Why should I listen to you. You're the reason why she's so ing drunk. I should ing kick your right now for coming on to her when she's drunk out of her mind. You're just trying to take advantage of her."

You cannot believe his audacity when he reaches for you and tucks you into his side, like the perfect boyfriend he used to be. You squirm in his grip, but it's tight. You're ing angry at this point because who the  does Jihoon think he is? Baekhyun looks sufficiently angry and you're positive he's about to punch someone. Luhan and Xiumin step forward a little as if they're flanking Baekhyun. Your hazy mind finds it just a tiny bit weird. But you're angry and you do not need a bunch of boys helping you, like,  that noise, you're all about girl power, feminism, etc, etc.

So you reach out and dig your nails into the arm around your shoulders and you hold on.

Jihoon gasps in pain. "Ow. What the , Sooyong, that hurts."

"Then let the  go of me." You say, menacingly, and you really don't mean to, but you're using that voice, the one you you reserve for clients that piss you off.

He doesn't let go. Instead he says, softly, "I'm sorry, okay. I know you're mad, but you're drunk and irrational. Let me take care of you."

That's when you twist his arm back, back, back and shift your weight so you can flip him out and over until he's hits the ground hard, gasping for air. "When I tell you to let go of me, you better let go of me." Jihoon's looking at you with wide eyes and you squat, patting his cheek, "We are done. Don't ever speak to me again."

You straighten up and Baekhyun is staring at you with a mixture of respect, awe, and confusion. Xiumin let's out a low whistle and Luhan looks at you with interest.

Then you realize that you're supposed to be the sweet Class President, not one that can manhandle her cheating boyfriend into the ground in one move.

.

Then Baekhyun smirks and the music is turned back up. You can almost pretend you didn't almost just blow your cover.


notes: if you look at that photoset from tumblr that i linked wayyyyy in the beginning you can find out what each member exo specializes in because that totaly gives more insight. also wow i love writing badass mafia boss sooyong and her badass members, ok, it's exciting. lemme just tell you that this fic is going to have a ton of grey areas and it might get angsty at points, just so you know! Thank you for reading and commenting!

shameless self promotion:

(i've got a baekyeol fic called experience and a chenlay sidestory for it coming soon called elastic heart if you're interested)